MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I now finished seeing the rest of the ID show - wow! what an unexpected turn of events! So many twists and turns in this case.... but so obvious what took place...
Feel so bad for Eric's mom who has been amazing throughout, and for his family and friends.

I just watched the ID episode Disappeared last evening ( thanks dvr!) first my thoughts & prayers are with you, your family & the friends of Eric's. You seem like such a beautiful person I cannot imagine your pain. I think it's obvious who is responsible for foul play on your son. I hope you can get the answers you so desperately want, need & deserve. I sure wish that the salvage yards would have been investigated more as I feel that's where his car ended up and probably destroyed. May God Bless you always. :heartbeat:

I appreciate that, Spellbound ! I put a lot into all that was involved in the filming of "Disappeared". I appreciate my sister, Debra, and Eric's close friend from high school, Leah, for all they did to make the show a reality. It wThe interview on "Unfound" was not so extensive in what was required. Then I recieved a call from a search team rep that I feel might not have been legit. Too much info was asked for and I would not give out personal info to a stranger over the phone. I always try to talk to anyone who is willing to help find Eric, but this one just didn't set well with me. Something seemed wrong and I never heard back. I was suppose to get an email that never came and there was no more contact. I know other people with missing family have had similar and worse things happen, but I have been fortunate in that area so it was kind of unnerving. I was also contacted by "Crime Watch Daily" wanting to air an episode on Eric. I hope this can be worked out soon. I have also been doing some time consuming art work as a volunteer in my grandsons' home school co op. That was an act of love and so is what I do almost daily to find my son.

Wasn't it mentioned on the show that Erics phone was used to call scape yards? Just a feeling, but I think that was a ruse, sorry to get into gory details, but his killer was faced with having to hide both him and his car and typically when faced with this kind of situation I've seen in cases where the killer drives car with victim into water somewhere...
Perhaps knowing this is done so often, the killer here tries to throw searchers off the trail...

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome .... likely will be forever. Learning to manage the exhaustion is difficult. As for your injuries from the accident, how awful for you. That must have been a terrible accident. I am so sorry for your pain. it makes the exhaustion even more stressful. What a vicious cycle pain and exhaustion can be.

Sorry you're dealing with CFS. Hopefully mine will go away.

Here is the link to the podcast Eric's mom was on: Unfound Podcast in March
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/unfoundpodcast/episodes/2017-03-03T11_32_35-08_00

other links to podcasts and info can be found on the FB page, Find Eric Lee Franks https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Thanks; I spent yesterday trying to get the info in the note posted; it has almost everything in it except one or two news articles.

Once his mom has time I'll have her look it over to see if I have all of the ones by Terry Camp

Wasn't it mentioned on the show that Erics phone was used to call scape yards? Just a feeling, but I think that was a ruse, sorry to get into gory details, but his killer was faced with having to hide both him and his car and typically when faced with this kind of situation I've seen in cases where the killer drives car with victim into water somewhere...
Perhaps knowing this is done so often, the killer here tries to throw searchers off the trail...

I can't multi quote on my cell. We don't know how his daughter is doing.

My opinion has always been he and his car in water. Who knows why scrap yards were called. It could have been them looking for parts.

Yes, salvage yards were called along with auto parts places, pest control places, a surgeon, a drug dealer and Kendra's dentist.Your theory could be right.

:bump:

Thoughts on last night's 'Disappeared' episode on Eric?

Even though some of the dates and details were inaccurate, over all I was pleased with it. I was thankful that Eric's story was covered on a national show. The response on Eric's FB page , on Disappeared's site, in private messaging to me and on my page has been overwhelming ! I have spent my time since the show aired trying to answer questions, correct misunderstandings and fill in the blanks, which I am grateful to Disappeared for giving me that opportunity.

I thought the program was well done and covered most (if not all) of what we here have known. The more people who see this, the better our chances of getting a tip that brings some closure. I am hopeful this will be a big help to the investigation. Particularly, if people start talking around those who are involved or become suspicious after seeing this and speak up .... I was very glad that the program covers all the states Eric has lived.

Mama JoAnn, you did wonderful, as did your sister and Leah.

The show's producer called me last week to say that the show could not use all we had talked about because the police did not verify some of it . Also, of course, time would not allow for all of what we know to be used. Some important information was not brought out,but maybe it will be in another way later on. Crime Watch Daily contacted me wanting to film and air Eric's story, but it may not be worked out with the police to air it right now. Thanks for the nice comment , Spellbound.

So I now finished seeing the rest of the ID show - wow! what an unexpected turn of events! So many twists and turns in this case.... but so obvious what took place...
Feel so bad for Eric's mom who has been amazing throughout, and for his family and friends.

Thanks, Old Steve.

Saw the ID show up to where Mich SP became involved... guilt is so obvious... appears there's been no interview of his daughter. Does she really know Eric is her father? In crimes like this the man will try to get the wife involved so she will tow the line and back him up, do what he says - but he still has to worry should they breakup/fight... LE could offer her immunity... Daughter is in a dangerous position.. Too bad there wasn't a Lt. Joe Kenda involved from the start...

At my insistence when Emily was 16 and her parents were being interviewed, Emily was also interviewed. It was back just after they had moved to Fl and were back to get a few more things, including Kendra's guns I was told by an insider with knowledge . Yes, she knows Eric is her dad. I even talked to her about him and told her he loved her so much and would be there for her if he could , but he is missing. She said she knew he was and she was sorry. Kendra , John's wife, passed away from cancer apparently last year.

I've sampled this forum for years, and posted on other true crime sites for more than a decade, but this case inspired me to register here.

Absolutely outrageous. Disappeared did a fine job. But Disappeared should not be handling this case. It deserves multiple examinations and from the major network programs devoted to true crime, like Dateline. Put some pressure on John and Emily. Keep it there. Badger them. Make every day uncomfortable. Have all their relatives and friends doubting them and shunning them, until the truth is provided.

I'm forever astonished at the difference in caliber between various police jurisdictions, detectives, prosecutors, and others involved in the investigation. That's never obvious upon enter. You have no idea if the greatest team ever will be handling your case, or complete duds. Eric and his family unfortunately were provided lemons, and that's being incredibly kind. Throughout the episode I was thinking Kendra and her clan made so many bonehead mistakes that this would have been solved very easily and quickly somewhere else. Instead, you actually had lazy excuse-laden world class inept detectives with the audacity to make an appearance on the program, taking a bow. They deserved to be verbally flogged by a hardened questioner.

That's a basic problem with so many true crime series in general: They are vehicles for somebody, normally the lead prosecutor, to take a bow in the final minutes, once the guilty verdict is replayed on video.

Eric's mom and her sister were extremely impressive on Disappeared, and on other podcasts and YouTube videos I have watched in recent days. Likewise in the replies here and on Facebook, which I have sampled despite not being a member.

I have to say I believe Eric was killed very early, probably within a few days of his last time seen at the motel. I noted in one video that Eric's mom believes he wasn't killed until April. That doesn't sound logical to me. Limited cell phone availability is short term and sporadic. Eric, if alive, would have found time and place to make those calls. I cringed when I watched the program and later read some of the posts from years ago. It was obvious that the "poor reception" tidbit had thrown a wrench into the family's perspective, and unwittingly enabled Kendra and others far more time than they otherwise would have had, before Eric was reported missing and the authorities involved.

My guess is that Kendra lured Eric and asked him about the million dollars, if it were true that he had inherited a sum like that and had directed it to Emily upon his death. Once Eric innocently provided some sort of positive response -- perhaps multiple times -- then the pea-brained clan had plenty of motivation to carry out their desperate murderous plot. I suspect Eric was already dead and disposed of when Kendra went back to the motel to first clean out his things on March 20th. I realize there are reports of a fire on their property later. I would discount that, unless it was a secondary cleanup. The first act had to be swift.

I would check record from those dates, to see if Kendra or John missed work (if they were employed) and also if Emily missed school. I'm convinced she has to know...mostly everything if not everything.

Those desperate geniuses probably thought it would be a matter of months before they collected in full. Hence the frustration on the phone when they hadn't seen a dollar, and Kendra "couldn't believe" there was nothing to Eric's assertion of an inheritance funneled to his daughter.

Breast cancer is obviously a terrible disease. I never thought I would say or write anything harsh about someone inflicted. But it was disgusting to sample online articles recently with Kendra and Emily hoisted and praised as valiant battlers of the disease, with the press unaware that they were likely aware/involved with a murder a few years earlier.

The press should have been notified and force fed immediately. That was one concern I had, after reading the timeline of this case. Somehow there is doubt/animosity toward the mainstream press these days. Nothing could be more ridiculous or laughable. The press can save and shape cases like this, even if the authorities are lagging or incompetent. Based on Eric's leanings I think he would have understood the value of a strong involved press. And it's still not too late. Emily and John have to live somewhere, and perhaps with a pushy investigative reporter -- or several -- nearby.

Even though some of the dates and details were inaccurate, over all I was pleased with it. I was thankful that Eric's story was covered on a national show. The response on Eric's FB page , on Disappeared's site, in private messaging to me and on my page has been overwhelming ! I have spent my time since the show aired trying to answer questions, correct misunderstandings and fill in the blanks, which I am grateful to Disappeared for giving me that opportunity.
:goodpost: You're a great mom and have done an amazing job!

Old Steve, I am thankful you have joined our discussion.

Awsi Dooger .. Welcome to Eric's thread! New thoughts are needed and you raise good points. I hope you will continue use to follow Eric's case with us.

Glad you were able to find a little time to check in, Eric's Mom! The more TV and news coverage we can get, the sooner we may find Eric. I have been impressed with so many new folks commenting in different media forms. Keep people talking and someone is going to get this moving faster.

I've sampled this forum for years, and posted on other true crime sites for more than a decade, but this case inspired me to register here.

Absolutely outrageous. Disappeared did a fine job. But Disappeared should not be handling this case. It deserves multiple examinations and from the major network programs devoted to true crime, like Dateline. Put some pressure on John and Emily. Keep it there. Badger them. Make every day uncomfortable. Have all their relatives and friends doubting them and shunning them, until the truth is provided.

I'm forever astonished at the difference in caliber between various police jurisdictions, detectives, prosecutors, and others involved in the investigation. That's never obvious upon enter. You have no idea if the greatest team ever will be handling your case, or complete duds. Eric and his family unfortunately were provided lemons, and that's being incredibly kind. Throughout the episode I was thinking Kendra and her clan made so many bonehead mistakes that this would have been solved very easily and quickly somewhere else. Instead, you actually had lazy excuse-laden world class inept detectives with the audacity to make an appearance on the program, taking a bow. They deserved to be verbally flogged by a hardened questioner.

That's a basic problem with so many true crime series in general: They are vehicles for somebody, normally the lead prosecutor, to take a bow in the final minutes, once the guilty verdict is replayed on video.

Eric's mom and her sister were extremely impressive on Disappeared, and on other podcasts and YouTube videos I have watched in recent days. Likewise in the replies here and on Facebook, which I have sampled despite not being a member.

I have to say I believe Eric was killed very early, probably within a few days of his last time seen at the motel. I noted in one video that Eric's mom believes he wasn't killed until April. That doesn't sound logical to me. Limited cell phone availability is short term and sporadic. Eric, if alive, would have found time and place to make those calls. I cringed when I watched the program and later read some of the posts from years ago. It was obvious that the "poor reception" tidbit had thrown a wrench into the family's perspective, and unwittingly enabled Kendra and others far more time than they otherwise would have had, before Eric was reported missing and the authorities involved.

My guess is that Kendra lured Eric and asked him about the million dollars, if it were true that he had inherited a sum like that and had directed it to Emily upon his death. Once Eric innocently provided some sort of positive response -- perhaps multiple times -- then the pea-brained clan had plenty of motivation to carry out their desperate murderous plot. I suspect Eric was already dead and disposed of when Kendra went back to the motel to first clean out his things on March 20th. I realize there are reports of a fire on their property later. I would discount that, unless it was a secondary cleanup. The first act had to be swift.

I would check record from those dates, to see if Kendra or John missed work (if they were employed) and also if Emily missed school. I'm convinced she has to know...mostly everything if not everything.

Those desperate geniuses probably thought it would be a matter of months before they collected in full. Hence the frustration on the phone when they hadn't seen a dollar, and Kendra "couldn't believe" there was nothing to Eric's assertion of an inheritance funneled to his daughter.

Breast cancer is obviously a terrible disease. I never thought I would say or write anything harsh about someone inflicted. But it was disgusting to sample online articles recently with Kendra and Emily hoisted and praised as valiant battlers of the disease, with the press unaware that they were likely aware/involved with a murder a few years earlier.

The press should have been notified and force fed immediately. That was one concern I had, after reading the timeline of this case. Somehow there is doubt/animosity toward the mainstream press these days. Nothing could be more ridiculous or laughable. The press can save and shape cases like this, even if the authorities are lagging or incompetent. Based on Eric's leanings I think he would have understood the value of a strong involved press. And it's still not too late. Emily and John have to live somewhere, and perhaps with a pushy investigative reporter -- or several -- nearby.

I'm just waking up but have a busy day ahead. Waterman was the only cop that's been involved with Eric's case. Sarah Krebs isn't even on his case, knows Eric's mom from Missing in Michigan. She was fill in because no one else would/ could go on the show.

The cancer battle is in thread one starting around 4-24-2014. Cancer is also mentioned in thread 2. You would have to do a search for the word cancer. I tried linking my search results here, the link expires. It was very tragic that she had cancer so young. She probably survived it because of age, she may have had testing like a PET scan where Kendra may not have had one. Both of them had stage 3 of the same cancer from what I remember, the grand daughter is very lucky to be alive with her mother dying from having cancer in her brain, probably spinal column too. I lost a friend to brain cancer in August, she lost the ability to type. If at some point the GF wanted to clear her soul it's possible she couldn't due to it attacking her brain. Too bad she didn't some how give a tip.

Old Steve, I am thankful you have joined our discussion.

Awsi Dooger .. Welcome to Eric's thread! New thoughts are needed and you raise good points. I hope you will continue use to follow Eric's case with us.

Glad you were able to find a little time to check in, Eric's Mom! The more TV and news coverage we can get, the sooner we may find Eric. I have been impressed with so many new folks commenting in different media forms. Keep people talking and someone is going to get this moving faster.
Thanks Spellbout - I always appreciate and need your thoughts, insights, and encouragement along with your good-natured way you write in all the cases you follow!

Thanks Spellbout - I always appreciate and need your thoughts, insights, and encouragement along with your good-natured way you write in all the cases you follow!

aww shucks .. :blushing: Thanks, Old Steve. I appreciate all your posts a lot!

I agree with much of the above post, but I would put all of the pressure on John; I wouldn't pressure Emily. I'm not convinced that John and Kendra would have included Emily in whatever plot they hatched. In fact, they may have planned to kill Emily had she inherited a significant amount of money. If Emily is withholding information, it may out of a misguided sense of loyalty to Kendra and John, not because she was a coconspirator.

Great first post Awsi Dooger! I agree with a lot of this post as well. I agree that whatever happened, happened before she went to pick his things up from the motel. I believe the investigation could have been much better. I can't believe they weren't taken in and interrogated and made to answer for all their lies and shady business. I can't believe warrants were not issued to check their property, vehicles etc. It appears that everyone can basically figure out what happened by putting two and two together but law enforcement didn't really push to find answers. IMO much more should have been done by law enforcement. I hate to say this... but I have also thought his daughter probably knows much more than she's said, but that's just a feeling. Possibly after time passes she might be more forthcoming with family. If she does have info, she would likely try protecting her mother and step father because that's just what kids do. It's very unfortunate that the suspect/ex-girlfriend and daughter were sick with cancer. I believe that K has now had to answer for what she did. Not that it helps find answers, but she has had to face her maker and maybe even Eric as well. I just pray the family gets answers.
Law enforcement still has a job to do and it looks like theirs enough evidence to put pressure on the husband. Have they even tried talking to him again? What are they doing?
It sure seems this case has only gone as far as it has because of the tireless efforts of Eric's mom and family. Kudos to them, I have nothing but respect for his mom who has pushed and prodded and basically done all the work in this investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back