MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CIA can't be involved.

CIA's charter forbids "domestic" (as in, not international) operations.

CIA’s primary mission is to collect, analyze, evaluate, and disseminate foreign intelligence to assist
image.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the President and senior US government policymakers in making decisions relating to national security. This is a very complex process and involves a variety of steps.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reading this directly from the CIA Website, I am more confused than ever trying to comprehend their presence in the D.S. case.[/FONT]

Has anyone focused on this statement. "The person whose home was searched WORKS OR HAS WORKED at Metlife. That wording is sort of strange in itself. Do e know if he still worked there? Do we know if he was at that time suspended pending any investigation?

News media has said claimed he works, or has worked there, emphasizing that he no longer works there. For that reason I would doubt he would carry out any part of a crime in the parking lot which he is fully aware, subject to surveillance cameras. His background is security. Doubtful for that reason he'd make such a simple mistake.
Once again, they never actually named FG.

CIA can't be involved.

CIA's charter forbids "domestic" (as in, not international) operations.

But didn't the press conference announce the CIA as one of the 12 authorities assisting in this case?

It seems to me the only plausible explanation for the tremendous response in DS disappearance is either it is part of something even bigger or the relationship she and her family has with Senator Levin. There was a post on one of her blogs where she said something to the effect of "Senator Levin is my neighbor and he's awesome" Until recently I've lived in Farmington Hills nearly my entire life and have never seen the response this missing person has received.

Exactly! She isn't the first person to go missing in this general area, but I've lived here my entire life (40 yrs) and have never seen this type of response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed the find dani fb page has been quiet since 12/31 and previously there were daily posts. I've noticed another quiet fb, too. I know it's only been a couple of days and it may be nothing but it does make me wonder if there has been a break not released.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yes I noticed as well. <modsnip>

But didn't the press conference announce the CIA as one of the 12 authorities assisting in this case?

Farmington police say more than 12 police agencies are involved in the case - including the FBI, Michigan State Police, Oakland County Sheriff's Department, Oakland County Prosecutor's office, Drug Enforcement Administration, Secret Service, Southfield Police Department, Michigan Department of Corrections and the South Oakland Narcotics Intelligence Consortium Sonic.

CIA can do limited surveillance on folks domiciled in the US who are foreign nationals (and maybe even US citizens? not sure on that one) whom they suspect of terrorist activity/other shenanigans with an overseas nexus. But even in those cases they, the CIA, typically hand it (the grunt work of getting warrants / tapping phones / computers) off to the FBI. Partially b/c the FBI, like every other LE agency, is territorial about their jurisdiction. But I think it's mostly to avoid running afoul the the CIA-charter's prohibition against engaging in "intelligence gathering" activities domestically.

I don't think so. CIA is generally concerned with matters overseas. They did mention Secret Service initially which I thought was odd.

Search continues for missing Farmington Hills woman after one month

By John Steckroth
Posted: 2:34 PM, January 02, 2017

FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. - It’s been a month since Danielle Stislicki went missing and investigators continue to search for the missing Farmington Hills woman.

Stislicki, 28, was last seen Dec. 2, when she was leaving her job at MetLife in Southfield.

Her vehicle, a Jeep Renegade, was found Dec. 3, parked outside her home at the Independence Green apartments in the area of Halsted Road and Grand River Avenue. Her purse was left in the SUV...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...issing-farmington-hills-woman-after-one-month

Yes. And it was speculated that this was due to the possibility DS was taken across Canadian borders, when trafficking was on the table as a viable motive.

Are there any links to these? Specifcally interested in trying to discern which types of vehicles were removed from the home.

Some stations showed pictures sent in by viewers which were from the earlier (week of 12/8) search. Pics of mobile forensics labs, vehicles on trucks were all they had in the ones I saw. I saw no pics of the dogs referenced below.

I don't think so. CIA is generally concerned with matters overseas. They did mention Secret Service initially which I thought was odd.
Prior threads explained the SS involvement, and it's NOT the same SS that guards the POTUS.

Yes. And it was speculated that this was due to the possibility DS was taken across Canadian borders, when trafficking was on the table as a viable motive.

I'm not seeing CIA in the list released by LE:

Farmington police say more than 12 police agencies are involved in the case - including the FBI, Michigan State Police, Oakland County Sheriff's Department, Oakland County Prosecutor's office, Drug Enforcement Administration, Secret Service, Southfield Police Department, Michigan Department of Corrections and the South Oakland Narcotics Intelligence Consortium Sonic.

Find Danielle Stislicki shared Rich Stislicki's post.
2 hrs ·
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
Rich Stislicki added 2 new photos — with Danielle Ann Stislicki.
17 hrs ·
Your efforts are greatly appreciated! ANY support whether it be, with continued flier postings, contacts, connections, or any other resource that you have at your disposal. With my sincerest thanks, I am truly grateful for the amount of love and support you have given to me and my loved ones.
Thank you!
Richard Stislicki

Prior threads explained the SS involvement, and it's NOT the same SS that guards the POTUS.

Other than protection, the SS is used in major financial crimes. Unless DS uncovered a major case of fraud that is still strange to me.

I'm not seeing CIA in the list released by LE:
i stand corrected. :) Thanks. Maybe it was the DEA/FBI/SS combination that was being questioned at that time then, when we were trying to figure out how/where all these agencies fit in.

• The Secret Service has primary jurisdiction to investigate threats against Secret Service protectees as well as financial crimes, which include counterfeiting of U.S. currency or other U.S. Government obligations; forgery or theft of U.S. Treasury checks, bonds or other securities; credit card fraud; telecommunications fraud; computer fraud, identify fraud and certain other crimes affecting federally insured financial institutions.

People go missing. I'm skeptical that the Secret service became involved so quickly. I also question why S.O.N.I.C. was singled out for being exceptionally helpful. I don't buy into "the case has gone cold" suspicions.

Other than protection, the SS is used in major financial crimes. Unless DS uncovered a major case of fraud that is still strange to me.
Which SS link is that pulled from?

LE did give a special shout-out to the SONIC agency, saying they had been particularly helpful or important? in helping out with this case. Don't recall the exact wording.

Maybe this has something to do with DS's job since it lists an international component to it. Also, could DS have done some govt. work in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway