MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the report last night, LE said they knew fairly quickly that Danielle was a victim of foul play. That combined with the reason she is missing is not the issue makes me believe they have some sort of proof she went with someone willingly and they have some reason to believe that things went south afterwards.

IIRC, LE didn't suggest immediately that they believed that Danielle had been a crime victim. The announcement came after the press conference. If LE knew fairly quickly that DS was a victim of foul play, I think SG's home in Berkley presented obvious evidence of a crime scene. I know that Mr. and Mrs. Stislicki remain optimistic about their daughter being found alive, but I am finding it more and more difficult with each passing day that this is the case. That said, I'm confident that LE is putting together a solid case and that an arrest is coming soon. Hopefully, the suspect/s will cooperate with LE and provide information regarding Danielle's whereabouts so she can be returned to her family. :moo:

Okay. Its been 2 months since going missing and 1 1/2 months since searching the sg home and doing light searches.

So if sg is guilty. Then why no arrest.

Or if Sg is innocent. Then what's next.

Because time is ticking.

Okay. Its been 2 months since going missing and 1 1/2 months since searching the sg home and doing light searches.

So if sg is guilty. Then why no arrest.

Or if Sg is innocent. Then what's next.

Because time is ticking.

If you watched the Channel 4 (WDIV) special report last night, LE is awaiting evidence analysis from Michigan State Police Crime Lab (in Lansing). There is a huge amount of evidence that requires careful processing. There's no time limit for when LE can make an arrest and file charges in this case. Accuracy is the key as LE wants to be sure they have their ducks in a row before taking the case to the Oakland County Prosecutor.

I'd much rather them take their time and triple check everything and nail the perp than rush it to appease the public.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'd much rather them take their time and triple check everything and nail the perp than rush it to appease the public.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Exactly, especially with no body (as of now) they for sure have to have everything in place.

I think it's easy for people to forget how long it can actually take to process evidence because it's so quick on tv.

Michigan has had backed up labs for years, to top that wait off.

Waiting is really hard, but that's what we have to do. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

I think it's easy for people to forget how long it can actually take to process evidence because it's so quick on tv.

Michigan has had backed up labs for years, to top that wait off.

Waiting is really hard, but that's what we have to do. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Average turn around for evidence processing is approximately 6-8 weeks. If evidence in DS case was sent to lab in Lansing six weeks ago, there should be results within the next week or two.

Are SG and FG the same person? I haven't been on this thread in a bit so I'm wondering if there was a revaltion or other news that I may have missed

Are SG and FG the same person? I haven't been on this thread in a bit so I'm wondering if there was a revaltion or other news that I may have missed

They are generally considered the same person, yes. We switched from FG (initials) to SG (security guard) since there was a possibility that although FG's wife owned the home, someone else could have been living there.

The article recently linked seems to put that possibility to rest. Since he's not been named an official POI, we cannot use his name (yet). I'll edit to include link.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...iscuss-monthslong-search-for-missing-daughter

"A home in the 2900 block of Oxford Road in Berkley has been searched, and police found a mattress and other evidence. The person who lived there was a former security guard at the office where Danielle Stislicki worked."

If Danielle was a victim, I hope they get positive test results. It sounds like a waiting game.

Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes Living in Oakland County, I will consider attending trial if or when there's an arrest and charges filed in this case.

Oh,,,I live a bit West of you but would consider a day or two to join you :)

Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes Living in Oakland County, I will consider attending trial if or when there's an arrest and charges filed in this case.

Oh,,,I live a bit West of you but would consider a day or two to join you :)

Me three. I live in Macomb County. I have vacation time saved up

I understand the processing of evidence taking time, but I'm also wondering if the lack of cooperation on the SG's part could also be delaying the investigation. What if he has absconded? If he's not talking, he likely hasn't offered a DNA sample (without a warrant). I did read that MI requires all felony arrestees to submit to DNA, but I'm not aware of the SG having any prior felony arrests where it would be on file. I'm also not aware of how much probable cause is required to even obtain the warrant for DNA. Items could've been taken from the home, but if DNA was found from multiple persons, the task of identifying each seems overwhelming. JMO

I understand the processing of evidence taking time, but I'm also wondering if the lack of cooperation on the SG's part could also be delaying the investigation. What if he has absconded? If he's not talking, he likely hasn't offered a DNA sample (without a warrant). I did read that MI requires all felony arrestees to submit to DNA, but I'm not aware of the SG having any prior felony arrests where it would be on file. I'm also not aware of how much probable cause is required to even obtain the warrant for DNA. Items could've been taken from the home, but if DNA was found from multiple persons, the task of identifying each seems overwhelming. JMO
LE could always follow him and get DNA from a cigarette or food he discarded. Possible?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I'm assuming that they took samples from the home which had hair etc on it and DNA can be obtained from those folicles

They got DNA back on the little girl murdered last week in Detroit.
So why would this take so long?

They got DNA back on the little girl murdered last week in Detroit.
So why would this take so long?

"We've overwhelmed them with the amount of evidence that we've collected," Nebus said. "Part of the investigation right now is dependent on a lot of the lab results coming back in."

"We've overwhelmed them with the amount of evidence that we've collected," Nebus said. "Part of the investigation right now is dependent on a lot of the lab results coming back in."
Soon. FG will get what's coming to him. I feel it in my bones.

Soon. FG will get what's coming to him. I feel it in my bones.
If Dani is no longer with us, the SG will not be walking the streets much longer, but even a sentence of life in prison will be a cold comfort. I'm still holding on to hope for any scenario in which Dani is still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE