GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any thoughts on whether or not Gentz will testify? I never thought he'd be a reliable witness under any circumstances. I can't see JG handling a sharp cross-examination by the Prosecutor; I think she'll tear him limb from limb :eek: Court resumes in 5 minutes. This should be interesting...

I was about to reply that I didn't think he would testify and here he is, ready to testify. This will be fascinating!

Ms. Lindsey tells court that Gentz attorneys told them during break that Gentz would withdraw affidavit if he was given 6 yrs (instead of 17-28)

Judge"/ phone rang, she answered, said "I am in the middle of a hearing" - she is very angry, I would say

Judge wants a conference in chambers with all lawyers

Ms. Lindsey tells court that Gentz attorneys told them during break that Gentz would withdraw affidavit if he was given 6 yrs (instead of 17-28)

Judge"/ phone rang, she answered, said "I am in the middle of a hearing" - she is very angry, I would say

WTF!!! How is withdrawing the affidavit even related to Gentz' sentence? Obviously, someone is putting JG up to this. He's not smart enough to come up with this notion :rolleyes:

Wow! So if I understand, Joe said he would drop his affidavit that Bashara had nothing to do with the murder in exchange for his plea deal being changed to only 6 years in prison. Prosecution said they did not offer this and will not agree to it. So judge wants to talk to the attorneys in chambers to discuss. When Joe left he looked a little confused as to whether he should testify now since his deal was rejected.

Seems Joe is trying to manipulate the court to get his prison sentence reduced. At this point I wouldn't believe anything he has to say since he has changed his story several times. The judge may have to grant Bashara a new trial.

What a farce!

I agree. I also agree that someone gave Joe this idea, I don't think he has the mentality to come up with it on his own. The problem for the judge is if Joe sticks with his affidavit then Bashara should have a new trial.

Joe's attorney needs to spend time with him and make sure Joe understands the consequences of what he has done. If he sticks with his new story that he lied and Bashara had nothing to do with the murder he could have his plea deal revoked and get a LWOP sentence, the opposite of what he wanted. I wonder if there are any consequences if he admits his affidavit is a lie he told to try to get his sentence reduced.

I said in an earlier post (#50 current thread) that I felt that BB put JG up to this latest stunt (the affidavit). Arm-twisting, bribery, coercion - call it whatever you want, but I feel certain that Bob put Joe up to this. The ploy is going to backfire big-time for one, or both, of them. :moo: The saga continues...

I said in an earlier post (#50 current thread) that I felt that BB put JG up to this latest stunt (the affidavit). Arm-twisting, bribery, coercion - call it whatever you want, but I feel certain that Bob put Joe up to this. The ploy is going to backfire big-time for one, or both, of them. :moo: The saga continues...

I totally agree with this. Gentz did not seem to be understanding what went on in court today. I don't think he realizes the consequences if he is lying. And Bashara is wily enough to have worked through the other prisoners to sway Gentz to change his testimony to say a Bob As not behind the murder plot.

Judge Vonda was certainly exacerbated today, bless her heart.

Gentz doesn’t want to discuss Bashara murder

George Hunter, The Detroit News 10:16 p.m. EDT April 12, 2016

The handyman who confessed to killing Jane Bashara at her husband’s behest changed his mind again Tuesday about whether to testify about the murder.

His appearance in court capped a morning of anticipation about what Gentz would say under oath after changing his story in prison to say he acted alone. He was to testify in Bob Bashara’s effort in Wayne Circuit Court to get a new trial after he was convicted last year of orchestrating his wife’s Jan. 24, 2012, murder.

But after Gentz was brought into the courtroom after a short delay, he said he didn’t want to talk about the murder; instead, he said he would only discuss how he’d allegedly been mistreated by Wayne County prosecutors and Grosse Pointe Park police...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne.../04/12/bashara-back-court-new-trial/82926142/

Gentz can't have an IQ higher than 90. Bashara is a manipulator and a pig. He's never going to change.

On a standard bell curve, with an IQ of 100 being average, 90 would be considered "low average". I doubt JG's IQ is that high; probably more in the 80-85 range.

No way did Joe Gentz come up with the idea for the affidavit, and he surely didn't author it. I feel safe in saying that the affidavit was "master"-minded by Bob Bashara from behind bars. Bob's only goal is to get a new trial and use anyone or any method to get what he wants. If Joe Gentz takes the stand, he will be shredded by the Prosecutor. I'm sure Judge Vonda knows exactly what's going on, and I doubt she wants to see JG manipulated any more than he has already been. :moo:

I also believe this crock was a BB ploy. I'm sure Gentz did as told, for whatever reason, to try and get less jail time. THEN he was given a lawyer to try and clean up the mess.

Judge Vonda shows great sympathy for Gentz. She always expresses concern for his well-being and you can tell she is sincere by the tone of her voice. Likewise, she also gives off the opposite vibes when dealing with "Mr. Bashira." She said that she's ready to rule, and I'm sure she puts zero credibility to that affidavit.

I don't have a link, but I'd estimate Gentz's IQ to be in the 70 range. I'm fairly sure I read it somewhere. He couldn't have come up with this plan on his own.

Gentz scored between 69 and the low-70s on IQ tests. Scores of 69 and lower on IQ tests are classified as mild mental retardation.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/07/joe_gentz_nearly_mentally_reta.html

Thank you for the link. I doubt Gentz has any clue about what is going on here and how he has been (and continues to be) manipulated by BB and/or others. Joe doesn't have the mental acuity to take the stand, and I hope his attorney can help him understand that testifying is not in his best interest.

Thank you for the link. I doubt Gentz has any clue about what is going on here and how he has been (and continues to be) manipulated by BB and/or others. Joe doesn't have the mental acuity to take the stand, and I hope his attorney can help him understand that testifying is not in his best interest.

I actually feel a little sorry for how Genz has been manipulated by people like Bashara. I agree, he has no real understanding of what is going on here.

Does anyone have a link to watch the hearing live streamed today? I can't find it. TIA!

Handyman expected to testify in Bashara bid for retrial

George Hunter, The Detroit News 6:35 a.m. EDT April 21, 2016

Wayne Circuit Judge Vonda Evans said she wants to wrap up the lengthy hearing to determine whether convicted murderer Bob Bashara will be granted a new trial.

“I’m going to set a date for closing arguments, and then I’m ready to rule on this,” the judge said during last week’s proceedings, one of many over the past seven months. “I’m more than ready to rule on this.”

The next chapter in the 4-year-old case: The handyman who told police he killed Jane Bashara at her husband’s behest while he watched is expected Thursday afternoon to testify that his confession was false, and that he acted alone...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...21/handyman-testify-bashara-retrial/83326028/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back