MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SONIC: South Oakland Narcotics Intelligence Consortium

A-ha! Thank you.

Are they typically brought in on missing persons cases?
Could she have been a dealer? An informant?

I noticed during the presser with Danielle's mom, she looked very uncomfortable when narcotics were mentioned.

Burgundy boots, black zip up top, blue jeans and teal Eddie Bauer jacket with liner removed

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...y-pleads-answers-danielle-stislicki-s-n695011

The Eddie Bauer jacket picture on finddanielle has it as sky blue. It's the one with a picture of jacket, phone and key chain. The picture however is a royal blue if you ask me.

Not sure if the picture is an exact match to her coat but that's not sky blue. Would like to see a picture of her boots up there to. Even if they don't have one with her wearing them easy to find one on the internet that matches.

A-ha! Thank you.

Are they typically brought in on missing persons cases?
Could she have been a dealer? An informant?

I noticed during the presser with Danielle's mom, she looked very uncomfortable when narcotics were mentioned.

When April Millsap was murdered in Armada they brought in other agencies. One reason in that case was the suspect had past issues with illegally growing. They used that issue to first lock him up.

They along with other agencies were mentioned, but we really have no idea in this case to the involvement they have in case.

<modsnip>

On another note, does anyone think LE reads us here and wishes we would shut the frig up about certain things? Just my foggy brain working overtime on too many cases this week....

In addition to Presidential detail, they also investigate forgery, counterfeiting, theft / embezzlement, large scale financial crimes, racketeering, electronic crimes.

Hmmm. Electronic crimes? Stolen identity, maybe?

And what is the SONIC task force I've seen mentioned here? The only Sonic I'm familiar with is the one down the road selling expensive hot dogs.
[FONT=&quot]
SONIC group (South Oakland Narcotics Intelligence Consortium)[/FONT]

If this is the US Secret Service they have come into missing person's cases in the past, but not the special agents. Rather it has been their technology group. I know I've read where their techs have tried to enhance surveillance videos.
Yes, and I believe they were used in the Leanne Bearden case.

Kind of off topic, but interesting...

Northern Michigan University (my alma mater) located on the shores of Lake Superior has secured an outdoor research station and will be "constructing the only cold weather facility in the world. They are hoping to make a scientific breakthrough on what the freeze/thaw cycle does to human remains."

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Body-farm-coming-to-Northern-Michigan-University-405673255.html

Is it morbid I'm so into this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's say one were to search when the snow melts.

Given that it's been cold AF the past three weeks, how would the body hold up?

Hopefully we don't find a body, but anything else besides phone and keychain we should search for?

I'm sure you know this already but it's important enough to mention. If you do happen to stumble on the keys, phone, or anything you think may be evidence DO NOT touch it. Call the FHPD and don't leave until someone comes out to investigate. I would also restrict the amount of movement in the area something was found, because you never know what else could be close by and you don't want to be muddling a crime scene/evidence field.

Sometimes LE discourages independent searches because the average Joe has no idea how to conduct them, handle finding evidence or how to prepare themselves for what ever else they could stumble upon. Luuuckily we at WS aren't average joes and have hopefully provided you with a few tips :)

Not sure if I saw this article posted, but runs down a lot of the things we know with a lot of the timeline. Also had this information:

"Nebus declined to comment on SONIC&#8217;s involvement in the investigation, but he said the agency also provides surveillance and undercover work."

"
&#8220;Our concern is that Danielle is somewhere being held not by her choice and wants to come home, and we want to bring her home, so we&#8217;re asking if you could just think about your drive home on Friday. Did you see the vehicle? What did you see?&#8221; Ann Stislicki said."

http://www.candgnews.com/news/vigil-shines-light-missing-hills-woman-98018

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/12/search_for_missing_farmington.html

Assuming the pictures of the car in the article are her actual car ( not a lookalike) I doubt she was forced into it and abducted- the dirt on the car is not disturbed as you would expect if someone were grabbed and presumably pushed into or against the car. There are clearly clean finger prints where presumably she grabbed the hatch to open or shut it. But otherwise the dirt is not not messed up at all.
Since the hatch has been opened ( although it may have been by family or LE, explaining the finger prints) obviously very shortly before the picture was taken, I wonder what she put in or took out of the trunk. Groceries?
Hopefully LE took prints off the trunk...

Seems like perp might have been watching for a time and waiting for it to get darker earlier, or at least less light...
LE should go door to door and ask for DNA samples, especially of where single men are living and especially if any are newly moved in, do this even with no DNA to compare to, just to see if who won't give or is nervous, etc...

One consideration re: neighbor abduction, either via luring or, the almost impossible to imagine going unnoticed in this scenario, violent, bonk over the head and drag off to his apartment abduction, LE ran search dogs over the IG grounds within 24 hours of DS's disappearce...IG's parking lots don't contain rivers or tall grass or other impediments to dogs picking up scents. Tough to see the dogs missing out in this case. But it's possible. Anything's possible in this case.

Northern Michigan University (my alma mater) located on the shores of Lake Superior has secured an outdoor research station and will be "constructing the only cold weather facility in the world. They are hoping to make a scientific breakthrough on what the freeze/thaw cycle does to human remains."

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Body-farm-coming-to-Northern-Michigan-University-405673255.html

So it's a frozen version of the body farm? Neat..

I'm sure you know this already but it's important enough to mention. If you do happen to stumble on the keys, phone, or anything you think may be evidence DO NOT touch it. Call the FHPD and don't leave until someone comes out to investigate. I would also restrict the amount of movement in the area something was found, because you never know what else could be close by and you don't want to be muddling a crime scene/evidence field.

Sometimes LE discourages independent searches because the average Joe has no idea how to conduct them, handle finding evidence or how to prepare themselves for what ever else they could stumble upon. Luuuckily we at WS aren't average joes and have hopefully provided you with a few tips :)

BBM

I guess the rule of thumb in this case is: "So let's not search at all."

All I can say is this, if there is a legitimate reason why LE has decided not to actively search for this lady as many in here have surmised, then they at least owe the parents an explanation for what that reason is. They can keep the rest of us in the dark, they can keep the media in the dark, they can keep her co-workers in the dark.......but they owe it to her parents to do the decent thing. Just tell them why, I'm sure they can handle it.

As far as her friends and family go, I would think getting out and searching would be somewhat therapeutic, at least you feel like you are trying to get some resolution. It beats sitting at home on your office chair, wringing your hands in front of the computer all day.

BBM

I guess the rule of thumb in this case is: "So let's not search at all."

All I can say is this, if there is a legitimate reason why LE has decided not to actively search for this lady as many in here have surmised, then they at least owe the parents an explanation for what that reason is. They can keep the rest of us in the dark, they can keep the media in the dark, they can keep her co-workers in the dark.......but they owe it to her parents to do the decent thing. Just tell them why, I'm sure they can handle it.

As far as her friends and family go, I would think getting out and searching would be somewhat therapeutic, at least you feel like you are trying to get some resolution. It beats sitting at home on your office chair, wringing your hands in front of the computer all day.

Why do you think they haven't..the family seems supportive of LE whenever this question pops up in the comments on FB

They give no indication of frustration at all in how this is being handled...they must know why otherwise they would be going rogue

Hi! I'm new to the group, but I was looking on Google earth at her complex. There is only one way in or out of the complex via vehicle and several commercial/retail buildings across from the complex. Do we know if police were able to locate any video cameras near the complex entrance/exit? Thanks!

Why do you think they haven't..the family seems supportive of LE whenever this question pops up in the comments on FB

They give no indication of frustration at all in how this is being handled...they must know why otherwise they would be going rogue

We'll see how it works out. If they have managed to get phone pings that show there was movement that day, then they need to search wherever the phone pings ended. Just because her phone traveled down the road to some unnamed place, doesn't mean she was in the car with it.

Hi! I'm new to the group, but I was looking on Google earth at her complex. There is only one way in or out of the complex via vehicle and several commercial/retail buildings across from the complex. Do we know if police were able to locate any video cameras near the complex entrance/exit? Thanks!

There's more than one way out, but all leak out onto Halsted in some capacity. Except for one on Grand River. No video cameras.

This has always fascinated me. I get to live a bit vicariously through my son who is a forensic science major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back