MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding CSB (Wolfe) I do wonder if YPD interviewed him in relation to working with JN at Walmart Saline. Was it mentioned his wife works at Walmart too? I'm not sure I know who she is, but I'll check the "Wolfe" names. Agreed, "Wolfe" could be a Furry name or maybe it's the wife's last name they are both taking. I'm feeling too old to really understand the whole "Furry" idea, but I've known of a few younger people who like to wear fuzzy cat ears and attachable tails while out with friends. I too wonder if the "Furrys" where at the Halloween Party CB went missing from. It would have been an perfect time to show off Furry customs.

In regards to the missing key, I've contemplated that the POI took the key to lock both doors behind them, helping to stage the appearance of an accidental drowning. However, I'm not 100% sure it was fully planned for that day. Maybe the POI went to talk or to try and reason with JN and lost control. Somewhere in the back of a their mind must have been an idea of the accidental drowning.

The key locking both doors behind them could have bought someone more time away from the scene of the crime too, since incoming roommates weren't able to check in on JN and finally had to call police to open doors.

"Wolfe" is not the wife's last name, I think. She also lists a different last name on FB, but I am not even entirely sure if that one is correct. I am not sure if she works at Walmart, but she seems to know a good number of people there.

IMO, I am not sure if JT could have killed Julia that night. If he went to Julia's apartment to reason with her, he would have gone earlier in the evening. But then the other family members would have noticed. It's possible, but that would mean that the other family members are part of the conspiracy. He could have gone very late into the night. But that would have been a really strange time to visit. Unless of course he did not have the intention to reason with her, but had the intention to kill her. He could have sneaked out at night when everyone is asleep, but this seems to be a big risk to take. There is a good probability that one of the three people in the house would notice his disappearance. I would think if he had the intention to kill, then he would have chosen a time when his absence would be less suspicious. According to Trojan, Julia almost never took baths. JT must know this too, so he would know that a staged scene of her taking a bath would look suspicious. Anyway, it does not quite seem to fit for me. I think, if JT was involved at all, then he wasn't the person that killed her.
All just my opinion, of course.

"Wolfe" is not the wife's last name, I think. She also lists a different last name on FB, but I am not even entirely sure if that one is correct. I am not sure if she works at Walmart, but she seems to know a good number of people there.

IMO, I am not sure if JT could have killed Julia that night. If he went to Julia's apartment to reason with her, he would have gone earlier in the evening. But then the other family members would have noticed. It's possible, but that would mean that the other family members are part of the conspiracy. He could have gone very late into the night. But that would have been a really strange time to visit. Unless of course he did not have the intention to reason with her, but had the intention to kill her. He could have sneaked out at night when everyone is asleep, but this seems to be a big risk to take. There is a good probability that one of the three people in the house would notice his disappearance. I would think if he had the intention to kill, then he would have chosen a time when his absence would be less suspicious. According to Trojan, Julia almost never took baths. JT must know this too, so he would know that a staged scene of her taking a bath would look suspicious. Anyway, it does not quite seem to fit for me. I think, if JT was involved at all, then he wasn't the person that killed her.
All just my opinion, of course.

No one is 100% sure who is responsible for the homicide. All we know is that JT is YPD's only public POI. In this type of case LE may, at some point in time, work with the FBI (possibly) to create a suspect "profile." IMO..based on the information we have the "profile" will include:

1. Someone who knows JN well.
2. Someone who wanted her death to look like an accident, either planned or spontaneously.
3. Someone who is older than her, or very organized and mature for a young age.

IMO this is not an act of a young and/or immature person. Nor is it the act of a professional. It doesn't look like a robbery or an attempted assault. If it was a random act of violence, it seems there would be brushes and cuts.

NEWS FLASH - The Pretrial for JT concerning the child *advertiser censored* was held today and as a result, the trial is scheduled to start on August 3rd at 8:15 AM. Regardless of the outcome of this trial, I hope and pray that after it is over, that JT and KT will be more cooperative with LE concerning Julia's murder investigation. Solving Julia's case is the most important thing right now. Their cooperation and formal statements plus sitting down and really talking to LE will be of great assistance to the Ypsi LE.

thank you for the update, Trojan. I hope the trial continues to move along on-schedule now. Unfortunate as it is, I think we need to get through this trial before we begin moving forward on Julia's case again.

NEWS FLASH - The Pretrial for JT concerning the child *advertiser censored* was held today and as a result, the trial is scheduled to start on August 3rd at 8:15 AM. Regardless of the outcome of this trial, I hope and pray that after it is over, that JT and KT will be more cooperative with LE concerning Julia's murder investigation. Solving Julia's case is the most important thing right now. Their cooperation and formal statements plus sitting down and really talking to LE will be of great assistance to the Ypsi LE.

Thank you for the update Trojan! I take it you will not be present for the trial?

Thank you for the update Trojan! I take it you will not be present for the trial?

I don't plan on attending. When or if there is a trial for Julia's murder, I will be there every day, you can bet on that!

I don't plan on attending. When or if there is a trial for Julia's murder, I will be there every day, you can bet on that!

You may have extra supporters there with you, then.

Does anyone know if the August 3rd trial is going to be broadcast and if so where? I could never get an answer before...

I have not heard anything as to whether it will be broadcast, rainbow.

Does anyone know if the August 3rd trial is going to be broadcast and if so where? I could never get an answer before...

As far as I know, there will not be a broadcast of the trial but possibly some interviews later after a verdict has been reached may be taped for the local TV stations (Detroit & Toledo). They usually show those on their evening news reports. I would guess the trial will take a few days because on the first day, they have to select the jury from the jury pool.

The trial for JT's child *advertiser censored* charges has begun. Sounds like there was some verbal comments made by Julia's sister to one of her cousins in the courtroom that caused the bailiff to get involved. She was almost asked to leave the courtroom! Any updates I get, will be posted just to keep everyone informed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KatreaseS_freep
This link may not work unless you are using a mobile device. FreePress reporter Katrease Stafford is at the trial and tweeting: KatreaseS_freep

opening statements have ended; James Turnquist expected to take the stand; first witness called is Ypsi detective Annette Coppock.

Katrease Stafford ‏@KatreaseS_freep
Strange turn of events here: Monroe County's courthouse has been evacuated. Officials said there's visible smoke on one of the floors.

Per KStafford tweets:
Court resumed, JT attorney wants affidavit that led to obtaining laptop, Ypsi PD refuses saying it is part of ongoing murder investigation.

Katrease Stafford ‏@KatreaseS_freep
Breaking: Judge declares a mistrial in James Turnquist's child *advertiser censored* case. Story soon @freep.

Breaking: Judge declares a mistrial in James Turnquist's child *advertiser censored* case. Story soon @freep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth