MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks ! I appreciate those kind comments. There is SO MUCH information. I can not share all I know, but hopefully one day on this side of eternity there will be justice for my son.

I sure hope so! I will be here as long as it takes.... but would rather not be posting my support from a nursing home. I find it somewhat exciting that there are things that you cannot share .... makes me feel progress is surely taking place, even if we can't know it all.

REMINDER: Disappeared "The One That Got Away" ... ERIC FRANKS' story; Inv.Disc. (Comcast Ch111 in my area) Tomorrow night (May 28) 9 pm EST

:bump:

Thoughts on last night's 'Disappeared' episode on Eric?

:bump:

Thoughts on last night's 'Disappeared' episode on Eric?

I'm watching the episode right now and it's so frustrating! It's one of those cases where it's pretty clear what happened, but there's no hard evidence to snag the killers. Reminded me a lot of the Patti Adkins case.

Thanks ! I appreciate those kind comments. There is SO MUCH information. I can not share all I know, but hopefully one day on this side of eternity there will be justice for my son.

I watched the episode last night and I want to say that you are what every Mother should be..........fighting so hard for your son. You and Eric will be in my thoughts and prayers. Lets hope that someone does the right thing for you and Eric and gives up the information that will solve this very sad case.

I thought the program was well done and covered most (if not all) of what we here have known. The more people who see this, the better our chances of getting a tip that brings some closure. I am hopeful this will be a big help to the investigation. Particularly, if people start talking around those who are involved or become suspicious after seeing this and speak up .... I was very glad that the program covers all the states Eric has lived.

Mama JoAnn, you did wonderful, as did your sister and Leah.

I, too, thought the Disappeared episode regarding Eric was very well done. Eric's mother, aunt and good friend really showed what strong women Eric had in his life. I really, really, really this brings forward increased interest in bringing Eric home to them.

Just watched the episode this afternoon here in Kansas City. Pray that the search and investigation continues. My hope would be that this episode brings things back to light and puts some pressure on Jon or Emily to talk. Keep the strength mom.

My wife is originally from Saginaw and I from the nearby town of Auburn. Though we left Michigan mid-2012 to take a job in Kansas City, all family is still there so we are back once or twice a year. I had not heard of this specific case. As locals to the area, we wondered which hotel was Eric staying at in Saginaw? They never mentioned it. Sure feels like Eric could have been baited by the girlfriend to some disclosed location. Makes me sick that his phone was used for salvage yards afterwards, obviously to dispose of the car.

Just watched the episode this afternoon here in Kansas City. Pray that the search and investigation continues. My hope would be that this episode brings things back to light and puts some pressure on Jon or Emily to talk. Keep the strength mom.

My wife is originally from Saginaw and I from the nearby town of Auburn. Though we left Michigan mid-2012 to take a job in Kansas City, all family is still there so we are back once or twice a year. I had not heard of this specific case. As locals to the area, we wondered which hotel was Eric staying at in Saginaw? They never mentioned it. Sure feels like Eric could have been baited by the girlfriend to some disclosed location. Makes me sick that his phone was used for salvage yards afterwards, obviously to dispose of the car.

I am so glad to see more people checking this thread. Welcome aboard, SchroederKC! I live in the SE corner of Michigan, and Bridgeport was our midpoint stop when we traveled north for vacations or to visit family in the Gaylord area.

yiu in may be interested in the following links to help catch you up on this case. we would be grateful for your input or for sharing Eric's story with others.

Property on Airport Rd. Was of interest ... this may be where Kendra had lived?

Find Eric Franks Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks/

The motel was on Dixie Hwy. (see Eric's Mom's post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Twp-21-March-2011-2&p=13076958#post13076958 )

A lot of info from Eric's Mom is at this post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Twp-21-March-2011-2&p=13079021#post13079021

Roselover added more links to the above post here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Twp-21-March-2011-2&p=13079134#post13079134

per this last link, it was Miller Motel in Bridgeport where Eric had stayed.

I'm a day late watching the episode but DVR'ed it so I would not miss it. I think it was a really good episode and they got a lot of the important information. Prayers to Eric's family and friends. I hope this brings someone forward to talk since Kendra has now passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric's mom asked me to stop by, she's very overwhelmed on the FB page; will be by once things slow down.
Link to Eric's episode on Discovery's website. It's also available on demand plus this site. Eric's mom will post others on his FB page if they become available

The motel was Miller's motel.
The show was inaccurate with a few things (his car was taupe, not tan) but over all it told the story in a condensed version. Eric's mom has done a lot to try to get answers and justice for her son. It's obvious they know Eric is not alive. The question is where did they put his remains and car? I personally think they're in a body of water but you never know, it could have gone to the crusher years ago.

Also, they didn't get specific that Eric was moving in with Kendra. When he said he was going to a location with no cell reception, they were fixing up the house they were going to live in. The history is in Thread #1

Kendra's death was found out after she passed or Eric's mom would have made sure LE went to question her. She's getting comments on the FB page asking why she didn't do more that are ticking me off.

Welcome to the thread everyone. If you're not familiar with Eric's case you can go to his FB page, click on about the page, I have the summery of what Eric's mom has done listed there. The only link not there I believe is the show and the podcast Unfound that Eric's mom was on a few months ago. I'm going to try to get it updated, FB only allows me so much text there.

thanks for visiting and updating the info, Roselvr! You and Eric's Mom have done a fantastic job and put much effort into all of this. it is appreciated, and keeps us focused here. I can only imagine the comments she has had to deal with at times, yet people overlook how much she has put into the investigation and what she goes through every day her son remains missing. She has a tough shell that will get her through, along with her faith. I do wish those who criticize would follow the case more closely --- their questions might be answered already.

Seeking Justice for Eric and Eric's Mom!

thanks for visiting and updating the info, Roselvr! You and Eric's Mom have done a fantastic job and put much effort into all of this. it is appreciated, and keeps us focused here. I can only imagine the comments she has had to deal with at times, yet people overlook how much she has put into the investigation and what she goes through every day her son remains missing. She has a tough shell that will get her through, along with her faith. I do wish those who criticize would follow the case more closely --- their questions might be answered already.

It's just very hard for her right now to ignore the rude comments. The person probably never heard of Eric's case until the show, has no clue what Eric's mom has done. The person expected Eric's mom to go beat up Kendra till she talked. lol

Search for key word Eric move by Eric's mom in thread 1 if anyone wants to read some of it.

I haven't been online much since August; my health tanked; then I ended up with mono (I'm 52; its rare for people my age) then I got in a serious car accident last month.

I try to help as much as I can; especially now, after the show. I wish I was in better shape to help more.

Ouch! you have had an over-abundance of bad news lately,Roselvr. I know how mono can be, and a car accident on top of that? It is a wonder you are able to do much of anything. But occasional updates and notes of encouragement can go a long way. I am always glad to see you have been here.

do your best to take care of yourself. I am sorry you have had such a full plate. Sure hope you are mending well. Soft hug, my dear :hug:

Ouch! you have had an over-abundance of bad news lately,Roselvr. I know how mono can be, and a car accident on top of that? It is a wonder you are able to do much of anything. But occasional updates and notes of encouragement can go a long way. I am always glad to see you have been here.

do your best to take care of yourself. I am sorry you have had such a full plate. Sure hope you are mending well. Soft hug, my dear :hug:

Thank you. I have a failed lumbar fusion. The rods and screws give me a lot of pain. I then have 4 herniated disks from my neck to low back; not sure what damage I have from being hit.

I saw an article about mono being linked to Epstein Barr; asked my Dr to test me because I wasn't sure if I had it as a teen; I suffered from swollen tonsils. My GP was shocked to see I had a recent infection of mono. It took my kids months to feel better; I'm 5 months after DX, still exhausted. Hopefully next month will be better

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome .... likely will be forever. Learning to manage the exhaustion is difficult. As for your injuries from the accident, how awful for you. That must have been a terrible accident. I am so sorry for your pain. it makes the exhaustion even more stressful. What a vicious cycle pain and exhaustion can be.

I was not familiar with this story until the episode ran. I certainly hope the show itself and the classy, sensible manner in which Eric's mother, aunt and Leah presented themselves will light a major fire beneath LE. I cannot imagine this frustration. So many lost opportunities by LE and I'm sure there are still loose ends they could be working on. I wish everyone had friends and family like this young man. Prayers from Ohio.

Saw the ID show up to where Mich SP became involved... guilt is so obvious... appears there's been no interview of his daughter. Does she really know Eric is her father? In crimes like this the man will try to get the wife involved so she will tow the line and back him up, do what he says - but he still has to worry should they breakup/fight... LE could offer her immunity... Daughter is in a dangerous position.. Too bad there wasn't a Lt. Joe Kenda involved from the start...

I've been following this case for years. Just saw the episode on TV. Hugs to Eric's mom... I can't imagine being in her shoes.

Does anyone know how Emily is? Was she able to regain her health? Any more contact with her?
Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back