GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hesitate to mention this, but I don't know the forum rules on posting non-named (by LE, I mean) RSOs in association with a case?

Meaning we've posted two different guys...chances are at least one of them is not involved in April's murder.

I hesitate to mention this, but I don't know the forum rules on posting non-named (by LE, I mean) RSOs in association with a case?

Meaning we've posted two different guys...chances are at least one of them is not involved in April's murder.

I may have messed up by doing that, but I thought RSO's were okay. If not...sorry!

Looking again at this sketch, the suspect looks way younger than the second SO I posted. But I'm still thinking that's GOT to be him because of the address?

Can anybody here put JBV's pic side by side with the sketch?

JBV (associated with property being searched and RSO) conviction was in 1995. That is 20 years ago. Either he has been acting out and not gotten caught or he had a long dry spell to end at murder.

Was someone saying there were other girls missing or assaulted? Teen girls in this guys age range of preference? It is hard for me to believe he just suddenly started acting up. KWIM?

Also LE says no sexual assault. So did he attempt and she faught back to hard so he killed her and bailed?

[h=3]Offense or Statutehttp://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/MI2001096/James-Bernard-Vancallis.html[/h]
Offense/Statute:750.520C1A - CRIMINAL SEXUAL CONDUCT - SECOND DEGREE (Person Under Thirteen)Date Convicted:18 September 1995Offense/Statute:750.520E1A-A - CRIMINAL SEXUAL CONDUCT - FOURTH DEGREE - VICTIM BETWEEN 13-16Date Convicted:18 September 1995

I was thinking the same thing re: length of time. As far as why no sexual assault, one of my thoughts was the dog being with her.

I may have messed up by doing that, but I thought RSO's were okay. If not...sorry!

I really don't know either way. I know we've definitely sleuthed *addresses* of nearby RSOs (such as in Alanna Gallagher murder) but I can't remember if it's okay to name them explicitly. Someone who knows for sure will post soon, if they haven't already while I'm typing this.

July 30, 2014 at 3:06 pm

FBI searches house in connection with Armada girl's killing

Ursula Watson/The Detroit News

The FBI is executing a search warrant at a house in rural Wales Township in connection with the killing of a 14-year-old Armada girl.

The house is near Wales Center and Marquette roads, about 15 miles west of Port Huron in St. Clair County, FBI Detroit Division Supervisory Special Agent David K. Porter said.

April Millsap, 14, was found dead Thursday in a ditch along the Macomb Orchard Trail.

Michigan State Police are seeking information on a motorcycle that may have been in the area. They also have released a composite sketch of a white male with sandy brown or reddish hair who is a person of interest being sought for questioning...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140730/METRO03/307300108#ixzz38yr5nyef

It is my understanding that posting publicly available information (such as that found on the registry) may be linked and discussed using initials and only in relation to proximity or victim preference to the case at hand.

It may NOT be used to harass an offender in any way. But we may discuss their publicly available records, information and address only AS IT PERTAINS to the case at hand.

I was thinking the same thing re: length of time. As far as why no sexual assault, one of my thoughts was the dog being with her.

Or something scared him away? Maybe whoever was on the motorcycle they mentioned?

JBV would be 67, I'm trying to reconcile that info with the fact that the sketch looks much younger, and that JBV's hair must be very gray now if he's nearing 70. I would think a witness would easily be able to tell if the person they were describing was elderly.

Honestly, the sketch looks like an angry teenager to me.

I do agree with all of you on the differences in the sketch. However, they ARE at the last known address for JBV and they were able to secure warrants. We shall see!

Gotta be more than one person living in that gigantic house. I wonder if RBV has any children/grandchildren...

I want to point out the JBV has reddish or what might be termed sandy hair if it is reddish peppered with gray.

Also as pointed out by Ariane, there may be others living in the home.

It is also possible that the sketch was of a witness in the area (maybe motorcycle rider although I think he was reported to be wearing a helmet) and they perhaps found him. Info HE provided may have led to this raid/search.

I want to point out the JBV has reddish or what might be termed sandy hair if it is reddish peppered with gray.

Well if it turns out to be JDM, wouldn't that be odd.

IMO he looks almost identical to that sketch

Ugh. Given what we've seen of the outside of that house, can you imagine what the inside looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookingforheatherarcher