Found Deceased MI - Brendan Santo 18, visitor, Michigan State University campus, East Lansing, 29 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The water level and current continue to trend down. USGS | Monitoring Station

Praying he's found today.

Big difference in levels. Thanks for the graphic, @CLGM.

If his body is in that river, it should make finding the body easier, seems to me. I would think a lower water level would enable the searchers to make better progress. There is still daylight out there -- we're losing it here in the eastern US.
SMH. Wishing strength, patience and calm to the searchers and especially to those who love him.

ETA -- I just checked --no news on the MSM that I could find. Oh what a sad, sad situation.

Big difference in levels. Thanks for the graphic, @CLGM.

If his body is in that river, it should make finding the body easier, seems to me. I would think a lower water level would enable the searchers to make better progress. There is still daylight out there -- we're losing it here in the eastern US.
SMH. Wishing strength, patience and calm to the searchers and especially to those who love him.

ETA -- I just checked --no news on the MSM that I could find. Oh what a sad, sad situation.

Same, same, same.

Back when he went missing the river level was really high and moving pretty fast. How far down river have they made it in the search? Has that information been made public? I would imagine he made it a pretty good distance unless he was caught up in hanging tree limbs, rocks, etc.

Once they find Brendan there needs to be an urgent investigation to determine why so many security cameras weren’t working. It’s a massive failure in terms of the University’s duty of care.

Do you have a link for an official statement on this in MSM? I've seen reader/viewer comments on the non-operational surveillance cameras but have not seen confirmation of this by Michigan State University or in MSM media.

LE has indicated that foul play is not suspected. What do you think may have happened to Brendan if he didn't fall into the river? The search seems focused on the Red Cedar River. Where else do you think LE should search?

It's just a feeling. I mean maybe it's not "foul play" but maybe an accident happened and someone is trying to cover it up. It's just a thought.

Do you have a link for an official statement on this in MSM? I've seen reader/viewer comments on the non-operational surveillance cameras but have not seen confirmation of this by Michigan State University or in MSM media.
I believe it was put out in a statement made by the family. I'll see if I can find it too.

Okay it's from the Bring Brendan Santo Home Facebook page. We can't link it here without it being approved. There's a good amount of detailed information about the case.

It's just a feeling. I mean maybe it's not "foul play" but maybe an accident happened and someone is trying to cover it up. It's just a thought.

what kind of accident though? With as many people out and about there would be witnesses. I thought the same thing at first but there’s was just too much activity down there for someone to have not seen or heard something.

what kind of accident though? With as many people out and about there would be witnesses. I thought the same thing at first but there’s was just too much activity down there for someone to have not seen or heard something.
Not to be argumentative here but the same scenario could apply to him falling in the river and maybe shouting for help? Yes? No?

NOV 9, 2021
Brendan Santo: FBI Joins Search for Missing Teen Who Vanished from Michigan State University, $5K Reward Offered – Crime Online
“At this point, foul play is not suspected in Brendan Santo’s disappearance, and we have received no other reports of missing persons. We also do not believe that Brendan intended to harm himself,” police previously said in a press release.

“The Red Cedar River is of particular interest just due to the close proximity (to) where Brendan was last seen,” MSU PD Public Information Officer Inspector Chris Rozman said. “That particular search effort is requiring additional resources from MSP’s Marine Services Division.”

Reward Offered in Search for GVSU Student Brendan Santo Still Missing in East Lansing (rivergrandrapids.com)
According to a release from MSU Police, anyone who had contact or spoke with Brendan during his visit to the college has been interviewed by police. While police located his vehicle, his cell phone has not been found.

So sad to hear this. Lived just a few blocks away when I was in high school. East Lansing is a big city with small town midwestern people. It really is a safe area and while kids party and things can get wild at time, MSU is a safe campus. They should also double check the underground passageways, just in case. When I lived there they were still open and we could walk through them, I don't know if that's still the case.

So sad to hear this. Lived just a few blocks away when I was in high school. East Lansing is a big city with small town midwestern people. It really is a safe area and while kids party and things can get wild at time, MSU is a safe campus. They should also double check the underground passageways, just in case. When I lived there they were still open and we could walk through them, I don't know if that's still the case.

where do the underground tunnels go? Were they to avoid the winter weather?

Not to be argumentative here but the same scenario could apply to him falling in the river and maybe shouting for help? Yes? No?

people aren’t going to report that for what reason? Drunk or not I would definitely try to save the person if I witnessed him fall in the river and I couldn’t get to him. That is someone’s life. You don’t just ignore that.

where do the underground tunnels go? Were they to avoid the winter weather?
Yes, they are old utility tunnels. They run pretty much throughout the campus. Back in 79 there was a search for a student who had disappeared and they thought he was in the tunnels. I had heard they were originally used to walk between buildings in the winter. Here's a video.

The info is from a statement made his parents on the Bring Brandon Santo Home Facebook page. It was posted on here, but I didn’t post it as I was concerned it may breach the rules on here.

But this is from July this year. It states MSU have at least 1,038 cameras of their own on site. They’re not monitored. So even if they were working, no-one was watching live who could have seen what happened to Brendan and potentially saved him.

https://www.fox47news.com/news/stat...mpus-the-university-of-michigan-has-even-more

I'm not sure which route he took, if he went up Beal St to Mich Ave or if he went the opposite way down Beal St and through the field, but either way he's walking along the river. People have slipped into the river before and with the height of the river it could be moving as fast as 10 mph.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back