MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Eric had the title to his car and drivers license with him they could have used those to scrap his car. There are 3 scrap metal recycling businesses within 5 miles of where he was last seen. If a vehicle is sold for scrap does that show on the vehicle history report? I wonder if the police looked into this in 2011? The law requires the records be kept for 3 years so they are probably gone by now.

mct, I had the title to Eric's car. In my last phone call to Eric, we discussed the title and sending it to him. He told me not to send anything else to the motel because he was moving out , getting a house, another job and a PO box. He did have his driver's license of course.

The police did look into scrap yard possibilities, but scrap yards are not all honest businesses. I personally called all of the scrap yards in the Saginaw phone book and got various responses, including one that told me if someone brings in a dismantled car on the back of a truck, they will take it with no questions asked. Sgt Waterman had told me that no salvage yard in MI would take a car without a title because of the laws, but obviously not all businesses abide by the law.

Eric's former girlfriend, Kendra, had Eric's phone weeks after she said he left town. Among the several calls she made on his phone, were calls to salvage yards. There were also calls to auto parts places.

Early in the investigation, Sgt Waterman told me that Eric's former girlfriend, Kendra, had Eric's phone and used it to make a personal call to her dentist. She also used it to call salvage yards, auto parts places, pest control places , a surgeon and this woman mentioned in this interview with Terry Camp you posted. The person in AZ was living in Saginaw at the time the phone call to her was made. Sgt Waterman told me some information about the woman that indicates to me an involvement with those connected to Eric's disappearance. People know and people are talking. Hopefully, more people will talk. No one should be protecting someone due to loyalty as a friend or family connections. This is too serious to try to protect someone ! It actually can incriminate the persons withholding information to solve this case.

Thank you for the link! The commentator says this is the longest interview he has ever done for Unfound.

Super job, Eric's Mom!

Thanks, Spellbound. It was a long interview requiring 4 hours on the phone, which I was happy to do. I so appreciated Ed Dentzel for his interest in Eric's case. It caused people to ask questions and that is a good thing. I refuse to just let Eric's case be forgotten. There is enough information that I believe there should have been more action taken long ago. I appreciate what Tpr House is trying to do to solve the case.

Sending prayers your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, rascal32 , for your prayers. This is truly a horror that is impossible to explain . I have dreamed about Eric over the years, sometimes I find his body ( in blue plastic) and sometimes he is alive and we are crying and telling each other we love each other. I have dreamed about him twice lately and he was alive. I wish I had just one little reason to believe he is alive, but I don't . I have numerous reasons to believe he was murdered. It is heart breaking for a mother to have that weighing on her daily.

Eric's Mom, we know how exhausting this has all been for you and are grateful when you have a moment to just pop in, if only to say hello. Take care of yourself. When you have a date for the Dateline show, let us know. (or someone else here may post it first)

Sending hugs and love your way, every day.

I appreciate that, Spellbound ! I put a lot into all that was involved in the filming of "Disappeared". I appreciate my sister, Debra, and Eric's close friend from high school, Leah, for all they did to make the show a reality. It wThe interview on "Unfound" was not so extensive in what was required. Then I recieved a call from a search team rep that I feel might not have been legit. Too much info was asked for and I would not give out personal info to a stranger over the phone. I always try to talk to anyone who is willing to help find Eric, but this one just didn't set well with me. Something seemed wrong and I never heard back. I was suppose to get an email that never came and there was no more contact. I know other people with missing family have had similar and worse things happen, but I have been fortunate in that area so it was kind of unnerving. I was also contacted by "Crime Watch Daily" wanting to air an episode on Eric. I hope this can be worked out soon. I have also been doing some time consuming art work as a volunteer in my grandsons' home school co op. That was an act of love and so is what I do almost daily to find my son.

I don't have much time right now, but wanted to send a :wave: and a :hug: to you, Eric's Mom! It was so nice to see you where today.

I was surprised about your info on the GF calling salvage yards. Yikes!

Be well, my friend.

I had the same problem. You can find the page by putting Eric's name in the search box.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank you, rascal32 , for your prayers. This is truly a horror that is impossible to explain . I have dreamed about Eric over the years, sometimes I find his body ( in blue plastic) and sometimes he is alive and we are crying and telling each other we love each other. I have dreamed about him twice lately and he was alive. I wish I had just one little reason to believe he is alive, but I don't . I have numerous reasons to believe he was murdered. It is heart breaking for a mother to have that weighing on her daily.

It truly is a nightmare and I'm so sorry this happened to your son. I would hope the outcome to be different, but from everything I've read so far you have put together a very good case that really leaves only one question..where can he be found so you can finally put him to rest. I am so amazed at all the work you have done and all the information you gathered. I know Eric must be very proud to have you as his mother, never giving up and always moving toward.

Thanks for your interest, Midge Montana. I have not been posting a lot since I am waiting for more to be done by the police and for the episode to air about Eric . Hopefully that will bring even more information. We do have a lot of information and some of it is so incriminating. This is a link to the episode abut Eric on the new season.

https://corporate.discovery.com/dis...ason-premiering-with-milestone-100th-episode/

Eric's episode is not showing on my DVR. For some reason I only see what the current episode will be, it doesn't show me a few weeks of shows like every other program I watch. I have my cell calendar set for a week in advance so I don't forget to watch it. I hope Crime Watch Daily decides to do a show too.

Eric's story will be featured tomorrow, Sunday , May 28th on NBC's ID (Investigation Discovery) show "Disappeared". 8 pm Central and 9 pm Eastern. It is called "The One That Got Away" because Eric referred to Kendra that way. I hope and pray that this show will cause someone who knows what happened to be honest and brave and speak up. There are likely those in that circle of friends and family that know what happened and I believe some are eye witnesses to what happened to Eric. I spoke just tonight with one of the people in that family and frequently have a message from another. Some of them want to help and want the truth to come out. Some of course are protecting people and some are perhaps intimidated by some involved. We know too much to believe otherwise.

I was contacted by "Crime Watch Daily" several weeks ago wanting to film and air Eric's story. We have talked by phone and been in touch through emails. They have not been able up to this point to get the cooperation they require from the police. Hopefully that will work out in time, but probably not in time for this season's shows.

What are the odds that Eric's car is still sitting in a salvage yard somewhere? I don't know how long cars sit before they're crushed and melted down for scrap metal (if that's actually what happens to them).

That is a possibility. I watched a movie recently where a car was taken to a salvage yard without a title. The owner of the yard said he could not crush it without the title. The woman handed him enough money that he agreed to do it for her. It was crushed as she watched, but that is a movie and might not be the way it happens. I have had to consider all possibilities. I know one of the salvage yard owners in Saginaw told me she would take a car without a title with no questions asked if it was dismantled and came in on the back of a truck. I had the title to Eric's car.

It truly is a nightmare and I'm so sorry this happened to your son. I would hope the outcome to be different, but from everything I've read so far you have put together a very good case that really leaves only one question..where can he be found so you can finally put him to rest. I am so amazed at all the work you have done and all the information you gathered. I know Eric must be very proud to have you as his mother, never giving up and always moving toward.

Thank you ! I have reason to believe perhaps his body was burned. That is based on some witnesses to an event that took place on the property where Eric was probably killed. The evil that walks among us is unthinkable. The people that Eric went to Saginaw to see have never tried to help our family find him. I know why, but if they were totally guiltless and were telling the truth to the police, why would they not want to find Eric? I know a lot and it all points to the same people . Eric was a victim at the hands of those he trusted.

I don't have much time right now, but wanted to send a :wave: and a :hug: to you, Eric's Mom! It was so nice to see you where today.

I was surprised about your info on the GF calling salvage yards. Yikes!

Be well, my friend.

Thanks ! I appreciate those kind comments. There is SO MUCH information. I can not share all I know, but hopefully one day on this side of eternity there will be justice for my son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back