MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Just to clarify, did Wes ever say he didn't own sandals?

I know BP told LE he didn't own sandals, but I don't remember Wes saying that (I haven't read every single post in here, but most of them).

I don't have a strong opinion at this point of Wes' involvement either way, just wanted to clarify this in the interest of keeping facts straight. (Also, for either of them, seems just a little weird in general--doesn't pretty much everyone own sandals? Whatever I guess)

Well if he did have sandals I bet he doesn't now but I do remember him talking about them. I think he said he didn't own any but he knew a man that did IYKWIM.

Reactions: dub
Well if he did have sandals I bet he doesn't know but I do remember him talking about them. I think he said he didn't own any but he knew a man that did IYKWIM.

Gotcha IKWYM thanks.

Presumption of innocence the principle that a juror should vote to convict a criminal defendant only if the juror believes the accused to be guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt."

When we serve on a jury we observe that rule.

On the internet, not so much. WS is the only named suspect in this case and T has allowed us to discuss that fact.

Presumption of innocence the principle that a juror should vote to convict a criminal defendant only if the juror believes the accused to be guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt."

On the internet, not so much. WS is the only named suspect in this case and T has allowed us to discuss that fact.

It’s a shame that not everyone extended this same courtesy to Franz. Especially since it turns out LE cleated him as a suspect.

Also means innocent till proven guilty which is how I was using it.

Last edited:
Reasons for clearing WS

Owns no gun
Fathers shotguns cleared
Tyre molds and vehicle don't match
No motive
Was at home asleep/on nights
Text phone history
Still a couple/amicable relationship
Attended July family gathering together
Doesn't own sandals
Poly inconclusive.
Visibly upset, distraught and griefstruck.
No arrest
No evidence

Not a one of this list can be said "beyond a doubt". We only have a suspect's words for most of them.

Guns? He says he did not own a gun, but had access through his father. He could have access to other guns via relatives/friends, too. From his own words he said he hunted, and from his experience in the military he probably was a good shot.

Tires/vehicle? We don't know if the tires/vehicle match his --- did he ever say what he drove? Would we believe him if he did? Did he borrow or rent a vehicle ?

Motive??? He had plenty of motive if we want to be nit-picky. They broke up, they may or may not have been making plans to get back together. She was going to visit another man. She left him, and apparently tried to stay on good terms. How close they remained is unknown to anyone here. Who paid the bills? Who made the most money? Who was continuing with education? Who had the most to lose by her death? Lots of questions, no real answers.

Family gathering: I didn't follow the discussion on the July gathering..... did we see pics or texts? Were they happy together then, or was she just going along to keep things "cool"? We can never know what Ally's true feelings were at any of these events, and people can put up a good front yet still feel differently than what we see.

Sandals? Have we seen inside his closets/rooms/car??? My husband would say he doesn't own sandals, but he does wear those rubbery things occasionally as slippers. Maybe he has something that could be similar to sandals but he calls them something else.

Visibly distraught/upset/griefstruck? Maybe ---- or maybe it was an act. Words can be deceiving on a forum, and manipulated however we want. But those three emotions do not generally end up with calling posters names for disagreeing, or cursing and threatening to banish mods and other posters, etc. He did not show a strong indication to find Ally's killer, but to clear his own name/reputation. Sorry, but even a distraught ex BF would not behave in such derogatory behavior, IMO, even if they were offended by a crime forum intent on finding the right killer. Even in their grief, they know we are here to help, and will disagree with some things, agree with others.

No arrest? They don't have all the evidence they need and will not make an arrest until they do and can guarantee it will stand up in court.

Evidence? We don't know what evidence they have or do not have, but according to LE they DO have evidence that it was likely someone she knew. What that could be is only a guess and I won't go there right now.

I think so. She's not a case insider is she? Maybe someone with longer time in WS can weigh in.

Yes she is considered an INSIDER and a PROFESSIONAL, and has the same responsibilities/rights as all VERIFIED INSIDERS. NOTICE HER TAGLINE: "Verified Associate Editor of the Tri County Times"

If you check back, CM's tagline was "Verified in Alexandra Brueger" ..... it did not say Verified INSIDER, either.

See the verification for "professionals/insiders" Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

AND HERE: Professional Posters & Verified Insiders

Reasons for clearing WS

Tyre molds and vehicle don't match

Poly inconclusive.

Visibly upset, distraught and griefstruck.

RSBM for focus

To the best of my knowledge, neither LE or Wes has ever said his vehicle did not match.

In fact, one of the many questions Wes seemed to avoid answering was what type of vehicle he was driving at the time of Ally’s murder.

At least one poster asked the same question about his brother and father, and that was completely ignored as well.

Even if he refused, LE might have been able to obtain a warrant to search Wes’ vehicle as “Police had grown suspicious of Wes Sutherland from the first time they interviewed him, believing he was lying and withholding information.” As for family members, it would be a different story, IMO.

One poly came back as inconclusive, and he failed another:
“‘They said that the first one was inconclusive, and then they said that I failed the second one,’ said Sutherland.”

As to his demeanor, there are a couple of things I noticed while watching the CWD interview (MOO):
1. It has always bothered me that he does appear to be upset (crying, red eyes, etc.) when he tells Chris Hansen how “extremely painful” to be looked at as a suspect, but not when he talks about Ally. (@4’12”)

2. It almost scares me that he answers “Absolutely not,” but at the same time nods his head when asked by Hansen “Did you kill Ally?” (@4’40”)

Last edited:
Thank you, Spellbound. Enough already with SS' word games :rolleyes:

You're welcome. How do we have a sensible discusssion when we have to parse the word " verified" over and over? Time to move on and accept the credentialed Verified Professional as we do any other "Verfied" WS poster. Nothing makes this one any different.
upload_2018-7-31_20-52-7.gif

RSBM for focus

To the best of my knowledge, neither LE or Wes ever said his vehicle did not match.

In fact, one of the many questions Wes seemed to avoid answering was what type of vehicle he was driving at the time of Ally’s murder.

At least one poster asked the same question about his brother and father, and that was completely ignored as well.

Even if he refused, LE might have been able to obtain a warrant to search Wes’ vehicle as “Police had grown suspicious of Wes Sutherland from the first time they interviewed him, believing he was lying and withholding information.” As for family members, it would be a different story, IMO.

“‘They said that the first one was inconclusive, and then they said that I failed the second one,’ said Sutherland.”

As to his demeanor, there are a couple of things I noticed while watching the CWD interview (MOO):
1. It has always bothered me that he does appear to be upset (crying, red eyes, etc.) when he tells Chris Hansen how “extremely painful” to be looked at as a suspect, but not when he talks about Ally. (@4’12”)

2. It almost scares me that he answers “No” but at the same time nods his head when asked by Hansen “Did you kill Ally?” (@4’40”)

bbm

Interesting. I never noticed that.

RSBM for focus

To the best of my knowledge, neither LE or Wes ever said his vehicle did not match.

2. *It almost scares me that he answers “No” but at the same time nods his head when asked by Hansen “Did you kill Ally?” (@4’40”)

Excellent post, and a great observation about the video! (*My bold)

RSBM for focus

I noticed that too but I missed just enough posts to have brushed it off as just something I bypassed.

Very late in arriving to the performance - has anyone gone back and checked VI's replies about such as the above, to make sure we aren't forgetting something? When this important of player arrives, we the audience should take advantage of our right to check answers even as the play goes on.

ETA
I should have taken my own advice! Combatmedic is gone with the wind!

He has left ample material behind him, though, if one is willing to sort. Things which could prove of interest in other venues, perhaps....

Thanks to Tricia and mods, thanks to OP creator BetteDavisEyes, thanks to all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member