MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they went to bed that night, something simple like a home security system being turned on (or off if someone left and came back in) would possibly help confirm an alibi, as the security system would have record of this. No?

JT doesn't have a home security system.

I live near Michigan Stadium. Football season would have been over by this time. There were no other events held at Michigan Stadium at that time. From Michigan Stadium to Julia's apartment complex going through town during the day time (traffic etc.) would probably take me 25-30 minutes (or longer!). At night probably 15-20 minutes. Briarwood Mall is just a shopping mall. It's right next to 94. The culture of Ann Arbor is distinctly different than that of Ypsilanti. I think it would be a stretch to include a radius that big. If you look at Ann Arbor, then you would also need to go the other direction and include Canton, Belleville, and Willis. I attended EMU about 10 years ago, and in my opinion EMU has a really great campus. This is coming from someone born and raised in Ann Arbor ;) I never felt unsafe on EMU's campus. However, once you cross the street and go "off-campus", well it's surrounded by lots of sketchy places. If I were a student of drinking age, I would definitely have partied/hung out in Ypsilanti's 'Depot Town' which would have been closest to her apartments. A small historic oasis in the middle of a not so great residential area. It's just a strip of bars, restaurants, pool hall, tattoo parlor, a Peoples Food Co-Op and on the weekend during the Spring/Summer a Farmer's Market etc. The train tracks also run through Depot Town.

The area known as Depot Town is where both Julia and Jennifer took us during our visits to the EMU Campus. Small bars and dining places throughout the area. They like to eat lunch in that area.

THanks for all the good feedback on the stadium and the mall.
I am just starting to research what "events" in the area within the proximity transpired that weekend. I'm primarily interested in sporting and concerts. If any of you have info about any events that transpired the weekend Julia passed away, please post.

Will either dig deeper in to this concept or quickly scratch it off depending on initial findings.

THanks for all the good feedback on the stadium and the mall.
I am just starting to research what "events" in the area within the proximity transpired that weekend. I'm primarily interested in sporting and concerts. If any of you have info about any events that transpired the weekend Julia passed away, please post.

Will either dig deeper in to this concept or quickly scratch it off depending on initial findings.

Editing to ask if "Olga's kitchen" is a big chain in MI. I noticed there was one at the Briarwood mall. Must be a chain.

I think it is important to map Julia's employment location - as well as possibly the buildings on Campus she may have been in based on her degree. We may also want to note the location of the tanning salon, The Turnquist home - perhaps the Bruck home, etc.

Just so you know, EMU has a lot of concerts and sporting events, etc. of it's own. Pease Auditorium, Quirk Dramatic Arts Building, EMU Student Center, EMU Convocation Center, Lake House "Big Bob's", and Rynearson Stadium are all campus buildings that host all kinds of activities and events. Here is a map of EMU Campus with street names and building names.
http://www.emich.edu/maps/

Here is a list of campus events that occurred the weekend Julia was murdered (you may have to go back a few years in the calendar from this link, but I will post some screen shots as well). http://www.emich.edu/calendar/#all-events

image.jpg image.jpg

If nobody in the house noticed Turnquist coming and going, he may have had a ride, as driving a car out of his driveway may have been more noticeable?

Trojan1966, if you happen to know, is there a separate entrance to their basement or rec room, besides a front and a back door to house where Turnquist lived at the time of Julia's murder?

Just so you know, EMU has a lot of concerts and sporting events, etc. of it's own. Pease Auditorium, Quirk Dramatic Arts Building, EMU Student Center, EMU Convocation Center, Lake House "Big Bob's", and Rynearson Stadium are all campus buildings that host all kinds of activities and events. Here is a map of EMU Campus with street names and building names.
http://www.emich.edu/maps/

Here is a list of campus events that occurred the weekend Julia was murdered (you may have to go back a few years in the calendar from this link, but I will post some screen shots as well). http://www.emich.edu/calendar/#all-events

View attachment 74068 View attachment 74069

This is just the type of stuff I'm looking for - THANK YOU. I will start examining it shortly.
And more questions; really need a local who knows the area where she was living:

1. What are some of the big landmarks/hotspots/hangouts within a 10 mile radius of where she was living?
2. Where were the "don't go there" danger areas within a 10 mile radius of where she was living?
3. Her apartment is butted right up against Huron river and a damn. Did people ever recreate on that river in that area? If so, what?
4. The buildings across the river, but directly behind Julia's place; (between Leforge & Green) - what are they? Apartments?
5. Her job at Walmart seemed quite a distance from where she lived?

General questions:
1. In the year leading up to her death, did Julia have any friendships (male or female) that had ended on a sour note?
2. Julia's apartment - have all facilities people, gardners, anyone doing maintainence at the building been questioned? Anyone quit soon after her death?
3. Why was Julia still staying at her grandmother's (when she did), vs. hanging out with her twin at Turnquist's house?
4. What stands out as being things both Julia and Chelsea Bruck had in common? (Obviously they were both from Monroe). Did they: -go to the same church, have the same dentist, doctor, play the same sport, go to same hang outs, have mutual friends, etc. What was the *same* with both girls?

Timing: one girl was murdered in late October, one in early December. I would *strongly* suggest that the dates of these murders be evaluated against any important events in the lives of any POI. Was it the "anniversary" of something?

What was the next key event coming up in Julia's life? What was the last key event she had just accomplished? Did she accomplish that event at the expense of another? Did she "win" while someone else "lost"?

Was it reported that Julia was her usual happy self just prior to the murder, or, had there been a recent change in her behavior?
Who was her confidante; Jennifer? If so, what is Jennifer's theory on who murdered her twin?

These are just the questions I am examining for starts....
Thanks in advance if anyone knows any of this information.

This is just the type of stuff I'm looking for - THANK YOU. I will start examining it shortly.
And more questions; really need a local who knows the area where she was living:

1. What are some of the big landmarks/hotspots/hangouts within a 10 mile radius of where she was living?
2. Where were the "don't go there" danger areas within a 10 mile radius of where she was living?
3. Her apartment is butted right up against Huron river and a damn. Did people ever recreate on that river in that area? If so, what?
4. The buildings across the river, but directly behind Julia's place; (between Leforge & Green) - what are they? Apartments?
5. Her job at Walmart seemed quite a distance from where she lived?

General questions:
1. In the year leading up to her death, did Julia have any friendships (male or female) that had ended on a sour note?
2. Julia's apartment - have all facilities people, gardners, anyone doing maintainence at the building been questioned? Anyone quit soon after her death?
3. Why was Julia still staying at her grandmother's (when she did), vs. hanging out with her twin at Turnquist's house?
4. What stands out as being things both Julia and Chelsea Bruck had in common? (Obviously they were both from Monroe). Did they: -go to the same church, have the same dentist, doctor, play the same sport, go to same hang outs, have mutual friends, etc. What was the *same* with both girls?

Timing: one girl was murdered in late October, one in early December. I would *strongly* suggest that the dates of these murders be evaluated against any important events in the lives of any POI. Was it the "anniversary" of something?

What was the next key event coming up in Julia's life? What was the last key event she had just accomplished? Did she accomplish that event at the expense of another? Did she "win" while someone else "lost"?

Was it reported that Julia was her usual happy self just prior to the murder, or, had there been a recent change in her behavior?
Who was her confidante; Jennifer? If so, what is Jennifer's theory on who murdered her twin?

These are just the questions I am examining for starts....
Thanks in advance if anyone knows any of this information.

Great flow of questions, rosefromangels, hoping Trojan is able to address most of your questions thoroughly.

Julia was said to have moved out to her Grandmother's due to strains with Turnquist's strict standards, such as being out late. Their relationship was strained, clearly. Julia for a time had two jobs, one at a nail salon with her sister, and one at the Walmart, until she stopped working at the salon. Trojan mentioned that she sometimes was said to have gone on cleaning runs with Turnquist in the Ypsilanti area, according to her friends. She was said to have been "very social" and if IIRC, she had been on date sometime soon before she was found in her bathtub. All friends, her social media, classmates, teachers, scores have been interviewed with no person found with any hinky on them besides her step dad.

Could they have both been working near each other, Julia and Chelsea?

I was wondering if anyone on thread is familiar with how I might find the floor plan for Julia's apartment building? We already have the room plan links.

hockeymom4, had statics she may want to have linked on a map too?

I think it is important to map Julia's employment location - as well as possibly the buildings on Campus she may have been in based on her degree. We may also want to note the location of the tanning salon, The Turnquist home - perhaps the Bruck home, etc.

Would you be kind enough to provide some specific areas if not exact locations of where you know Turnquist to have worked, either through references he provided or when you hired him to clean for your company, which is roughly located where, MIMOMMY?

Sorry to ask, if you've mentioned this before.

If we have anyone on the thread who was attending EMU when this crime was committed, what is the general theory amoungst the student body?

I'd really like to know where this tournament took place in 2012, and when:

http://www.michigantournaments.com/MI_Tournaments_Home_Page.html

reading that intro page, this may have been the first year (2014) that this particular event was held, tho there were other events in previous years. What struck me was a connection to Ninja Turtles!

For the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan in the house, consider joining our Guinness Book of World Records attempt for “Largest Gathering of People Dressed as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle” on Friday March 28th. Personalities from the franchise, including body actors, voice actors, movie stars, and one of the creators will all be on hand, along with a full scale Turtle Van!

http://michigantournaments.com

O.K., one final query for today.
Where was PickAxe Preacher playing the weekend Julia passed away?

Editing to ask if "Olga's kitchen" is a big chain in MI. I noticed there was one at the Briarwood mall. Must be a chain.

Chelsea Bruck had a job as a hostess at the Olga's Kitchen restaurant in Monroe at the time of her disappearance. Does another Olga's figure in Jenifer's case? There are a couple in Ann Arbor, the town just northwest of Ypsilanti, where EMU is located.

Chelsea Bruck had a job as a hostess at the Olga's Kitchen restaurant in Monroe at the time of her disappearance. Does another Olga's figure in Jenifer's case? There are a couple in Ann Arbor, the town just northwest of Ypsilanti, where EMU is located.

First, it's Julia's case and I don't think she ever went there!

Great flow of questions, rosefromangels, hoping Trojan is able to address most of your questions thoroughly.

Julia was said to have moved out to her Grandmother's due to strains with Turnquist's strict standards, such as being out late. Their relationship was strained, clearly. Julia for a time had two jobs, one at a nail salon with her sister, and one at the Walmart, until she stopped working at the salon. Trojan mentioned that she sometimes was said to have gone on cleaning runs with Turnquist in the Ypsilanti area, according to her friends. She was said to have been "very social" and if IIRC, she had been on date sometime soon before she was found in her bathtub. All friends, her social media, classmates, teachers, scores have been interviewed with no person found with any hinky on them besides her step dad.

Could they have both been working near each other, Julia and Chelsea?

I was wondering if anyone on thread is familiar with how I might find the floor plan for Julia's apartment building? We already have the room plan links.

hockeymom4, had statics she may want to have linked on a map too?

First, Julia and Jennifer both worked at Electric Beach Tanning Salon, not a nail salon. The only connection between Julia and Chelsea is that their sisters are best friends. As far as I know, Julia did not socialize with Chelsea but did casually know her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaKing412