MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, Julia and Jennifer both worked at Electric Beach Tanning Salon, not a nail salon. The only connection between Julia and Chelsea is that their sisters are best friends. As far as I know, Julia did not socialize with Chelsea but did casually know her.

O.K., I am still trying to get my sea legs on this thread. It's so complex and mind blowing when you thread the Jennifer/Kassie best friend angle in.

Then what your saying Trojan, is that if Chelsea wasn't really friends with the Bruck girls (knew them, but just acquaintance), then *Jennifer* is the common denominator, not Julia or Chelsea. That truly changes my line of thinking, but I'm not sure how yet.
Two *best friends* EACH have one of their sisters murdered. How in heaven's name can that not be connected?

I need to sit here and just ponder on this some more.

This is just the type of stuff I'm looking for - THANK YOU. I will start examining it shortly.
And more questions; really need a local who knows the area where she was living:

1. What are some of the big landmarks/hotspots/hangouts within a 10 mile radius of where she was living?
2. Where were the "don't go there" danger areas within a 10 mile radius of where she was living?
3. Her apartment is butted right up against Huron river and a damn. Did people ever recreate on that river in that area? If so, what?
4. The buildings across the river, but directly behind Julia's place; (between Leforge & Green) - what are they? Apartments?
5. Her job at Walmart seemed quite a distance from where she lived?

General questions:
1. In the year leading up to her death, did Julia have any friendships (male or female) that had ended on a sour note?
2. Julia's apartment - have all facilities people, gardners, anyone doing maintainence at the building been questioned? Anyone quit soon after her death?
3. Why was Julia still staying at her grandmother's (when she did), vs. hanging out with her twin at Turnquist's house?
4. What stands out as being things both Julia and Chelsea Bruck had in common? (Obviously they were both from Monroe). Did they: -go to the same church, have the same dentist, doctor, play the same sport, go to same hang outs, have mutual friends, etc. What was the *same* with both girls?

Timing: one girl was murdered in late October, one in early December. I would *strongly* suggest that the dates of these murders be evaluated against any important events in the lives of any POI. Was it the "anniversary" of something?

What was the next key event coming up in Julia's life? What was the last key event she had just accomplished? Did she accomplish that event at the expense of another? Did she "win" while someone else "lost"?

Was it reported that Julia was her usual happy self just prior to the murder, or, had there been a recent change in her behavior?
Who was her confidante; Jennifer? If so, what is Jennifer's theory on who murdered her twin?

These are just the questions I am examining for starts....
Thanks in advance if anyone knows any of this information.

About the area: EMU Campus and surrounding area has some pretty distinct groups of people IMO...the student population that lives "off campus", working class families, and low-income section 8 housing. Julia's apartment at Peninsular Place was definitely IMO not in a safe area. The housing that surrounds her apartment complex is full of criminal activity, drugs, domestic disputes etc. I cannot remember the name of the housing next to hers because they have changed names several times. If you look at the map I have attached and look NW-ish towards Superior Twp., that is all "country". Dirt roads and less developed, farm land, with pockets of residential areas. A big one that stands out for me is the notorious "Mac Arthur Blvd." There is a trailer park there as well as a residential home area, and more section 8 housing. There are always reports of drug related violence, domestic disputes, and shootings there. The following links may help with info gathering...
Here are some Yelp reviews on Penninsular Place
http://www.yelp.com/biz/peninsular-place-ypsilanti

Of course as you may know, Ypsilanti was the hunting grounds for serial killer John Norman Collins. Many of his victims were found around the Ypsilanti and Superior Twp areas. http://www.murderpedia.org/male.C/c/collins-john-norman.htm

Here is a list of Section 8 housing in Ypsilanti
http://www.section8housinglist.info...sing-in-ypsilanti-michigan/?fdx_switcher=true

This is where EMU posted all known information related to Julia's death:
http://www.emich.edu/investigation/
image.jpg

THANK YOU justnosey!!! This gives us a lot to dig in to. Many thanks!

those are my first take questions....more to follow

1. I would take US-24 north from Monroe to I-275 then I-94 west to Ypsilanti. (route from her grandma's house to her apartment). I do know she has taken M-50 west from Monroe to US-23 then in to Ypsilanti. I think alot would depend on the weather in the winter. My first option seems to be plowed and salted earlier than the M-50/US-23 option. M-50 has stretches of "open" farmland and tends to have snow drifts in the winter. These are my feelings about the roads. It's a 45 min to an hour depending upon traffic and weather.
2. Not sure about other events. The U of M plays football on Saturdays during the normal college season at Michigan stadium, then right next door to the stadium is an Crisler arena that has U of M basketball then not far away is Yost arena for college ice hockey. These are quite aways from Julia's apartment.
3. Here's the website for the Briarwood mall : http://www.simon.com/mall/briarwood-mall/map
This mall is about 9 miles from Julia's apartment. I don't believe she went there often if at all.

Trojan1966[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, Trojan! I've now traced those routes, along with nearby railroad tracks, on the map. And Depot town from another of your posts. I think we're close to being able to post the map.

I am waiting for the child *advertiser censored* case to get started. I believe the next pre-trial court date is coming up in about a week, May 8? Will it lead to Julia's death in any way?

I am still of the thinking that JT did not personally kill Julia, but wonder what info he may have that could be helpful to LE. If only he would give them the official interview they requested, then perhaps we could move our focus from him. The circumstances of her cause of death keep leading me back to someone familiar with martial arts moves. Also, I think she let this person in willingly.... but what happened after that? Where is her key?

JMO

O.K., I am still trying to get my sea legs on this thread. It's so complex and mind blowing when you thread the Jennifer/Kassie best friend angle in.

Then what your saying Trojan, is that if Chelsea wasn't really friends with the Bruck girls (knew them, but just acquaintance), then *Jennifer* is the common denominator, not Julia or Chelsea. That truly changes my line of thinking, but I'm not sure how yet.
Two *best friends* EACH have one of their sisters murdered. How in heaven's name can that not be connected?

I need to sit here and just ponder on this some more.

BBM: I think you mis-stated this? Chelsea is a Bruck girl. I am not quite sure how you meant to phrase this, roses. Did you mean "if Julia wasn't really friends with the Bruck girls" ?

First, Julia and Jennifer both worked at Electric Beach Tanning Salon, not a nail salon. The only connection between Julia and Chelsea is that their sisters are best friends. As far as I know, Julia did not socialize with Chelsea but did casually know her.

I have understood this from the beginning ;) Jennifer Niswender and Kassandra Bruck (now Rinne) are best friends, and Jennifer was Kassie's Maid of Honor at her January 24, 2015 wedding. Jennifer Niswender (and the late Julia Niswender) and Kassandra Bruck are/were the same age. Chelsea Bruck is younger, knew both Niswender sisters, but probably did not socialize with them beyond the connection between her sister, Kassie, and Jennifer Niswender.

BBM: I think you mis-stated this? Chelsea is a Bruck girl. I am not quite sure how you meant to phrase this, roses. Did you mean "if Julia wasn't really friends with the Bruck girls" ?

Yes, misstated. Thank you for the catch. This case is complicated enough without me adding to the confusion! :blushing:

About the area: EMU Campus and surrounding area has some pretty distinct groups of people IMO...the student population that lives "off campus", working class families, and low-income section 8 housing. Julia's apartment at Peninsular Place was definitely IMO not in a safe area. The housing that surrounds her apartment complex is full of criminal activity, drugs, domestic disputes etc. I cannot remember the name of the housing next to hers because they have changed names several times. If you look at the map I have attached and look NW-ish towards Superior Twp., that is all "country". Dirt roads and less developed, farm land, with pockets of residential areas. A big one that stands out for me is the notorious "Mac Arthur Blvd." There is a trailer park there as well as a residential home area, and more section 8 housing. There are always reports of drug related violence, domestic disputes, and shootings there. The following links may help with info gathering...
Here are some Yelp reviews on Penninsular Place
http://www.yelp.com/biz/peninsular-place-ypsilanti

Of course as you may know, Ypsilanti was the hunting grounds for serial killer John Norman Collins. Many of his victims were found around the Ypsilanti and Superior Twp areas. http://www.murderpedia.org/male.C/c/collins-john-norman.htm

Here is a list of Section 8 housing in Ypsilanti
http://www.section8housinglist.info...sing-in-ypsilanti-michigan/?fdx_switcher=true

This is where EMU posted all known information related to Julia's death:
http://www.emich.edu/investigation/
View attachment 74076

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74076&d=1430358780

Thank you, great stuff.

Here are the floor plans for all apartments at Peninsular Place Apartments. You can also do virtual tours of several rooms. This property was built, owned and developed by Edwards Communities and sold in 2007 to American Campus Communities, but I have not yet found a property map or building plans :/
http://ypsistudenthousing.com/floorplans

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 65
There are several more good outdoor pics of the complex by doing a Google search of images for
"Peninsular Place Apartments, Ypsilanti"

There was contact between the two. Julia would from time to time help him do some cleaning of apartments and such in the Ypsilanti area. She could earn some extra money doing this. So I would assume JT was at Julia's apartment without his wife. I do know that Julia's mom and dad helped her "move-in" at the start of the school year. Her mom worked within a few miles of Julia's apartment, so she would drop in from time to time. I would say that Julia's relationship with JT was pretty much a normal relationship. She did not like the fact that he was a very strict disciplinarian and most everyone knew that. I would not say their relationship was any better or worse in that last year. I know she never really mentioned anything about this when we talked on the phone.

Sorry, my mistake....... Kim did not start working in Ypsilanti until after Julia's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState