MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ith-possession-of-child-*advertiser censored*

This gives a different quote from Nebus. Now, back to Dani. There was more than one search of the SG's home in which the mattress and other items were taken on a second search. This suggests that evidence may have been found in the first search to justify a warrant for the second. They may not have all DNA evidence back or the evidence may not be enough, yet, for an airtight case. It is not unusual in missing persons cases to take months for an arrest, even if a POI is identified somewhat early on.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Well, do some research on Nebus and that case. There are quite a few articles out there on it. I'd link more but my internet is very slow.

As far as follow up 'searches', it's all within the same mandate on the original warrant. Since, it would appear they don't have much to go off of, they might as well thoroughly exhaust what resources they have in regards to evidence collection from a potential person of interest.

I understand the 'standard' for missing persons cases taking months is acceptable under 20th century conditions, but it's 2016/17. There is a digital trail that followed Dani, be it her cell phone, her car, cameras she was near... I find it wholly reprehensible that it should take "months" to find a person when the case was brought to light so soon after her disappearance.

Now that it's gone cold, and the police haven't released any information other than "these were her keys and this is the kind of cell phone" I am thoroughly unimpressed. There is information that won't compromise the investigation that could lead to her whereabouts that is not being released. It angers me.

Who would the 5 people be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profiling humans is dirty work. I wouldn't be able to say without access to intelligence and resources that I do not have.

That said, I wouldn't use kid gloves when dealing with them. I'd make sure they knew the gravity of the situation.

Consensual doesn't fit here. He wouldn't have had to put up some ruse to get her to his house and into his bed. After which she goes missing?

You know me ... Devils advocate ... we don't know he actually did put up any ruse. I believe he did but it's not known. One big question LE has is "did anyone see her driving from ML". They may not know whether there was a ruse either.

Well, do some research on Nebus and that case. There are quite a few articles out there on it. I'd link more but my internet is very slow.

As far as follow up 'searches', it's all within the same mandate on the original warrant. Since, it would appear they don't have much to go off of, they might as well thoroughly exhaust what resources they have in regards to evidence collection from a potential person of interest.

I understand the 'standard' for missing persons cases taking months is acceptable under 20th century conditions, but it's 2016/17. There is a digital trail that followed Dani, be it her cell phone, her car, cameras she was near... I find it wholly reprehensible that it should take "months" to find a person when the case was brought to light so soon after her disappearance.

Now that it's gone cold, and the police haven't released any information other than "these were her keys and this is the kind of cell phone" I am thoroughly unimpressed. There is information that won't compromise the investigation that could lead to her whereabouts that is not being released. It angers me.
I think many can understand the anger. Are you aware that many other agencies have also been involved in the investigation, including FBI, secret service, and I believe 8 others? Surely if Nebus was leading his department astray and not following up on obvious initial evidence (phone records, cameras, etc), someone else may have stepped in or at least assisted?

I think many can understand the anger. Are you aware that many other agencies have also been involved in the investigation, including FBI, secret service, and I believe 8 others? Surely if Nebus was leading his department astray and not following up on obvious initial evidence (phone records, cameras, etc), someone else may have stepped in or at least assisted?

Unless a task force is created, which hasn't, then all it is paperwork being shuffled from one desk to another. FHPD is the lead and Nebus' desk is the only one with all the information available (assuming he's requested the right kind of information).

I know TV shows make three-letter agencies look sexy, but the truth is, they are filled with people doing a 'job' who most likely think about going home most of the day. If the FBI took lead, I might feel a bit better, but my guess is they are just there for forensic support.

Recovering, you got anything or are you just gonna rail against Nebus?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What information is this? It seems like you know something we don't.

You know me ... Devils advocate ... we don't know he actually did put up any ruse. I believe he did but it's not known. One big question LE has is "did anyone see her driving from ML". They may not know whether there was a ruse either.
It's very possible these two were friends or more than.
There is a link for sure.

What information is this? It seems like you know something we don't.

I targeted people in Iraq. Saw the capabilities a field military has in austere conditions. Pretty sure we can do better over here with the amount of resources we have.

That said, the fact a simple timeline hasn't been released says to me Nebus' office doesn't care that much and thinks he will solve it all on his own while keeping his greatest resource (a concerned public) in the dark.

I targeted people in Iraq. Saw the capabilities a field military has in austere conditions. Pretty sure we can do better over here with the amount of resources we have.

That said, the fact a simple timeline hasn't been released says to me Nebus' office doesn't care that much and thinks he will solve it all on his own while keeping his greatest resource (a concerned public) in the dark.

Would he make more recognition if he did it without the publics help? Sorry, I'm trying to understand but don't have much knowledge about how local politics work.

Unless a task force is created, which hasn't, then all it is paperwork being shuffled from one desk to another. FHPD is the lead and Nebus' desk is the only one with all the information available (assuming he's requested the right kind of information).

I know TV shows make three-letter agencies look sexy, but the truth is, they are filled with people doing a 'job' who most likely think about going home most of the day. If the FBI took lead, I might feel a bit better, but my guess is they are just there for forensic support.

What would it take for the FBI to take the led?

Recovering, you got anything or are you just gonna rail against Nebus?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Recovering, may I suggest you get yourself verified?

And all this talk about how the case is handled, while interesting, isn't adding any relevance to how to find Dani.
IMO of course.

Would he make more recognition if he did it without the publics help? Sorry, I'm trying to understand but don't have much knowledge about how local politics work.

There is a prevailing ideology in law enforcement to hide everything they know. There has been cases in the past where loose lips compromised an investigation. The issue is, the case has gone cold with zero arrests. They don't have anything to do at this point but sit on the information they have and hope a tip comes in. That's keystone 100%.

The family is obviously following the advice of law enforcement and not releasing what they know either, even though the mom (who's been the most emotional person when speaking) has given us tidbits in regards to her final texts (a HUGE piece of evidence).

I hate to say it, but they know they're 99% likely dealing with a murder investigation. The chance of finding Dani alive is firmly in 'miracle' territory to the types who run these cases. This is not a hostage situation and it's now about bringing those responsible to justice. If they think they can solve it themselves, well good for them, but the truth is, there is a violent criminal offender on the loose who has felt no heat from the people responsible for catching him. Not good.

Recovering, may I suggest you get yourself verified?

And all this talk about how the case is handled, while interesting, isn't adding any relevance to how to find Dani.
IMO of course.

I feel like it is adding relevance. I don't think we have to just sit here just randomly guessing stuff in order for it to be relevant.

One word: Serial

Wow...that's too bad. I guess that's why people are trying to connect this case to other young white women in the area. What about HT? Does the FBI take led in that?

I feel like it is adding relevance. I don't think we have to just sit here just randomly guessing stuff in order for it to be relevant.

To clarify my comment...I think ANYONE with inside/firsthand/been there done that, etc. knowledge lends an enormous amount of assistance in helping understand a crime. I only think this person should become a VI so that we can take the comments as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895