MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell phone was left behind, I don't have a link handy but if I come across I'll post.

She spoke with her fiance shortly before abduction. Around 10, 10:15pm.

Thank you.

I did see where she spoke to her fiance shortly before the abduction.

I just didn't see anything specific about her cell phone being in the store.

Thanks again for the info!

Jumping off both of your posts -- at what point do they decide to release the sketch if everything stays status quo?
This would depend on why they're withholding it, which only they know (not enough detail/too vague, not wanting to tip their hats,..) however time being critical especially these initial hours and first couple of days, there's not much room for error.

Also it doesn't seem like the witness or witnesses in this case will be able to fine tune their description of the suspect so the sketch won't become more detailed. What they have now might be as good as it gets and the public might have to work with what they have.

It's a fine line for LE and I don't envy them, but respect the heck out of them.

yes, hard to know what is going on in this particular case in regards to releasing a suspect drawing...

In Sierra La Mar's case they knew the perp was Antolin Garcia Torres and even had found the car, yet they released a picture of his car to seem as if they were actually looking for it (when in reality they were trying to glean more info on any sightings of the car/tips on the car). Not sure if that could be going on here but I found that interesting in Sierra's case.

sbm

It appears they've added another video on that link so it isn't the one that comes up now.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/missing-woman-case-officially-abduction

Just below the video itself there are 4 thumbnail videos.

The two in the middle right now both blue, have pictures of Jessica as the thumbnail.
Those are the two you want.

The 2nd one started with the owner at about 3:30.

Fresh haircut and a little bleach?

Parted in middle and sandy blond?

Beam me up Scotty! I think I'm seeing things and, did I mention?, have a very active imagination. :eek:

Jumping off both of your posts -- at what point do they decide to release the sketch if everything stays status quo?
This would depend on why they're withholding it, which only they know (not enough detail/too vague, not wanting to tip their hats,..) however time being critical especially these initial hours and first couple of days, there's not much room for error.

Also it doesn't seem like the witness or witnesses in this case will be able to fine tune their description of the suspect so the sketch won't become more detailed. What they have now might be as good as it gets and the public might have to work with what they have.

It's a fine line for LE and I don't envy them, but respect the heck out of them.

I agree with otto, IIRC an early article mentioned LE wasn't confident the sketch was accurate. Let me know if you need a link and I'll go up-thread and look for it.

I think having no sketch is better than an iffy sketch.

From the same article

But the owner isn’t doing enough, according to Heeringa’s friends and family members who rallied outside the building early Monday morning, but were also asked to leave the property.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...gas_stati.html

Absolutely outrageous! I hope they sue him and win. He should be doing everything he can to help and treating Jessica's family like this is a disgrace.

I would never go to that gas station again and I'd be sure to voice that to the whole world, via any avenue I could. Everyone there should be aware of his attitude. A boycott sounds good...just my opinion but if it were here people would be furious.

Thank you.

I did see where she spoke to her fiance shortly before the abduction.

I just didn't see anything specific about her cell phone being in the store.

Thanks again for the info!

I'm sorry I went back to the video link and here's what it said (1:08 in):

Her purse was left behind and she had no cell phone because it was with her fiance.

My apologies!

Missing Norton Shores Woman - YouTube

I'm being forced to go there and BDEyes it's all your fault!
The fiance hasn't been visible. It's always one way or the other; the sig other is either out front and center or seems not to exist.
I've been trying to notice how regular guys act even though it's not an exact science.
Small little bitty observation - fiance referred to Jessica's and his son as "my son". Ownership?
Most appropriate would be words such as, 'our son needs his mother'. The link to the article is a couple pages back.

The fiance was in a videotaped clip on Good Morning America. He seemed very distraught IMO.

I'm being forced to go there and BDEyes it's all your fault!
The fiance hasn't been visible. It's always one way or the other; the sig other is either out front and center or seems not to exist.
I've been trying to notice how regular guys act even though it's not an exact science.
Small little bitty observation - fiance referred to Jessica's and his son as "my son". Ownership?
Most appropriate would be words such as, 'our son needs his mother'. The link to the article is a couple pages back.

I caught that also and thought at first that maybe he had a son in addition to theirs. I did not suspect him at all but it immediately struck me as odd. Now I am going to watch video again but I recall him being thin unlike the description.

The reporter also said in that same video just linked... that the LE said "owner is NOT a POI." :twocents:

Thanks. He sure seems like an unpleasant person though.

Hi, Sorry if I frightened you. your welcome about the links etc.

I read that he did appear in a news video but I have not watched it.

yep, the 1999 case of Katie Porier..... very similar to this case. young woman working late at night gets abducted etc.

What's very interesting in her case, a tooth of hers is what solved the case.

Forensic Files is on HLN on weekends and katie's case is called "Tooth or Consequences". If your able to catch that episode on i'd watch it, they even show the video of her being abducted.

very scary stuff.

I hope Jessica comes home and this case does end up like katie's case.

Here's the link cued up to where the owner is about to speak:

http://youtu.be/e4kGX1F6Wyc?t=3m4s

Poor Jessica. Such a beautiful girl. Her poor child.

Who would ever want to go to that place to buy gas again with that guy acting like that?

Who would ever want to go to that place to buy gas again with that guy acting like that?

not having cameras installed does not explain his defensive behaviour. there's more than that he's hiding.
I felt sick after seeing his interview. it's not good.

Well, IMO, there is no doubt that the gas station owner is guilty of being a SOB.

IMO, MOO, and all that jazz.

yep, it was. I remember watching a Forensic Files episode about this case called "Tooth or Consequences".

It shows her being kidnapped. If anyone has not seen that episode, I believe they replay old FF ones on ID Discovery.

You can also find it if you have internet TV. Netflix has all the ID shows. Hers was I think on Disappeared.

I've searched a few different job boards and there are no jobs posted that match the same description. Perhaps the job wasn't posted on the other boards yet because it was the weekend. I think it's odd that any gas station would post a job on Craigslist. I made a copy of the posting just in case they take it down and someone wants to view it later.

I'd love to see the original ad. I don't find a CL posting for a job odd at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141