MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a link to the "Defenders" piece at 6:00 that dug into Floyd's background?
It was mentioned at the end of the 5:00 newscast.

I don't really know personally, but I found this....
https://www.justice.gov/archives/ag/advancing-justice-through-dna-technology-using-dna-solve-crimes

In cases where a suspect has not yet been identified, biological evidence from the crime scene can be analyzed and compared to offender profiles in DNA databases to help identify the perpetrator. Crime scene evidence can also be linked to other crime scenes through the use of DNA databases.

So my assumption is that since search warrants were issued for his home and stuff, that could be viewed as the "crime scene" since we really don't know what it is that they saw in there or found. The DNA from the jogging assault was in the system already and then it produced a hit? Even though he wasn't charged for that or named a POI, they have evidence a crime was committed within his home. I think for this case they are waiting for her/her body so they can charge him "fully" for what he did.

But then what I don't understand is...today on the news they said Allen Park Police are going to send in the DNA from a sexual assault that happened there this month, to see if it is a match. Why wouldn't it already be there or would it have to be retested or something else? Maybe it was just the way they stated it on the news, since it doesn't say that in the article. But that didn't make sense to me, if the DNA taken from the jogger incident is what the connection was to Dani.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...between-livonia-sexual-assault-case-their-own

RBBM

Verification. Making sure all potential evidence is solid.

I tend to be obsessively detailed; I've gone over and over work that I've done many times, just to ensure I had all my ducks in a row.

Just MVHO.

Livonia usually sends their prisoners to a county on the west side of the state via van transportation. They previously sent them to Wayne County but due to overcrowding those arrested were released. This has been the in effect the last few years. Possibly Calhoun County? I knew it at one time, not sure now.

:welcome:

But then what I don't understand is...today on the news they said Allen Park Police are going to send in the DNA from a sexual assault that happened there this month, to see if it is a match. Why wouldn't it already be there or would it have to be retested or something else? Maybe it was just the way they stated it on the news, since it doesn't say that in the article. But that didn't make sense to me, if the DNA taken from the jogger incident is what the connection was to Dani.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...between-livonia-sexual-assault-case-their-own

Snipped for focus

The Allen Park attack was just a couple weeks ago. LE is probably still waiting for the DNA profile to come back from the lab. So perhaps they meant when they get the profile back they will submit for comparison. Or maybe since they have someone specific to compare it to they can arrange to just have a comparison done between their sample and FG, so it can be fast tracked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Snipped for focus

The Allen Park attack was just a couple weeks ago. LE is probably still waiting for the DNA profile to come back from the lab. So perhaps they meant when they get the profile back they will submit for comparison. Or maybe since they have someone specific to compare it to they can arrange to just have a comparison done between their sample and FG, so it can be fast tracked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It would blow my mind if he committed a rape while under so much scrutiny. I'm not saying it's unlikely, but wow. Forced into the back of a car, and then raped. Does anyone know which story has a description of the attempted rape that he's been arrested for? Did he try to pull that woman into a car?

I don't really know personally, but I found this....
https://www.justice.gov/archives/ag/advancing-justice-through-dna-technology-using-dna-solve-crimes

In cases where a suspect has not yet been identified, biological evidence from the crime scene can be analyzed and compared to offender profiles in DNA databases to help identify the perpetrator. Crime scene evidence can also be linked to other crime scenes through the use of DNA databases.

So my assumption is that since search warrants were issued for his home and stuff, that could be viewed as the "crime scene" since we really don't know what it is that they saw in there or found. The DNA from the jogging assault was in the system already and then it produced a hit? Even though he wasn't charged for that or named a POI, they have evidence a crime was committed within his home. I think for this case they are waiting for her/her body so they can charge him "fully" for what he did.

Hmmm.....but Galloway's DNA should not have been in the database. He hasn't been charged as an offender in Dani's case. So how can they legally compare whatever evidence they had from
the assault in Livonia (which was a crime scene) to a person who has not yet been classified as an offender. I see what you're saying about the Oxford house being a crime scene but they were only searching there. Did they ever classify it as a crime scene? They had probable cause to search there
(and police obviously thought something happened there) but they never said positively it was a crime scene or they would have arrested and charged him. So how can they use Galloway's DNA when the house would obviously have his DNA all over it? I would think a good attorney could argue that police went on a fishing expedition and Galloway's DNA should never have been put in the database. Did Galloway's DNA, taken from his home, connect him to Dani's disappearance? If so, they would have arrested and charged him and then his DNA could go in the database.
I'm not trying to be argumentative
but this bugs me. I'd hate to see the Livonia case go by the wayside if his DNA was used illegally. Does this make sense?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Hmmm.....but Galloway's DNA should not have been in the database. He hasn't been charged as an offender in Dani's case. So how can they legally compare whatever evidence they had from
the assault in Livonia (which was a crime scene) to a person who has not yet been classified as an offender. I see what you're saying about the Oxford house being a crime scene but they were only searching there. Did they ever classify it as a crime scene? They had probable cause to search there
(and police obviously thought something happened there) but they never said positively it was a crime scene or they would have arrested and charged him. So how can they use Galloway's DNA when the house would obviously have his DNA all over it? I would think a good attorney could argue that police went on a fishing expedition and Galloway's DNA should never have been put in the database. Did Galloway's DNA, taken from his home, connect him to Dani's disappearance? If so, they would have arrested and charged him and then his DNA could go in the database.
I'm not trying to be argumentative
but this bugs me. I'd hate to see the Livonia case go by the wayside if his DNA was used illegally. Does this make sense?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yep, I understand what you're saying. I had a hard time trying to reply because I know I wasn't really answering your question, but I thought I was and wanted to. What I could find didn't really explain it fully without them being charged, as you have said. Since they aren't releasing "what evidence" connected him, I'm guessing there is way more than DNA...but again, why not arrest him, except there is no body? I don't know. I'm going in circles and so is my mind because I really have no idea but I'm trying to make sense of it. It is driving me nuts!

It would blow my mind if he committed a rape while under so much scrutiny. I'm not saying it's unlikely, but wow. Forced into the back of a car, and then raped. Does anyone know which story has a description of the attempted rape that he's been arrested for? Did he try to pull that woman into a car?

He was arrested for attempted rape and kidnapping of a jogger from last September. He tried dragging her into the woods and towards the Rouge River.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...al-assault-of-28-year-old-woman-at-hines-park

My thinking cap is spinning round and round on my head, regarding the DNA. IF Hines Park incident arrest was made possible by DNA comparison to FG's known DNA (which is what I *kinda* undestood from the program last night) how was his DNA in the database to begin with?
Even if they did gather DNA during the searches in regards to the Dani case, there would have already had to be FG's DNA in the database to match it to to 'label' it FG's.
So either...
1. Floyd gave them a DNA sample in cooperation with the Dani investigation (hahaha, pretty sure THAT didn't happen.)
2. At some time in the past he had submitted it for some unknown reason. Not likely, but possible.
3. Were they able to get it from an ancestry-type DNA profile? I have no idea if they would even do that, or if they could do that, or if a warrant would even be issued on such a thing.
4. They followed FG around and grabbed a discarded cigarette butt, pop bottle, etc. I have seen them do this in several other cases when a person being investigated refused to give a DNA sample but there wasn't enough to order to submit to one. Crafty cop work. Crimes have been solved by this method.

We need a layer in here, stat, to help us on this.

My thinking cap is spinning round and round on my head, regarding the DNA. IF Hines Park incident arrest was made possible by DNA comparison to FG's known DNA (which is what I *kinda* undestood from the program last night) how was his DNA in the database to begin with?
Even if they did gather DNA during the searches in regards to the Dani case, there would have already had to be FG's DNA in the database to match it to to 'label' it FG's.
So either...
1. Floyd gave them a DNA sample in cooperation with the Dani investigation (hahaha, pretty sure THAT didn't happen.)
2. At some time in the past he had submitted it for some unknown reason. Not likely, but possible.
3. Were they able to get it from an ancestry-type DNA profile? I have no idea if they would even do that, or if they could do that, or if a warrant would even be issued on such a thing.
4. They followed FG around and grabbed a discarded cigarette butt, pop bottle, etc. I have seen them do this in several other cases when a person being investigated refused to give a DNA sample but there wasn't enough to order to submit to one. Crafty cop work. Crimes have been solved by this method.

We need a layer in here, stat, to help us on this.

I would assume in the 60+ search warrants issued, one of them would've specified a sample of his DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so saddening and maddening (if those are even words at all!)

But what strikes me the most is he had no prior arrests that would even send a red flag before Danielle!

That is what is so disturbing about true evil....sometimes it is never seen! The person has no history therefore they are not under tight scrutiny (even by us!!).. I absolutely believe an SK does not have to have a "checkered past"....he can appear squeaky clean (a security guard of all things) and be a very evil person with ill intent that no one saw coming!!

So very sad for this case and maybe more in his past. He better not post cash bond...he better be treated as a flight risk for sure!!

My mad opinion only!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member