GUILTY MI - Ramsay Scrivo, 32, found dismembered, St Clair County, 27 Jan 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm totally ignorant to this, so I figured this is a good enough time and place to ask; When you get life insurance, is there a bigger pay out to your beneficiaries if you're a victim to homicide?

If there is, then that could be why she disposed of him the way she did. She wanted Ramsay to be found quickly so that insurance payout would be in the fast-lane. If he was just missing then she would have to wait X amount of time and file for Ramsay to labeled as deceased. My uncle that went missing (case is listed here on WS!), he was declared dead after 10 years. Not sure if 1o years is how long you have to wait or not.

I think Donna chopped Ramsay up to make it look like anyone but she herself did it. Who would think that a mother was capable of doing that to their son? Who on earth would think the mother would also burn, and toss to the side of the road the corpse of their child? No one.

I said it a few days ago and I'll say it now since there's more leverage in it being true, Donna killed Ramsay for money. Plain and simple. Why she singled him out is beyond me. I'm guessing it's because he was there and easier for her to control, maybe slightly dependent because she made him that way.

I wonder if the catalyst was due to her finances? True enough she had collateral (house, cars) but she only withdrew 8,100.. If it was 8 grand even then I'd speculate she had a bit more in her accounts, the extra 100 is telling to me. It says that she emptied out her savings or checking. Why else would you take specifically 8,100? Why not take 8 thousand and leave the 100? It's because that's ALL she had in cash and she never planned on using that account again. 8 grand isn't much when you were given about 325,000 a year prior. Where did the money go?

325,000 = her house mortgaged twice and paid off in full plus a brand new car at 25,000.

So where did the money go?

In summary:

I think Donna killed Ramsay for the life insurance policy, and left his remains the way she did in hopes he would be found and identified quicker, which results in a faster payout with the policy.

She withdrew 8,100 specifically because either her in her checking or savings, that's all she had.

She either panicked when she withdrew it or had some odd ball idea for it. From the start she was taking the innocent approach (reported him missing).

Seems like on Monday she changed her plans:
She donated the cars she transported his body in
She cleaned the house with bleach
She withdrew money.

Edited to add: TracyLynnS .. looks like we are thinking alike! lol sorry to be a repeat to all you had said.

Do you think Ramsay and his brother were often sick as children? I'm sensing a bit munchausen by proxy in the air.

"Donna Scrivo was fired from St. John Hospital and Medical Center in 2004 after 15 years for purported negligence that included incidents of leaving medication at patients’ bedside and failing to respond to a patient’s chest pain complaints, according to Macomb Circuit Court records."
Guess those charges were not for 'missing' medications? Well, leaving medication could have been her claim, but I don't think it would read this way if the medication 'went missing'...
http://www.freep.com/article/20140204/NEWS04/302040135/Macomb-mother-acccused-of-killing-Dismembering-son
Black widow sounds about right, regardless of the phrasing here. ^

"Donna Scrivo was fired from St. John Hospital and Medical Center in 2004 after 15 years for purported negligence that included incidents of leaving medication at patients’ bedside and failing to respond to a patient’s chest pain complaints, according to Macomb Circuit Court records."
Guess those charges were not for 'missing' medications? Well, leaving medication could have been her claim, but I don't think it would read this way if the medication 'went missing'...
http://www.freep.com/article/20140204/NEWS04/302040135/Macomb-mother-acccused-of-killing-Dismembering-son
Black widow sounds about right, regardless of the phrasing here. ^

I swear! Does mlive report ANYTHING accurately? :banghead:

With meds left on the bedside, I'm guessing patient reported they were stolen or didn't receive? (guessing). Still, these two infractions seems small for 15 years to equal a firing. She must've had several write-ups and was deemed a loose end. She sounds like Nurse Ratchet.

Finally caught up again! I don't really have anything to add.

I'm going to throw out a couple of what if's:

"what if" she wanted to move back to TX where her family is and didn't want to take Ramsay.

"what if" she had a boyfriend she wanted to run off with....sure wouldn't want Ramsay tagging along.

I don't really think the second one is right, but I think it's really more about money. I do think she was going to go to TX though if she would have managed to pull this off.

just my 2 cents....

Maybe I'm dumb, but how could a water heater start a fire without blowing up the whole da*n house??? If it was electric (not gas) there wouldn't be a pilot light, right?

Also, I think the mom took the morphine, maybe slipped some to RS, said he stole it, and had him carted off because he was a danger to himself.

Kinda like "gaslighting" him.

Now I think it was all premeditated instead of snapped.

but what do I know?

Yeah, I agree. Obviously its awful that a mother killed her child. It's gruesome that she dismembered him. Its insulting that she tossed him out the window. BUT what really bothers me is that she was making the world believe he was crazy and quite probably making him think he was crazy. Even if he knew he wasn't, I imagine having your mother do that could make you close to crazy anyway.

I have a brother who is depressed and suffers paranoia. Everyone is out to get him, people live in the roof, there are cameras everywhere, people drive by his house at night and yell at him etc. No one believes a word he says but I try to remind myself that just because he's paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to harm him. He DOES have a lot of dodgy friends and none of it is actually beyond them. He once told the psych about how confused he was because he smelled gas in his house, he ran all the way to my house and saw there was a gas bottle in my garage. He questioned me about where I was that night. He KNEW I would never harm him (nor would I get 4 kids out of bed in the middle of the night!) and he felt guilty for questioning me, but his paranoia made him go there. I am the only one he trusts completely, He knows that I will listen and believe him but also help him sort out what is real. He knows if I say "nope, that's your mind, we need to get you help", that I am looking out for him. He has me. I can't imagine poor Ramsay, maybe he was mentally ill, maybe he was paranoid, but he was also right. I can't imagine abusing my brothers trust like that, when the world he lives in is already so scary.

Wow, just wow. I can't think of anything else creative to say. It really is sounding like this is all about money. I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say some kind of serious mental illness.

I am spending to much time here and have a dear friend visiting in two days so I need to clean this house! I have so many comments I want to make, but just don't have time.

So I just want to say thanks to nursebeeme for creating the media thread and to pharmchick for creating a timeline!

Wow...that's something that popped in my head almost at the beginning when I started reading this forum. Maybe there was never anything wrong with Ramsay other than something his mother "induced". I think you have to be somewhat on the ball to go to DeLaSalle and Wayne State.

When I read her Facebook I find it interesting that most of the comments are from old high school friend's from Texas. Hardly any of the Scrivo family really makes any comments on her page (unless I missed it). The story about her helping push someone's car out of a ditch in high heels seems a little odd to me. Really? toot your own horn much? and the announcement of her husband's death and how they want to move on was a little weird to me. From what I have heard, his death was sudden not a long illness. This is from a friend of the family and well, I guess it might not be correct.

Yeah, I agree. Obviously its awful that a mother killed her child. It's gruesome that she dismembered him. Its insulting that she tossed him out the window. BUT what really bothers me is that she was making the world believe he was crazy and quite probably making him think he was crazy. Even if he knew he wasn't, I imagine having your mother do that could make you close to crazy anyway.

I have a brother who is depressed and suffers paranoia. Everyone is out to get him, people live in the roof, there are cameras everywhere, people drive by his house at night and yell at him etc. No one believes a word he says but I try to remind myself that just because he's paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to harm him. He DOES have a lot of dodgy friends and none of it is actually beyond them. He once told the psych about how confused he was because he smelled gas in his house, he ran all the way to my house and saw there was a gas bottle in my garage. He questioned me about where I was that night. He KNEW I would never harm him (nor would I get 4 kids out of bed in the middle of the night!) and he felt guilty for questioning me, but his paranoia made him go there. I am the only one he trusts completely, He knows that I will listen and believe him but also help him sort out what is real. He knows if I say "nope, that's your mind, we need to get you help", that I am looking out for him. He has me. I can't imagine poor Ramsay, maybe he was mentally ill, maybe he was paranoid, but he was also right. I can't imagine abusing my brothers trust like that, when the world he lives in is already so scary.

I know.

Wow...that's something that popped in my head almost at the beginning when I started reading this forum. Maybe there was never anything wrong with Ramsay other than something his mother "induced". I think you have to be somewhat on the ball to go to DeLaSalle and Wayne State.

When I read her Facebook I find it interesting that most of the comments are from old high school friend's from Texas. Hardly any of the Scrivo family really makes any comments on her page (unless I missed it). The story about her helping push someone's car out of a ditch in high heels seems a little odd to me. Really? toot your own horn much? and the announcement of her husband's death and how they want to move on was a little weird to me. From what I have heard, his death was sudden not a long illness. This is from a friend of the family and well, I guess it might not be correct.

Can you dig out a link to the death announcement? Every time I go to her FB I see very little, but then if someone gives me a direct link I can view it. No idea why that is.

I keep digging around to see if her family has said anything, NOTHING!! Please let me know if anyone finds anything

I keep digging around to see if her family has said anything, NOTHING!! Please let me know if anyone finds anything

the makeup artist relative said to pray for them or something like that and the nephew said there would be no comment and a memorial service for the family.

the makeup artist relative said to pray for them or something like that and the nephew said there would be no comment and a memorial service for the family.

I'm friends with her and had seen that pop up on my FB a few days ago. Aside from her though, nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett