MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most women or men for that matter do not walk around down town alone! I don't care where they live down there. Most of them only live in one of two places: Corktown off Mich Ave near old tigers stadium and in rented homes near Wayne State University with people they go to college with. I know there has been development of new condos and apartments off Woodward and a lot of people from the suburbs decided to move there to be like yuppies... even those people don't walk around at night Alone! Besides it was already discussed she wasn't even seen there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're making a lot of assumptions. My bf wants to move downtown bc of the recent boom, and we are far from "yuppies". If you are using it in the way it's meant to be used. But guess everyone had their own opinions.

A final thought. Why didn't the missing girl on the building receive a similar response by the authorities that DS received. Similar profiles, similar area, similar time. There must be a whole lot more to the DS case than "just another missing person". Danielle must be a link to a whole lot more.

In her case the family said her boyfriend and her either broke up or something like that. The latest I've heard on her case was that the tox screen said she had cannabis in her blood stream. I will look again at that story. I don't think her case is related to DS

I think you're making a lot of assumptions. My bf wants to move downtown bc of the recent boom, and we are far from "yuppies". If you are using it in the way it's meant to be used. But guess everyone had their own opinions.

I am not sure why this keeps coming up: My friends and family who actually live downtown and have since before it started to get rebuilt and better and attracted more people from sport events, restaurants and entertainment. Lots of lofts and condos and apartments are being built cause people like to live downtown. They tell me they don't go out at night alone. There is nothing more to it. People who go downtown here in MI If you don't live there you aren't going to be walking around randomly at night alone near the two places the guy said she was seen. They already said that the report of her being seen wasn't her so not sure why you would say I'm making assumptions.... maybe your friends do walk around alone, mine don't! Moving on

I'm also feeling the whole investigation has become a hush- hush situation also. It's my opinion just from the way LE, family etc are acting. No proof of this, it's just in my mind.
Some kind of reassurance from LE thst they are actually making progress would be helpful. Knowing that the perp is still walking free is tough to take.

I believe that was a crime too....
What's wrong with FHPD???
The FBI needs to become more involved. Farmington Hills are going to find her

Some kind of reassurance from LE thst they are actually making progress would be helpful. Knowing that the perp is still walking free is tough to take.
LE has stated that they have been making progress since day 1. I agree that with DEA involved it has to be bigger than we are aware of for whatever reason that may be. Maybe POI was informant and DS just happened to connect to get a small amount of weed for her night out and then somehow was just thère at wrong time when things unexpectedly went down and she got caught on crossfire.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

.But was there a reason the cops deliberately didn't show her photo on that big screen behind them? If the goal was to find her... why didn't we see her face on that tv screen at the press conference?

Going off Nancy Drews opinion...Why wasn't Danielle's mom at work that day? I don't think her Mom knows anything. Dad only stood out to me cause he seemed very nervous as any parent probably would be. But was there a reason the cops deliberately didn't show her photo on that big screen behind them? If the goal was to find her... why didn't we see her face on that tv screen at the press conference?

It was a Saturday, I assume most don't work on Saturdays. She was doing a special training. I don't think her.parents had anything to do with it. I have run in my apt and left my purse in car taking only my cell and keys when I was running in and out. Something happened at thatbpoint Im sure

It was a Saturday, I assume most don't work on Saturdays. She was doing a special training. I don't think her.parents had anything to do with it. I have run in my apt and left my purse in car taking only my cell and keys when I was running in and out. Something happened at thatbpoint Im sure

I don't think that either. That it was anyone in her immediate family.

They said her Mom wasn't at work on Friday. Just wondering why? I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

There sure is a lot of open land around IGA...Small golf course retention pond too... Was all of this walked and searched by LE?

The way I was thinking was that they had some common denominator and the weed was the only one I could think of. I've never known a married man to stalk a woman he wasn't dating or use to date....I know their are random stalkers sometimes, but being that she worked there and most likely knew him maybe there's a reason she was dealing with him... that led to this.

I don't know if DS was abducted or not, or whether FG or someone else she may have known abducted her...but I can say that it does not take much for a stalker to become a stalker. I was singled out for stalking when I lived in Ann Arbor on two separate occasions over the ten years I lived there. In one occasion, a homeless guy had written a bunch of stream-of-consciousness "poetry" and taped it all over a wall, and I found it fascinating and stopped to read it. He took that as interest in him, quickly learned my routine and class schedule, and popped out of random store fronts as I walked home, thrusting photocopies of his poetry at me. I altered my route home and a new semester came which changed my schedule entirely, and I didn't see him again after that, but it was a very weird few weeks.

On a second occasion, later, when I was a graduate student, I met a guy in a bar one night when I was going through a tough break-up. I was there alone with a book because I couldn't stand to be in my lonely apartment. He was there alone and struck up a conversation. I was super-lonely and happy to be talking to someone, but had absolutely no interest in him (or anyone) and just saw it as an interesting conversation with another graduate student. After that one encounter, that ended when I left the bar that night, the guy stalked me for -- literally -- years after that. First, he dropped a note (asking me to call him if I was interested) at my table the next time I was out with friends, and when I did not respond he started coming by my apartment and ringing my doorbell just after I turned out the lights almost every night, and persisted even after I answered the door and told him to stop. Then, when I finally told him via email in no uncertain terms that what he was doing was stalking, that I was sure he just didn't realize how threatening his behavior was, and that I would report it both to the University and the local police if it didn't stop, he wrote back "understood," and stopped coming by my apartment, but continued to lurk in the periphery for several years after that, having his lunch on a bench right outside the building where my lab was, showing up repeatedly at different bars and music venues that I frequented, having coffee at the same time and place I did. I could never prove that it was actually stalking, and it did not seem that he planned to do me harm, but all of my friends kept saying it could not possibly be a coincidence.

He eventually was banned from one of the bars I liked, so I continued to go there, and after that left his graduate program and moved out of town, so I stopped seeing him. But I feel like it would have gone on for even longer if one or the other of us hadn't left town.

Anyway, this is all to say that it REALLY doesn't take much of an interaction to attract a stalker.

There's only two types of people I know that use burner phones.
1. People who can't afford regular cell service cause they defaulted on their bill 2. One person I know who used one was just kind of a paranoid weirdo, but he was a biker so maybe that's why he was weird about phones. Not saying DS is or was, but you never know. She might have been very careful about her use of that stuff and wanted to make sure she couldn't be tracked. Who knows....

My husband and i had no contract, prepaid "burner" phones for years. We didn't use our cell phones much, and keeping a small balance of minutes was far cheaper than paying the contract minimums. When my boys started high school, i got them burner phones for their first phone. IMO much easier to control minutes/usage. Lots of non-criminals use them!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My husband and i had no contract, prepaid "burner" phones for years. We didn't use our cell phones much, and keeping a small balance of minutes was far cheaper than paying the contract minimums. When my boys started high school, i got them burner phones for their first phone. IMO much easier to control minutes/usage. Lots of non-criminals use them!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Yes, I meant to put in there that some people just don't want a contract phone or they do save money by having phone be pay as you go... her friend calling it a burner I guess is how this got started.

I don't know if DS was abducted or not, or whether FG or someone else she may have known abducted her...but I can say that it does not take much for a stalker to become a stalker. I was singled out for stalking when I lived in Ann Arbor on two separate occasions over the ten years I lived there. In one occasion, a homeless guy had written a bunch of stream-of-consciousness "poetry" and taped it all over a wall, and I found it fascinating and stopped to read it. He took that as interest in him, quickly learned my routine and class schedule, and popped out of random store fronts as I walked home, thrusting photocopies of his poetry at me. I altered my route home and a new semester came which changed my schedule entirely, and I didn't see him again after that, but it was a very weird few weeks.

On a second occasion, later, when I was a graduate student, I met a guy in a bar one night when I was going through a tough break-up. I was there alone with a book because I couldn't stand to be in my lonely apartment. He was there alone and struck up a conversation. I was super-lonely and happy to be talking to someone, but had absolutely no interest in him (or anyone) and just saw it as an interesting conversation with another graduate student. After that one encounter, that ended when I left the bar that night, the guy stalked me for -- literally -- years after that. First, he dropped a note (asking me to call him if I was interested) at my table the next time I was out with friends, and when I did not respond he started coming by my apartment and ringing my doorbell just after I turned out the lights almost every night, and persisted even after I answered the door and told him to stop. Then, when I finally told him via email in no uncertain terms that what he was doing was stalking, that I was sure he just didn't realize how threatening his behavior was, and that I would report it both to the University and the local police if it didn't stop, he wrote back "understood," and stopped coming by my apartment, but continued to lurk in the periphery for several years after that, having his lunch on a bench right outside the building where my lab was, showing up repeatedly at different bars and music venues that I frequented, having coffee at the same time and place I did. I could never prove that it was actually stalking, and it did not seem that he planned to do me harm, but all of my friends kept saying it could not possibly be a coincidence.

He eventually was banned from one of the bars I liked, so I continued to go there, and after that left his graduate program and moved out of town, so I stopped seeing him. But I feel like it would have gone on for even longer if one or the other of us hadn't left town.

Anyway, this is all to say that it REALLY doesn't take much of an interaction to attract a stalker.

I know there are random stalkers... but most are connected somehow to the person they stalk. Being that he knew her from work "possibly " there was at least some rapport between the two. If he was married and had a Ill person to care for I'm sure he wouldn't be stalking her. Also if any woman had a stalker I'm sure she would have told someone in her family or close friend.

I don't know why but I am so bothered by this "burner phone" terminology that continues to be thrown around on this case. There is a definite difference between a "burner" phone and a "prepaid" phone.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Burner+phone

Burner phone = A prepaid cellular phone, replaced frequently (weekly) (monthly) to avoid leaving a trail and getting caught up in illegal activities.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prepay_mobile_phone#

Prepaid phone = A prepay mobile phone (also commonly referred to as pay-as-you-go, pay-as-you-talk, pay and go, go-phone or prepaid) is a mobile phone for which credit is purchased in advance of service use.

I don't know this for fact but my guess is DS used a prepaid phone, not that she continually threw away her phone and obtained a new number, as would be the custom with a burner. Both my MIL and SIL use prepaid phones because they are much cheaper to obtain on the front end without contractual requirements.

Carry on. [emoji12]

My MOTHER (definitely not a drug dealer :) ) had a prepaid phone in her sixties because smart phones totally baffled her, plus, she was thrifty for sort of no reason. She clung to that thing for years, until it got so obsolete that she couldn't get a new charger for it, at which point my husband and I put her on our family plan and gave her one of our older iPhones. Anyway, my point is, that prepaid phones aren't even just for "poor" people and drug dealers. Some people just don't like to spend a lot of money on something like that. In fact, after all this talk of how inexpensive prepaid phones are, and since it looks like you can get smart phones that are prepaids (something I didn't know) I'm thinking of getting one because I inherited my mom's "thrift" gene, even though I can easily afford my iPhone. Certainly makes me think that DS was just very sensible. Some people who don't mind spending money on things they care about just don't like to waste money on things they don't... :).

I know there are random stalkers... but most are connected somehow to the person they stalk. Being that he knew her from work "possibly " there was at least some rapport between the two. If he was married and had a Ill person to care for I'm sure he wouldn't be stalking her. Also if any woman had a stalker I'm sure she would have told someone in her family or close friend.

I had absolutely no connection to the two men whose behavior I described. One guy was a homeless random that I encountered once because I stopped by his crazy poetry wall, and the other guy is someone I had a single conversation with that didn't even go on that long. I never told anyone about the homeless poetry stalker-guy at the time. It just didn't come up as a topic of conversation and it didn't go on that long. If she had a stalker, it's possible she didn't even realize it, and just thought there was some friendly guy who said 'hi' on her way into work. Again, I don't know if that's what happened, but it does not seem outlandish as a theory.

As I read your post I kept thinking how much these situations sound like romance movie plots. Strangers meeting, fate, as it were, running into one another, "Serendipity". Lloyd Dobler "Say Anything", serenading with a boombox outside the window types. Maybe Hollywood has perpetuated the idea to men that that's the way to win a girl's heart?

All I know is if Lloyd Dobler (John Cusack) showed up outside my window, say no more. Swoon, baby.

Not to make light of true stalking. That's messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214