MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I shouldn't be laughing but that headline conjured up some crazy images and questions - a real head tilt indeed!

I know it puts a new meaning to "Busted by the cops"!
After my initial shock, I couldn't help but laugh because of how the headline was worded!

OMG..I totally read that wrong!!
I thought the police chief squashed Jessica...and they found her. That scared the crap outta me.

This case has me so jumpy.

I know it puts a new meaning to "Busted by the cops"!
After my initial shock, I couldn't help but laugh because of how the headline was worded!

When I read the headline, I pictured the Chief discovering Jessica in a flattened state as if she was run over by a car or something. Figure the odds!

OMG..I totally read that wrong!!
I thought the police chief squashed Jessica...and they found her. That scared the crap outta me.

This case has me so jumpy.

Always thought the police were sitting on this case, but this is ridiculous ;)

:floorlaugh:

False Posts That Jessica Heeringa Has Been Found Hit Facebook

Chief Shaw spent the day dispelling the rumors and said they hurt both the investigation and the family.

“It’s just something else, now we have to track down and divert attention from our goal to go look into these rumors to find out if they’re true or not,” Chief Shaw told FOX 17 News. “It does cause problems for the family…they get excited that maybe she’s been found and a few hours later, back to reality. That no, she hasn’t been found yet.”

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/06/03/f...heeringa-has-been-found-hit-fb/#ixzz2VC4CW5Xp

Rumors false: Jessica Heeringa not found

The reality is that the police task force is shrinking. Partner agencies are ready to get back into the case if or when solid new leads are uncovered.

He doesn't rule out the possibility of social media being the first outlet to spread true developments in this case, however Shaw says he will continue to inform local media of any big developments by press release as quickly as possible.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/258631/14/Rumors-false-Jessica-Heeringa-not-found

Rumors false: Jessica Heeringa not found

The reality is that the police task force is shrinking. Partner agencies are ready to get back into the case if or when solid new leads are uncovered.

He doesn't rule out the possibility of social media being the first outlet to spread true developments in this case, however Shaw says he will continue to inform local media of any big developments by press release as quickly as possible.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/258631/14/Rumors-false-Jessica-Heeringa-not-found

At this point with the police department scaling back on Jessica's case, it might be more than likely, to me, that social media Would Be the First to Find Jessica!! Shaw does not sound surprised if that were to happen, in my opinion...
Jessica I hope you are found soon, and found safely...........whoever finds you!

Even with punctuation, it's still a terribly written headline. The syntax is all off.

(I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who laughed at it. Sometimes that's all you can do. Hopefully some journalist got a good lesson today about the importance of choosing words with care.)

Hi,
First thank you Chico for getting me up and running on the site.

I first got interested in this case because of the video footage of the unidentified van as I write damage estimates at an auto body shop so I see a lot of cars come through the business and need to be somewhat conscientious about their options and different model designations. After looking at the Homestead video and pausing at the time the vehicle is just passed the light pole I feel pretty confident that there is a license plate/License bracket/novelty plate on the front bumper of the van. What the plate is I do not know. If it is a local van I would think that it would be some kind of novelty or dealership tag since MI only requires rear plate.

Welcome moresunshine!

:welcome6:

:cheer::cheer:

Hi,

I first got interested in this case because of the video footage of the unidentified van as I write damage estimates at an auto body shop so I see a lot of cars come through the business and need to be somewhat conscientious about their options and different model designations. After looking at the Homestead video and pausing at the time the vehicle is just passed the light pole I feel pretty confident that there is a license plate/License bracket/novelty plate on the front bumper of the van. What the plate is I do not know. If it is a local van I would think that it would be some kind of novelty or dealership tag since MI only requires rear plate.

Can someone tell me who this blond guy is or what case y'all are following that he is involved in?

When I first viewed the sketch of the POI in Jessica's case I thought that it could not be accurate...that the way the eyes are so close and the way they fit with the nose on the face...it seemed like a caricature drawing. Now, seeing those features on an actual person is a shock to me.

TAH has a boat I can confirm, and does some work in the holland area...

Friday night, Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw tweeted that the body does not match the description of Jessica Heeringa, who has been missing from Norton Shores since April 26.

From your post cards18

Breaking news...Body found in lake macatawa....ottawa county...

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/258642/14/Body-found-floating-in-Lake-Macatawa

WEST OLIVE, Mich. (WZZM) -- Ottawa County deputies are searching for a Park Township woman missing since Tuesday.

Barbara Joan Westveer, 55, was reported missing Tuesday night by her husband.

The man told investigators his wife had failed to show up for an appointment with him before 12 p.m. Tuesday. After she missed the appointment, the husband checked with family and friends and no one had seen Westveer.

Lt. Mark Bennett with the Ottawa County Sheriff's Department says Westveer's cellphone, purse, keys, medication and car were all left at the couple's home, but there were no apparent signs of a struggle or foul play.

Bennett says one of the issues that concerns investigators is that it appears Westveer left on foot or was picked up by someone else.

More at link

http://hollandzeeland.wzzm13.com/news/news/142123-police-seeking-missing-park-township-woman

Hi,

We have websleuths on the ground in the area who could check out vans for vanity plates in the area on the front bumper. For example cards 18 TAH:banghead::banghead::banghead::seeya::seeya::seeya::floorlaugh:

I have just read all of the posts on this thread and am just coming on board with this case now. How very sad for her family and especially her little boy to have her disappear so mysteriously, with such odd circumstances as the blood behind the gas station and all of the money left behind. I hope her family gets some answers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13