MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following her disappearance case and hope search teams are actively looking in woods/lake areas. I saw a post showing a search over Lake Erie is that correct? And if so, is there an active search team looking over lake Huron by st clair? US and Canada Sides? I just have a hunch that since Huron is right there by Erie and Southfied where she was last seen that it should be searched.

The Lake Erie search is for a small plane crash near Cleveland.

Absolutely right. Everything got quiet around the same time. I guess it's possible with the holiday and everything,but observing the holiday wouldn't stop them from updating.
I agree. Makes me wonder if there will be news soon. My heart breaks for her family.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I've noticed the find dani fb page has been quiet since 12/31 and previously there were daily posts. I've noticed another quiet fb, too. I know it's only been a couple of days and it may be nothing but it does make me wonder if there has been a break not released.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Same time potential POI's Facebook came back online, no? That could go either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can PM me, I'm happy to answer questions. The Michigan Murders (Co-Ed Killer) is the book, hard to find. I've read all of Ann Rule's books, too. I wasn't born until 1975, but a college professor told me I should try to get an interview with JNC ... so I did. ;)
You need your own thread... The Adventures of MissGolfSouth!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I feel like FG is absolutely reading here. And if he's not the actual POI, the other person may very well be as well. Why not? If you are at all savvy with online activities... here's an easy spot to view theories and find out what others are thinking. Kind of creepy to think about really. Could also easily post theories to lead people in other directions as well. After all, who knows who any of us really are?!!

Me too. Why not. You google Danielle's name for news and up pops WS on the first page. I definitely imagine that POI's are often here, if not members, at least lurkers.

I'm one of those that is convinced LISK is about here somewhere. Again, even if not a member.

Tough when there isn't much to go on.

Actually there is quite a bit to go on compared to some cold cases. We have a vehicle, a job, an apartment complex, social media accounts, and a random home in Berkeley searched because of her. Any one of those could crack this case wide open.

The vehicle could contain clues such as fibers, mud, DNA, etc.

The job could reveal clues if a coworker came forward and gave information to the LE. Besides her family and friends, they know her best.

The aptartment complex could be important if one of the residents saw something or knows something.

And of course the house that was searched could hold the key to all of this if a crime was committed on the property.

I've noticed the find dani fb page has been quiet since 12/31 and previously there were daily posts. I've noticed another quiet fb, too. I know it's only been a couple of days and it may be nothing but it does make me wonder if there has been a break not released.

BBM.

Me too.

Actually there is quite a bit to go on compared to some cold cases. We have a vehicle, a job, an apartment complex, social media accounts, and a random home in Berkeley searched because of her. Any one of those could crack this case wide open.

The vehicle could contain clues such as fibers, mud, DNA, etc.

The job could reveal clues if a coworker came forward and gave information to the LE. Besides her family and friends, they know her best.

The aptartment complex could be important if one of the residents saw something or knows something.

And of course the house that was searched could hold the key to all of this if a crime was committed on the property.

There is nothing solid to go on. So pretty much nothing to go on. It's hard to sleuth 'could.'

30 days now and still nothing ?? I'd say LE is waiting for the same thing the rest of us are..........for her to surface.

It's not going to happen until the weather warms up and they can get out and do some searching, either that, or the general public gets out and happens to stumble across her, which is what normally happens anyway.

I was wondering to myself the other day if immediately after her disappearance LE scoured all the big trash containers and dumpsters in the immediate vicinity prior to them being picked up and hauled off the following week. I'm not talking about the trash cans in front of peoples houses, I'm talking about those big ones like you find at restaurants and behind shopping centers. Of course the answer would be "No, " because in the beginning they did the typical juggling act where it's undecided if the missing person vanished voluntarily and involuntarily.

It seems like these cases always get an extremely slow start when there are no eye witnesses that a crime was committed. By the time LE begins to admit that something is badly wrong, a whole week has passed by, and a lot of potential evidence has been compromised........or destroyed.

We've had one formal press conference on Dec. 7th, and nothing else since then, other than written "updates", if you want to call them that.

They don't know what happened to her, and apparently the testing hasn't yielded anything either.

Cold case.

30 days now and still nothing ?? I'd say LE is waiting for the same thing the rest of us are..........for her to surface.

It's not going to happen until the weather warms up and they can get out and do some searching, either that, or the general public gets out and happens to stumble across her, which is what normally happens anyway.

I was wondering to myself the other day if immediately after her disappearance LE scoured all the big trash containers and dumpsters in the immediate vicinity prior to them being picked up and hauled off the following week. I'm not talking about the trash cans in front of peoples houses, I'm talking about those big ones like you find at restaurants and behind shopping centers. Of course the answer would be "No, " because in the beginning they did the typical juggling act where it's undecided if the missing person vanished voluntarily and involuntarily.

It seems like these cases always get an extremely slow start when there are no eye witnesses that a crime was committed. By the time LE begins to admit that something is badly wrong, a whole week has passed by, and a lot of potential evidence has been compromised........or destroyed.

We've had one formal press conference on Dec. 7th, and nothing else since then, other than written "updates", if you want to call them that.

They don't know what happened to her, and apparently the testing hasn't yielded anything either.

Cold case.

Well it did warm up and most of the snow is gone yet no searches. I don't know what to think at this point. No new information. It's been so quiet we are rehashing every previous theory on here and previous cases. Can't wait for the Jimmy Hoffa talk. Is this normal for a missing persons case?

I've been wondering about this from the beginning when they mentioned the two keys. I am also thinking they have found the other keys and she had her keychain buddy linked up with two keys that were separate from that key ring. In my mind, it's one of three possibilities:

1. The two keys are her mailbox keys. Each apartment is given two keys to their mailbox. I keep mine separate so if I drive to my mailbox, I don't have to turn my car off to get my mail. I keep them together on the same ring they came on so I didn't lose one because they're small. Maybe she walked to her mailbox after parking and her other keys were ... I don't know.

2. The two keys are her apartment keys. One to the main door and one to her apartment door. I have my keys easily removable on their own key ring so I can start my car in the morning but still lock my door.

3. The two keys are her spare apartment keys and they are missing. The keychain buddy is not an everyday ring she carries with her and the keys are actually missing from inside her apartment leading to the "most things were in place" paraphrased comment that was said after it was announced her apartment was untouched.

Good points, my friend has a jeep with keyless entry and start so she always just keeps her keys in her purse. I wonder if the rest of her keys were still in her purse and it was just that key chain with the two keys missing?

There is nothing solid to go on. So pretty much nothing to go on. It's hard to sleuth 'could.'
Yes, that's what i was referring to. All the info posted above that the general public has access to has been sleuthed pretty intensely and repeatedly. Without any new info in a couple of weeks, it is hard not to wander a bit while continuing to keep the thread active.

If this isn't allowed, please delete. This case is tricky with the rules regarding SM as it seems to be all we have...
I think there is something to what others have said about the key-chain. In looking at some comments made re: putting up posters a few days after someone mentions calling the police about a search party, then comes back and says that the keychain will give them really important information if they can find it. Unless it was altered in some way, what could that thing possibly give them that wouldn't be found on anything else?

Aside from the "5-Day Free Trial" sites, does anyone know a legitimate source for tracing a license plate #? Trying to follow up on something
I had read, but hitting dead ends...

I was wondering the same thing.

Facts provided by MSM:

• From the git-go, Dani's mom questioned if DS had seemed under some level of duress during her drive home that day. I think this was because of the way DS responded to her call or text;
  • From the git-go, it was thought by DS's family that Dani was "taken" out of the area;
  • From the git-go, multiple (12?) agencies (from local to DEA to FBI, to name a few) have been involved in Dani's MP case;
  • From the git-go, there have been no official searches beyond the initial search of the complex and surrounding area, and the Oxford Rd. house;
  • From the git-go, the family and public have been asked to not search for Dani;
  • The house on Oxford has now been searched twice.

DS's mother was asking if anybody had seen her driving in reference to possible abduction, which is why her demeanor was mentioned. Nothing DS did before she disappeared was out of normal according to friends and family. Mother was looking for witnesses after the disappearance time, because the parents first were concerned she picked somebody up to give them a ride due to her kind nature. That line of questioning ended early on, probably due to LE evidence like security cameras at the office or a POI.

The family was fixed on an abduction, because they did not believe voluntary disappearance or suicide was an option. They apparently still had the courage to investigate a potential suicide in the first few days, if only to rule this out. LE now apparently is in agreement with the family on these points.

LE has mentioned via the media searches in several areas including the Berkley house. They are specifically discouraging "ground searches" while specifically encouraging everybody keep an eye out for the listed missing items, and DS herself. This is still being communicated via MISSING posters. Nobody wants a bunch of yahoos prowling through every known area while LE is investigating. If they need a ground search, they will ask, and the family will ask.

While the media provides available information, be cautious not to label that information as "facts" as the media is prone to error, sloppiness, and usually seems to stick to repeating what it is told by LE. One such non fact, for example, which keeps getting into print is that her truck is gray, and it is actually black with mud splashes.

the keychain will give them really important information if they can find it. Unless it was altered in some way, what could that thing possibly give them that wouldn't be found on anything else?

They were specifically interested in the exact location of the key chain if it is discovered, same with the phone although that would also contain information in its memory.

Well it did warm up and most of the snow is gone yet no searches. I don't know what to think at this point. No new information. It's been so quiet we are rehashing every previous theory on here and previous cases. Can't wait for the Jimmy Hoffa talk. Is this normal for a missing persons case?

In answer to your question........when a missing persons case yields no results for a duration this long...30 days.... it normally slows down to a crawl, and that is an almost sure sign that LE is either stumped or doesn't have enough to charge. It's always hard to prosecute without a body anyway, but when you throw in all the wishy-washy information and the reluctance to even admit that a crime had occurred for almost two weeks, that pretty much makes it all but impossible. The age-old quote about "we don't want to compromise the integrity of the investigation" is an immediate fix-all to get the media off of their backs and to refuse any face-to-face interviews. No leaks are coming out about this case because there isn't anything to leak.

The best thing you can do in the meantime is to focus your attention on one of the other missing persons cases that pops up here daily, and try to follow one or more of them to conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3