MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your timeline is very interesting inmyhumbleopinion. If Ally was murdered so quickly after leaving her home (within a 10 minute window), it suggests she was under surveillance starting at her parents home.

I would be interested in understanding the line of sight 360 degrees, and where there could be covert hiding spots. If there truly weren't any obvious places to conceal, I would drag every neighbor on that jogging trail in for a poly. But that's just me.

The homeowner tried to save Ally's life. I think if he had doubts about any neighbors he would have told LE. Plus, in the CW Daily episode in March, LE said poly results don't make someone a killer and he was specifically talking about Wes.

I think it is highly likely Ally's killer trolls rural roads looking for young women who are alone. There have been multiple cases in many states. Predators are out there.

Perhaps just as surprising as Sutherland's accusation against Ally's parents is the reaction of the police to it.

"We have not ruled out anyone. Including mom and dad," said Lt. Shaw.

Nor Wes Sutherland.

"He's not been ruled out," said Shaw.

Police also say that failing a polygraph test doesn't mean Wes Sutherland had anything to do with Ally Brueger's murder.

"It wouldn't be fair for us to say that just because he lied to us, you know, that he's a killer," said Lt. Shaw. "People lie to us all the time. Does that make you a murderer? It doesn't."

Who killed Ally Brueger? Michigan nurse gunned down while jogging on rural dirt road

I think it is highly likely Ally's killer trolls rural roads looking for young women who are alone. There have been multiple cases in many states. Predators are out there.
Respectfully snipped for focus. You could be entirely right on this, but it certainly is risky to the Perp, isn't it? Unknowns going down back roads stand out like a sore thumb, and this is why I am leaning towards a local connection. Someone who blends in; someone who is hiding in plain sight.

Respectfully snipped for focus. You could be entirely right on this, but it certainly is risky to the Perp, isn't it? Unknowns going down back roads stand out like a sore thumb, and this is why I am leaning towards a local connection. Someone who blends in; someone who is hiding in plain sight.

What risk is there to the perp? All that has been mentioned is a white or light colored sedan and that could be anybody. Driving down a secluded, sparsely populated dirt road seems to be a fairly safe way for a perp to capture his prey, imo. Here we are two years later and the killer still hasn't been arrested.

LE says there is evidence that Ally knew her attacker, so I guess your stink-eye neighbor could qualify as someone you “know” in the eyes of LE. We don’t have a definition of “know” so it could be someone she knew by sight but not necessarily by name? I don’t remember if LE worded it more specifically.

Here are some of the statements made by Lt. Shaw on the subject matter:

Dated Sep 21, 2016:
“Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer.

There are a lot of things at the crime scene that points us to that she knew who this was,’ Shaw said. ‘I can’t expand on that, but there is not enough evidence that we can rule out a random event. We think it’s someone she knew, but we can’t say for certain that she didn’t get into an incident with a vehicle in a road rage type of event, either. We have to be careful to not narrow the focus.’“ (BBM)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/90785580

Dated Oct 7, 2016:
“In a hometownlife.com article published two weeks ago, Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer. He said there are a lot of things at the crime scene that point investigators to the conclusion that the killer was someone she probably knew. He said there is not enough evidence to rule out a random event or a road-rage type incident.“ (BBM)
Hunt for jogger’s killer continues

Dated Mar 6, 2018:
“One of them is that Ally may have been the victim of a deadly case of road rage.

‘Somebody drives by and for whatever reason, they get into it, and she's killed,’ said Shaw.

Or, unthinkably, that Ally had been deliberately marked for assassination.

She knew who it was. Somebody that got mad at her at work, something to that effect,’ said Shaw.” (BBM)
Who killed Ally Brueger? Michigan nurse gunned down while jogging on rural dirt road

What risk is there to the perp? All that has been mentioned is a white or light colored sedan and that could be anybody. Driving down a secluded, sparsely populated dirt road seems to be a fairly safe way for a perp to capture his prey, imo. Here we are two years later and the killer still hasn't been arrested.
Well that's hard to dispute; good point. It just seems very, very risky for an out-of-towner to be maneuvering through the back roads of a small town without detection. My point is that they haven't been caught because they blended in...a local. Seems like "out of place" folks would have been noticed quickly in that small community.

Well that's hard to dispute; good point. It just seems very, very risky for an out-of-towner to be maneuvering through the back roads of a small town without detection. My point is that they haven't been caught because they blended in...a local. Seems like "out of place" folks would have been noticed quickly in that small community.

We live in a small rural community and really it’s not all that uncommon to see people driving down dirt roads that you’ve never seen before. People enjoy a good country cruise I guess. Although it’s less common than in bigger cities for sure and it would be more obvious than a busy road.

Ally wasn't running the back roads of Holly, she was running south of town on a rural, dirt road. The few houses are far apart. Right off Fish Lake Rd is an equestrian center. It's entirely possible she was running in the road and a truck pulling a trailer came up behind her and became upset she was in the road at all. We don't know where she was when she was shot nor do we know how far she was able to make it before collapsing.

We live in a small rural community and really it’s not all that uncommon to see people driving down dirt roads that you’ve never seen before. People enjoy a good country cruise I guess. Although it’s less common than in bigger cities for sure and it would be more obvious than a busy road.
You just reinforced my point; you noticed them, and noticed they weren’t locals

You just reinforced my point; you noticed them, and noticed they weren’t locals

I guess the point I was trying to make is that they are common enough not to take too much notice. I would never remember the make, model or color of a vehicle unless it was speeding super fast or slow rolling past. Half the time if I’m out working in the yard I don’t even look up. And just because I haven’t seen them in my road doesn’t mean they aren’t locals. Lots of locals country cruise too. We even do. Lol

It is very common for families and friends to fracture when tragedy strikes. I’m glad the thread is moving the focus back to Ally, where it should be. I’m going to study the aerial maps again, and see if I get any additional theories or insights.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that they are common enough not to take too much notice. I would never remember the make, model or color of a vehicle unless it was speeding super fast or slow rolling past. Half the time if I’m out working in the yard I don’t even look up. And just because I haven’t seen them in my road doesn’t mean they aren’t locals. Lots of locals country cruise too. We even do. Lol

Do those who live on dirt roads spend much time in the front yard? The dirt kicked-up by cars would be bothersome, imo.

<snipped quoted post and response to it>
As far as I can see posters are giving opinions and thoughts on this case and that is the extent of it.
As for the parents...Wes is still a suspect so they aren't wrong. LE has confirmed this to be a fact.IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
So Shaw said he just needs the killer to tell him the missing piece of the puzzle? Smh. Who would do that?

Or does he mean that he doesn't understand the motive for why the person did it.

LE knows that most people talk and most criminals tell someone about their crime.
For example, the killer could have told a friend or neighbor that he shot Ally. LE wants the killer or the friend or the neighbor to contact LE to provide the "one tiny piece of the puzzle".
"There's one tiny piece of the puzzle that we're looking for. That we either need the person that was involved to tell us about, or the person that was told. And once they do that, we will solve this case," said Shaw.

LE knows that most people talk and most criminals tell someone about their crime.
For example, the killer could have told a friend or neighbor that he shot Ally. LE wants the killer or the friend or the neighbor to contact LE to provide the "one tiny piece of the puzzle".
"There's one tiny piece of the puzzle that we're looking for. That we either need the person that was involved to tell us about, or the person that was told. And once they do that, we will solve this case," said Shaw.
He doesn't say her murderer. He says the person that was involved. I wonder if they know someone is covering for the killer by providing a false alibi and he feels that person needs tell the truth. Very Strange.

Plus that person would obviously know more if they are covering for someone.

Its like we know you did it but we need your friend to come clean and stop lying about said alibi.

Idk. Just wondering for now.

You’re right. And prisoners brag to each other when incarcerated. They think it gives them creds and notoriety.

He doesn't say her murderer. He says the person that was involved. I wonder if they know someone is covering for the killer by providing a false alibi and he feels that person needs tell the truth. Very Strange.

Plus that person would obviously know more if they are covering for someone.

Its like we know you did it but we need your friend to come clean and stop lying about said alibi.

Idk. Just wondering for now.
Extremely interesting theory. Reminds me of the Erin Corwin murder. You may very well be on to something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaylaSolves