MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/224516559-story

Last month we had Sheri Papini missing for over 2 weeks and I believe LE kept stating that they had no evidence of foul play. But in this instance LE is stating she was the victim of a crime. Granted, it is two different agencies in two different parts of the country. But it makes me wonder what evidence LE has to this point that indicates a crime took place.

In our martial arts class we also have women's self defense classes..it's mind blowing to learn about what makes one vulnerable/an ideal victim for a violent crime.
JMO
I'd love to know this list. I'm listening. :)

I probably missed it, but I am wondering why everyone is saying that DS was making dinner for her friend? Everything I've read has said she was planning to meet her friend for dinner...but with my work a schedule I could have easily missed it. Thank you!

The speculation about Danielle stopping to shop along the way... it seems to me the food would be in the car or house if she had already shopped. Would someone abduct her and take bags of food as well? Doubtful.

The speculation about Danielle stopping to shop along the way... it seems to me the food would be in the car or house if she had already shopped. Would someone abduct her and take bags of food as well? Doubtful.

I agree. I would assume she stopped home to pick up her overnight bag and then would have gone to the store on her way to her friend's house.

Steelman, thanks so much for the map. Definitely plan on searching those areas. Who else is with me?

While I believe #5 is the most likely, all are possible. I believe a 6th one is just as likely: She was stalked or watched and the abductor planned it. That is someone who she knew or, at least, they knew of her.
My take as well - often see where a single woman in an apt complex is targeted by a man living in the same complex...
happens sometimes when the woman is new to the complex, or if she's been living there awhile, when someone new who has a record moves into the complex....
Seems like perp might have been watching for a time and waiting for it to get darker earlier, or at least less light...
LE should go door to door and ask for DNA samples, especially of where single men are living and especially if any are newly moved in, do this even with no DNA to compare to, just to see if who won't give or is nervous, etc...

We don't know that there WEREN'T other items in the car; only that her purse with wallet, money, ID, etc. were found in the Jeep. LE hasn't offered much information regarding evidence at all, so there's just no way of knowing what else what might have been in D's vehicle. Same thing with whatever might have been found in the apartment.

This is probably well-guarded info, but I wonder if the friend knew what they would be preparing for dinner. If the necessary ingredients were still in D's apartment, then she probably didn't make it inside to retrieve them.

Steelman, thanks so much for the map. Definitely plan on searching those areas. Who else is with me?

Well...............since I live about 2000 miles away.........think I may have to opt out of this one.

Well, if it were me, I'd run home and change. Pack a bag and head out for Groceries, then on to my friend's place. I've left my purse in the car as well as my phone on many occasions. Not a smart thing to do really but I've done it.

Unfortunately, I think that whatever happened to DS happened in the parking lot of the Apartment Complex or on her way into her apartment.

LE has been extremely tight lipped about evidence or anything. I think they do have evidence to indicate what has happened.

I'm always very cautious of being too quick to say that I think that someone is deceased although things may send me to that way of thinking. Based on other cases it's highly possible that DS is being held somewhere. Just look at all the recent cases where this has happened.

MOO

Drug epidemic here, too.

Why is everyone on drugs? I swear it's totally out of control! I've heard people say DARE didn't work during the Regan era. It sure as heck did for me! The big thing to try when I was in high school was acid, I wasn't into drugs of any sort, ever. I don't even like how I feel when I've been on Vicodin or Morphine after surgery ... and people want to feel that way all the time? Drugs are absolutely disgusting and they leave lives in shambles.

I agree absolutely. Legalizing of weed isn't going to help the next few generations either. Imo....coke was big when I was in high school. I think I puffed in weed if it was being passed around, but I can think of a million other ways to spend my time then paranoid and zoned out lol. Not my thang either...

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/12/search_for_missing_farmington.html

Above is the link for an article about this case. I'm not really posting it so much for the article as I am for the comments below it.

Now that is what you call an unmoderated dialogue !!

Mlive has always been the best for unmoderated dialogue. They use to have forums, shut them down this summer, but they were so colorful all the time. Absolute best were youth and high school sports, you had to put your big boy britches on to post.

Steelman,

It's also my understanding that friends have searched Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve.

Let's say one were to search when the snow melts.

Given that it's been cold AF the past three weeks, how would the body hold up?

Hopefully we don't find a body, but anything else besides phone and keychain we should search for?

My take as well - often see where a single woman in an apt complex is targeted by a man living in the same complex...
happens sometimes when the woman is new to the complex, or if she's been living there awhile, when someone new who has a record moves into the complex....
Seems like perp might have been watching for a time and waiting for it to get darker earlier, or at least less light...
LE should go door to door and ask for DNA samples, especially of where single men are living and especially if any are newly moved in, do this even with no DNA to compare to, just to see if who won't give or is nervous, etc...

Although people would be assumed "suspicious" for not volunteering their DNA, I'm not so sure that would go over well....I mean, I get it. If you want to help out and prove you had no part, go ahead..but everyone thinks they're so watched over and that's intruding on their privacy. I saw it in another case when someone mentioned why isn't everybody's DNA already in a database at birth or a certain age? The comments....YIKES! But, I see your line of thinking. Not sure if I agree or disagree, but like where you're head is at!

Let's say one were to search when the snow melts.

Given that it's been cold AF the past three weeks, how would the body hold up?

Hopefully we don't find a body, but anything else besides phone and keychain we should search for?

Wellll, I would imagine it would have been nice and frozen...so fairly well.... ugh. That would be a fun find to see in my google search history.... :facepalm:

https://bonesdontlie.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/preservation-when-bodies-dont-decompose/

1. Ice: When an individual dies in conditions where there is constant snow and ice, there is no way for bacteria to grow or insects to attack the dying remains. The cells are frozen in place and preventing from decaying. It literally arrests the process of decomposition.

I don't recall any water searches with regard to Danielle's disappearance. I hate to even mention it, but Oakland County has numerous small lakes, ponds, retention basins, wetlands, etc. Water, water, everywhere! In early December, it's unlikely that every body of water was frozen solid. Given the amount of time before it was determined that Danielle was missing, the perp/s could have easily driven to one of the many small bodies of water to dispose of a body. Of course, I hope this isn't the case, but it's something to consider when discussing outdoor searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member