GUILTY MI - Rebekah Gay, 24, Broomfield Township, 31 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sally Gay says White talked a lot lately about how beautiful her daughter was and made dinner for Rebekah the night before her murder. Police say that White admitted to sexually fantasizing about Gay over the past few weeks; now that attraction is considered a motive.

Sally says that after her daughter was reported missing on Wednesday, White called her and told her Sally was the love of his life and he's sorry for what happened to Rebekah. When Sally asked if he knew what happened to her, she says he replied, "It'll get taken care of."

This guy had some gall!

This is the most infuriating case I've read on WS in all the years I've been here!

White told police during the interview that he had “been having bad thoughts for about two weeks about killing Rebekah Gay and then having sex with her dead body,” according to court documents.

White also told police that he watches videos from a “psycho-thriller” website which he said show women being murdered “and the suspect having sex with the dead bodies,” according to court documents.

White said during the interview for about two weeks he had been thinking of going to Gay’s home to act out his fantasy.

http://www.themorningsun.com/articl...er-suspect-held-without-bond&pager=full_story

Guess there's no way he can deny it wasn't premeditated!

White said he took a large rubber mallet and a zip tie and went into Gay’s trailer, and noticed a light come on in her bedroom.

Gay walked to a side door where White said he entered the trailer, and when she looked out of the door window, White hit her on the head several times with the mallet until she lost consciousness, according to court records.

White told police that he noticed she was still breathing and that he put the zip tie around her neck and tightened it until she suffocated, according to court documents.

http://www.themorningsun.com/articl...er-suspect-held-without-bond&pager=full_story

So she must have heard him come in or the door, which caused her to get up and turn on the light - and then he got her when she was looking outside to perhaps try to figure out what she'd heard?

I am jumping in... I have been following ..... But need to catch up today...

I have not looked into this "church".... Is it legit, or did he just start his own, like someone would start their own business?

sorry to quote myself... But I am on a roll...

there are NO Christ Community Fellowship Churches in Mt. Pleasant, MI in the yellowpages siting all churches in Mt. Pleasant and surrounding area.

the address to White's church is on google, but I am wondering if he used that affiliation's name... But,isn't officially part of the CCF...

I am off to sleuth some more...

ETA: According to Clicon Detroit

"Michigan Pastor Charged With Killing Fiancées Daughter to Fulfill Morbid Fantasies"

11-2-12

His church I'd a 14 - Member Church? 14 Members?

sorry... I am obsessed with trying t,o find out if his,church is legit... And I am not seeing any signs of,it!

correct me if I am wrong, Please!

Please don't judge this man for his statement. Forgiveness is at the center of the Christian faith. It is not contingent on someone repenting; and it does not always mean that the forgiven person is completely off the hook.

Forgiveness is for the person forgiving. It's refusing to allow this to destroy you which lets evil win. It's NOT saying "Hey, I forgive you for killing my daughter, so let's do dinner sometime."

I think they were misguided to allow him in a position of leadership and authority, given his past. I think their complete trust in him was irresponsible. I think that very small community church was manipulated and conned.

I understand their need to forgive ... they'll probably have a harder time forgiving themselves...

imo

To me this crime was unforgivable and also avoidable! What could be worse than that?

:puke:

I'm so very sorry for this man, losing his daughter this way ... But I cannot help but feel this is an extremely harmful public statement to make. It is exactly that idea of "instant forgiveness" that allowed that murderer to worm his way into a position of influence, authority, and access to Rebekah.

bbm...

isnt that the truth! forgiving is Gods business, not mine...sorry, i just cant understand how the father "forgives" this sick b@stard ... i must be missing something. :waitasec:

Really!
And what is OPEN Murder? I never heard that one before!

We have"open murder" counts in NM; it usually means they have not yet determined which degree to charge, i.e. first-degree, etc. so they leave it "open".

Someone said earlier that the only watched *advertiser censored* for 2 weeks....actually, according to the article, he'd been fantasizing about about killing Rebekah and doing disgusting things for 2 weeks. According to him, he watches films about killing women and having sex with their dead bodies. He names a site where he watches such horrifying films....NO WAY I'm looking to see if it's real or not!

Someone said earlier that the only watched *advertiser censored* for 2 weeks....actually, according to the article, he'd been fantasizing about about killing Rebekah and doing disgusting things for 2 weeks. According to him, he watches films about killing women and having sex with their dead bodies. He names a site where he watches such horrifying films....NO WAY I'm looking to see if it's real or not!

I'm afraid that films of these sort are very much a real thing. Don't go there, it's horrific.

sorry to quote myself... But I am on a roll...

there are NO Christ Community Fellowship Churches in Mt. Pleasant, MI in the yellowpages siting all churches in Mt. Pleasant and surrounding area.

the address to White's church is on google, but I am wondering if he used that affiliation's name... But,isn't officially part of the CCF...

I am off to sleuth some more...

ETA: According to Clicon Detroit

"Michigan Pastor Charged With Killing Fiancées Daughter to Fulfill Morbid Fantasies"

11-2-12

His church I'd a 14 - Member Church? 14 Members?

sorry... I am obsessed with trying t,o find out if his,church is legit... And I am not seeing any signs of,it!

correct me if I am wrong, Please!

Oh id bet my last dollar its not legit!

* Open Murder: [MCL 767.71] -- Michigan law does not require a prosecutor to choose between First Degree or Second Degree Murder when issuing a complaint, or even at trial. A prosecutor may charge "Open Murder", which is a combination of First and Second Degree Murder, and the jury may determine the appropriate degree based on the proofs

http://answers.uslegal.com/courts/legal-definitions/2678/

If i wasnt at work right now id be trying to work on a timeline. Since his first crime to now including when he was in and out of jail, his past known addressees, lets see if we can uncover anymore of his horrific crimes. Serial killer anyone ?

All the women involved so far are women he knew...closely. The girl who survived in '80..he knew, but we don't know if they had been dating, how long or just how well he knew her....she was a neighbor. I think he may have been trying to overcome "his demons", but wasn't happy with the progression....and reverted to his old ways. He was looking for faith in people and forgetting where it should be. Didn't he say something about certain people not believing he was a changed man? Was this directed specifically toward the mother or just other people in the town/church, etc?

He's warped and twisted, but I don't think he's psychopathic. IMO

Good article here - and the reporter did some digging and is still searching for more information.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2012/11/mt_pleasant_murder_suspect_cha.html

This is a quote from the author in the comments .... if not ok mods pls remove. He seems to be really following up on this, as so many are up in arms over him even being free to kill again.

I am SOOO glad the,reporters are digging into archives to see which judges/prosecutors/etc. allowed the arly release of White!

I am SOOO glad the,reporters are digging into archives to see which judges/prosecutors/etc. allowed the arly release of White!

In one of the articles linked before it was said he got a shorter sentence because the body was so decomposed that they couldn't prove murder, so he got off with manslaughter. IIRC

ETA

It's in the video (the second one on the page):

at 4:25 re the 1994 murder
"He was convicted of a lesser charge because the body was so decomposed"

In the first video they also say that they couldn't keep him longer than 12 years in prison.

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-police-search-for-missing-24-yearold-20121101,0,5929280.story

I find this first video also quite disturbing, the part where a church "elder" is speaking. She is actually laughing at one point and at the end she says "This too shall pass". Wow. I'm speechless. It's as if he'd done some minor mischief or was caught with his hand in the collection box or something.

Please don't judge this man for his statement. Forgiveness is at the center of the Christian faith. It is not contingent on someone repenting; and it does not always mean that the forgiven person is completely off the hook.

Forgiveness is for the person forgiving. It's refusing to allow this to destroy you which lets evil win. It's NOT saying "Hey, I forgive you for killing my daughter, so let's do dinner sometime."

I think they were misguided to allow him in a position of leadership and authority, given his past. I think their complete trust in him was irresponsible. I think that very small community church was manipulated and conned.

I understand their need to forgive ... they'll probably have a harder time forgiving themselves...

imo

I agree! I hope they don't have a hard time forgiving themselves! They were duped!

Yeah, I wouldn't be thinking about it either, unless he repented. I'd need a lot of help from God to forgive too. If I remember right, the Son of Sam has repented and I can see forgiving him, but not allowing him out of prison (he doesn't want out either because he cannot guarantee that he won't kill again).

Luckily Jesus talked about REPENTING when He talked about forgiveness and He gave the apostle Paul to help understand about the wolves among the sheep AND the wickedness inside the church (1 Corinthians 5).

Ha, sorry I didn't mean to give a sermon.

Since you brought Jesus into this:

He died for our forgiveness ... long BEFORE we ever repented.
We repent to RECEIVE forgiveness .. not to allow the other party to forgive us.
Jesus tells us to forgive those that sin against us, just as he forgave us .. before we asked.
If the guilty asks .. it is so that HE can receive.
God made it our business to forgive .. and the benefit is all ours ... spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
Unforgiveness will destroy you. It does not free the guilty from their consequences.

/sermon

Sorry.. just clarifying. No more bible stuff from me.

Does anyone know where he was incarcerated the last time? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel
Back