MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. This morning at 9 am. Trial was scheduled.

I was looking at the former boyfriend OD of Julia's roommate KM. On Saturday Dec 8 around 2am (so really, very late on Friday night), just before Julia was last seen alive, he posts something to two friends to come over to "korts". I think this could refer to KM's apartment (and thus to Julia's apartment), but I am not sure. I am looking a bit more at these friends DJ and WRG, who come from near KM's hometown. It seems that WRG has shut down his FB account.

The preliminary hearing was waived back on March 17th.

Ok so today was pretrial?
Whatever today's session was, MIMOMMY was under the impression from insider information that charges would be dropped. I'm wondering what happened.

I was looking at the former boyfriend OD of Julia's roommate KM. On Saturday Dec 8 around 2am (so really, very late on Friday night), just before Julia was last seen alive, he posts something to two friends to come over to "korts". I think this could refer to KM's apartment (and thus to Julia's apartment), but I am not sure. I am looking a bit more at these friends DJ and WRG, who come from near KM's hometown. It seems that WRG has shut down his FB account.

Sound interesting.Thanks and keep digging!

Ok so today was pretrial?
Whatever today's session was, MIMOMMY was under the impression from insider information that charges would be dropped. I'm wondering what happened.

Pretrial had been postponed until today due to JT's attorney being involved in another trial. Pretrial was never waived in Circuit Court, only District Court. The Trial is scheduled for June 29th. I'm not sure if I ever read MIMOMMY stating the charges would be dropped. I think it may have been assumed by others. Please correct me if I am wrong. I remember reading there could be good news coming which is definitely still possible! Guess we will all just have to wait and see.

The preliminary hearing was waived back on March 17th.

That preliminary hearing was in District Court (lower court) now everything has moved to Circuit Court. The whole process seems to have started over again. District Court is an area that tries to "weed out" cases that definitely would not go to trial in Circuit Court. Evidently the judge there thought there was enough evidence to send the case to Circuit Court. Also, Circuit Court must preside over any felony trials in Michigan and this charge is considered a felony. Just trying to be helpful.

Thank you Trojan and Dazed. It would still seem to me that if the child *advertiser censored* case was as weak as it appears (based on JT's attorneys statements) the preliminary exam would have been the time to force the prosecution to present what they did have in order for these charges to be dismissed if there was not enough evidence to proceed with trial. I am aware of why a guilty person would choose to waive this hearing but cannot find much explaining why someone facing very weak or fabricated charges would waive this right.

IMO whatever evidence (or lack thereof) that exists in this case could either point toward JT even more in regards to Julia's death or help clear him as a POI if these charges are eventually dismissed and we find out this was more of a strong arm tactic in order to get his complete cooperation with the investigation.

Thank you Trojan and Dazed. It would still seem to me that if the child *advertiser censored* case was as weak as it appears (based on JT's attorneys statements) the preliminary exam would have been the time to force the prosecution to present what they did have in order for these charges to be dismissed if there was not enough evidence to proceed with trial. I am aware of why a guilty person would choose to waive this hearing but cannot find much explaining why someone facing very weak or fabricated charges would waive this right.

IMO whatever evidence (or lack thereof) that exists in this case could either point toward JT even more in regards to Julia's death or help clear him as a POI if these charges are eventually dismissed and we find out this was more of a strong arm tactic in order to get his complete cooperation with the investigation.

I would say that the prosecution must have some fairly good evidence for this to warrant a trial. Normally cases that are very "weak" are weeded out in District Court before they are passed on to Circuit Court although in Michigan, all felonies must be handled by Circuit Court. JMO

Black_Squirrel, you are such an excellent sleuther; really are!

I'm interested in knowing if the roommate who was allegedly using drugs and her boyfriend took LE poly's, gave formal statements, etc. - MiMommy?

I'm hearing little tidbits that would lead me to wonder if the "disarray" in the apartment was someone looking for drugs. Or was the "disarray" only in Julia's room? I'm confused, someone set me straight.

Does anyone know what type of drugs are alleged?

I would say that the prosecution must have some fairly good evidence for this to warrant a trial. Normally cases that are very "weak" are weeded out in District Court before they are passed on to Circuit Court although in Michigan, all felonies must be handled by Circuit Court. JMO

I don't see it being worth the time and money that is needed if there was not subsantial evidence for a conviction. I do hope we learn how much evidence (images) and the ages of the children. Are they strictly taken from computer pics, or personal photos? Have they been redistributed or sold to others? Do they depict sexual contact between an adult and child? Are the images stills or videos? So many awful questions are running through my mind. I list some of them only because I am tired of holding the thoughts in, and needed to release some frustration, guess. I want the facts, the entire truth to come out.

I no longer feel there is leeway to imagine these photos depict "questionable" ages. To go to trial, there must be adequate reason to know they are minors. Children. Underage. No more excuses.

I mean no offense to anyone ..... family or friends. But I am sickened at the possibility of child *advertiser censored* having any connection to our dear Julia's loss, whether just by extension of family or actual knowledge by Julia. What did those poor children have to see or hear? Who is covering up, lying, hiding helpful info.? Or can it really be a case of turning one's back and closing the eyes and ears to what goes on in a home? Can other family members truly not know or suspect something like child *advertiser censored*?

Sorry for the rant. I have tried so hard to not jump to any conclusions.

Black_Squirrel, you are such an excellent sleuther; really are!

I'm interested in knowing if the roommate who was allegedly using drugs and her boyfriend took LE poly's, gave formal statements, etc. - MiMommy?

I'm hearing little tidbits that would lead me to wonder if the "disarray" in the apartment was someone looking for drugs. Or was the "disarray" only in Julia's room? I'm confused, someone set me straight.

Does anyone know what type of drugs are alleged?

I'm not sure about the drugs but from what I have been told, only Julia's room was in "disarray".

I don't see it being worth the time and money that is needed if there was not subsantial evidence for a conviction. I do hope we learn how much evidence (images) and the ages of the children. Are they strictly taken from computer pics, or personal photos? Have they been redistributed or sold to others? Do they depict sexual contact between an adult and child? Are the images stills or videos? So many awful questions are running through my mind. I list some of them only because I am tired of holding the thoughts in, and needed to release some frustration, guess. I want the facts, the entire truth to come out.

I no longer feel there is leeway to imagine these photos depict "questionable" ages. To go to trial, there must be adequate reason to know they are minors. Children. Underage. No more excuses.

I mean no offense to anyone ..... family or friends. But I am sickened at the possibility of child *advertiser censored* having any connection to our dear Julia's loss, whether just by extension of family or actual knowledge by Julia. What did those poor children have to see or hear? Who is covering up, lying, hiding helpful info.? Or can it really be a case of turning one's back and closing the eyes and ears to what goes on in a home? Can other family members truly not know or suspect something like child *advertiser censored*?

Sorry for the rant. I have tried so hard to not jump to any conclusions.

I'm not sure if the "public" will see the pictures or whatever because they will be restricted evidence. Only the lawyers, the suspect, the judge and the jury will get to actually view them from what I have read. Unusual but whenever a trial involves *advertiser censored*, it's handled a little bit differently. Makes sense to me. We may find out how many images and how many involved a person under 18 years old but that may be all.

I'm not sure about the drugs but from what I have been told, only Julia's room was in "disarray".

Forgive me for imposing on you Trojan1966, but it sounds like this day in court would indicate LE's case is stronger and Turnquist is choosing to go to trail or the judge? Am no legal wiz, and most of it just whizzes by me, sorry to ask.

Forgive me for imposing on you Trojan1966, but it sounds like this day in court would indicate LE's case is stronger and Turnquist is choosing to go to trail or the judge? Am no legal wiz, and most of it just whizzes by me, sorry to ask.

True. The last pretrial was rescheduled because the prosecution had "new" evidence to introduce and JT's lawyers said they would need time to study and prepare a defense for that. They've had all the time the court will give them, so the judge decided today to schedule a trial start date - which will be June 29th. Of course, Jim still pleads "not guilty" so now he'll have his day in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth