Found Deceased MI - Brendan Santo 18, visitor, Michigan State University campus, East Lansing, 29 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NOV 12, 2021
Reward for information that helps find Brendan Santo increases to $11K
A reward for information that leads to finding Brendan Santo has now grown to $11,000 with the addition of private donations.

Reward for credible information to locate Brendan Santo increases to $11,000
[...]

In addition, on Nov. 9, a was organized by MC for Santo's family. Over $84,000 has been donated by over 723 donors in the past 36 hours.

The funds will be used to hire private entities to help increase search efforts, print flyers, help with family costs incurred due to absence from work and traveling between East Lansing and home, feed volunteers and notify additional publications to get the word out about Brendan, including billboard signs.

[...]

“Our investigators have been diligent in this investigation,” Rozman said. “They’ve interviewed everyone who last had contact or spoke with Brendan, and they’ve reviewed surveillance cameras. They've also utilized advanced investigative techniques. They've reviewed cellular telephone data, smartphone data, GPS data.”

In addition, the data is also being reviewed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or FBI.

"We have not recovered Brendan’s phone and records show no current activity. We are confident that we have obtained the available information from his digital footprint." Rozman said in a Nov. 4 press release.

The last confirmed location of Santo’s phone is Beal Street. Authorities confirmed his battery drained down to 0%, according to the Bring Brendan Home Facebook page. It was not deliberately shut off. Santo has a dark-colored iPhone 11, with no screen protector.

[...]

MSU: Security camera not working on night teen went missing
He said the camera in front of Yakeley will be fixed and that he has "directed MSU Police and Public Safety to order and install more than 300 new cameras throughout our campus. Those cameras should be here in about a week and crews will begin installing them immediately."

Some security cameras at Michigan State University weren’t working when 18-year-old was last seen (clickondetroit.com)

Brendan Santo has been missing for 2 weeks

EAST LANSING, Mich. – Friday marks two weeks since Brendan Santo was last seen on the Michigan State University campus.

Michigan State University has officially said why there aren’t more clues about where Santo was headed that night. Some of the surveillance cameras on campus were not working at the time of his disappearance...

Some security cameras at Michigan State University weren’t working when 18-year-old was last seen (clickondetroit.com)

Brendan Santo has been missing for 2 weeks

EAST LANSING, Mich. – Friday marks two weeks since Brendan Santo was last seen on the Michigan State University campus.

Michigan State University has officially said why there aren’t more clues about where Santo was headed that night. Some of the surveillance cameras on campus were not working at the time of his disappearance...

I’m wondering if the weather knocked them out? Do they ever specify the reason their cameras weren’t working? Awfully big event happening that weekend for them to be down.

I don't know anything about Brendan's religious persuasion, but he wears a Celtic cross that can be seen in various photos in media reports and on the Bring Brendan Santo Home Facebook page. I didn't realize that there is a Saint Brendan who is the patron saint of navigators/sailors. I read several stories about Saint Brendan and have been saying his prayer daily while the search for the missing young man continues.

St. Brendan The Navigator - The History of Saint Brendan, Ireland (saint-brendan.org)

Prayer-of-St.-Brendan-the-Navigator-Irish-Patron-of-Sailors.png

Last edited:
I’m wondering if the weather knocked them out? Do they ever specify the reason their cameras weren’t working? Awfully big event happening that weekend for them to be down.

It took two weeks for MSU to admit that some campus surveillance cameras weren't operational the night that Brendan went missing, so we might have to wait a while before there's an explanation. JMO

It took two weeks for MSU to admit that some campus surveillance cameras weren't operational the night that Brendan went missing, so we might have to wait a while before there's an explanation. JMO
I think they admitted it a week or so ago, it's just there wasn't a MSM source we could point it to so we could add it in this forum.

I don't know anything about Brendan's religious persuasion, but he wears a Celtic cross that can be seen in various photos in media reports and on the Bring Brendan Santo Home Facebook page. I didn't realize that there is a Saint Brendan who is the patron saint of navigators/sailors. I read several stories about Saint Brendan and have been saying his prayer daily while the search for the missing young man continues.

St. Brendan The Navigator - The History of Saint Brendan, Ireland (saint-brendan.org)

Prayer-of-St.-Brendan-the-Navigator-Irish-Patron-of-Sailors.png

A wonderful prayer for everyone. Wonderful thoughts, solace, and endurance. My best HS friend and her (later-on) husband named their daughter Brendan -- they were big into sail-boating.

Thanks for sharing it with us, @BetteDavisEyes. :)

<modsnip - reference post removed>

I hope he is found - today. I hope this thread helps his case gain attention and resources so he is located as soon as possible!

That’s why I started this thread on WS (I am OP and while I do not know Brendan’s family personally, I know many who do)

Last edited by a moderator:
At around midnight, after a game, on a University campus, I can’t imagine there would be many cars around. It’s very late and most people are likely to be drunk.
The game was the next day, not the night Brendan went missing. Apparently there were a lot of people around that night.

NOV 13, 2021
Distress grows as MSU visitor remains missing 2 weeks later
People distressed over the disappearance of a college student who was visiting Michigan State University gathered Saturday to pray that the two-week mystery will be solved.

[...]

SA, a member of the school hockey team, sought help from St. Anthony of Padua, who in the Catholic faith is invoked when people or important things are lost.

SA also added some humor, noting that Santo was “the only guy in the locker room who consistently had the worst-smelling gear” when he was on the team. The crowd laughed.

Meanwhile, in East Lansing, Santo's disappearance was publicized on the scoreboard at Spartan Stadium and announced over the public address system.

[...]

Vigil for Brendan Santo held at Rochester Adams High School (clickondetroit.com)

ROCHESTER HILLS – It’s been two weeks since Brendan Santo disappeared on campus at Michigan State University.

“He’s a great kid, he’s the kid you want your own kid to be friends with,” said Amy King.

On Saturday, friends, teammates and loved ones prayed together at Brendan’s former high school, Rochester Adams...

IMO what's relevant is it was dark, rainy (slippery), he was lost, had no phone, and a river was there. This could be anyone. Please may they find him soon.
Absolutely, 'Birds. A person does not have to be inebriated for this to happen. I fell down a flight of stairs -- in my own home -- I do not drink alcohol -- one slip of my foot on polished, un-carpeted oak stairs and down I went -- in the blink of an eye. I could not stop. OMG, it hurt -- but I could breathe and stand up, if painfully.
If he did slide down into the cold water in the dark, it would happen in a second -- nothing to grab onto, just whoosh! Perhaps over his head, fully-clothed, tangled-up in branches, roots, or mud, etc. Possibly banged his head or elbow or knee. And the current. No one saw him, or heard him -- could he yell for help -- who knoze?

Although @hey-Debbie disagrees with the timeline, Either way this school needs to do better. Parents are spending $$$ on sending their kids to schools that they think are secure and safe. Knowing that camera's aren't working is concerning. IMO

Although @hey-Debbie disagrees with the timeline, Either way this school needs to do better. Parents are spending $$$ on sending their kids to schools that they think are secure and safe. Knowing that camera's aren't working is concerning. IMO
That's why MSU at first denied the cameras weren't working, they don't want parents to know and pull their kids out. Had they been working they'd be able to at least figure out where Brendan went. For all they know, Brendan headed in the wrong direction and is on the other side of the city somewhere. I keep holding out hope he'll be found alive, stranger things have happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back