GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/07/28/millsap-april-murder-michigan-walk-dog-composite-sketch

"CNN affiliate WDIV reports April sent her boyfriend a disturbing text message while she was out walking her dog that said, “I think I’m about to be abducted.”

The person of interest is described as a white male, taller in stature.

In addition to the composite sketch, police have released a photograph of April’s dog. Police say it’s possible that someone may remember seeing April with Penny, or Penny unattended around the critical timeframe of 6:20 p.m. – 8:20 p.m. the night of the murder".

This is so heartbreaking. I'm so sad for this family and this poor dog. What did he see???? I hope this person is caught ASAP. RIP April.

I walk my sister's golden lab all the time and I just love her, but I'm pretty sure she would NOT protect me if I was being attacked. She'd probably want to lick them or she'd run away.

I doubt my dog would protect me either, she would run. Shes a big black dog who won't even bark when someone comes to the door. sigh

And ya love her to pieces anyway, lol. Been there done that.

No, no, I think maybe I'm being misunderstood about the dog. I know there are tons of dogs out there who would never bite or attack or defend - my point was, IF it was a stranger, how would they know that the dog wouldn't be a problem?? I don't know if any of the dogs I've had in my life would've "protected me" or not, as they never had the need to - but, a STRANGER wouldn't know that the dog wouldn't protect... does that make more sense? That's why I feel it might be someone who knew her and the dog. Not trying to say all dogs would defend or protect!! Hope that makes a little more sense. It's just my opinion, but seems risky for a total stranger to not have concern about a dog.

And ya love her to pieces anyway, lol. Been there done that.

Was this a random crime of opportunity or was she stalked by someone who knew her daily routine? The latest press reports indicates her family believes that she knew her killer.

I'd look closer at the boyfriend and/or his acquaintances. How old is the boyfriend? Did the bf have older siblings? cousins? friends of the bf? Maybe a friend had an eye on April. Did the boyfriends mother have a live in bf? husband? What other males lived in the bf's house? Any renters, boarders? Since this is a farming area, is there any hired help?

BTW - Local TV announced a viewing on Thursday and funeral on Friday.

No, no, I think maybe I'm being misunderstood about the dog. I know there are tons of dogs out there who would never bite or attack or defend - my point was, IF it was a stranger, how would they know that the dog wouldn't be a problem?? I don't know if any of the dogs I've had in my life would've "protected me" or not, as they never had the need to - but, a STRANGER wouldn't know that the dog wouldn't protect... does that make more sense? That's why I feel it might be someone who knew her and the dog. Not trying to say all dogs would defend or protect!! Hope that makes a little more sense. It's just my opinion, but seems risky for a total stranger to not have concern about a dog.

I was thinking that too. Why take that kind of risk unless the dog was off leash and ran up to him in a friendly manner? My dog is always off leash on our hikes and she does run ahead and greets people. I keep hoping she is a good judge of character. ;)

I follow SieSie. How did the perp know the dog was not going to be a problem. Suggests familiarity.

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2014/07/27/armada_times/doc53d572a6ada93780257155.txt

Family, friends and members of the community rallied together Saturday evening at a candlelight memorial at St. Mary Mystical Rose Church in Armada.

“I really want it to be known that my poor friend constantly blames herself for someone else’s selfish act and ignorance. It’s bad enough that she’s lost her only child, but to carry the guilt that it’s her fault is just more than anyone going through this should have to feel,” said Debbie Shanta, of Indiana, about her best friend, Jennifer Millsap, of 10 years...

“Jennifer hasn’t even been able to see her, only through pictures shown to her by police to identify that it was April,” Shanta said, adding that they have no idea when her body will be released from the Macomb County Medical Examiner’s Office and funeral plans won’t be made until then.

An autopsy confirmed that April was killed, but Smith declined comment on how she died, other than that she was neither shot nor stabbed.
April just graduated from Armada Middle School and was to start high school in the fall.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ng-of-14yearold-girl-on-macomb-trail/27172600

Polygraphs have been given to a number of April’s friends and relatives as a routine investigative technique.

That includes April’s boyfriend, AA. His father, Dave, said police told him his son passed the test on Saturday.

“He didn’t even stay for the results because he wanted to be (at the vigil),” Dave Albertson said.

http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/articles/2014/07/28/news/doc53d67738d72f6769175726.txt?viewmode=default

This case is really hitting home. DD is going to be 14 in a few months. She loves to walk our dogs. I can't imagine this mother's pain. Her only child. :(

Investigators in the murder of 14 year old April Millsap areworking around the clock to solve this horrific crime.

Numerous local law enforcement from the Armada Police Department, Michigan State Police, Macomb County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI are involved in the investigation.

A command post has been set up inside of the Armada Middle School where April had been a student.
Authorities have been going door to door, on multiple instances to the same houses, just making sure that they have every piece of information possible to solve this case.

Police would like to speak with anyone who was on the Macomb Orchard Trail between 6:20 p.m. and 8:20 p.m. on Thursday July 24th, 2014.

http://www.miheadlines.com/2014/07/28/investigators-murder-april-millsap-working-clock/

Four days after her teen daughter was found murdered on a nearby recreation trail, Jennifer Millsap sat in a plastic white lawn chair outside her Armada home Monday, struggling to comprehend what was happening.

SNIP

“I’m just existing. I’m just numb,” the 43-year-old mother said later through a broken porch screen door. She didn’t want to discuss her daughter’s death — noting funeral arrangements hadn’t been made yet — and referred questions to the state police.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140728/NEWS04/307280188/Armada-murder-teen-April-Millsap

BBM:
State police, who are members of a task force searching for the killer, said in a statement Tuesday that detectives have interviewed relatives and Millsap's boyfriend, "but they are not considered suspects in her death."

Read more at: M Live

April's Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/april.millsap

Not much there but some really beautiful selfies that show her personality to me.

Awww, she really was so beautiful and had her whole life ahead of her. Thanks for sharing the FB link, I hadn't seen very many pictures of her before. I saved the cover photo (heart shaped shadow hands against a tree) because I love trees and thought it was beautiful!

ETA and OT: Here's the picture I'm referring to, in case some people don't have FB... it's not relevant to the case at all:
HeartShadowHandsOnTree.jpg

Funeral arrangements set for 14-year-old Armada teen whose body was found in wooded area

Community will be able to pay respects to April Millsap on Friday at St. Mary Mystical Rose Catholic Church

VILLAGE OF ARMADA, Mich. -
Funeral arrangements have been set for a slain Detroit-area teenager whose body was found in a wooded area.

April Millsap's funeral will be held Friday at 11 a.m. at St. Mary Mystical Rose Catholic Church in Armada.

Visitation will be from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday at the Tiffany-Young and Hauss Funeral Home, 73919 Fulton Street in Armada. A service will also be held that day at 7 p.m...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-whose-body-was-found-in-wooded-area/27205018

July 29, 2014 at 11:05 am

Funeral set for Armada teen as authorities seek motorcycle details

The Detroit News

Armada — Funeral arrangements have been made for a slain teen whose body was found last week in a wooded area.

Visitation for April Millsap, 14, will be 2-8 p.m. Thursday at Tiffany-Young and Hauss Funeral Home at 73919 Fulton, according to a family-organized Facebook page “Justice For April Millsap.”

Her funeral is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary Mystical Rose Catholic Church at 24040 Armada Ridge Road...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140729/METRO03/307290081#ixzz38stULwte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip