MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not. :( I was able to get the state of the car but only because it was out of place for the lot and I specifically told my friend I was on the phone with, "Some guy from _______ is lost."

Do you think it might be possible that the man you saw could have been looking for the person who abducted DS to pick him (and her??) up at IGA? Or would that have been too close in time to her leaving MetLife? Maybe an accomplice?

Do you think it might be possible that the man you saw could have been looking for the person who abducted DS to pick him (and her??) up at IGA? Or would that have been too close in time to her leaving MetLife? Maybe an accomplice?

I don't know. The man I saw seemed to be looking for a specific building and started to abruptly walk toward me before realizing I was on the phone. Once he did, he hopped back in his car and took off at a high rate of speed. Related, I don't know. Out of place and odd, especially given the timeline, absolutely.

Any other locals plan on attending the vigil on Thursday? It'd be cool to connect in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm supposed to work, but I'm hoping to get the evening off so I can attend.

January 9 - LE called about an anonymous tip someone else had called in that related to my encounter. They asked follow up questions, specifically about someone's SM and what the person I saw looked like. They indicated they've received about 180 tips and that my initial phone call and this subsequent follow up have "merit and substance." He told me if I remembered anything else to call back and if they needed more, they would call me.

Snipped- Very interesting. I do have a question for you, because I can't remember if you mentioned it in the beginning. Do you happen to remember if anyone else was nearby when you had this encounter? I'm curious if someone from IGA could have potentially noticed the car or the guy you ran into talking to you. If not, it makes me wonder if he attempted to talk to anyone else at IGA.

I'm thinking along the lines of someone who wasn't familiar with DS (if she was targeted) trying to find her at IGA to bring her back to someone so they wouldn't risk being seen.

Another thought, if LE is going a different direction due to DNA evidence not panning out, maybe this was completely random and it was just some creep targeting women at the IGA. Maybe DS would have been more likely to talk to a stranger and try to help. LE doesn't think DS drove the vehicle, but unless they have some solid witnesses/video placing someone else driving her vehicle, then I think the possibility that DS at least initially made it to the apt. can't be ruled out. I think it's quite possible she drove in and then someone met/grabbed her at IGA and decided to take her out in her vehicle to avoid contaminating their own.

Also, you mentioned you thought it might be a rental. Did you happen to notice any barcodes on the windows? Or maybe what make and model the car was?

If you feel like you're wasting your time, why did you come back to say so?

We're all frustrated, so I understand yours. I think we come up with "cokamamie" theories because even though we don't have access to all details or evidence, we are doing Dani a great service by keeping her story alive. Some of us are passionate about true crime and some of us are passionate about DS and finding her safely. It may seem stupid at times but one idea can jog another idea from someone else which may give LE or family / friends of DS hope or a potential lead that hasn't been thought of or followed up on.

I believe that the best results come from group collaboration, the meeting of minds. If you're truly passionate about something, you're not wasting your time. There are down sides to every passion... even though we lost a sporting match, we don't quit. Or maybe you do because you realize it's just not for you.

JMO

How exactly are posts like this helpful? I believe they are actually against TOS. You may want to review the rules.

If you are tired of reading the same theories, it is ok to quietly step away.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

How is being an arm chair detective any more helpful?

I think both those things were said at different times. I think it first was asked for sighting of her car and who was driving and how many in car and what was her demeanor. Then it was said by mother that she was seen driving her car at 5pm. I don't think it was ever mentioned exactly where sighting occurred. Still asking if anyone noticed her demeanor. I can't remember the last time I may have noticed a person's demeanor while driving in heavy traffic. Unless someone was honking and making gestures or wants to cut into your lane. Maybe others do. I wouldn't randomly pay close attention to looking at individual driving a vehicle unless they deliberately tried to get my attention. Maybe that's what they want to find out about though.

I tend to people watch when I am the passenger but I'm totally focus on the road when I am driving.

Snipped- Very interesting. I do have a question for you, because I can't remember if you mentioned it in the beginning. Do you happen to remember if anyone else was nearby when you had this encounter? I'm curious if someone from IGA could have potentially noticed the car or the guy you ran into talking to you. If not, it makes me wonder if he attempted to talk to anyone else at IGA.

I'm thinking along the lines of someone who wasn't familiar with DS (if she was targeted) trying to find her at IGA to bring her back to someone so they wouldn't risk being seen.

Another thought, if LE is going a different direction due to DNA evidence not panning out, maybe this was completely random and it was just some creep targeting women at the IGA. Maybe DS would have been more likely to talk to a stranger and try to help. LE doesn't think DS drove the vehicle, but unless they have some solid witnesses/video placing someone else driving her vehicle, then I think the possibility that DS at least initially made it to the apt. can't be ruled out. I think it's quite possible she drove in and then someone met/grabbed her at IGA and decided to take her out in her vehicle to avoid contaminating their own.

Also, you mentioned you thought it might be a rental. Did you happen to notice any barcodes on the windows? Or maybe what make and model the car was?

No one was nearby. My parking lot was empty of people and remained so the entire time I was talking to him. Basically the only witness I had to the entire thing was my friend on the phone who heard everything and who offered to validate what was said if LE needed. Some of my neighbors were home but windows were closed and blinds were drawn. It's very rare for anyone in my building to have the blinds facing the parking lot open because that window leads into everyone's bedroom.

I don't know if it was a rental or not but it was definitely out of state plates and definitely not a state neighboring Michigan. I didn't notice any barcodes but then again, I wasn't looking. I don't know the make or the model of the car either, only what type of vehicle it was if that makes sense (i.e. If it was a truck, I would have told LE "It was similar in size to an S10, not a Dodge Ram).

How is being an arm chair detective any more helpful?

It's just a forum for us to talk, brainstorm, and sometimes debate. Some of us are in the field and find it interesting. I don't believe anyone is forcing you to be here.

The phone call I had with LE yesterday was the fifth call I've had. They called to ask more specific questions about my encounter. It's not their first time contacting me though.

December 4 - I called them and spoke with dispatch about my encounter. She took my info and said someone would be calling me right back.

December 5 - I called back in the morning and spoke with dispatch again. They took my statement again and said someone would call. They weren't sure why the person from the previous night said someone would call right back because the detectives were not working Sunday evening.

December 5 - Detective called me in the afternoon and took my statement. He had me repeat the story from start to finish twice and then asked some questions. He asked if I could pick the person out of a crowd and I said yes. He said they would call me back.

December XX (I don't remember the exact date but before the Berkley search) - I called LE and spoke with the same detective from December 5. I indicated that I hadn't heard anything and was still uneasy about my encounter. He indicated they were "relatively positive" my encounter and Danielle's disappearance were NOT related.

December 14 - Berkley search happened. In looking at the person listed as living at the house, it was clear the person I saw and the person possibly being investigated were absolutely not the same person.

January 9 - LE called about an anonymous tip someone else had called in that related to my encounter. They asked follow up questions, specifically about someone's SM and what the person I saw looked like. They indicated they've received about 180 tips and that my initial phone call and this subsequent follow up have "merit and substance." He told me if I remembered anything else to call back and if they needed more, they would call me.

Another call in that related to your encounter...

I really hope fellow WSer's have not made it their duty to call this in based on what we've seen here on WS alone. I really DO hope another person saw something that they can use and put pieces together.

"Hoping" that maybe in some of the results coming back, they are starting to piece together a story, and the people they are questioning are spilling/(slowly releasing) details...maybe a "I'm not going down alone" so now they are looking into the apartment incident more closely...just because we haven't heard, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I'm no detective, but there is a lot of rule breaking going on lately with some of these posts....:scared::gaah:

Another call in that related to your encounter...

I really hope fellow WSer's have not made it their duty to call this in based on what we've seen here on WS alone. I really DO hope another person saw something that they can use and put pieces together.

The information and questions they had were related to a specific person's name and SM page which can't be discussed here so I don't think the tip was from a fellow WSer. From the questions asked, I think they got a tip and may be putting pieces together, were led to someone who matched the description I gave and decided it warranted another call. Like I said, they didn't indicate it was anything but did say it had "merit and substance."

***Disregard*** FDS shared an outdated flier.

"Hoping" that maybe in some of the results coming back, they are starting to piece together a story, and the people they are questioning are spilling/(slowly releasing) details...maybe a "I'm not going down alone" so now they are looking into the apartment incident more closely...just because we haven't heard, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I'm no detective, but there is a lot of rule breaking going on lately with some of these posts....:scared::gaah:

I hope I haven't been breaking any rules! I've been trying to be very careful in what I've said as to not give too many details or releasing too much information. If I am, I'm hoping someone will tell me. :)

I still think the SG was waiting for her IN her car. He would know there aren't cameras and what time would be best to break in her car (likely late afternoon- after lunch but before everyone starts leaving) so no one would see. Then, he just had to wait for her to get off of work, and held her at gunpoint and forced her to drive.

Plausible. I hadn't considered a scenario where he arrives without a car.
But if his intent was to harm her I'm surprised he just didn't wait at her apartment...

I know the rewards had a lot of stipulations. Did one include a time frame that she had to return? Or is it possible to drop the reward if they no longer have reason to believe the crime occurred there?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Whoa! MetLife pulled their reward money?? Are you sure?

I don't think that's the case. The cover photo is from December 8 and I think they were saying to share it because it has many photos and a good description. It doesn't say anywhere in their comment it's the most up to date info.

That is very interesting. I wonder if it will be addressed? Checking the comments so far, it doesn't look like anyone has noticed

I hope I haven't been breaking any rules! I've been trying to be very careful in what I've said as to not give too many details or releasing too much information. If I am, I'm hoping someone will tell me. :)

no rules broken by you, AA. You are a big help.

We all wish there was some more substantial news, and something we could dig our collective sleuthing skills into. Unfortunately, lots of cases seem to drag before a big break appears.

Keep it classy, WS peeps. :dunno:

Exactly... Very distant theory.... However, what if she did have a thing with the SG and they hung out and she left and something went wrong after that??? It's a huge jump, yes... But at this point???

But do you think the theory that a consensual relationship went awry is THAT far-fetched? In a sample size as small as the group in this thread we repeatedly hear people sating "I did this" or "my friend did that" and NO ONE would believe we were capable... It's important to consider any and everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay