MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the "someone" and said this based on the fact that I've lived in Michigan my entire life (I'm 67) and in Oakland County for 43 years. As a fervent follower of local media, including many missing persons and/or criminal cases, the average turnaround time for evidence sent to MSP labs in Lansing is approximately 6-8 weeks. Of course, some evidence analysis can take place quickly, but in complicated cases with an abundance of forensic evidence to be analyzed, processing can take much longer.

Presumably, the latter is possible with the (according to LE) overwhelming amount of evidence that has reportedly been collected in the case of missing Danielle Stislicki. At this point in the investigation, we don't know what evidence has been evaluated and/or what the results have been. If Danielle and the SG were "acquainted", it's entirely possible that she had visited his home previously. Her DNA being found there doesn't necessarily mean that a crime took place at the home in Berkley, nor does it mean that the SG was the perp. :moo:

Correct. In Michigan it is 6-8 weeks for full analysis. Prelim reports are given however these would never be made public. The items taken for testing are complex. DNA on a mattress is like throwing handfuls of sand on it and asking to find the 100 grains that are pacific coast not Atlantic coast sand. You grab one grain of Atlantic coastal sand in your sample and it could be thrown out... patience and breathe. I have confidence in the LE to make this arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep going back to this. There had to be some planning involved in the SG being at MetLife. Where was his vehicle? If it was there, did he follow her in it or was he in her vehicle? Why wouldn't they have gone back to her apartment (for any who believe they were involved, I personally do not). I just can't see a scenario where he randomly happened to be there and her disappearance hours later was not related. JMO

I think the SG's goal that night was to have Danielle be at his residence. I also believe it was important to him that whatever he was going to do to her -personally, I think he long harbored some sick fantasy that involved her-, it happened that night, so yes, I think he made plans accordingly.

If the SG and Danielle had been romantically involved, it doesn't make much sense to me that he would drive to MetLife, only to leave with her in her car; why not have her meet him at his house?

It is possible, however, that earlier in the day he did ask her to come over after work, and she declined since she already had plans with her friend. Angry -I don't think he is someone who deals with rejection very well-, he could have showed up at MetLife to confront and abduct her, whatever it took. I think he was determined to get his way -to get her to his place- that night.

If he had been stalking her, it would have been next to impossible for him to get her to come over willingly, so then even with the added step of having to retrieving his own vehicle afterwards, it makes sense to me that he would have confronted her in the MetLife parking lot.

Sorry for the rambling. Having written all of this down, even if Danielle drove to the Berkley property herself, I really don't think they were more than casual acquaintances.

I think the SG's goal that night was to have Danielle be at his residence. I also believe it was important to him that whatever he was going to do to her -personally, I think he long harbored some sick fantasy that involved her-, it happened that night, so yes, I think he made plans accordingly.

If the SG and Danielle had been romantically involved, it doesn't make much sense to me that he would drive to MetLife, only to leave with her in her car; why not have her meet him at his house?

It is possible, however, that earlier in the day he did ask her to come over after work, and she declined since she already had plans with her friend. Angry -I don't think he is someone who deals with rejection very well-, he could have showed up at MetLife to confront and abduct her, whatever it took. I think he was determined to get his way -to get her to his place- that night.

If he had been stalking her, it would have been next to impossible for him to get her to come over willingly, so then even with the added step of having to retrieving his own vehicle afterwards, it makes sense to me that he would have confronted her in the MetLife parking lot.

Sorry for the rambling. Having written all of this down, even if Danielle drove to the Berkley property herself, I really don't think they were more than casual acquaintances.

BBM

I would agree. I'm suspecting that the admittance of SG's wife to the hospital frustrated him to the point where he had to take his anger out on someone. I'm thinking Dani was the unfortunate target.

I'm also wondering if SG was let go from his position because he made passes at other women. Someone other than Dani may have complained about unwelcome advances as well, compounding his frustrations.

JMHO.

BBM

I would agree. I'm suspecting that the admittance of SG's wife to the hospital frustrated him to the point where he had to take his anger out on someone. I'm thinking Dani was the unfortunate target.

I'm also wondering if SG was let go from his position because he made passes at other women. Someone other than Dani may have complained about unwelcome advances as well, compounding his frustrations.

JMHO.
Not sure how much truth to this but, the security guard company that ML has they change up guards every few months or they send ones to different sites that need extra help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

It seems likely to me that there was an affair between DS and the SG. It just makes sense based on the evidence I've seen so far.
-DS leaving early but vague reasons
-The fact that authorities almost immediately knew exactly where to look (they were in Berkley like one day after she went missing)

Based on the keychain that is missing- maybe SG had items for sale that DS wanted to purchase ( maybe for a friend) and then something went south from there. Who knows?! We could speculate until our fingers are blue from typing but we may never know the truth. All we are left with is the facts. The fact remains that DS is missing and that SG's home was searched.

It seems likely to me that there was an affair between DS and the SG. It just makes sense based on the evidence I've seen so far.
-DS leaving early but vague reasons
-The fact that authorities almost immediately knew exactly where to look (they were in Berkley like one day after she went missing)

It's possible that LE zoned in so quickly on the SG because they were able to get video evidence of Danielle and him together after she left MetLife and/or tips from neighbors seeing the two at the Berkeley house on the day she went missing.

Based on the timeline in the article, the investigators would've traveled to Detroit about a week after SP was abducted (a couple of weeks before she was released on Thanksgiving Day). DS was then abducted the following week. If the trafficking theory is discounted, it still leaves open the possibility of a copycat crime for ransom. We don't know if one was paid with SP, but the week prior to her release, a woman was abducted and killed in Washington after a ransom was paid (Sandra Harris). I don't give any of these perps credit for being the brightest crayon in the box. Though no ransom has ever been discussed with DS, is it a possibility? Could the SG have just been a middle man?
Just hearing the words "middle man" just hits me as a possibility I have thought of as well. I could agree with that theory.

Respectfully SBM.

At this point, I just can't think of any scenario in which the SG is not involved. Further, while he might have had help in concealing his crime, I believe very strongly that he is the ultimate reason for Danielle's disappearance. I felt the same exact way about Robert Fabian in the Zuzu Verk case within a few days of her disappearance, and I am very pleased to see that he has finally been arrested, though I also feel very sad for her family for her remains have likely been found.

I, too, wonder how Danielle ended up in the company of the SG (if that is actually the case as this has not been confirmed) that Friday. All LE has said is that he and Danielle were acquaintances; to what degree, as you pointed out, they have not said, and it's something I keep going back and forth on.

If they were well-acquainted -say, they had exchanged each other's numbers for whatever reason-, and had mutually agreed to meet as Danielle left the office, why on earth would the SG agree to show up in the parking lot of her work, yet not drive away in his own vehicle? Sure, anything is possible (e.g., he could have taken a bus, Uber, gotten a ride from a friend, etc. ... none of which is likely, IMO), but if they were regular, ordinary friends, wouldn't it make more sense for them to have met at her apartment or his house?

To me, it makes more sense that the SG would have forced his way into Danielle's Jeep if he was indeed already inside the vehicle as it left MetLife (to the best of my knowledge, LE has not confirmed whether there was someone other than Danielle in the Jeep when she left work; what has been reported is "The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said authorities found Stislicki's black 2015 Jeep Renegade parked in front of her apartment on Dec. 3 but do not believe she drove it there"* -BBM-). He could have been stalking her and wanted to take things one step further (in his mind anyway), in which case he might have chosen the parking lot of her work to confront her over her apartment because he knew she didn't always come home at the same time whereas her work schedule was a little more consistent. Another possibility is that the SG and Danielle were in a relationship that went beyond a simple friendship -I have seen no evidence to support this assumption, and even if this was the case, I don't know either one of them personally and therefore will not judge; more importantly, regardless of what was going on in her life, one thing is for certain: Danielle did not deserve to be disappeared-, things went sour and he confronted her in the MetLife parking lot. In either scenario, I think the SG would have been able to get Danielle to comply with a gun.

Yet another possibility is that Danielle drove to the Berkley house willingly - for whatever reason (though not confirmed, I do believe that she was there due to the number and types of items taken from the property). There are a couple of things that support this scenario in my mind, one being that it appears LE had the SG on their radar within days -if not hours- of Danielle going missing, and two, perhaps her friend wasn't immediately alarmed because Danielle had told her she was going over there to see the SG before coming over to her house.

Now if only there were clues as to where Danielle could be found ... right now, I don't even know where to begin :(.

*The quote above is found here: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/0...-home-in-hunt-for-missing-michigan-woman.html

Danielle's mother has said in a mainstream media interview that Danielle was seen driving her car at Telegraph and 10 Mile about 5PM that Friday. No mention of someone with her. Previous to that interview, they were asking for people to call LE if she was seen, was anyone else in the car, her demeanor and so on. Nothing the mother said indicated anyone was with her. I'm wondering why so many think the SG was at MetLife Dec 2. Was there a report of him actually seen there? And no mention of anyone in the car with her at Telegraph/ 10Mile.
I'm left wondering how in the world and where this abduction happened.

How long does it take in Michigan?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think it's usually dependent upon how badly the crime lab is backlogged. If the lab doesn't have an overwhelming amount of DNA to test, I think 6-8 weeks is a rough estimate. If they are overwhelmed, it might be several months. In certain cases that are deemed high priority, they typically move it ahead of the others. I don't know who determines if the testing needs to be expedited, but I can only assume that a missing person would warrant such a scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that in the this case, the whole stalker/suprise/forced abduction angle is just really far fetched. Its confirmed at a minimum that they knew each other. Its also confirmed that DS left work early that day. Its been more or less stated that she was seen leaving work in a somewhat "normal" way. By that I mean that it sounds like she likely left work and was not visibly fighting for her life, and unconscious--I feel that is generally commuted by the mother and MSM.
Also lets not forget the friends actions, and how long it took to report DS missing. I think that Jives with knowing DS may have had plans with a "friend", and thinking that missing their date night, while possibly annoying, wasn't shocking enough to warrant a police call. 24 hours later, different story. We also have to remember one more thing. If something violent really occurred at the Berkley house...like blood being found or something...I think that would have been grounds for an immediate arrest. What they likely have is materials they are testing with no firm way to know whether the tests will yield fruitful evidence--that in and of itself was not, and is not enough for an arrest unless something changes.

One thing I'm curious about is that authorities stated that they've gathered evidence at MULTIPLE locations, not just one. Is it possible that another house or location was searched, and that we only know about Berkley due to the high media coverage? For example, lets say hypothetically that sketchy apartment in a bad part of Detroit was vigorously searched...that would not exactly alarm the neighbors or make the news, especially if people just assumed it was a drug bust or something. My guess is they tried to keep the Berkley search kind of quiet if possible but the nosy Berkley community kind of killed that option. Remember the case where some guy killed a teenage girl in Armada, MI? I was pretty sure they arrested the guy for some totally unrelated drug related crime, something not even that important but they used it as a way to get him into custody because they liked him as a perp for this case (and the guy ended up getting convicted).
Anyways, I'm just curious if anyone has a feeling that other searches or even stronger leads are out there that they've been able to successfully keep under wraps. That would explain the high level of trust and comfort level that has been exhibited by the family--and it certainly makes sense that the family would follow orders to keep what they learned under wraps to protect the investigation.

One thing I'm curious about is that authorities stated that they've gathered evidence at MULTIPLE locations, not just one. Is it possible that another house or location was searched, and that we only know about Berkley due to the high media coverage? For example, lets say hypothetically that sketchy apartment in a bad part of Detroit was vigorously searched...that would not exactly alarm the neighbors or make the news, especially if people just assumed it was a drug bust or something. My guess is they tried to keep the Berkley search kind of quiet if possible but the nosy Berkley community kind of killed that option. Remember the case where some guy killed a teenage girl in Armada, MI? I was pretty sure they arrested the guy for some totally unrelated drug related crime, something not even that important but they used it as a way to get him into custody because they liked him as a perp for this case (and the guy ended up getting convicted).
Anyways, I'm just curious if anyone has a feeling that other searches or even stronger leads are out there that they've been able to successfully keep under wraps. That would explain the high level of trust and comfort level that has been exhibited by the family--and it certainly makes sense that the family would follow orders to keep what they learned under wraps to protect the investigation.

Speaking of unrelated charges reminds me of house raided on Mortenson which crosses Oxford. The school teacher/ child *advertiser censored* bust. FBI warrant is on line. He was found out on line in July. I always have wondered if LE moved on that case, so close to Danielle's disappearance, on Dec 8 to see if they could shake some things up in that area of Berkley if they already had their eye on the SG.

I think that in the this case, the whole stalker/suprise/forced abduction angle is just really far fetched. Its confirmed at a minimum that they knew each other. Its also confirmed that DS left work early that day. Its been more or less stated that she was seen leaving work in a somewhat "normal" way. By that I mean that it sounds like she likely left work and was not visibly fighting for her life, and unconscious--I feel that is generally commuted by the mother and MSM.

Also lets not forget the friends actions, and how long it took to report DS missing. I think that Jives with knowing DS may have had plans with a "friend", and thinking that missing their date night, while possibly annoying, wasn't shocking enough to warrant a police call. 24 hours later, different story. We also have to remember one more thing. If something violent really occurred at the Berkley house...like blood being found or something...I think that would have been grounds for an immediate arrest. What they likely have is materials they are testing with no firm way to know whether the tests will yield fruitful evidence--that in and of itself was not, and is not enough for an arrest unless something changes.

I like your approach. Common sense and remembering the facts as given to us.

NVM... figured it out. 😊

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Though the mills of God grind slowly; Yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience He stands waiting, With exactness grinds He all."

BetteDavisEyes, you always say the right thing at the right moment!

It will likely take a bit of time to go over all of the results of the DNA for the law enforcement to put everything together.

I agree it won't be long. I am so glad that the l.e. is building their case so that it is strong and effective for an arrest.

Looks like cases are starting to inch along. Another case with an arrest....vetrano now can move towards a trial...all good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895