MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. I may be tainted by the case that brought me here to WS. It was a 28 year old, mother of 3, whose vehicle was found in the parking lot of a shady motel. She was presumed to have been staying with a friend the next town over and not reported missing until her vehicle was found by LE unlocked (keys on the ground) and her belongings inside. IMO, LE found it within hours of her disappearing (no working cameras there, either). I'm sure there are more secluded places to ditch a vehicle, I just think in this case, returning it to DS's apartment was convenient with fewer assumptions that any crime had been committed.

I agree that it could very well be to question the crime scene. Very plausible. Although foul play was suspected from early on anyway. Who knows when the car could have been found.. weeks or months? IMO, could have delayed foul play.

(forgot to quote)

To soanyway...

I think the reason why her car was returned to IGA was to question the crime scene, just as we are now 5 weeks later. Ditching her car somewhere else could've alerted LE that a crime had taken place and a search may have begun sooner with foul play suspected. Leaving her car at her own apartment makes it appear as though she returned from work that day and then something later happened (sometime within a 24 hour window until her car was discovered Saturday evening). One of AA's recent posts alluded to IGA not being what I would consider a low-income neighborhood or one in which there is activity at all hours. IMO, the perp could've found a small window (around 3:00 a.m.?) to return the vehicle. Of course, for all we know, LE could've located the keys by now and obtained DNA that led them to the perp. JMO

The eerie thing about this case is that her car was left at her apt. The theory / speculation that something happened to her prior to arriving at her place seems reasonable. If this theory is true, it doesn't make sense to me that the Perp would risk being seen dropping off her car at a busy complex regardless of what time of the day / night. It was a Friday night, people are in and out at all hours.

If something happened to her prior, why wouldn't the Perp ditch / hide the vehicle in a secluded place? Could make it look like she left or a car accident gone wrong.

Something I never thought about until just now. Profiling the type of person who would leave the car back at her house. I instinctively believe this would be the act of someone fairly bright, organized and seemingly responsible. And probably someone she was acquainted with. This in itself eliminates my thoughts she was randomly selected. I instinctively think that taking a car back to the house is most likely done by someone who had an emotional relationship with her. It reminds me of the parent who kills their kid then wraps the body in a blanket. Yes, my thought patterns are weird.

Agreed, especially on the convenience part. Not familiar with the area but seems much more planning would be needed to ditch it.

I just can't shake the risk factor of being seen. Either DS drove it there (with/without someone) or it is one ballsy Perp.

True. I may be tainted by the case that brought me here to WS. It was a 28 year old, mother of 3, whose vehicle was found in the parking lot of a shady motel. She was presumed to have been staying with a friend the next town over and not reported missing until her vehicle was found by LE unlocked (keys on the ground) and her belongings inside. IMO, LE found it within hours of her disappearing (no working cameras there, either). I'm sure there are more secluded places to ditch a vehicle, I just think in this case, returning it to DS's apartment was convenient with fewer assumptions that any crime had been committed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you noted, perp could've been wearing gloves, possibly even a cap (beanie). But just thinking of how many hairs I lose on any given day, still possible that some type of DNA was left behind (which could've matched DNA recovered from the 1st search).

Well...if we assume someone got in the vehicle with her in the work parking lot, there would possibly be fingerprints on the vehicle from that person. Unless they had on gloves...I know the weather was colder that day around here. Some people wear them at the first sign of cold weather, others only when it's bitter cold like today (around 15*). On that day, it was around mid 30s, so one could've been wearing gloves. I forgot about the weather for a minute and was thinking maybe they pulled prints from the vehicle, which in addition to the video, led them to a possible person of interest. Guess driving the vehicle back to her apt would also possibly leave things behind...but now that I'm writing all this out, probably not likely...darn it.:tantrum:

I remember seeing somewhere that persons at IG say they saw her that Friday late afternoon?.. Does anyone remember seeing that also?

MSM has repeatedly reported that "Danielle Stislicki was last seen driving her vehicle as she left her employer’s office in Southfield on Friday, Dec. 2." The first mention I found was http://bit.ly/2ikPx0b on 12/5.

It is possible this is as accurate as the grey car detail but I think this is accurate. Something when she was last seen in her vehicle must be connected to FG.

I am so glad the earlier poster mentioned the neighbor that said police were interested in knowing if the Jeep had been at FG's house. I think this is a key detail.

100% agreed. If something happened prior to her return then perp knew her. Either she knew the perp or the perp was a stalker.

Something I never thought about until just now. Profiling the type of person who would leave the car back at her house. I instinctively believe this would be the act of someone fairly bright, organized and intelligent. And probably someone she was acquainted with. This in itself eliminates my thoughts she was randomly selected. I instinctively think that taking a car back to the house is most likely done by someone who had an emotional relationship with her. It reminds me of the parent who kills their kid then wraps the body in a blanket. Yes, my thought patterns are weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They cannot challenge anything until an arrest is made and suspect is arraigned. However, often defense attorneys can get documents prior to discovery and even prior to arrest depending on the agency involved. They can informally discuss points with prosecutors but challenges will be made in court after the discovery phase of the trial.

Thank you Persimmon ! So it is possible for a savvy attorney to see a search warrant affidavit prior to an arrest in Michigan ?

I am guessing that because the FHPD led the search that the affidavit would be in the FH District Court Clerk's Office. Do you know if the affidavit is considered public information in Michigan ? Could a person get it with a FOIA request ?

I was thinking the same about the hair. My car and coat is covered in it...so if one was wearing a coat that day, as I assume they were, it could've been transferred that way. But that would mean their DNA would have to already have been in a database, right? For them to know where to then go search? Not looking to get into a discussion on that really, just thinking.

As you noted, perp could've been wearing gloves, possibly even a cap (beanie). But just thinking of how many hairs I lose on any given day, still possible that some type of DNA was left behind (which could've matched DNA recovered from the 1st search).

Thank you Persimmon ! So it is possible for a savvy attorney to see a search warrant affidavit prior to an arrest in Michigan ?

I am guessing that because the FHPD led the search that the affidavit would be in the FH District Court Clerk's Office. Do you know if the affidavit is considered public information in Michigan ? Could a person get it with a FOIA request ?

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(a1...eg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-780-651

Try this link, I am at work and can't fully look this over, but I think it has what your looking for.

I think the affidavit for the warrant would be with discovery materials presented by prosecution. This is requested by or given to defenfants attorney. I think person has to be charged. But copy of the actual warrant is given at time of search. I'm not an expert though.

Read through this link. Courts have differed greatly from federal and state appellate courts whether public right to know extends to the affidavit whether warrant is sealed or not. Also at times they can be found in just going through police reports. No set answer to that I assume.

https://www.rcfp.org/secret-justice-warrants-and-wiretaps/search-warrants

Thank you AggieLou ! The link suggests that courts vary on how public an affidavit is before an arrest. Once there is an arrest, I expect anyone can view the affidavit in the court file if it isn't sealed. It is my understanding that in the state I live in the public can see affidavits prior to arrest.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(a1...eg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-780-651

Try this link, I am at work and can't fully look this over, but I think it has what your looking for.

Thank you Gam ! You answered my question.
(8) Except as provided in subsection (9), an affidavit for a search warrant contained in any court file or court record retention system is nonpublic information.

(9) On the fifty-sixth day following the issuance of a search warrant, the search warrant affidavit contained in any court file or court record retention system is public information unless, before the fifty-sixth day after the search warrant is issued, a peace officer or prosecuting attorney obtains a suppression order from a judge or district court magistrate upon a showing under oath that suppression of the affidavit is necessary to protect an ongoing investigation or the privacy or safety of a victim or witness.

I assume the chances of the warrant being suppressed is high as long as the case remains unsolved?

Thank you Gam ! You answered my question.
(8) Except as provided in subsection (9), an affidavit for a search warrant contained in any court file or court record retention system is nonpublic information.

(9) On the fifty-sixth day following the issuance of a search warrant, the search warrant affidavit contained in any court file or court record retention system is public information unless, before the fifty-sixth day after the search warrant is issued, a peace officer or prosecuting attorney obtains a suppression order from a judge or district court magistrate upon a showing under oath that suppression of the affidavit is necessary to protect an ongoing investigation or the privacy or safety of a victim or witness.

But...the MMM place in AA is called The Green Door, and it happens to be on Liberty Street, which is why it comes up when you Google Liberty Greens Michigan. So, likely not related, but good thinking.

but if you look back at her IG, she has a picture of a building on liberty st in ann arbor. the one with pillar spelt on the top floor windows

Unless they find some hardcore DNA or find a credible witness (even that would be difficultl), they won't be able to convict this guy without a confession or a body! Point Blank. If you want to go ahead and drink the kool-aid that's being passed around here then go ahead. The FBI didn't put up the $50,000 reward by MetLife or IGA, she's not an informant, she was not on heroin etc. Let it go!

The caption under her Liberty Greens pic sounds to me as though she wants to start some kind of communal farm situation. As in a shared vision/work organic growing space.

stinkybummer"One day, there will be bees, goats and chickens. There will be an assortment of greens, flowers and herbs. We will learn, laugh and grow together, free to make the best of what we have, working with our hands and sharing our love through food and a sense of community. I'm delighted to share what the next year holds with you all, my heart is filled with so much joy!"

Yes, it's more likely that prints would've been recovered rather than DNA leading to probable cause for the 1st search. The perp may have de-gloved (if wearing them) to go through DS's purse or even to send a text to a friend, just enough to have left prints somewhere in the vehicle or on her belongings found in it. I'm at SAHM but through a mentoring program and substitute teaching have been finger printed multiple times. Just stated that it's much easier to link people through finger printing these days. JMO

I was thinking the same about the hair. My car and coat is covered in it...so if one was wearing a coat that day, as I assume they were, it could've been transferred that way. But that would mean their DNA would have to already have been in a database, right? For them to know where to then go search? Not looking to get into a discussion on that really, just thinking.

Article posted on Find Dani Facebook 10 minutes ago:
Some new information has been shared!
Come back and read the rest after reading the story.
We want to issue a challenge to followers of Find Danielle Stislicki, their friends, and family. We challenge you to add the #finddani hashtag to all of your posts and tweets...regardless of the content. This page has officially reached 4.5 million people. We want to reach more people and get Danielle's face, story, and we want everyone to help! So please add #finddani to all of you posts and tweets, regardless of the content. We need to reach that one person that can make a difference. To do that, we have to reach a LOT more people. Many hundreds of you comment that you feel like Dani is a member of your family. We can tell by your comments that you truly care. We are eternally grateful to you!!!

Security guard's home searched in hunt for missing Michigan woman
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/0...-home-in-hunt-for-missing-michigan-woman.html

Quotes from article:
Forensic testing is being conducted on three vehicles, including Stislicki's, and on the mattress, which was taken Dec. 23 from a home in the neighboring town of Berkley.
The security guard in question worked at the Metlife building until October and was acquainted with Stislicki, according to the official, who declined to provide more details.
At 7 p.m. that evening, all calls to Stislicki's cell phone went immediately to voicemail, according to her family.
Police said "evidence and information" led them to the home of a security guard they believe knows Danielle Stislicki of Farmington Hills, who was last seen on Dec. 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho