MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was home-shopping around the northern border burbs over the Summer and was surprised at home much house you could get for not a lot of $$$ in the southern parts of Farmington Hills. Talking Sixteen Candles/Home Alone style houses but on bigger lots and with pools for prices starting with a 2.

Yes! But that job market though...

Let's say one were to search when the snow melts.

Given that it's been cold AF the past three weeks, how would the body hold up?

Hopefully we don't find a body, but anything else besides phone and keychain we should search for?

Find out what kind and color of clothing she was wearing if possible. I was raised on a ranch in Texas, and believe me, after three weeks outdoors, a body doesn't really look like a body anymore. It will be much smaller, flatter, and will resemble melted wax with hair. The best thing to work off of and to look for is clothing, especially bright colored or neon clothing. I have no idea what she was wearing other than that dark coat we first heard about. The cold weather will go a long way in delaying decomposition, but it's still going to happen. It was still fairly warm back at the first of December there if my memory serves right.

We used to have to go out and try and find animals that had gotten separated from the other animals, sometimes it was due to pregnancy, storms, injuries, or a whole host of other reasons. My dad raised Beefmaster cows and bulls, with the bulls selling for upwards of 10K apiece, so when one of them got lost, he wanted it found post haste. When he sent us out to find a lost animal, he didn't ask us to try and find it, he told us to find it......and don't come back home until you do.

With animals, you don't have the luxury of them wearing bright colored clothes, or any clothes for that matter. One thing that used to be very helpful though was to take along a really good pair of binoculars for scanning the terrain. You'd be amazed at how a little bit of magnification can really bring a lot of clarity to your eyes. It was always rather shocking how a full grown horse or cow could shrink down to about 25% of it's normal size in just a couple of weeks. A lot of animals, if sick or injured, would deliberately hide in brush and overgrowth. That wouldn't really apply in this case, but it could apply in cases of human suicide. Also, it's no secret that many of these victims are deliberately covered up and hidden from view by the perpetrator, so you'll have to search in the tall grass, weeds, and undergrowth.......no way around it.

I personally believe that is part of the reason so many of these organized searches come up empty sometimes. They have searchers that are searching for what they think is going to appear to be a fully intact human body.......as if the person was lying in the grass sleeping, or a mannequin was lying in a bar ditch. They don't look like that after 3 weeks, trust me.

Crime has gotten VERY bad here. IMO, the opiod/heroin epidemic has really jacked crime up! Thefts & breakins are terrible. I live in a relatively small,"safe" town and it isn't unusual to hear of 2 or more overdoses each day on the scanner.

Where do you live? Just curious - live about 40 mins from Ann Arbor, as well, in a relatively small town with a overdose issue, as well.

I am a local. Was approached once when I was in 2nd grade and ran away from him. Another time 2 years ago, I was getting gas at a Walmart and smokes. When inside getting smokes this guy in line was friendly and said hi, I said hi back. Then after I got gas and left, I noticed in my rear view mirror his white van was following me. Wow alarm bells went off Instead of going straight home, I turned and he turned. I ended up going to a couple's house and ran into their garage. Scary

My husband is sure he was almost kidnapped when he was about 12 years old right around this area. He and a friend were walking through a neighborhood when a car with two men approached. The passenger jumped out and ran at them full speed. The two boys split up and each ran in separate directions. My husband ran into the woods. The man chased for a bit and then gave up and went back to the car and they sped off.

I have to go find one of the articles that stated what she was wearing, I do remember burgundy boots. BTW I love your posts because I feel pretty much the same on your theories.

Farmington, Michigan ---High temps for December

12/2---39 degrees 12/3--- 39 deg. 12/4---38 12/5-----42 deg. 12/6------ 40 deg. 12/7------38 deg. 12/8------ 32 12/9---- 34 deg. 12/10-----28

12/11---31 12/12---- 34 12/13---- 28 deg. 12/14---- 21 deg. 12/15----17 deg. 12/16---- 19 deg. 12/17---- 28 deg. 12/18----- 23 deg. 12/19---- 19 deg. 12/20--- 20 deg.

Looks like 8 days out of 20 were above freezing, with the warmest being the first week she went missing.

Find out what kind and color of clothing she was wearing if possible. I was raised on a ranch in Texas, and believe me, after three weeks outdoors, a body doesn't really look like a body anymore. It will be much smaller, flatter, and will resemble melted wax with hair. The best thing to work off of and to look for is clothing, especially bright colored or neon clothing. I have no idea what she was wearing other than that dark coat we first heard about. The cold weather will go along way in delaying decomposition, but it's still going to happen. It was still fairly warm back at the first of December there if my memory serves right.

We used to have to go out and try and find animals that had gotten separated from the other animals, sometimes it was due to pregnancy, storms, injuries, or a whole host of other reasons. My dad raised Beefmaster cows and bulls, with the bulls selling for upwards of 10K apiece, so when one of them got lost, he wanted it found post haste. When he sent us out to find a lost animal, he didn't ask us to try and find it, he told us to find it......and don't come back home until you do.

With animals, you don't have the luxury of them wearing bright colored clothes, or any clothes for that matter. One thing that used to be very helpful though was to take along a really good pair of binoculars for scanning the terrain. You'd be amazed at how a little bit of magnification can really bring a lot of clarity to your eyes. It was always rather shocking how a full grown horse or cow could shrink down to about 25% of it's normal size in just a couple of weeks. A lot of animals, if sick or injured, would deliberately hide in brush and overgrowth. That wouldn't really apply in this case, but it could apply in cases of human suicide. Also, it's no secret that many of these victims are deliberately covered up and hidden from view by the perpetrator, so you'll have to search in the tall grass, weeds, and undergrowth.......no way around it.

I personally believe that is part of the reason so many of these organized searches come up empty sometimes. They have searchers that are searching for what they think is going to appear to be a fully intact human body.......as if the person was lying in the grass sleeping, or a mannequin was lying in a bar ditch. They don't look like that after 3 weeks, trust me.

I have to go find one of the articles that stated what she was wearing, I do remember burgundy boots. BTW I love your posts because I feel pretty much the same on your theories.

Find out what kind and color of clothing she was wearing if possible. I was raised on a ranch in Texas, and believe me, after three weeks outdoors, a body doesn't really look like a body anymore. It will be much smaller, flatter, and will resemble melted wax with hair. The best thing to work off of and to look for is clothing, especially bright colored or neon clothing. I have no idea what she was wearing other than that dark coat we first heard about. The cold weather will go along way in delaying decomposition, but it's still going to happen. It was still fairly warm back at the first of December there if my memory serves right.

Excellent information for those reading here who are close enough to search, hunters, etc. I think most people do think a body will look like a mannequin, and sometimes they do when it's been 24 hours or so...but 3 weeks makes a big difference. Thank you for sharing!

I was looking at pictures of her car and realized something. Being that it's so dirty (assuming it was like that before she disappeared), you would be able to tell if there was a struggle against the car. The only marks I see are finger prints from opening the trunk. Just an observation. Where are you, Danielle? :/

Pictures at this link- http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/12/search_for_missing_farmington.html

So I have not been able to find anything on this case that would warrant the use of the Secret Service. They protect the president and the financial structure of the United States. It seems odd. There's not even any evidence of any crime at this point and there are already 12 agencies working on this. It makes me think there is something large missing in the reporting here.
:welcome: to Websleuths. Here's some basic information about the duties of Secret Service.

http://www.criminaljusticeschoolinfo.com/secret-service-history.html

So I have not been able to find anything on this case that would warrant the use of the Secret Service. They protect the president and the financial structure of the United States. It seems odd. There's not even any evidence of any crime at this point and there are already 12 agencies working on this. It makes me think there is something large missing in the reporting here.

It's not the Secret Service that protects the president on this case. The secret service they have been talking about is some law enforcement agency that is set up there in Michigan. That matter came up way back on thread one. It's my understanding that they do a lot of undercover work and stings......sort of a "secret" LE agency that apparently keeps a really low profile. I had never heard of them either.

In addition to Presidential detail, they also investigate forgery, counterfeiting, theft / embezzlement, large scale financial crimes, racketeering, electronic crimes.

Hmmm. Electronic crimes? Stolen identity, maybe?

And what is the SONIC task force I've seen mentioned here? The only Sonic I'm familiar with is the one down the road selling expensive hot dogs.

It's not the Secret Service that protects the president on this case. The secret service they have been talking about is some law enforcement agency that is set up there in Michigan. That matter came up way back on thread one. It's my understanding that they do a lot of undercover work and stings......sort of a "secret" LE agency that apparently keeps a really low profile. I had never heard of them either.

Thank you, I've never heard of them either! I'm not thinking too clearly today ... terrible cold ... blah.

Steelman...do you happen to know what type of case warrants this particular Michigan SS to be brought in? Drugs, ST, etc.?

Thank you, I've never heard of them either! I'm not thinking too clearly today ... terrible cold ... blah.

Steelman...do you happen to know what type of case warrants the SS to be brought in? Drugs, ST, etc.?

I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon :(

Steelman...do you happen to know what type of case warrants the SS to be brought in? Drugs, ST, etc.?

I don't have any idea, I never heard of the secret service the sheriff was referring to. I know the entire situation was addressed back on thread #1 (or 2), somebody looked it up and posted what "secret service" they were referring to during the press conference. I don't know anything about them or what kind of crimes they specialize in. I know they said numerous agencies were offering "assistance and support", which I assume includes things such as forensic testing, C.S.I., and lab work.

p.s.) That cold you've got ? I'll bet you got it running around in the shopping malls mingling with thoughtless people who had one themselves but didn't care. That used to happen to me around Christmas too.............now I buy everything online so I'm only exposed to the mailman, the UPS guy, and the Fedex guy.

If this is the US Secret Service they have come into missing person's cases in the past, but not the special agents. Rather it has been their technology group. I know I've read where their techs have tried to enhance surveillance videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste