Found Deceased MI - Douglas Calhoun, 39, Detroit, 1 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family and friends appear to be confirming it was him on Facebook. Awaiting official announcement.

If true, my guess is he was subdued by multiple perps using firearms. I hope we learn why.

Ugh. Poor Doug. It does make me think he was specifically targeted being found in a drum. IMO most t h u g s will just rob/murder and leave the body wherever. The concealment of his body in a drum (if it's him) just has me scratching my head and leaves me to believe there will be lots more to this than simple robbery. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family and friends appear to be confirming it was him on Facebook. Awaiting official announcement.

If true, my guess is he was subdued by multiple perps using firearms. I hope we learn why.
And someone finally spoke up for the reward, I guess. Sad.

The family hasn't confirmed that it's him yet but people are saying RIP on his IG page but they jumped the gun before too. I'm waiting for his sister to confirm on her page. She haven't posted anything today yet

Ugh. Poor Doug. It does make me think he was specifically targeted being found in a drum. IMO most t h u g s will just rob/murder and leave the body wherever. The concealment of his body in a drum (if it's him) just has me scratching my head and leaves me to believe there will be lots more to this than simple robbery. Moo

I keep thinking back to the phone call that AJ received. I wonder if there was a need for Doug to check in in that way because something happened at the club they were at or when they were out. Because, it does seem strange that he would call to say "I'm home. I'm going inside now." -- the phrasing is odd. I don't know either man but it is strange to say that you're going inside your house...you just got home, where else would you go if not inside? I think of why I would specify to a friend that I am home safe and that I'm going to enter my house -- that i was worried that I was followed or that someone was waiting for me. That there was some reason for me to be worried or for my friend to be worried. I understand calling to say you're in safe -- I do it all the time. I usually do it after I've entered my house and locked the door behind me. It seems strange to just stand outside the house and call and say that you're going to go inside now. Why was that necessary?

Did he get home and realise that he wasnt followed, that no one was waiting for him? and therefore let his friend know that there was nothing to worry about.

Something seems off.

And I agree that concealing the body is very personal and doesn't seem random or like robbery was the motive. Even if you dragged the body close to where you committed the crime to hide it just a bit, just to buy you enough time to use the credit cards and strip the car before people get suspicious -- you wouldnt go find a barrel and put the person in it, then find a place to put the barrel. There's so many variables there. So many ways you just made things more complicated and opened yourself to leaving forensic evidence behind as opposed to just leaving the body where the person fell. Hiding the body like that is personal. Very personal. Unless there is something on the body that will be linked directly to you as the killer or that for some reason you don't want the person found in a hurry, then leaving the body out in the open is better I think for a killer, it suggests that the killing was random and the list of suspects is alot longer than if you went and hid the body in a barrel in a house.

i don't know. Alot is strange here.

my reply didn't go through the first time.

I don't usually visit WS on the weekend but family in Detroit who are peripherally connected to some people in Chef Doug's circle called to tell me about the body found yesterday.... Mixed emotions all around but mostly sad that anyone could meet the end of their life this way.

I'm going to just say it. A lot of young black men who go missing don't get the same attention or coverage or concern, often due to the resources LE has, or for many other reasons. I am glad that Doug's story touched as many people as it did here and I hope that we continue to share updates and that justice comes for Doug and all those who knew and loved him. Someone certainly didn't.

So very sad for his family. My heart goes out to them, who will have to learn to live with their pain. May they choose a path that leads to gentle healing and a way to honor all that this man was.

I don't usually visit WS on the weekend but family in Detroit who are peripherally connected to some people in Chef Doug's circle called to tell me about the body found yesterday.... Mixed emotions all around but mostly sad that anyone could meet the end of their life this way.

I'm going to just say it. A lot of young black men who go missing don't get the same attention or coverage or concern, often due to the resources LE has, or for many other reasons. I am glad that Doug's story touched as many people as it did here and I hope that we continue to share updates and that justice comes for Doug and all those who knew and loved him. Someone certainly didn't.

So very sad for his family. My heart goes out to them, who will have to learn to live with their pain. May they choose a path that leads to gentle healing and a way to honor all that this man was.

I actually just looked for more info but only found articles from yesterday. So sad. I hope his family can find peace and LE finds out who did this horrible deed. Justice for Doug!!

I also hope the person who tipped to the location also tipped the names of the people responsible for this.

If a formal identification of the body has not been made yet, why does the family allegedly think it is Doug?

If a formal identification of the body has not been made yet, why does the family allegedly think it is Doug?

Because they probably know more than what LE is willing to say on record and on MSM. IMO

Not sure why, but there is just something extra special about Chef Doug and the thought of him in a barrel is just so sad, horrible and wrong. imo.
http://rollingout.com/2017/07/08/man-found-stuffed-inside-barrel-detroit/
chef-d-pic.jpg
Douglas “Chef Doug” Calhoun (Facebook)

Tips led Detroit police to a lot next to a vacant home on Greydale Street on the city’s west side on the evening of July 7. And what investigators found was a man’s body stuffed inside a barrel.

Police have not identified the body of the man yet or released any details of what happened. However, it is widely believed that the body found is that of beloved Detroit chef, Doug Calhoun

Not sure why, but there is just something extra special about Chef Doug and the thought of him in a barrel is just so sad, horrible and wrong. imo.
http://rollingout.com/2017/07/08/man-found-stuffed-inside-barrel-detroit/
chef-d-pic.jpg

I totally agree. I love watching food network and feel like I could have seen him on chopped or beat bobby flay or any of those shows. Not saying I did but I do have this weird connection here. I'm so terribly sad for his family and I just hope they can get justice for Chef Doug. Such a senseless act. We have to be better humans. This violence has to end. Wish I could fix this F'd up world we live in.

It is his cousin talking on Facebook and apparently it is the clothes that make them believe it is him. His sister won't say anything until the ME announces.

This barrel was found smack in the middle of the west detroit bloods territory. They only leave their rivals in the street - "citizens" are concealed or cleaned up - they aren't idiots. I don't believe this was a one-on-one murder, it would have taken multiple people. I don't even know if I believe it is gang-related even though everything points to that being the case, but won't be surprised if those involved just happen to be affiliated.

thinking of this man today and all those dealing with the aftermath of this man's disappearance. Wishing them all all peace, love and patience for the road ahead.

I wonder why the cousin put it out on facebook on July 9th if it hasn't been confirmed? His RIP post is still there. His sister hasn't posted since the body was found.

still not officially identified but...

Thinking of you today, Chef.

I guess it's official. The friend AJ posted RIP and that he hope whomever did it gets what they deserve. Wow... I don't know Doug but I pray for his family and may he rest well. From what I have gathered he seemed like an awesome guy. RIP Chef Doug

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back