MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another possibility is DS had every intention to stay the night with her friend. But others had nefarious plans for DS.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's weird though. She's 28. If she wanted to sleep with a dude, she can just sleep with him. No need to ask for mom's permission.

If she had some elaborate plan for lying, I doubt it was something as simple as "sleeping with a dude". I'm thinking of something her parents had said they would disown her for or something that Danielle thought would seriously damage their relationship. I agree about her being 28 and it not really making sense, but spending the night at a friend's house at 28 is not very common either-- unless she planned to drink heavily and didn't want to drive home or the friend lived really far away from her place. But her friend having to go to work that same night seems to contradict the very reasons a 28 year old would have a sleepover. Danielle had a cat at home she would want to check on if her friend was leaving to go to work. I can't understand her planning to stay overnight with what we know. There must be some info missing. :thinking:

But still, unless something bad were to happen, it's not likely the parents would disown her. They live an hour away. Unless they're constantly checking in on her place, how would they know?

But still, unless something bad were to happen, it's not likely the parents would disown her. They live an hour away. Unless they're constantly checking in on her place, how would they know?

No idea. Just throwing out ideas because the whole sleepover story doesn't make sense. :dunno:

Just to throw out an idea about sleepover. I can see myself doing that when I was younger. Going to my best friend's house...making dinner, hanging out, laughing, carefree, not having to go home alone (living alone can be lonely); cats take care of themselves for a night; and doing what we need to do the next day (like her work training mid-morning). It's like college days..never alone unless you have to be or want to be.

I think it's very reasonable that she stay over even if her friend had to work. I did that many times in my late 20's, with cats. I made sure they were set with full bowls of food, a few bowls of fresh water, and fresh litter box and I was golden to stay at a friend's house all night.

Hey! Just checking in... wow... this thread blows up in such a short space of time. Lol.

No idea. Just throwing out ideas because the whole sleepover story doesn't make sense. :dunno:

No your quite right, with what we know so far, it definitely does not make sense.

I was talking to a friend about this and it just does not fit as it should. I am not convinced that she was going to her friends that night. IMO. But then again, if more information is provided I am happy to change my opinion but as it stands now, it's odd.

I don't think sleeping over at a friends house is unusual at all at that age. My 20-something daughter and her friends do it all the time. They are always crashing on each others couches, especially if they've had a few drinks. Since D needed her car in the morning, it makes sense that she didn't want to Uber it home and have to get her car the next day.

I don't think sleeping over at a friends house is unusual at all at that age. My 20-something daughter and her friends do it all the time. They are always crashing on each others couches, especially if they've had a few drinks. Since D needed her car in the morning, it makes sense that she didn't want to Uber it home and have to get her car the next day.

It's not the staying over that strikes me as strange its the situation is was done in that seems a bit off. Dani was working the next day and I thought I read someone up thread say the friend was working a night shift. Or did I imagine that? Sorry if I did. It just doesn't seem as smooth as it should do for a simple sleep over.

There is or was a picture of a text conversation between the friend and DS. It went something like friend saying she missed her, DS said something back, friend said come stay with me this weekend, DS said she could come fri and sat, but had things to do sun.

It is not unusual for girls this age to hang out and have sleepovers, my girls still do it.

The friend said she slept all day Sat until 4pm because she had to work Sat night, no mention of working fri night.

Is anyone else bothered by the sleepover?

I'm trying to figure out why someone who has to be at work early the next day would need to sleepover at a friends home.

The first thing that came to mind was maybe they were planning on drinking, but if the friend had to work that night and DS had to work early the next morning, it seems there wouldn't be any drinking going on or at least not enough that DS couldn't drive home.

Is it possible DS knew someone was going to stop by Friday night and wanted to avoid them, but didn't want to upset/anger them by telling them no directly? Easier to just not be at home when they stop by?

Nope, not at all. Close girlfriends that don't see each other much? Absolutely! I do it with my friends in those instances.

I was under the assumption that the friend had to work the midnight shift on Saturday night.
Friday night, she assumed DS went home and fell asleep, while she may have stayed up because that's her 'normal schedule'. Then she slept late into Saturday because she had to work Saturday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough if she was working the friday night. There is still something eerie about the wait between DS not showing up and the friend getting worried (only based on what I have heard about DS being so reliable.) I'm not saying it is eerie as in that's not what happened just a strange reaction. (I wouldn't leave it that long if it was my friend.)

But we don't know DS or how reliable she is or even her history with this friend to know if it's unusual

But we don't know DS or how reliable she is or even her history with this friend to know if it's unusual

Of course we don't, we don't know Dani. But her own Mother says she would not have missed that dinner. That doesn't strike me as an unreliable person.

I'm sure that's true but the friend who she was meeting obviously felt differently. I don't think mothers of grown children are always aware of how their kids really are in interactions with friends. If this was completely and utterly out of character for her I'm sure the friend would have have acted accordingly if so.

I've been looking at traffic cams, those along 696 at least. They're not zoomed in, nor are they high resolution.

No they are not. They show a broad shot on our news. Not sure if they (police, other agencies are able to zoom in)

I'm assuming they have DS car on camera surveillance leaving the MetLife parking lot. I wonder if they had cameras in the lot, and could see if anyone had climbed into the back of her car while it was parked out there all day.

I wonder if she told any of her coworkers about her weekend plans. We all make friends at the workplace, so surely she said goodbye to at least one person.

Does anyone know if in fact there was a training meeting at her work that morning?

Danielle's mom mentioned it at the press conference. From the HuffPost article that was published yesterday afternoon: "The following morning, Stislicki failed to show up for the start of her 8 a.m. shift at MetLife." (BBM)

I do think it's more likely than not that Danielle was scheduled to work (I believe her dad said at the press conference she was going to be leading a training session) that morning.

Even if Danielle was planning on doing something she didn't want anyone/certain people to know about -for whatever reason- that Friday, this would have been too verifiable to be an effective "cover." should anyone have become suspicious at any point, especially with her mom also working for MetLife (While I am still unsure as to whether Danielle and her mom worked out of the same office, I did find this: "The 28-year-old has worked there for nearly a decade, according to her mother Ann. Ann herself has worked at MetLife for more than 25 years, but wasn't in the office that Friday." -BBM- This at least gives me the impression that they did).

As far as no one from work contacting her family (or whoever her emergency contact person was), I do not find it terribly unusual. It could have been one of those workshop-type meetings where different people from different departments go, where none of them knew Danielle very well (I understand their Southfield office to be quite large), and they really didn't think much of the fact that the instructor didn't show up (it was at 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning, too, so perhaps not many people had signed up for it also). Or maybe there was another trainer that Danielle was going to be working with, and the second person went ahead and taught the class alone. In the case of the latter, the person probably would have been somewhat concerned, perhaps s/he even tried calling and/or texting Danielle, but when s/he couldn't get through, I don't think this the person would have pursued it any further; it was a Saturday morning after all. Had this happened on a regular work day, be it her supervisor or close colleague, someone would have reached out to her emergency contact person, I would think.

Regardless of what Danielle was planning on doing Friday after work or perhaps even overnight, I believe she fully planned on being at work Saturday morning. It's just that she couldn't because something unexpected happened ... :(.

Sources: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/danielle-stislicki-disappearance_us_58502bc9e4b04c8e2bb207d1?
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...y-pleads-answers-danielle-stislicki-s-n695011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member