MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally dont believe this was a professional hit - I believe that it was someone she knew and knew well.

How could a "amateur" do such a thing as to leave no trauma to the body and yet evidently leave very little evidence for the authorities to follow up on? If this is true (and the police have not been lying to the public) - that there was no trauma, that may explain the trouble the police are having trying to solve this. I can easily see this becoming a cold case in the future.

How could a "amateur" do such a thing as to leave no trauma to the body and yet evidently leave very little evidence for the authorities to follow up on? If this is true (and the police have not been lying to the public) - that there was no trauma, that may explain the trouble the police are having trying to solve this. I can easily see this becoming a cold case in the future.

Although I HATE to use her as an example but Casey Anthony is a pretty darn good example of how someone commit a crime - be an "amateur" get away with it - Just My Opinion :websleuther:

thinking of Julia today and her family and hoping there are some answers soon

As I have seen, the family is trying to raise public awareness by contacting Anderson Cooper and Nancy Grace. Julia had some pictures from a November trip to NY with Anderson Cooper - that's why they are contacting him. I do believe that after 3 months, something has to be done! The way this investigation is going, this will be a cold case soon...............

As I have seen, the family is trying to raise public awareness by contacting Anderson Cooper and Nancy Grace. Julia had some pictures from a November trip to NY with Anderson Cooper - that's why they are contacting him. I do believe that after 3 months, something has to be done! The way this investigation is going, this will be a cold case soon...............

That is a wonderful idea! AC (CNN) and NG (along with other HLN hosts) are currently focused on the trial of Jodi Arias, but if Julia met AC, maybe he'll remember her and will agree to do a segment on the case. National attention might be just the thing to put some pressure on local LE who seem to have come to a standstill in solving this mysterious death.

My thoughts and prayers continue for Julia's family and friends, and I agree that it has been far too long for them to have answers in their the death of their loved one. :rose:

A bit of un-news...on the Justice For Julia FB page, an EMU Professor posted that one of her colleagues that was one of Julia's teachers had mentioned to her that Julia had been absent from class frequently in the few weeks before she was killed. He said that this was very unusual for Julia and worried him. I wonder what was going on? Also, her cousin clarified that the tweet she sent to Julia regarding the roommate poisoning was "nothing really".

There isn't a day goes by that I don't think of Julia.

I decided to look back at the timeline of her twitter from November up to her death.
She tweeted constantly about her forthcoming trip to the 'Cooper' show.
She uploaded a few pics of herself before going, and a few of her soon to be roomies on the trip.
She tweeted about winning dr beats headphones when she got back from New York.
She uploaded lots and lots of pics of herself directly after the trip, until around thanksgiving day where she uploaded a few family pics.
On 26th Nov she tweeted 'Trust no one'.
She then posted a few 'text' pics, which were obviously directed at one individual and most likely her killer.
She only tweeted 5 times in the 9 days we know she was alive in December.

Some thoughts on specifics....
-'I mustache you a question' pic on the 15th Nov - Who were the sisters directing this photo message TO? Also, was Julia left handed?
-The last two pics that Julia uploaded of her and her twin. Who took those pictures? There is a bald black guy in the background. Did he know them?
-Who took the pic 'much needed beer' on the 7th Nov and why is it 'much needed'?? Who is the girl (NY roomie) with the glasses and the skull scarf?

^ I don't follow social media, but based on your "timeline", jellybeanz, it looks like the trip to NYC might have been the catalyst for what would eventually happen to Julia. I hope that LE has investigated and questioned everyone who accompanied the EMU group to New York and who Julia might have interacted with while there. :moo:

There isn't a day goes by that I don't think of Julia.

I decided to look back at the timeline of her twitter from November up to her death.
She tweeted constantly about her forthcoming trip to the 'Cooper' show.
She uploaded a few pics of herself before going, and a few of her soon to be roomies on the trip.
She tweeted about winning dr beats headphones when she got back from New York.
She uploaded lots and lots of pics of herself directly after the trip, until around thanksgiving day where she uploaded a few family pics.
On 26th Nov she tweeted 'Trust no one'.
She then posted a few 'text' pics, which were obviously directed at one individual and most likely her killer.
She only tweeted 5 times in the 9 days we know she was alive in December.

Some thoughts on specifics....
-'I mustache you a question' pic on the 15th Nov - Who were the sisters directing this photo message TO? Also, was Julia left handed?
-The last two pics that Julia uploaded of her and her twin. Who took those pictures? There is a bald black guy in the background. Did he know them?
-Who took the pic 'much needed beer' on the 7th Nov and why is it 'much needed'?? Who is the girl (NY roomie) with the glasses and the skull scarf?

The 'I Mustache You a Question' doesn't raise a red flag. Take it from a 26-year-old, for whatever reason the 'in' thing now is mustaches. They're all over shirts and phone cases ... everyone is saying that phrase these days. Bald black guy in photo? Not a big deal. Much needed beer? This is a college girl we're talking about ;)

Anyone ever notice that Julia had two Instagram accounts? The second one is julia_twin2

Doesn't look like she had used it since last summer...but there are a few creeper messages on her photos :/

I'm very frustrated by the "speed" of this investigation. Very little information has been released by LE and the authorities. I truly believe this may very easily turn into a cold case as an unsolved murder. By now releasing any information, this case is not in the "news" and by this happening, chances of someone coming forward with any "new" or additional information is becoming quite slim. I want nothing more than "Justice for Julia" and I hope that someday I will see that happen. Sorry, but this is just the way I feel. There are too many theories about what exactly happened and only the police have the more detailed information based upon what they found. I'm done trying to figure all of this out and now will just wait for information from the authorities and hope they can solve this and arrest whoever was responsible.

Surely the second toxicology report should be back by now, right? She died in DECEMBER 2012and according to my calendar it's almost April 3013.

I am so impressed with Julia's mom, Kim Turnquist's, grace and thankfulness she portrays through this most difficult time for her and her family...

She supports the work of LE, and the support of EMU, and everyone who has been providing support...

I hope that by reaching out to Anderson Cooper, Ellen Degeneres, and Nancy Grace that some additional coverage for this family's plight will be provided...

:praying:

Posting as this is the same apartment complex and Julia is mentioned in the article.

Victim's daughter: Man killed in Ypsilanti was trying to intervene in lease dispute
The 46-year-old Detroit man killed in Ypsilanti Sunday night was coming to the aid of his 19-year-old daughter who lived at the Peninsular Place apartments with the two suspects, police and family members said.
<snip>

The apartment complex is home to many Eastern Michigan University students. Ypsilanti police are still investigating the case of 23-year-old Julia Niswender, who was found dead of an apparent homicide inside an apartment in the complex last December.

Glinski said both incidents occurring at the complex in such a short time space is "concerning."

More in link: http://annarbor.com/news/crime/victims-family-man-killed-in-ypsilanti-was-trying-to-help-out-daughter-in-lease-dispute/

Posting as this is the same apartment complex and Julia is mentioned in the article.

Victim's daughter: Man killed in Ypsilanti was trying to intervene in lease dispute
The 46-year-old Detroit man killed in Ypsilanti Sunday night was coming to the aid of his 19-year-old daughter who lived at the Peninsular Place apartments with the two suspects, police and family members said.
<snip>

The apartment complex is home to many Eastern Michigan University students. Ypsilanti police are still investigating the case of 23-year-old Julia Niswender, who was found dead of an apparent homicide inside an apartment in the complex last December.

Glinski said both incidents occurring at the complex in such a short time space is "concerning."

More in link: http://annarbor.com/news/crime/victims-family-man-killed-in-ypsilanti-was-trying-to-help-out-daughter-in-lease-dispute/
Wow! ANOTHER death in connection with the Peninsular Place apartments! :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members