MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also wondering where the media got that info. If FG is the person they are referring to, there's no link to him being a security guard at met life or anywhere that anyone has been able to find, right?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My best guess is a leak at met life....but MSM has more access than our google lol

I'm also wondering where the media got that info. If FG is the person they are referring to, there's no link to him being a security guard at met life or anywhere that anyone has been able to find, right?

Yes, but we're sort of hindered because we're only allowed to discuss MSM reports, not things like what her coworkers are saying in SM. It's a vicious cycle, whereby people aren't believing MSM, but there is no other way -- here -- to verify.

Ok, so this is interesting. I went back to her instagram to take a look at the picture of her keychain (https://www.instagram.com/p/BICsHuzDOXb/?taken-by=stinkybummer). I didn't see any of those finder-devices attached (I had one on my keychain -- they were all the rage for Christmas last year -- until I realized that keeping bluetooth on on my phone all the time was killing the battery). But... I KNOW I heard or read them asking for her keychain with TWO keys on it. (edit: sources below), but in her picture, there are multiple rings and at least three keys, plus her Jeep fob, plus a bunch of cards for store discounts... did they find some of the rings, including the Jeep key fob, but not the ring with the Smoke Buddy charm and two of the three keys? Is that why we aren't being asked to be on the lookout for a charm + Jeep key fob and the other things that were all attached together?

Found it - Charm and two keys:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/danielle-stislicki-disappearance_us_58502bc9e4b04c8e2bb207d1
http://www.wxyz.com/news/parents-plea-for-safe-return-of-missing-28-year-old-danielle-stislicki-
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ails-missing-farmington-hills-woman/95137622/
http://people.com/crime/missing-michigan-womans-family-fears-she-has-been-abducted/

I remember it because I remember thinking how efficient and minimalist two keys seemed compared to my messy handful of keys, car fob, discount cards, etc.

I've been wondering about this from the beginning when they mentioned the two keys. I am also thinking they have found the other keys and she had her keychain buddy linked up with two keys that were separate from that key ring. In my mind, it's one of three possibilities:

1. The two keys are her mailbox keys. Each apartment is given two keys to their mailbox. I keep mine separate so if I drive to my mailbox, I don't have to turn my car off to get my mail. I keep them together on the same ring they came on so I didn't lose one because they're small. Maybe she walked to her mailbox after parking and her other keys were ... I don't know.

2. The two keys are her apartment keys. One to the main door and one to her apartment door. I have my keys easily removable on their own key ring so I can start my car in the morning but still lock my door.

3. The two keys are her spare apartment keys and they are missing. The keychain buddy is not an everyday ring she carries with her and the keys are actually missing from inside her apartment leading to the "most things were in place" paraphrased comment that was said after it was announced her apartment was untouched.

Is mattress voluntary?

ETA. Voluntarily visit by DS
That's a good question. If the house was empty like its been stated, maybe that's all that was in there. Could've been voluntary tho, good point.

I've been wondering about this from the beginning when they mentioned the two keys. I am also thinking they have found the other keys and she had her keychain buddy linked up with two keys that were separate from that key ring. In my mind, it's one of three possibilities:

1. The two keys are her mailbox keys. Each apartment is given two keys to their mailbox. I keep mine separate so if I drive to my mailbox, I don't have to turn my car off to get my mail. I keep them together on the same ring they came on so I didn't lose one because they're small. Maybe she walked to her mailbox after parking and her other keys were ... I don't know.

2. The two keys are her apartment keys. One to the main door and one to her apartment door. I have my keys easily removable on their own key ring so I can start my car in the morning but still lock my door.

3. The two keys are her spare apartment keys and they are missing. The keychain buddy is not an everyday ring she carries with her and the keys are actually missing from inside her apartment leading to the "most things were in place" paraphrased comment that was said after it was announced her apartment was untouched.

Very good thoughts. I think I can spot her mailbox key on the ring with two other keys in the instagram photo.

In addition to those possibilities, maybe the two keys are to her friend's apartment? Or to someplace at Metlife? File cabinet in cube/copy room, for example? Just brainstorming.

AtomicAngela, I looked at the IGA website. Dani's apartment was on the 1st floor, right? From the website it seems like most of the apartments have a sliding glass door in the back. Would hers have had one?

When I've lived in similar apartments, I would have ALWAYS locked my front door when leaving, but definitely could be too lax w/the sliding door. Just thinking that may have created an opportunity for the perp to have been inside but without leaving signs of a struggle.

Yes. Convicted of 1, suspected of at least 7. I interviewed him when I was in college.

Wow, just wow. How much time did you spend with him, one visit, multiple?
Just read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_murders on this one. I have read almost all of Ann Rule's books and haven't come across this one. I would have been 3-4 years old during that time frame. Going to see if there is a book on this one.

Aside from the "5-Day Free Trial" sites, does anyone know a legitimate source for tracing a license plate #? Trying to follow up on something
I had read, but hitting dead ends...

That's a good question. If the house was empty like its been stated, maybe that's all that was in there. Could've been voluntary tho, good point.

In the links I posted earlier, neighbors were quoted as saying that multiple items had been removed from the house in the multiple searches. What was said was "including" a mattress, probably because it's so dramatic compared to "garbage bags of miscellaneous items we couldn't identify"

AtomicAngela, I looked at the IGA website. Dani's apartment was on the 1st floor, right? From the website it seems like most of the apartments have a sliding glass door in the back. Would hers have had one?

When I've lived in similar apartments, I would have ALWAYS locked my front door when leaving, but definitely could be too lax w/the sliding door. Just thinking that may have created an opportunity for the perp to have been inside but without leaving signs of a struggle.

I honestly don't know for sure what apartment is DS'. I know the street she's on and I kind of remember seeing an address but I'm not positive if it's a first floor apartment. If it is, it would have a slider. Second and third floor apartments do not have balconies.

Yeah, pretty much from what I know, unless others know or remember more. It was the local news station that broke the news that day and this thread was on fire. Who knows where they got the info, not saying its wrong its just seriously confusing and no one seems to be backing it up conclusively. My first gut reaction to that, because of the way that it was worded was that it was for shock value.

/respectfully snipped for brevity

Very sad situation. Assuming this is the same person (name/age/etc match up), the friend's BF also has a history of drug abuse, enough to yield many larcenies in a single sweep:
http://www.thenewsherald.com/news/b...cle_cb53c1c4-7964-5a6c-9e9d-a280da973637.html

The article states: "Police said...was under the influence of a drug at the time of his arrest."

I feel like DS knowing the victim in that case is the best lead ive read thus far regarding this case. Why isn't there more discussion on this? Such a clear motive and would be an unlikely coincidence

Wow, just wow. How much time did you spend with him, one visit, multiple?
Just read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_murders on this one. I have read almost all of Ann Rule's books and haven't come across this one. I would have been 3-4 years old during that time frame. Going to see if there is a book on this one.

There are at least two. One was written in the 70s, called The Michigan Murders by Edward Keyes and is out of print, but it's easy to find a copy. Names were changed, but I think the book is good. There's a more recent book that has more photos and uses the real names, and the author claims to have was new information, but not a lot of the keyinformation was new (in my opinion) and I thought he needed a better editor. I am not sure there is a print version; I read it with my kindle. If you are really interested -- as I am -- I would pick up both. I also at one point went to the AA library and copied a lot of contemporary articles from the local newspaper (many on microfilm), but I'm not sure I have them anyplace I can find them. They were very consistent with what Keyes wrote.

Very good thoughts. I think I can spot her mailbox key on the ring with two other keys in the instagram photo.

In addition to those possibilities, maybe the two keys are to her friend's apartment? Or to someplace at Metlife? File cabinet in cube/copy room, for example? Just brainstorming.

Ooo, yes, hadn't even considered they might not be IGA related keys. The Instagram picture does appear to have her apartment keys and a mailbox key on them along with the keychain buddy. I wish it was a more recent pic to see if she reorganized her keys after July.

Aside from the "5-Day Free Trial" sites, does anyone know a legitimate source for tracing a license plate #? Trying to follow up on something

Would love to know too ! ( red MC ? )

There are at least two. One was written in the 70s, called The Michigan Murders by Edward Keyes and is out of print, but it's easy to find a copy. Names were changed, but I think the book is good. There's a more recent book that has more photos and uses the real names, and the author claims to have was new information, but not a lot of the keyinformation was new (in my opinion) and I thought he needed a better editor. I am not sure there is a print version; I read it with my kindle. If you are really interested -- as I am -- I would pick up both. I also at one point went to the AA library and copied a lot of contemporary articles from the local newspaper (many on microfilm), but I'm not sure I have them anyplace I can find them. They were very consistent with what Keyes wrote.

I just read both and thought they were both good. I also went and saw the author of the new book Terror in Ypsilanti speak. Blows my mind that I couldn't even imagine talking to him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read both and thought they were both good. I also went and saw the author of the new book Terror in Ypsilanti speak. Blows my mind that I couldn't even imagine talking to him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought the Kindle version of the The Michigan Murders

I tried that once years ago, tried those pay for sites that promise u all kinds of info. i was looking for a license number too, it said they included everything but not license numbers (only after I paid). I think only the DMV or LE can look that up. Kinda surprising considering everything else about everyone is plastered all over the internet.

Has anyone checked DS's Snapchat and found anything? Is that question an oxymoron? (clearly I don't Snapchat). LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay