MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so wish we would get more info soon! But I would rather the police gather all the info they need to prosecute, if this turns out to be the case. I find it interesting that all of the Justice for Julia" t-shirts made and Julia's obit say her date of death as December 11th, 2012 ( which is the date she was found). Surely the ME has established her time and date of death. But she had not been heard from (and a no show at work) since December 9th, according to published reports. So, did she die on the 11th or before? Maybe her family does not know this info yet either?

I was always going on the premise she went quiet on the night of the 9th. No contact on the 10th was maybe a little unusual, but not enough to worry people that knew her. When that no contact lasted into the 11th her family and friends raised the alarm.

#justiceforjulia

I tend to believe that the "Justice" part of the T-shirts make it pretty clear that homicide is a good answer. Some have speculated that she may have committed suicide or it was drug related - IF that were the case I do not feel the family would be using the term "Justice".

Also, based on the dates that we received service from Julia's father - I can 99.9% sure say that they were not aware of her death on the 10th.

Perhaps the family isnt saying a lot because as the undertaker suggested - the police have told them not to. IF I had any kind of information in regards to one of my children like that, Im not sure that I would be overly trusting of anyone to not "accidentally have spillage of the mouth" and begin talking and perhaps alert the other party that they were on to them???

This link isn't about Julia specifically, but I found it interesting. It's a listing that ranks Michigan colleges by their crime rates. I know there's been a lot of talk about EMU and the neighborhoods surrounding Julia's apartment complex, so I thought I'd post it.

http://www.stateuniversity.com/rank_by_state/safety_score_rank/MI.html

Although this chart is great information - I wouldn't necessarily call it "valid" information as far as safety of the area's where these college's are located. Being from the area I can honestly say that I would feel safer on U of M campus than I would Easterns. And definetly wouldn't say that MSU made me leary.

IF you asked someone to rank safety concerns I would most definetly say that most of us in Michigan would rank Ypsi as probably the most "dangerous" of Ann Arbor, Lansing, and Ypsi - with Ann Arbor being the safest area.

*Side note - I work about 15 minutes from EMU and UofM - and attend MSU so I know the area's well.

Annarbor.com tweeted "Just got an email from Lt. Deric Gress at the YPD. He's meeting with detectives on the apparent homicide of Julia Niswender tomorrow." Posted 1/2/13 @ 4:53 pm

I tend to believe that the "Justice" part of the T-shirts make it pretty clear that homicide is a good answer. Some have speculated that she may have committed suicide or it was drug related - IF that were the case I do not feel the family would be using the term "Justice".

Respectfully <snipped>

Unless Julia had a "dark side" that she kept hidden from her family and friends, there is nothing that I've read in MSM to suggest that this young woman was depressed, much less suicidal. I don't read Facebook and can't speak to the possibility of drug use, but, again, her behaviors don't suggest that she abused drugs of any kind. Geez! Kids were smoking pot in the dorms when DH and I were in college in the late '60s. Surely, most folks here know about the annual Hash Bash :D

If detectives are meeting tomorrow, I'm guessing that the toxicology reports have come back and that we''ll see some movement in the case, and, hopefully, an arrest. :moo:

Annarbor.com tweeted "Just got an email from Lt. Deric Gress at the YPD. He's meeting with detectives on the apparent homicide of Julia Niswender tomorrow." Posted 1/2/13 @ 4:53 pm

Posted 1/2/13? But it's the 4th. I'm confused, nothing new ;)

:seeya:

I was just checking in to see if there is any "new" news about Julia ... and nothing ... :(

JMO ... but from what I read here, I do believe there was "foul play" ... and I hope LE finds out the Truth !

This is truly a sad case ... and it reminds me of "another" case in "another" country where a college student was murdered, by her ... hmmmmmmmm ... roommate ... MOO !

:please: for Julia and her Family !

Wow, that's the university that my son graduated from! I hope the truth will come out about what happened and that whoever was responsible for her death will be punished.

I don't for one second believe Julia would commit suicide.

#JusticeForJulia

@dog.gone.cute ... After a lot of searching, I have figured out one of Julia's roommates that lived with her when she died. Her name is Kortney Marcum. I have searched her FB, Instagram, and Twitter and it seems that she and Julia were good friends. She also seems like a nice person IMO. I still have not figured out who the second roommate was yet.

There was a blonde girl, I believe, in one of Julia's instagram photos that I believed was tagged as a room mate. IDK ... my gut is telling me that she was poisoned. By who? No clue. Her twitter feed pointed at some kind of tension in that apartment. I'm just fascinated as to how she appeared when found for the police to go directly to homicide. Like, what was found in her room? Was she on the floor? They said she showed no signs of injury. :banghead:

Another thing that unnerves me is the roomies calling the cops. Wouldn't the first reaction after not getting in touch with her would be to call the family, especially her sister? Its very odd to me.

I can't find one, maybe start one? Another intriguing case and very similar to Julia's.

I started a thread for Jasmine but then realized there was a thread related to her case :( Anyway, I've asked a mod to merge the two. Toxicology results ARE playing a major role in Jasmine's case too. Very disturbing!!

Okay, back to Julia... sorry for taking up space here :)

I started a thread for Jasmine but then realized there was a thread related to her case :( Anyway, I've asked a mod to merge the two. Toxicology results ARE playing a major role in Jasmine's case too. Very disturbing!!

Okay, back to Julia... sorry for taking up space here :)

Personally.. I can't see how you are wasting space when you are trying to help find missing people and/or cause of death! :seeya:

JMO

Also, Julia's roommate (Kortney Marcum) posted this on twitter on December 14th, 2012 just days after Julia was found dead (just interesting to me): "Moving on. Gotta do what makes me happy!"

BBM: :eek::eek: Whoa ... this IS very interesting that her roommate would post this just days after Julia was found dead -- and -- [possibly ?] murdered.

:waitasec: As I posted earlier, this case reminds me of another case, and I am going to make a "comparison", which is NOT meant to "de-rail" this thread.

When Amanda Knox was on Trial for the murder of her roommate in Perugia, the attorney for the VICTIM, Meredith Kercher's family, asked Amanda a question about her roommate, and here is AK's response:

FM [attorney]: &#8220;Do you think about her in your daily life, do you think about this friend who was with you in your house?&#8221;

A Knox: &#8220;Yes, I remember her. But in the end, I only knew her for one month, and more than anything, I am trying to think how to go forward with my own life.&#8221;

[Translations from TJMK at http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/tjmk/C237/P40/

So ... that "moving on" comment sent up "red flags" IMO ...

Look, I understand "moving on" ... but that comes with time ... Also, how can someone be so cold about the death of their roommate ? JMO, but "normal" would be scared, frightened, trying to help LE FIND the killer, etc ...

Well, I hope there will be an update SOON on Julia's case ...

:please:

:moo:

That is a very strange coincidence!! Creepy. Also...Amanda Knox was ultimately acquitted of that murder. Who knows what Kortney Marcum was referring to when she posted that tweet...could have been referencing a guy? Relationship? But...I do agree that her post seems quite egocentric considering the event that had just happened!! I remember being that age. Everything is drama. It's all about you and your world. Yet...not a single tweet, FB post, or Instagram with anything to do with Julia's death. Odd. Maybe police and/or an attorney advised against it? Just playing devils advocate here and trying to put myself in her shoes.

I'm really hoping for a break in this case.

There are far too many students being found dead in their dorms.

My cousin is a freshman at Central Michigan University where a young girl was poisoned before Xmas. I'm not sure of the exact details but someone tried to get her to drink bleach. I'm only 26 but I can assure you that, indeed, at that age (college age) everything is drama. These girls get too involved with boys and jealously and act in the moment. They don't realize that some "harmless" little prank or a moment of anger has lasting affects. Poor Jasmine.

I'm "new" to this and wanted to try to get more information concerning this case. Julia was a very good friend of mine and yes, I believe it was a homicide. She was so "full of life" , friendly and constantly smiling - she would bring a bit of sunshine into your life as soon as you met her. It seems that LE is not releasing many details but are continuing to investigate this as a possible murder. Lots of questions are unanswered and may be answered once the toxicology report is completed and released. I hope LE is uncovering all the facts to help resolve this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV