GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, YES GGE, "the Hero" has Airport Community Schools listed as one of the schools he attended. I have a strong suspicion the fight vids are in that location too.

This is getting beyond the beyond....
Sketchy twin currently attends. No doubt the fights are close by. I just can't readily link the locations to a canal.

Do perps generally dump bodies in areas that are familiar to them?

I don't quite understand the question, so I will simply provide my rationale for not taking my eyes off this man in both Julia and Chelsea's case.
We know he has been arrested for allegedly possessing child *advertiser censored*. That case is pending. In addition, he is a POI in his stepdaughter's murder because allegedly he has not provided LE with satisfactory information as to his whereabouts leading up to, and on the night of her murder.
The Niswender and Bruck girls were/are friends. One of them was just in the others wedding recently. There is history there. It is natural to examine both cases for any linkage beyond the obvious.

My hypothesis is that both Julia and Chelsea were silenced for something they mutually had knowledge of, directly or unwittingly. Perhaps they themselves had been victims of a predator during childhood, unbeknownst to their mothers. I would suggest both mothers reflect on any recollections of major and inexplicable changes in behavior, sudden onset bedwetting beyond a reasonable age, etc. I'm sorry to say all this, because I'm sure it's horribly upsetting at many levels, but I think it should be considered, and hopefully dismissed quickly.

These are my thoughts at the moment. All speculation only. I am highly confident that LE is examining all of these possibilities closely.

Thank you rosesfromangels, for these thoughts. Forager has started mapping out Julia's thread and for now it's easier to just keep adding to the same map as he learns the cases and they're geographically and contextually linked. Please feel free to forward him spots you'd liked marked, as we go. Great to catch up with such rich local eyes on Chelsea.

~ * ~

Kilen

You all are in my continued thoughts and prayers.

Chelsea Bruck Realtime Coverage:
http://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...=n&siidp=7a8db13cc86e2d3ee1d923658df1c55c1f52

I don't quite understand the question, so I will simply provide my rationale for not taking my eyes off this man in both Julia and Chelsea's case.
We know he has been arrested for allegedly possessing child *advertiser censored*. That case is pending. In addition, he is a POI in his stepdaughter's murder because allegedly he has not provided LE with satisfactory information as to his whereabouts leading up to, and on the night of her murder.
The Niswender and Bruck girls were/are friends. One of them was just in the others wedding recently. There is history there. It is natural to examine both cases for any linkage beyond the obvious.

My hypothesis is that both Julia and Chelsea were silenced for something they mutually had knowledge of, directly or unwittingly. Perhaps they themselves had been victims of a predator during childhood, unbeknownst to their mothers. I would suggest both mothers reflect on any recollections of major and inexplicable changes in behavior, sudden onset bedwetting beyond a reasonable age, etc. I'm sorry to say all this, because I'm sure it's horribly upsetting at many levels, but I think it should be considered, and hopefully dismissed quickly.

These are my thoughts at the moment. All speculation only. I am highly confident that LE is examining all of these possibilities closely.

I agree with this, thank you for explaining it so well

Yes they do, there have been tons if studies on this. I will try to find one to link but normally they are found within a 10 mile radius of where they were last seen in a place the perp is familiar with. The location morgan Harrington was found is a good example of this

I think this is a myth that people have due to serial killers tending to dump bodies in areas within their comfort zone. Again it's a myth because not all serial killers operate this way. I'd even go a little further and suggest that only SK's we've identified tended to do this (but not all).

Source quote and document:
The comfort zone of a serial killer is often defined by an anchor point such as a place of residence or employment. Crime statistics reveal that serial killers are most likely to commit their first murder very close to their place of residence due to the comfort and familiarity it offers them. <snip> ... Serial killers sometimes return to commit murder in an area they know well from the past such as the community in which they were raised. Over time, serial murderers may extend their activities outside of their comfort zone but only after building their confidence by executing several successful murders while avoiding detection by law enforcement authorities.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/5-myths-about-serial-killers-and-why-they-persist-excerpt/

I just heard the news about the body. It seems likely that it's Chelsea - my heart breaks for her family. I'm very familiar with the area and Will Carleton road but from decades back. I took driver's ed at Airport High.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/monroe-county/female-body-found-in-monroe-county

Someone posted an article in AJ Hadsell's thread: it's about Jessica Ridgeway's case and discusses something called "awareness space." The concept may apply in Chelsea's case too.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

Yes they do, there have been tons if studies on this. I will try to find one to link but normally they are found within a 10 mile radius of where they were last seen in a place the perp is familiar with. The location morgan Harrington was found is a good example of this

If the remains are those of Chelsea Bruck, the discovery site was about 10 miles from the farmhouse where the Halloween party was held.

My hypothesis is that both Julia and Chelsea were silenced for something they mutually had knowledge of, directly or unwittingly. Perhaps they themselves had been victims of a predator during childhood, unbeknownst to their mothers.
Good point. How old was Julia when JT entered her life? If Julia and Chelsea were friends at age 13 and JT was around, it is possible that their pictures are part of his creepy child *advertiser censored* collection. Or maybe Julia told Chelsea about such a thing happening to just her and JT found out Chelsea knew? It all seems far-fetched, and otherwise makes no sense that he's linked to Chelsea's disappearance.

To get Chelsea that night, he would have to know where she was that night, or be friends with sketchy guy, or live near sketchy guy, or follow sketchy guy from the concert. I suppose if we can make any of those connections, there is something to research. Otherwise, I think it's a sad coincidence of the timing of their deaths.

Someone posted an article in AJ Hadsell's thread: it's about Jessica Ridgeway's case and discusses something called "awareness space." The concept may apply in Chelsea's case too.

A person&#8217;s, including a criminal&#8217;s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend&#8217;s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.
BBM to say BINGO!

And non-serial killers? First-timers?

I could not find any source that states a killer prefers to dump a body in a comfort zone area. It seems plausible, but again, I could find nothing to link to as a source of this information. I'm stating it *could be* a fallacy and I believe it is. I am not an expert by any means, it's just my opinion (as stated). Could someone please cite a source?

Good point. How old was Julia when JT entered her life? If Julia and Chelsea were friends at age 13 and JT was around, it is possible that their pictures are part of his creepy child *advertiser censored* collection. Or maybe Julia told Chelsea about such a thing happening to just her and JT found out Chelsea knew? It all seems far-fetched, and otherwise makes no sense that he's linked to Chelsea's disappearance.

To get Chelsea that night, he would have to know where she was that night, or be friends with sketchy guy, or live near sketchy guy, or follow sketchy guy from the concert. I suppose if we can make any of those connections, there is something to research. Otherwise, I think it's a sad coincidence of the timing of their deaths.

Julia and Jennifer's mother married Turnquist when the twins were 10.

I don't know that Chelsea was necessarily good friends with either of the Niswender twins. The close friendship seems to be between Kassandra (Bruck) Rinne and Jennifer Niswender who was her Maid of Honor in the January wedding. Chelsea is a few years younger than her sister, Kassie, and the Niswender sisters who I believe were classmates at Monroe High School.

I could not find any source that states a killer prefers to dump a body in a comfort zone area. It seems plausible, but again, I could find nothing to link to as a source of this information. I'm stating it *could be* a fallacy and I believe it is. I am not an expert by any means, it's just my opinion (as stated). Could someone please cite a source?
This posting may satisfy your question.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

Do Chelsea and Julia's murders seem like you serial kills or something else, if we learn that this body found, apparently placed there for months, discovered yesterday is Chelsea? By all apparent accounts in MSM, a property owner called it in, and it was discovered while machinery meant to move dirt was being check around 2 pm.

Hmm. A serial killer could be at large.

Here is a link to a book on criminology concerning "awareness space."
Criminology
By Larry Siege

I was searching the wrong term (comfort zone / space). Thank you for the article link.

This information about serial rapists say that they (in general) travel on average three miles away from this area to commit their crimes, because they want to avoid victims who could identify them. (paraphrasing). It states further than (in general) a younger rapist would strike closer to home. The book then continues about Child molesters / rapists who operate in a familiar setting to gain trust of children....

In response to the question about seeking this tangent based on the other case and the child *advertiser censored* tangent - yes, this is what caused me to look for this information. IF they are linked, it would be serial in nature wouldn't it? (multiple).

I don't think LE should take their eyes off HB and should start looking at sketchy twin. Where were these two boys on the night of 10/26?

We know where HB and a few of his friends were the night of the 25th, early hours of the 26th!!!

I am wondering if the "heavy" evidence bag could have been a rock or piece of cement perhaps? Could also be soil sample. It sounded to me like they were gathering anything that could remotely be evidence.

Hmm. A serial killer could be at large.
The kill styles and location found are so completely different. Don't SKs usually stick to a certain style simply perfect their method with each kill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX