MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

And if anyone wants to see history associated with Eric's case, click about on the left side of the FB page. Eric's full story is there with links to his missing person's profile on different sites, news articles and podcasts. The same can be found on the profile and cover pics and most of the fliers. Eric's mom does a wonderful job running the page

Eric Lee Franks age 38 missing from Saginaw MI March 21, 2011. REWARD $1,000 CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-TIPS
(Updated 9/18/16)
Find Eric Lee Franks FB
VITAL STATISTICS -
Age at Time of Disappearance: 38 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6ft; 175 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Both ears pierced; Left big toe was partially cut off and there is no nail.
Dental - full dentures
DNA - profile in NamUs (link below)

Car - Bronze 2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan OHIO plate EMH4902 Expiration year 2012

CIRCUMSTANCES OF DISAPPEARANCE - Eric Franks has been missing for three years. If he is alive, Eric Franks would be 42 years old, but his family hasn't heard from him in more than three years. Reportedly last seen departing Miller's Motel driving a medium bronze four-door 2001 Chevy Malibu; Eric and his car simply vanished without a trace. That, right now, is the story of Eric Franks, who moved from Ohio to the Bridgeport MI area in late 2010. Eric lived at Miller's Motel in Bridgeport Township. He moved here to be close to his daughter and a former girlfriend. She told police in Ohio that she saw Franks on March 21, 2011, removing his belongings out of his motel room. The motel owner tells a different story about that day. He says he did not see Franks on the date of March 21, 2011. He just saw his girlfriend removing some items from his motel room.

Contact Det/Tpr Hilary House (MI State Police) Direct 989-495-5559
Case number 31-495-13
Michigan State Police Tri-City Post 2402 Salzburg Road Freeland; Michigan 48623
Crime Stoppers Anonymous tip line through the Michigan State Police/Tri-City Post 989-495-5557

NamUs MP # 17348
CUE Center
North American Missing Persons Network
The Charley Project
Project Jason - Missing Man: Eric Franks - MI - 3/21/2011
Eric on MIBSAR MI Backcountry Search & Rescue
PDF Flier direct link
MissingNMurdered BlogTalkRadio show

LostNMissing Video [video=youtu;0g11-7TzLTg]http://youtu.be/0g11-7TzLTg[/video]

Find Eric Lee Franks FB
Where is Eric L Franks?

CURRENT FLIER - SHORT LINK
LONG LINK
Already Gone Podcast - Episode 10: Eric Franks Missing in Michigan 7/1/2016 · 16 minutes - Eric Franks made a trip to Michigan to meet his daughter for the first time. Did he pay the price for wanting a relationship with his only child? Main page

Episode 10 - Eric Franks Missing in Michigan

Listen on Stitcher

__________ NEWS ARTICLES __________

Witness in Mid-Michigan missing persons case dies - By Terry Camp - Posted: Wed 4:25 PM, Sep 14, 2016 - VIDEO AT LINK -

MID-MICHIGAN (WJRT) - (09/14/16) - There is new development in a Mid-Michigan missing persons case that dates back more than five years.....

The last person known to have seen Franks has now died, which could make it difficult to solve this murder mystery.

“A lot of the people that are involved, they moved to Florida, which makes it difficult for our investigation as well,” said Hilary House, of the Michigan State Police.

One of the those people who moved to Florida was Kendra Firmingham, who died late last month of cancer.

“Firmingham was the last person to see Eric Franks alive. She said she saw him leave Miller's Motel in one direction and she went the other. That was the last that anyone had ever seen him,” House said.

The motel owner who befriended Franks told police that Firmingham moved Franks' belongings out of the motel and Franks was not with her. Police believe Firmingham, Franks and Firmingham's husband were involved in a love triangle.

Franks and Kendra Firmingham had a daughter together.
Search continues for man last seen 5 years ago - By Terry Camp - Posted: Tue 4:35 PM, Mar 22, 2016 - Updated: Tue 6:42 PM, Mar 22, 2016

BRIDGEPORT (WJRT) - (03/22/16) - This week marks the five year anniversary of the beginning of a Mid-Michigan mystery.
It was back on March 21, 2011, when a man was last seen at a Bridgeport motel.

Five police agencies have been involved in the investigation as the search for Eric Franks, and possibly his killer, continues.

Police are working on some new leads.

The disappearance of Franks has baffled investigators. It was always possible he could have disappeared on his own will, but his car also has never been found.

“This has been a very puzzling case for us,” said Michigan State Police detective Hilary House.

House is the latest investigator to try to solve the disappearance of Franks. The Ohio man moved to Saginaw County in 2010 after discovering he had a daughter who lived in the Bridgeport area.

“We suspect there may have been a love triangle going on,” House said.

A man who knew Franks has told police that he heard another man threaten to shoot Franks if he didn't stay away from the mother of Franks' daughter. The woman in that suspected love triangle told police she last saw Franks moving out of his Miller Motel room in Bridgeport Township, but the owner of the motel tells a different story.

He told police that Franks didn't move his belongings out of the motel. The mother of Franks' daughter moved his stuff out and Franks was not around.

“There are some witnesses, that their statements are not consistent with each other,” House said.

The woman has since moved to Florida and has been questioned by police.

“We have received newer information that we need to check on,” House said.

House would not elaborate on the new information.

MAP

Eric's mom, could you post a link to Eric's community page? Is it a Facebook page? So there are people who are questioning if the suspect really passed away? Wow. This should be public record I think?? Call the ME office of the town she passed away in and maybe they will be able to tell u if she passed away... or even the local police dept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric's mother has done what she can to see if the GF really did pass away or not. I personally think she did. She had breast cancer that supposedly got to her brain.

And if anyone wants to see history associated with Eric's case, click about on the left side of the FB page. Eric's full story is there with links to his missing person's profile on different sites, news articles and podcasts. The same can be found on the profile and cover pics and most of the fliers. Eric's mom does a wonderful job running the page

Eric Lee Franks age 38 missing from Saginaw MI March 21, 2011. REWARD $1,000 CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-TIPS
(Updated 9/18/16)
Find Eric Lee Franks FB
VITAL STATISTICS -
Age at Time of Disappearance: 38 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6ft; 175 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Both ears pierced; Left big toe was partially cut off and there is no nail.
Dental - full dentures
DNA - profile in NamUs (link below)

Car - Bronze 2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan OHIO plate EMH4902 Expiration year 2012

CIRCUMSTANCES OF DISAPPEARANCE - Eric Franks has been missing for three years. If he is alive, Eric Franks would be 42 years old, but his family hasn't heard from him in more than three years. Reportedly last seen departing Miller's Motel driving a medium bronze four-door 2001 Chevy Malibu; Eric and his car simply vanished without a trace. That, right now, is the story of Eric Franks, who moved from Ohio to the Bridgeport MI area in late 2010. Eric lived at Miller's Motel in Bridgeport Township. He moved here to be close to his daughter and a former girlfriend. She told police in Ohio that she saw Franks on March 21, 2011, removing his belongings out of his motel room. The motel owner tells a different story about that day. He says he did not see Franks on the date of March 21, 2011. He just saw his girlfriend removing some items from his motel room.

Contact Det/Tpr Hilary House (MI State Police) Direct 989-495-5559
Case number 31-495-13
Michigan State Police Tri-City Post 2402 Salzburg Road Freeland; Michigan 48623
Crime Stoppers Anonymous tip line through the Michigan State Police/Tri-City Post 989-495-5557

NamUs MP # 17348
CUE Center
North American Missing Persons Network
The Charley Project
Project Jason - Missing Man: Eric Franks - MI - 3/21/2011
Eric on MIBSAR MI Backcountry Search & Rescue
PDF Flier direct link
MissingNMurdered BlogTalkRadio show

LostNMissing Video [video=youtu;0g11-7TzLTg]http://youtu.be/0g11-7TzLTg[/video]

Find Eric Lee Franks FB
Where is Eric L Franks?

CURRENT FLIER - SHORT LINK
LONG LINK
Already Gone Podcast - Episode 10: Eric Franks Missing in Michigan 7/1/2016 · 16 minutes - Eric Franks made a trip to Michigan to meet his daughter for the first time. Did he pay the price for wanting a relationship with his only child? Main page

Episode 10 - Eric Franks Missing in Michigan

Listen on Stitcher

__________ NEWS ARTICLES __________

Witness in Mid-Michigan missing persons case dies - By Terry Camp - Posted: Wed 4:25 PM, Sep 14, 2016 - VIDEO AT LINK -

MID-MICHIGAN (WJRT) - (09/14/16) - There is new development in a Mid-Michigan missing persons case that dates back more than five years.....

The last person known to have seen Franks has now died, which could make it difficult to solve this murder mystery.

“A lot of the people that are involved, they moved to Florida, which makes it difficult for our investigation as well,” said Hilary House, of the Michigan State Police.

One of the those people who moved to Florida was Kendra Firmingham, who died late last month of cancer.

“Firmingham was the last person to see Eric Franks alive. She said she saw him leave Miller's Motel in one direction and she went the other. That was the last that anyone had ever seen him,” House said.

The motel owner who befriended Franks told police that Firmingham moved Franks' belongings out of the motel and Franks was not with her. Police believe Firmingham, Franks and Firmingham's husband were involved in a love triangle.

Franks and Kendra Firmingham had a daughter together.
Search continues for man last seen 5 years ago - By Terry Camp - Posted: Tue 4:35 PM, Mar 22, 2016 - Updated: Tue 6:42 PM, Mar 22, 2016

BRIDGEPORT (WJRT) - (03/22/16) - This week marks the five year anniversary of the beginning of a Mid-Michigan mystery.
It was back on March 21, 2011, when a man was last seen at a Bridgeport motel.

Five police agencies have been involved in the investigation as the search for Eric Franks, and possibly his killer, continues.

Police are working on some new leads.

The disappearance of Franks has baffled investigators. It was always possible he could have disappeared on his own will, but his car also has never been found.

“This has been a very puzzling case for us,” said Michigan State Police detective Hilary House.

House is the latest investigator to try to solve the disappearance of Franks. The Ohio man moved to Saginaw County in 2010 after discovering he had a daughter who lived in the Bridgeport area.

“We suspect there may have been a love triangle going on,” House said.

A man who knew Franks has told police that he heard another man threaten to shoot Franks if he didn't stay away from the mother of Franks' daughter. The woman in that suspected love triangle told police she last saw Franks moving out of his Miller Motel room in Bridgeport Township, but the owner of the motel tells a different story.

He told police that Franks didn't move his belongings out of the motel. The mother of Franks' daughter moved his stuff out and Franks was not around.

“There are some witnesses, that their statements are not consistent with each other,” House said.

The woman has since moved to Florida and has been questioned by police.

“We have received newer information that we need to check on,” House said.

House would not elaborate on the new information.

MAP

2 more articles that are linked on the fliers, FB wouldn't let me add them all to the about section. They used to be there till FB changed something that only gives me so much space for information there. I'm going to have to work on trying to fit everything.

Witness says missing person was threatened - By Terry Camp -Posted: Fri 5:19 PM, Mar 06, 2015 - Updated: Fri 5:23 PM, Mar 06, 2015
BRIDGPORT TOWNSHIP (WJRT) - (03/06/15) - The disappearance of a Mid-Michigan man and his car has baffled police for years - but some new information could be a new clue in the case.
Four years ago this month, Eric Franks vanished - and so did his car.

ABC12 has learned that the Michigan State Police have recently spoken to a man who says he heard Franks being threatened.

Police have little to go in this missing persons case, but police say a man has given what could be the first credible information on what might have happened to Eric Franks.

The man, who does not want to be identified, says he met Eric Franks in late 2010, at the Miller Motel in Bridgeport Township - where both men were staying.

The man says Franks and the mother of the child did not agree on how or if Franks should become part of the girl's life.

"And they would argue every other day about that, for several hours," he said.

The mother of Franks' child was married to another man. There was tension between the three, and one day in late 2010, the man we spoke with says he heard a threat when the husband of the woman confronted Franks.

"Drove screaming up the motel's driveway, and skidded to a stop, jumped out and started threatening Eric, and ended up telling Eric that he is going to put a bullet in his head if he didn't stop messing around with his wife," the man said.

The man, who has talked to police, says he moved out of the area in 2011, before Franks went missing. He came back to town in June 2012, and saw Franks' picture in a store.

"When I saw that missing person poster in the window, I knew something had happened. There was no reason for him to be missing," the man said.
No sign of Eric Franks, missing for more than 3 years - Posted: Mar 26, 2014 4:12 PM EDT Updated: Mar 26, 2014 5:21 PM EDT (Note- link doesn't work. (Click here to read article)
BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP (WJRT) -

(03/26/14) - Three years ago this month, ABC12 reported on a man who simply vanished along with his car.

Since then, at least five police agencies in Michigan and Ohio have worked on the case, but to this day, his whereabouts remain a mystery.

If he is alive, Eric Franks would be 41 years old, but his family hasn't heard from him in more than three years.

"We have not had any firm leads," said Gary Thomas, of the Michigan State Police.

Vanished - without a trace. That, right now, is the story of Eric Franks, who moved from Ohio to the Bridgeport area in late 2010.

The car he was driving, a Chevy Malibu, is gone too.

Thomas is the latest detective to work on the Franks investigation. He has been in law enforcement for 32 years and he says he's never seen a case quite like this one.

"Normally, a vehicle will show up, or we'll have some input from the community, somebody that thinks they may have seen him or provide some leads, and we virtually have nothing," he said.

Franks lived at Miller's Motel in Bridgeport Township. He moved up her to be close to a former girlfriend. She told police in Ohio that she saw Franks on March 21, 2011, removing his belongings out of his motel room.

"The person who last saw him was a former girlfriend. She has been interviewed, her husband has been interviewed," Thomas said.

The motel owner tells a different story about that day. He says he did not see Franks on the date of March 21, 2011. He just saw his girlfriend removing some items from his motel room.

We spoke with Franks' former girlfriend, who now lives in Florida. She says she believes he is still alive, but it's possible he ran into the wrong group of people.

Meantime, Franks' family, who has searched the Mid-Michigan area for their loved one, is losing hope they will ever find out what happened to him.

"There have been people that have been gone for 10 years at a time, then all of a sudden show up. Me personally, I don't think that is the situation with Mr. Franks," Thomas said.

We also spoke to Franks' mother, Wednesday. She told us the family is offering a reward for any information that could help solve this case.

If you have any information, please call your local police department.

Roselvr, ​thank you for adding all this info. It helps having access to it in many circles. :hug:

Glad ylu were able to stop by, Eric's mo . You know my heart is with you every day, but having your input is always a reinforcement for why we are here and how we became friends. :loveyou:

I know I have not been posting as often here or on Eric's community page in the last few months. I really put a lot into doing what needed to be done to answer questions, gather information of previous communications with people involved in Eric's case including police and family members of those who were with Eric in Michigan as well as be a part of the interviews and filming of "Disappeared". I still do not know the exact airing date , but was told by the Producer that it was finished a few weeks ago except for voice overs. I think I was emotionally and mentally drained for a while . There was a lot for me and others who had valuable input to do to get the truth told and document the information as best we could. I also know the show has prompted some needed action from law enforcement. I hope that continues and that the show helps us to get the whole truth and justice.

Eric's Mom, we know how exhausting this has all been for you and are grateful when you have a moment to just pop in, if only to say hello. Take care of yourself. When you have a date for the Dateline show, let us know. (or someone else here may post it first)

Sending hugs and love your way, every day.

Sending prayers your way

I think it's unlikely to hide a car in the Saginaw area where it wouldn't be found by now unless it was sold to a chop shop, hidden on private property or dumped in a different county or state. The husband may have shady connections to get rid of the car or his relatives own property where he hid it. I listened to the Already Gone and UnFound podcasts. I live in Saginaw btw and never heard about this until now.

Article from Tuesday: http://www.abc12.com/content/news/New-developments-in-2011-missing-persons-case-416750653.html

There are new developments in a missing persons case that began to unfold six years ago Tuesday.

Police are working on at least two fresh leads. One of those leads is a phone number that the cell phone owned by Franks called, a few weeks after he went missing.

House says she has tracked down a person in Phoenix, Arizona, who was contacted by someone using Franks' cell phone, weeks after Franks disappeared.
“We are just trying to locate this person to see if they have any knowledge of the people involved, because that would indicate who had Eric's phone after he went missing,” House said.
Another lead involves an airplane that Firmingham's husband owned, which was sold after Franks vanished. The plane has been found in Mississippi and police there will search it for evidence.
“The body could have been flown to another area and dumped at a remote area,” House said.

If Eric had the title to his car and drivers license with him they could have used those to scrap his car. There are 3 scrap metal recycling businesses within 5 miles of where he was last seen. If a vehicle is sold for scrap does that show on the vehicle history report? I wonder if the police looked into this in 2011? The law requires the records be kept for 3 years so they are probably gone by now.

I know I have not been posting as often here or on Eric's community page in the last few months. I really put a lot into doing what needed to be done to answer questions, gather information of previous communications with people involved in Eric's case including police and family members of those who were with Eric in Michigan as well as be a part of the interviews and filming of "Disappeared". I still do not know the exact airing date , but was told by the Producer that it was finished a few weeks ago except for voice overs. I think I was emotionally and mentally drained for a while . There was a lot for me and others who had valuable input to do to get the truth told and document the information as best we could. I also know the show has prompted some needed action from law enforcement. I hope that continues and that the show helps us to get the whole truth and justice.

What's going on with the Disappeared episode? It's not listed on this season's episode list.
http://tv-seasons.prettyfamous.com/l/498392/Disappeared-Season-8-2017

It's listed on the episodes I search from my tv.. episode airs in May.

• “The One That Got Away” airs Sunday, May 28 at 9/8c
Story of ERIC FRANKS: Missing Since 2011 from Saginaw, Mich.
His mother says the last time she spoke to her son, 38-year-old Eric Franks, he was preparing to move into a new house with his long lost high school girlfriend and the daughter they had together. As months go by without a call to his mother she wonders, is he simply too busy with his new life? Or has something happened to Eric? As the family begins to hear contradictory statements from those who saw Eric last, they become deeply worried. With so much time having passed and scant clues the investigation has little to go on, leaving the family and police struggling to find answers.

https://corporate.discovery.com/dis...ason-premiering-with-milestone-100th-episode/

I think it's unlikely to hide a car in the Saginaw area where it wouldn't be found by now unless it was sold to a chop shop, hidden on private property or dumped in a different county or state. The husband may have shady connections to get rid of the car or his relatives own property where he hid it. I listened to the Already Gone and UnFound podcasts. I live in Saginaw btw and never heard about this until now.

Yes, mct, I believe information we have points to the fact that the man who threatened to shoot Eric does have connections to get rid of Eric's car or to hide it. The police are aware of the connections . Eric's story has been told on Ch 12 WJRT news in Saginaw numerous times since Eric disappeared, thanks to Terry Camp . We also did some other interviews in the area over the years, but Terry Camp has been consistently involved and does updates.

What's going on with the Disappeared episode? It's not listed on this season's episode list.
http://tv-seasons.prettyfamous.com/l/498392/Disappeared-Season-8-2017

Thanks for your interest, Midge Montana. I have not been posting a lot since I am waiting for more to be done by the police and for the episode to air about Eric . Hopefully that will bring even more information. We do have a lot of information and some of it is so incriminating. This is a link to the episode abut Eric on the new season.

https://corporate.discovery.com/dis...ason-premiering-with-milestone-100th-episode/

• “The One That Got Away” airs Sunday, May 28 at 9/8c
Story of ERIC FRANKS: Missing Since 2011 from Saginaw, Mich.
His mother says the last time she spoke to her son, 38-year-old Eric Franks, he was preparing to move into a new house with his long lost high school girlfriend and the daughter they had together. As months go by without a call to his mother she wonders, is he simply too busy with his new life? Or has something happened to Eric? As the family begins to hear contradictory statements from those who saw Eric last, they become deeply worried. With so much time having passed and scant clues the investigation has little to go on, leaving the family and police struggling to find answers.

Thanks, Spellbound. I was just given this link today. We actually do have a lot of information. I know it would be easier to solve if Eric's body , car and belongings had not been hidden or destroyed, but it is still a solvable case. Hopefully, the episode about Eric on "Disappeared" will help bring in new information. People know and people are talking for which we are thankful .

It's listed on the episodes I search from my tv.. episode airs in May.

Thanks, rascal32. I was given this link today. The Producer had emailed me about the airing date earlier, but this link has a little to say about the episode. The Producer said he thought I would be happy with the show. I will be happier if it brings some new information from the people who know what happened and won't talk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back