MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about any of the other girls, but I didn't see any risqué pics on Jessica heeringas fb page? I think maybe that's one of the things that has bugged me about this case: she wasn't out partying or walking alone late at night like some who have gone missing, or posting pics...well you've seen em. (not that the others deserved it don't get me wrong), but she was working, providing for her family. she also has a cute little son, who by the looks of it is her lifes joy. he also seems like a very happy, healthy, intelligent kid,; she was obviously a good mother to him. im so sick of hearing about these cases more and more often. we've become such a desensitized society it saddens me.

The family is considered Victims, no bashing, you can discuss them with what we know at this time through the media and law enforcement. We are not going to discuss whether or not the family is doing enough.

:tyou:

I understand. I have nothing else to add here, simply because of my personal feelings about this case, anything I add will be inflammatory. As certain facts have come to light, I can no longer respect what is happening with this investigation. As such, I would feel much better moving on to help in other cases here at WS.
Thank you, imamaze.

it is unusual that they haven't searched for her. but each case is unique--unless its a serial killer--and I do think le knows way more than theyre letting on. in the beginning several agencies were gung ho, and very shortly after it was all quiet. we haven't even heard about the profile that was supposed to be done, unless I missed something. theres a reason though for all this im sure. i truly hope they have good reason, and can bring her home alive. but i have to admit im losing faith in that happening. not totally ignorant to the fact that if they know enough to not search, then they should know enough to bust in and get her! who the hell has her, alqaeda? are they threatening to bomb something important if she is sought?

The longer this case goes on, the weirder it gets. First we had a 10 out of 10 composite, a description of a van that was at the station about the time she disappeared, and a description of clothing the van dude was wearing, and now we have nothing. Not a search, or a belief that she is anything but alive but no reason why anyone would believe that.

I can see it being hard to know WHERE to search since she was seen possibly being shoved in a van (?) and then being driven away, but I've never heard of a case where there wasn't some kind of search somewhere. The only place that's been searched at all was the Exxon station, the night the disappearance occured.

And the family is acting like this is no big deal, like they know where she is or something, and that she's not really missing. (This isn't to bash the family, this is to figure out the clues based on the family's behavior and reactions.) FWIW.

The longer this case goes on, the weirder it gets. First we had a 10 out of 10 composite, a description of a van that was at the station about the time she disappeared, and a description of clothing the van dude was wearing, and now we have nothing. Not a search, or a belief that she is anything but alive but no reason why anyone would believe that.

I can see it being hard to know WHERE to search since she was seen possibly being shoved in a van (?) and then being driven away, but I've never heard of a case where there wasn't some kind of search somewhere. The only place that's been searched at all was the Exxon station, the night the disappearance occured.

And the family is acting like this is no big deal, like they know where she is or something, and that she's not really missing. (This isn't to bash the family, this is to figure out the clues based on the family's behavior and reactions.) FWIW.

Here's the problem I have with discussing if the family is doing enough, doing the right thing, acting like we think they should act, etc.

We have no idea what the family is doing behind the scenes and we certainly don't know if they think its no big deal. They are considered victims here.

I'm going to ask to see if it can be discussed and will let you all know.

Ima

Did anyone mention Sparta? That's where she graduated from high school I believe.

:waitasec: I recall having read early on that Jessica was home-schooled for at least part of high school. Jessica had apparently attended school in or near Muskegon when she lived with her father. Could that have been when JH went to school in Sparta? When she decided to live with SH, Jessica was reportedly home-schooled. Is there confirmation that she graduated?

I remember thinking that it was odd that Jessica would be home-schooled during her high school years as that is unusual. For a variety of reasons, families choose to home-school their children during elementary and/or middle school, but most home-schooled students end up attending regular high schools especially if they plan on going to college.

Not only would I like to see searches being done but how about hiring a private investigator? A group like TES might also be a big help. If it is someone that Jessica was acquainted with or knew-a PI out there digging around into these folks might bring new leads.

I can understand and see the family putting all their trust in LE, at least for a time. There may be many degree's of denial that are harboring the reality. Are there things the family has not dealt with in the past, any forms of addiction, or something they do not want to come to light in the media or with LE that are keeping them complacent? I think there are many families that would trust LE 100% to do their job and wouldn't interfere but at some point, each family would choose to work and search for answers and their loved one in a parallel fashion. When they reach this point of acceptance is probably unique to each family but seems like the stronger family units bolt into action pretty early.

Unfortunately, I do not think that Jessica is alive. The person responsible needs to be brought to justice and Jessica needs to be brought home and laid to rest.

Where are ya Jess?

jmo

I home schooled all my children when they were in the early elementary grades and they then entered public schools. One daughter did choose to do 11th and 12th grade homeschool and graduated through an online program. She went into a tech school and those credits all transfer to a state university, if that helps.

jmo

I found three interesting articles regarding missing blond hair females.

The first article has details concerning six blonde hair females that disappeared during the month of April.

http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2013/05/six-petite-blonde-look-likes-have-gone.html

The second article mentions a common denominator among the missing females involving the use of social media.

http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2013/06/private-eye-kayla-sharrows-view-on.html

The last article will scare the beejeebers out of everyone. :scared:

It mentions the possibility of a predator stalking petite blonde females by using Geo-tagging info from the photos of the missing females posted on social media sites.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...-kidnapped-were-they-geo-tracked-on-facebook/

DH and I were discussing Morgan Harrington last night. While she didn't go missing in April, Morgan was a petite, attractive, blonde college student in Virginia who disappeared at a concert and was later found murdered.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107653&highlight=morgan+harrington

I home schooled all my children when they were in the early elementary grades and they then entered public schools. One daughter did choose to do 11th and 12th grade homeschool and graduated through an online program. She went into a tech school and those credits all transfer to a state university, if that helps.

jmo

I doubt that Jessica attended college as I'm sure that this would have been mentioned by now.

For many years, my husband and I served as judges and mentors for a national academic competition (with local and state competitions leading up to the national finals). We encountered many home-schooled youngsters who participated in the competition that is generally extracurricular or offered as part of gifted/talented programming in schools. There were frequently elementary and middle school-aged home-schooled students but rarely did we see home-schooled high school participants.

I have a question, and that is, how many phones did Jessica Heeringa have? Does anyone know?
In this video that I will link to,
the reporter states......(at the 19 seconds mark)
"It didn't take Norton Shores police long to locate Jessica Heeringa's phone, left inside this Exxon mobile gas station."

http://www.freep.com/VideoNetwork/2...eeringa-search-How-cell-phone-data-could-help

Earlier on, on Websleuths, it was discussed that Jessica's fiancé had their/her cell phone. So, does she have more than one?

This article states:
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/jessica_heeringa_remains_missi.html

"Quail-Dyer can't help but be on edge, he said. He's called every number in the couple's shared cell phone in hopes someone has heard something from her since Friday."

So, did they have 2 phones? How did she contact him when they talked to each other the night that she was abducted? This article states it is a SHARED cell phone. Did she have 2 phones
in her name attached to One account?? This is confusing............

In THIS particular video Jessica's grandmother, Diane Homrich, states at the 47 mark,
"Well, hum, they only had ONE cellphone, so her cellphone was at home with him". (meaning Jessica's fiancé)

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2339572145001/where-is-jessica-heeringa/

So, how many phones does Jessica have?
Her grandmother says ONLY one. The news reporter says Jessica's phone was found at the gas station (video on my post #751)
Did she then have a phone that nobody knew about?
Did Jessica's fiancé arrive at the gas station and that's how the phone got there?
Does she have only one phone and the reporter is mistaken?
Is her grandmother mistaken and Jessica has more than one phone?

I have a question, and that is, how many phones did Jessica Heeringa have? Does anyone know?
In this video that I will link to,
the reporter states......(at the 19 seconds mark)
"It didn't take Norton Shores police long to locate Jessica Heeringa's phone, left inside this Exxon mobile gas station."

http://www.freep.com/VideoNetwork/2...eeringa-search-How-cell-phone-data-could-help

Earlier on, on Websleuths, it was discussed that Jessica's fiancé had their/her cell phone. So, does she have more than one?

This article states:
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/jessica_heeringa_remains_missi.html

"Quail-Dyer can't help but be on edge, he said. He's called every number in the couple's shared cell phone in hopes someone has heard something from her since Friday."

So, did they have 2 phones? How did she contact him when they talked to each other the night that she was abducted? This article states it is a SHARED cell phone. Did she have 2 phones
in her name attached to One account?? This is confusing............

Good sleuthing, great find! I'll stick with the info from Jessica's fiancé - that they shared the cell phone and that Jess didn't have it with her at work because Dakota had it with him. The media doesn't always get it right; that's why there is frequently conflicting information.

Not only would I like to see searches being done but how about hiring a private investigator? A group like TES might also be a big help. If it is someone that Jessica was acquainted with or knew-a PI out there digging around into these folks might bring new leads.

<respectfully snipped>

A local TV station has hired a PI to research the case.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 - #6

Here's the problem I have with discussing if the family is doing enough, doing the right thing, acting like we think they should act, etc.

We have no idea what the family is doing behind the scenes and we certainly don't know if they think its no big deal. They are considered victims here.

I'm going to ask to see if it can be discussed and will let you all know.

Ima

Ima, I'm sorry. I did not mean to be disrespectful. I had a thought in my head and it didn't translate well to my finger tips. Of course, each family reacts differently to the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of their loved one.

What I meant was that sometimes we can get clues from how the family acts or reacts to certain things. In the case of Scott Peterson, he was never a part of the search for Laci and Conner and as we learned, it was because he always knew where they were and he knew it was a waste of his time. We've also had other cases where the murderer inserted himself into the investigation at every level, police interviews, searches, vigils, etc., just to keep close to the investigation so he knew what LE knew and how close they were to catching on to him.

I, in no way meant to say that the family was involved or did something to her. I find it curious that there have been no searches by either LE or the family, and that the family is handling this differently then we've seen on other cases.

Please accept my apology.

I am at a loss to explain so many things in this case. I really want Jessica found for her sake and for her family's sake, but I live here, you know. I want whoever is responsible put away where he can't steal people anymore! This is my home and I don't want to be afraid here. It's one thing to have that vague sense that a predator could be anywhere. It's another to KNOW there is one who is probably within a stone's throw of you, your family, your friends. And you know if someone gets away with this, they are not going to check it off their bucket list and be done with it. They are going to do it again. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Flutterby, I sooooooo know that feeling of having a possible killer in your back yard via Jessica Ridgeway (I was an elementary teacher in Westminster; I resigned / transferred for medical reasons after what happened)...It is absolutely terrifying. I'm afraid it IS truly a possibly very dangerous situation for people in the area bc we know predators don't strike once. Granted this situation is unique in its own way, as are all cases, and there seems less info to go on, but words can not express the trauma of looking over your shoulder, wondering if every person you see could be possibly be "him" (in my case, the fear of tripping over body parts, I still see garbage bags on the side of the road and wonder if there are body parts in them :(...)...Words just can't express the horror and fear (and so many other emotions, the fear for my other students and my friends and neighbor's children...). I am truly traumatized, PTSD, panic attacks, etc...the reality is that I'll probably never be the same again (hence my commitment here at WS)...Time is of such essence to catch whoever is responsible for Jessica's abduction. Who knows what other atrocities he has committed and will do in the future!

There should be a major major manhunt AND VANHUNT going on...I ask again, have we ever gotten the results of the newly, outsourced psychological profile...

Flutterby, sending you prayers that you and all those around you that you are safe from the monster. Sending you power, protection, light...(those are the exact words / prayer my bff sent me in a text when I was freaking out one night).

Flutterby, I sooooooo know that feeling of having a possible killer in your back yard via Jessica Ridgeway (I was an elementary teacher in Westminster; I resigned / transferred for medical reasons after what happened).. It is absolutely terrifying. I'm afraid it IS truly a possibly very dangerous situation for people in the area bc we know predators don't strike once. Granted this situation is unique in its own way, as are all cases, and there seems less info to go on, but words can not express the trauma of looking over your shoulder, wondering if every person you see could be possibly be "him" (in my case, the fear of tripping over body parts, I still see garbage bags on the side of the road and wonder if there are body parts in them :(...)...Words just can't express the horror and fear (and so many other emotions, the fear for my other students and my friends and neighbor's children...). I am truly traumatized, PTSD, panic attacks, etc...the reality is that I'll probably never be the same again (hence my commitment here at WS)...Time is of such essence to catch whoever is responsible for Jessica's abduction. Who knows what other atrocities he has committed and will do in the future.

There should be a major major manhunt going on...I ask again, have we ever gotten the results of the newly, outsourced psychological profile...

Flutterby, sending you prayers that you and all those around you that you are safe from the monster. Sending you power, protection, light....

To the best of my knowledge, the FBI profile has not been released to the media. LE must be keeping this close to the vest like other information that they might have regarding Jessica's disappearance.

Omg, I just remembered something, speaking of VANHUNT <edited to be included in my post above>...

The other night, as I was drifting off, as usual, with my Reader's Digest in front of me, I came across a snippet in the magazine about Town and Country's...

You know how we were talking about how it seemed unusual for a man to own a minivan like the Chrysler, unless of course he had a family or used it as a work vehicle? Well, check this out!

<looking for article / post in progress / standby pls :) / can't seem to find an online version of the article, will have to manually transcribe:>

Reader's Digest, June 2013, pg. 76, under Money Digest.

The Market Gets Manlier
(there is a photo of "manly" grocery basket which includes beer, hot sauce, shaving cream, Laundry Detergent with Drew Brees on it, beef jerky, etc.)

"As more guys push the shopping cart, marketing strategies have shifted to target dudes and dads instead of just the ladies. Here, product pitches that separate the men from the boys:

Grocery Aisles

An ESPN study found that men do 31 percent of the grocery shopping, which is up from about 14 percent in the 1980s. The result: Chain stores like Target and Walmart have launched designated "man aisles" stocked with items geared to the testosterone crowd. A small New York City chain has even incorporated man-centric items into its guy aisle, like hot sauce, beef jerky, batteries and beer.

Lad Laundry

Did you know that Tide is the official detergent of the NFL? Along with Gatorade, Tide has entered into an agreement with all 32 teams and even hired Drew Brees, quarterback for the New Orleans Saints, as its spokesman. Keep an eye out for bottles of Tide with Febreze Freshness bearing his likeness.

Man Vans

Move over, Aston Martin. If James Bond were real and he decided to finally settle down, ad agencies would have you believe that the Chrysler Town and Country S is his car of choice. Available in black to complement its chrome grille, 17-inch wheel inserts, and black-leather interior (steering wheel included), this modern minivan is marketed to men instead of moms.

*Men now outspend women by 20% online.

Sources: ABC News, spokesman.com, autoblog.com, New York Times."

Anyone care to speculate WHY LE would announce that the FBI was doing a profile, and then not release it? Could the FBI still be working on it? How long does something like that take? Could they have come up with nothing useful? If they came up with a profile, what reason could LE have to not release it to the public?

Just one more thing that makes no sense to me.

Ima, I'm sorry. I did not mean to be disrespectful. I had a thought in my head and it didn't translate well to my finger tips. Of course, each family reacts differently to the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of their loved one.

What I meant was that sometimes we can get clues from how the family acts or reacts to certain things. In the case of Scott Peterson, he was never a part of the search for Laci and Conner and as we learned, it was because he always knew where they were and he knew it was a waste of his time. We've also had other cases where the murderer inserted himself into the investigation at every level, police interviews, searches, vigils, etc., just to keep close to the investigation so he knew what LE knew and how close they were to catching on to him.

I, in no way meant to say that the family was involved or did something to her. I find it curious that there have been no searches by either LE or the family, and that the family is handling this differently then we've seen on other cases.

Please accept my apology.

I understand SeaJay and I know you didn't mean it that way. :hug:

Thank you

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics