MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I drive past the Exxon station (I will NEVER go there) it makes me so sad that it's just business as usual for Jessica's former coworkers. I feel it's very possible that some of them know where Jessica is.

I continue to think this as well. Will guilt ever push them to speak up? Time will tell.

bumping for Jessica hope there is a break in the case soon. I still check for updates online about the case every day.

Troy police release sketch of gas station clerk murder suspect

63-year-old Troy gas station clerk found shot to death Saturday afternoon

Author: Dave Bartkowiak Jr. , Online News Editor, @DaveBartko, dbartkowiak@wdiv.com

Published On: Feb 14 2014 12:18:27 PM EST Updated On: Feb 14 2014 12:56:39 PM EST

TROY, Mich. -
Troy gas station clerk shooting Troy police have released a composite sketch of the suspect in the murder of a gas station clerk on Saturday afternoon at the corner of South Boulevard and Rochester Road.

The shooting happened about 1:30 p.m. A gas station customer found the 63-year-old clerk, Athir Putres, of Rochester Hills, dead with a gunshot wound to the head. Two shots were fired inside the gas station, but only one struck the store clerk...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...pect/-/1719418/24485830/-/o44ol7/-/index.html

February 14, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Troy police release sketch in gas station owner slaying

Mike Martindale /The Detroit News

Troy — Police released a composite drawing Friday of the person believed involved in the fatal shooting at a Clark gas station at South Boulevard and Rochester Road last Saturday.

Athir Putres, 63, of Rochester Hills was found behind the counter at the station about 1:30 p.m. by two customers.

Police believe the shooting took place sometime between 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140214/METRO02/302140085#ixzz2tL2qNlZW

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140214/METRO02/302140085#ixzz2tL2C39tg

While not an abduction, the location is very close to home. The international marketplace where I do most of my grocery shopping is directly south of the corner gas station. DH was actually in the market at the time of the shooting along with many other shoppers as the store is always very busy on weekends. He wasn't aware of the incident until we heard about it on the news the following day. I've driven past the service station a couple of times this past week. It is still cordoned with crime scene tape that gives me an eerie feeling. Haven't seen many crime scenes in these parts. We lived in Troy for nearly 20 years and thought that the Oakland County community was very safe.

Jessica's case reminds me of Katie Poirier's case. Katie was working the overnight shift I believe by herself back in 1999, when a RSO came into her store while she was alone and grabbed her by the neck and led her out the store.

unlike, Jessica's case though, they had CCTV cameras in the store.

I really hope this case is solved soon.

Re: My post #283. I forgot to mention that there are no surveillance cameras on the Clark station property. Reports indicate that video was obtained from the corner traffic cameras at the intersection of the two major streets. Evidently, the Norton Shores Exxon is not the only gas station that didn't/doesn't have surveillance cameras. The shooting at the Clark station took place in early afternoon on a busy corner in Troy. I'm surprised that there weren't more witnesses. :moo:

The snow is one foot deep in most places and deeper along the roadside according to local websleuths. Also there are no signs of thawing anywhere.

At 10.00 EST Mlive will be doing a show tonight from a Mi fire station on Jessica Heeringa and Dr Teleka Partrick. I hope they have uncovered some new information on both of these missing ladies.
( the time zone was not given it could be CST!)( Its on fox 17 on line)

New article with video report.

NORTON SHORES, Mich.- The same plea for nearly 10 months: Bring Jessica Heeringa home.

A young mother who police believe was abducted from work is still missing from West Michigan.

Although out of the spotlight, Jessica Heeringa is still fresh on a lot of people’s minds.

“We`re just hoping and hoping, and it’s just a nightmare. Nothing prepares a family for this.” Jessica’s grandma Diane Homrich said.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2014/02/24/m...he-search-for-jessica-heeringa/#ixzz2uJSAWhTD

From the article above...

The Heeringa family says they’ve hired a private investigator with money raised at various fundraisers.
Jessica’s 4-year-old son, Zeven, is no longer in contact with her family. “That just breaks my heart because he’s such a cute little guy and of course he`s our one connection left for Jessie and vice versa,” Homrich said.

So sad :cry:

I saw on the FJH FB page that her son just had his 4th birthday.

Missing in West Michigan: The Search for Jessica Heeringa

Both family and police believe those involved in the disappearance are from the Norton Shores area, that’s why their focus has remains the area around the gas station where Heeringa worked.

The Heeringa family says they’ve hired a private investigator with money raised at various fundraisers.

The snow is one foot deep in most places and deeper along the roadside according to local websleuths. Also there are no signs of thawing anywhere.

I am not sure how local your sources are, but I can barely remember the last time the snow was merely 1 foot deep.

And there was considerable thawing last week. We had 2 warm, rainy days here and lost a lot of snow. It's still over a foot deep though. As of 2/18, we had 121 inches of snowfall this winter. That was a week ago. I don't know how much we've gotten since then. I try to avoid looking at it any more.

The local rumors are flying recently about Jessica's former coworkers and their emotional issues. Let's just hope someone is getting a guilty conscience. If this was a stranger abduction, I don't know if we'll ever find out what happened to Jessica.

I am not sure how local your sources are, but I can barely remember the last time the snow was merely 1 foot deep.

And there was considerable thawing last week. We had 2 warm, rainy days here and lost a lot of snow. It's still over a foot deep though. As of 2/18, we had 121 inches of snowfall this winter. That was a week ago. I don't know how much we've gotten since then. I try to avoid looking at it any more.

The local rumors are flying recently about Jessica's former coworkers and their emotional issues. Let's just hope someone is getting a guilty conscience. If this was a stranger abduction, I don't know if we'll ever find out what happened to Jessica.

I posted this article on the Weather forum a couple of days ago. Winter isn't over yet, and much of the Midwest has had record cold and snow. It is going to be very cold for the next several days which means there won't be much thawing. It will be a while before searches for Jessica (and Teleka Patrick who went missing from Kalamazoo in December) can take place.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/deep-freeze/dont-let-warmth-fool-you-winter-isnt-done-yet-n36706

I don't think that Jessica's abduction was random. I have always maintained that Jessica was taken against her will by someone that she knew. I absolutely believe that there are certain people who know what happened to Jessica, why she was taken, who took her, and her current whereabouts. It's been ten months since Jessica disappeared. It's time for those who know about the abduction to spill the beans. :moo:

In thelast few days there was an abduction of a 10 year old girl. Witness alerted LE and they found him the same day. Unfortunately the girl was all ready dead in his basement.
The abductor DID NOT USE HIS OWN CAR. I guess the witnesses gave a good discription of him as well. The abductor of Jessica may not have used his OWN VEHICLE! LE needs to look at all people that have access to vans in the area.

In thelast few days there was an abduction of a 10 year old girl. Witness alerted LE and they found him the same day. Unfortunately the girl was all ready dead in his basement.
The abductor DID NOT USE HIS OWN CAR. I guess the witnesses gave a good discription of him as well. The abductor of Jessica may not have used his OWN VEHICLE! LE needs to look at all people that have access to vans in the area.

They only found Hailey's abductor so soon because the license plate was remembered by a witness and even then as you said it was too late. There must be thousands of silver vans in the area where would law enforcement start looking. We do not even know for sure if Jessica was taken by away in a silver van or have a license plate of any vehicle she has vanished without a trace.

It is incredibly frustrating there is no news I hope there is a break in the case soon it must be agony for Jessica's family not knowing if she is suffering or dead or alive.

For the record, I never felt that Jessica's co-workers had anything to do with her abduction.

This case reeks of a sexual predator to me.

JMO

So sad that Jessica's son is no longer in contact with his maternal grandparents. I wonder what's behind the estrangement.

So sad that Jessica's son is no longer in contact with his maternal grandparents. I wonder what's behind the estrangement.

They might be protecting the boy from hearing about his mum a lot to so he is not even more upset or confused. It must be very hard from him. I don't know what the best thing to do for a child who has a parent missing.

They only found Hailey's abductor so soon because the license plate was remembered by a witness and even then as you said it was too late. There must be thousands of silver vans in the area where would law enforcement start looking. We do not even know for sure if Jessica was taken by away in a silver van or have a license plate of any vehicle she has vanished without a trace.

It is incredibly frustrating there is no news I hope there is a break in the case soon it must be agony for Jessica's family not knowing if she is suffering or dead or alive.

Such a detailed description of the driver but no one caught the plate?

What I've read is that he feels they will talk bad about him to "Z".. Petty stuff IMO. Find a neutral party

Oh man I had such high hopes this young lady was going to be found because of how soon it was after that she was noticed to have been missing.
This person had to of been a local with a garage. JMO. I hope some answers come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck