MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the news media.....................
Why is it that no one has done a good news article explaining how JT, my daughter (Kim) and my grand daughter Jennifer have not co operated with LE?
If the true story is put in the media, possibly the peer pressure may cause something to happen. If I was a reporter, I'd interview the Ypsilanti police and detectives and then approach the family and tell them that they can say something or nothing at all, but the story is going to press!I can think of numerous questions to ask to all parties concerned but unfortunately my family, JT, KT and Jennifer are not currently talking to me. All I want and the rest of the family wants is Justice for Julia. Let the truth be told and if they tell the truth to LE, possibly the family can be "cleared" and LE can concentrate on someone else as the prime suspect. I am sick and tired of them "lawyering up" on this case. JT needs to provide a formal statement to LE. Heck, bring his lawyer in with him but just get the statement over and done with. The same applies to Kimberly. Let's get things moving again and solve this murder!

I have finished my main contributions to Chelsea's case. As many of you know I analyze aerial maps, and look for patterns and make corresponding suggestions based on a little predictive modeling. Forager is finishing up a map of Julia's case, and I will be studying it soon. I'll look forward to you guys poking holes in what I come up with.

Why is it that no one has done a good news article explaining how JT, my daughter (Kim) and my grand daughter Jennifer have not co operated with LE?
If the true story is put in the media, possibly the peer pressure may cause something to happen. If I was a reporter, I'd interview the Ypsilanti police and detectives and then approach the family and tell them that they can say something or nothing at all, but the story is going to press!I can think of numerous questions to ask to all parties concerned but unfortunately my family, JT, KT and Jennifer are not currently talking to me. All I want and the rest of the family wants is Justice for Julia. Let the truth be told and if they tell the truth to LE, possibly the family can be "cleared" and LE can concentrate on someone else as the prime suspect. I am sick and tired of them "lawyering up" on this case. Let's get things moving and solve this murder!

This is an *excellent* suggestion, and I'm sure Mr. Turnquist would jump at the chance to clear his name. I think maybe the Dr. Phil show might pick this one up, and bring the FBI polygrapher. I believe this case has all the elements that might be very appealing to the Dr. Phil producers...

If the true story is put in the media, possibly the peer pressure may cause something to happen. If I was a reporter, I'd interview the Ypsilanti police and detectives and then approach the family and tell them that they can say something or nothing at all, but the story is going to press!I can think of numerous questions to ask to all parties concerned but unfortunately my family, JT, KT and Jennifer are not currently talking to me. All I want and the rest of the family wants is Justice for Julia. Let the truth be told and if they tell the truth to LE, possibly the family can be "cleared" and LE can concentrate on someone else as the prime suspect. I am sick and tired of them "lawyering up" on this case. JT needs to provide a formal statement to LE. Heck, bring his lawyer in with him but just get the statement over and done with. The same applies to Kimberly. Let's get things moving again and solve this murder!

Agreed...we have little information in order to put a timeline together. If we can piece together a timeline starting with those closest to Julia: roommates, JT, KT, and Julia, we could narrow down a time frame of "missing" hours. Their cooperation is essential. This would also clear up any doubt or confusion. If you have nothing to hide, then why not make a formal statement. Unless their is no hard alibi...

Well, you could go to LE and ask them for the list of questions they would like JT and his family to answer.
I am not sure if LE would cooperate though.

Even if they went to bed that night, something simple like a home security system being turned on (or off if someone left and came back in) would possibly help confirm an alibi, as the security system would have record of this. No?

O.K., just took a quick look at Julia's map that Forager is still putting the finishing touches on. BTW, he is genius!
Thank you Forager!

A few quick questions, some I've already asked, but have forgotten the details:

1. What is the usual route from Monroe to the university? How long does it take?
2. What events typically transpire at the Michigan stadium? What events were held the weekend Julia passed over? (If you tell me a martial arts exhibition I will faint)
3. You must have a lot of "briars" in MI, because I note there is a "Briarwood Mall" close by the university. I noticed it because Chelsea was found on Briar Hill.... What businesses are at the Briarwood mall?

Those are my first take questions....more to follow

O.K., just took a quick look at Julia's map that Forager is still putting the finishing touches on. BTW, he is genius!
Thank you Forager!

1. What is the usual route from Monroe to the university? How long does it take?
2. What events typically transpire at the Michigan stadium? What events were held the weekend Julia passed over? (If you tell me a martial arts exhibition I will faint)
3. You must have a lot of "briars" in MI, because I note there is a "Briarwood Mall" close by the university. I noticed it because Chelsea was found on Briar Hill.... What businesses are at the Briarwood mall?

Make sure not to confuse University of Michigan in Ann Arbor to Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti. Your points 2 and 3 involve U of M, not EMU.

Thank you Forager!

I would assume someone from
Monroe would take 275 north to 94 west and you would then reach EMU CAMPUS. that would be the most direct route from my experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree...most would take 50 to 23.

Agree. Guess it would depend how far south you were. I'm near Monroe but i wouldn't drive to 50 because it takes me too much out of the way going south then west to go north again. But also another route to consider, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure not to confuse University of Michigan in Ann Arbor to Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti. Your points 2 and 3 involve U of M, not EMU.

o.k. thanks, but they are still within proximity of Julia's dorm and stand out for me.

Of particular interest, I want to know all major sporting and concert events that transpired that Sat & Sunday anywhere in that vicinity. The Michigan stadium is the big stand out for me. If anyone has an easy way to figure that out, please holler. Otherwise, I'll start digging.

This is an *excellent* suggestion, and I'm sure Mr. Turnquist would jump at the chance to clear his name. I think maybe the Dr. Phil show might pick this one up, and bring the FBI polygrapher. I believe this case has all the elements that might be very appealing to the Dr. Phil producers...

It's too bad this could not happen. I'm sure JT's lawyer would not allow him to do this!

Trojan1966, I have no way to really know this, so please take this as a shoot from the hip response that may be wrong, but it seems to me, often media will be timid due to legal considerations, as you see with LE as well, or if they don't find a good hook. Julia's murder is tragic on a level of wrong that most media may shy away until a pack forms around a notion, right or wrong, and get momentum to move the story forward, based on facts one hopes. The fact that Turnquist hasn't given a complete statement to LE is extremely uncomfortable and implicating, as far as the law goes. In the court of public opinion? That turns on a dime, it seems to me, unpredictably.

May this investigation move ahead exactly as Julia would have it, Trojan1966, complete justice.

Thank you Forager!

those are my first take questions....more to follow[/QUOTE]

1. I would take US-24 north from Monroe to I-275 then I-94 west to Ypsilanti. (route from her grandma's house to her apartment). I do know she has taken M-50 west from Monroe to US-23 then in to Ypsilanti. I think alot would depend on the weather in the winter. My first option seems to be plowed and salted earlier than the M-50/US-23 option. M-50 has stretches of "open" farmland and tends to have snow drifts in the winter. These are my feelings about the roads. It's a 45 min to an hour depending upon traffic and weather.
2. Not sure about other events. The U of M plays football on Saturdays during the normal college season at Michigan stadium, then right next door to the stadium is an Crisler arena that has U of M basketball then not far away is Yost arena for college ice hockey. These are quite aways from Julia's apartment.
3. Here's the website for the Briarwood mall : http://www.simon.com/mall/briarwood-mall/map
This mall is about 9 miles from Julia's apartment. I don't believe she went there often if at all.

Trojan1966

Thank you Forager!

I live near Michigan Stadium. Football season would have been over by this time. There were no other events held at Michigan Stadium at that time. From Michigan Stadium to Julia's apartment complex going through town during the day time (traffic etc.) would probably take me 25-30 minutes (or longer!). At night probably 15-20 minutes. Briarwood Mall is just a shopping mall. It's right next to 94. The culture of Ann Arbor is distinctly different than that of Ypsilanti. I think it would be a stretch to include a radius that big. If you look at Ann Arbor, then you would also need to go the other direction and include Canton, Belleville, and Willis. I attended EMU about 10 years ago, and in my opinion EMU has a really great campus. This is coming from someone born and raised in Ann Arbor ;) I never felt unsafe on EMU's campus. However, once you cross the street and go "off-campus", well it's surrounded by lots of sketchy places. If I were a student of drinking age, I would definitely have partied/hung out in Ypsilanti's 'Depot Town' which would have been closest to her apartments. A small historic oasis in the middle of a not so great residential area. It's just a strip of bars, restaurants, pool hall, tattoo parlor, a Peoples Food Co-Op and on the weekend during the Spring/Summer a Farmer's Market etc. The train tracks also run through Depot Town.

o.k. thanks, but they are still within proximity of Julia's dorm and stand out for me.

Of particular interest, I want to know all major sporting and concert events that transpired that Sat & Sunday anywhere in that vicinity. The Michigan stadium is the big stand out for me. If anyone has an easy way to figure that out, please holler. Otherwise, I'll start digging.

Michigan Stadium - aka "the Big House" - is an outdoor venue that doesn't host many events during the winter. U of M football season ended prior to Julia's untimely passing.

Putting this in as a marker for myself. I missed all of yesterday staring at the wrong thread, wondering why nothing was happening. Sorry. I can find things on a map, and I've even figured out how to spell Ypsilanti, but navigating Websleuths is still a challenge for me. I'll be back this afternoon.

You do fantastic stuff for us, Forager! You will catch on to WS quickly. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState