MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is clear MiMommy is searching for truth, and we appreciate her on this thread a great deal. I feel such profound sadness for this family, but inspired by their determination.

He had his cell phone - other than that I never saw him with even ear buds/head phones, no ipad or anything of the such.

Interesting. Thank you, MIMOMMY. It would be interesting to know if he did photo/video things at sports events, or had that material with him prior to working with you. You said he came highly recommended. Did you speak to anyone regarding the references of past employment he provided? What do you know of his past work history that gave you such assurance in him?

KT is stressed which is an obviously thing - between the stress of the murder, the allegations against her spouse, the attacks on her family as a whole by the media, etc - as well as dealing with all aspects of the home on her own.

The news crews have become even less active at the court hearings as well.

None of that really matters, though I know it is hard, but these considerations that you mention stress her will all pass and are a play on notions in the minds of people. All that should matter is Julia's murder and justice, that's still real and won't change, it seems to me.

Interesting. Thank you, MIMOMMY. It would be interesting to know if he did photo/video things at sports events, or had that material with him prior to working with you. You said he came highly recommended. Did you speak to anyone regarding the references of past employment he provided? What do you know of his past work history that gave you such assurance in him?

I would have spoken with each of his references, as well as my supervisor speaking with his references. In order to get thru both of us I can assure you his references were good - He continued to work with the company even after I transferred - and in fact had been in contact with them recently because they wanted to recontract him again.

In regards to his work ethic - JT was everything you would have wanted in a contractor, honest, reliable, and got the job done.

None of that really matters, though I know it is hard, but these considerations that you mention stress her will all pass and are a play on notions in the minds of people. All that should matter is Julia's murder and justice, that's still real and won't change, it seems to me.

FindHG - I was answering someone's post on how KT was holding up - I personally think it does matter how the family is holding up. Although we can not speak of their young daughter - I think it is also important to take a step back and imagine what HER life has been like over the last several years. Perhaps I am of the wrong mind set but I believe it matters how these crimes are affecting EVERYONE involved no matter what your views are. These are human lives.

I would have spoken with each of his references, as well as my supervisor speaking with his references. In order to get thru both of us I can assure you his references were good - He continued to work with the company even after I transferred - and in fact had been in contact with them recently because they wanted to recontract him again.

In regards to his work ethic - JT was everything you would have wanted in a contractor, honest, reliable, and got the job done.

You haven't answered my question MIMOMMY, exactly, and are pegging a defense of him to the answer again you've mentioned many times prior to this, and being to generalized and confusing about timelines. Could you do this a bit methodically to help.

You spoke to his references, whom there, what did they say about how they knew him, and how many of them?

Did you stay in touch with him after you transferred and why?

As best I am able to gage, these crimes just keep hurting hurting all they touch until justice is rendered and the hurt can truly turn to what healing is possible. You are not her family, I am not either, and my heart goes out to Trojan and Rose and others who keep justice within sight. The others, I pray they find truth in themselves so they can tap into the truth of the world around them.

There is a lot of wisdom in your post FindHG, and it goes to the root cause of why JT is held in suspicion and disregard, by many, IMO.
Everyone is trying to find the Perp who *murdered* bright, young, vivacious Julia.
All of a sudden we are distracted by Turnquist with his "hobby", his dramatic, suicidal/homicidal actions, and his refusal to *fully* cooperate with LE.
What type of a selfish person does that?
None here IMO, are impressed, influenced, or sympathetic to that type of selfish behavior.
Why would he choose to deflect precious LE resources with lack of cooperation, and this absurd dramatic behavior? He is delaying justice for Julia by now becoming the center of attention, and for all the wrong reasons

I really hope that his friends that think he is innocent and think he is a great guy are encouraging him to fully cooperate with LE, and provide a formal statement, and take a LE administered polygraph.

Attempting to hide behind lawyers, behind his wife, acting crazy....none of that is going to work in the end. Forensic science and LE skill will win out.

You haven't answered my question MIMOMMY, exactly, and are pegging a defense of him to the answer again you've mentioned many times prior to this, and being to generalized and confusing about timelines. Could you do this a bit methodically to help.

You spoke to his references, whom there, what did they say about how they knew him, and how many of them?

Did you stay in touch with him after you transferred and why?

I am not in the place to discuss whom his employment references were - but can tell you that LE has this information, and has verified as such. As you can imagine, there WILL be things that I can not answer because of the cases. The references we contacted would have been business references, as he was brought in to provide a service to us.

I did stay in contact with JT after I transferred. Why? Because we had developed a friendship outside of work, because I had become involved in finding Justice for Julia ( I carried, and still do carry copies of her fliers where ever I go - I wear a bracelet that was provided to me by the family) and will continue to do so. In the same way as I now speak with KT, and offer her support in any way I can.

I am not in the place to discuss whom his employment references were - but can tell you that LE has this information, and has verified as such. As you can imagine, there WILL be things that I can not answer because of the cases. The references we contacted would have been business references, as he was brought in to provide a service to us.

I did stay in contact with JT after I transferred. Why? Because we had developed a friendship outside of work, because I had become involved in finding Justice for Julia ( I carried, and still do carry copies of her fliers where ever I go - I wear a bracelet that was provided to me by the family) and will continue to do so. In the same way as I now speak with KT, and offer her support in any way I can.

Thank you, for being as revelatory as you have been, I appreciate your circumstances. I hope your support is not blind, does not help cloud the path to justice to Julia, unknowingly of course, and that you are able to help Turnquist's family come to terms with what the future holds for them. He may have seen it. The attempt to suicide may have been a 'poor me' call for help, the only time his worlds came crashing together as the police served warrants, he ran and pulled a drama act, now sits with an ankle bracelet allowed only supervised visits with his younger child, within bounds of some family type compound as shown on MSM. It's a pickle to be in, as it were, why would he want to be in it if not to avoid a more serious murder charge if he gives a full statement?

I can assure you that I have not done anything that would have "clouded" anything nor is my support blind - there are plenty of things that go on outside of this website that can not be discussed, obviously. I have had many discussions outside of this forum looking at many leads and possibilities, including possibly having to accept JT's involvement.

I can assure you that I have not done anything that would have "clouded" anything nor is my support blind - there are plenty of things that go on outside of this website that can not be discussed, obviously. I have had many discussions outside of this forum looking at many leads and possibilities, including possibly having to accept JT's involvement.

Thank you, let us know if you'd like more specifics, in a way that helps but doesn't compromise you, included, as you think of it, as you kindly have so far. I sincerely hope that more than any other concern, all cooperate with LE because Turnquist should not be allowed to tear at the lives of so many people anymore just to save his own skin, it seems to me, but however it works for them, that they do help get to the bottom of this. However precious he may have been to them at one time, the truth and justice are not washed away by kinship nor friendship.

FindHG is really spot on.
MiMommy, you have insights we don't, and are here to support you as well with any research we can do. We know this must weigh heavily on you, especially the conflicting information and doubts.

Why, if he is innocent was he suicidal?
Any theories on that?

FindHG is really spot on.
MiMommy, you have insights we don't, and are here to support you as well with any research we can do. We know this must weigh heavily on you, especially the conflicting information and doubts.

Why, if he is innocent was he suicidal?
Any theories on that?

Obviously, I can not say if he was in fact suicidal or not as I was not the person who evaluated him at the facility. I can only tell you that KT was worried that he may have been.

My GUESS on this is simply because of the amount of stress he and the rest of the family are under, one would assume that he is also aware of the fact that since he is the POI perhaps it would have just been easier to end everything? Again - this is my guess not anything I have been told.

MIMOMMY... thank you for answering the constant barrage of questions with such grace! From this reader's position it seems as if you are being interrogated! I realize the seriousness of this entire case but last time I checked you were not the POI.

Originally Posted by MIMOMMY View Post

Thank you, for being as revelatory as you have been, I appreciate your circumstances. I hope your support is not blind, does not help cloud the path to justice to Julia, unknowingly of course, and that you are able to help Turnquist's family come to terms with what the future holds for them. He may have seen it. The attempt to suicide may have been a 'poor me' call for help, the only time his worlds came crashing together as the police served warrants, he ran and pulled a drama act, now sits with an ankle bracelet allowed only supervised visits with his younger child, within bounds of some family type compound as shown on MSM. It's a pickle to be in, as it were, why would he want to be in it if not to avoid a more serious murder charge if he gives a full statement?

As we try to untangle the circumstances of a murder, it's important to remember that we're all just playing different bit roles in a larger process. When we're lucky, those different roles will lead even the best of us into conflict with one another, keep us honest, and move us more surely toward justice. Check your wallet and maybe the mirror when everyone seems to be in agreement.

Dazed - You are very welcome. I can continue to promise that I have not and will not do anything to fog any questions I may be able to answer or help in any way I can.

Mimommy, I am very concerned with the youngest daughter's situation. She is having to "grow up" too quickly, facing some life circumstances that many adults never have to endure. Can you give me just a touch of how she is doing? You mentioned she has not seen her father (or are there supervised visits at all?). Is she all right, though sad, about that? I think her Mom and big sister will do their best to shield her from the most hurtful comments, but they have a way of slipping by us and getting to the children anyway. Does she talk about Julia? Some children appear to adjust somewhat easily, but hold a lot inside. Of course, none of this is any of my business, but I do care very much about the young children and their emotional well-being. I hope she will be all right. Any thoughts you can share?

I question whether any of Julia's family members actually had a key to her room?

MIMOMMY... thank you for answering the constant barrage of questions with such grace! From this reader's position it seems as if you are being interrogated! I realize the seriousness of this entire case but last time I checked you were not the POI.

MiMommy is obviously very committed to justice for Julia, and is helping in every way she can here. We respect and appreciate her a great deal.
The barrage of questions is normal for me, and nothing personal to MiMommy.
Her grace and commitment is evident.

Or possibly thinking they would be able to make entry to the crime scene again with it before anyone realized what had happened?

I wonder if there was only one key to that door that led to Julia's bedroom? If there was more then one key to her bedroom, did a family member have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor