MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MORENCI, Mich. (AP) — The father of three missing Michigan boys was out of work, his marriage had fallen apart and he'd lost custody of his children in the months before he told police that he gave the boys to an acquaintance and tried to kill himself.

Police said Monday that they don't believe John Skelton's claim that he handed his children over to a woman he met online and had crews searching areas in Michigan and along an Ohio highway where the FBI said Skelton's blue minivan had been seen Thursday or Friday. Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said police spent several days searching extensively in records and by other means for the woman and couldn't find any evidence she existed.

much more at the link:
many photos at the link:
http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Police-Missing-Mich-boys-dad-lied-about-woman-837879.php

The day Tanya Skelton filed for divorce her husband picked up their two oldest sons from school and texted her from Ohio that he was taking them to Florida, according to her motion for custody. Tanya Skelton called Weeks, who contacted John Skelton and convinced him to return the boys. But later that day, John Skelton picked them up at home and drove to Florida with them, the motion said.

John Skelton later returned the boys and had been seeing them "with no issues," said Kathye Herrera, who identified herself as a spokeswoman for Tanya Skelton.

But court records show the custody fight continued to be nasty. John Skelton filed a motion for custody on Sept. 27, saying his wife was a registered sex offender.

If JS took off before with the boys, why did she not have supervised visits with their father? Seems he's using an old charge against his wife to gain sole custody of those boys. So, this seems to be one nasty divorce and those poor children are being used as pawns, IMO....

Where are those boys, John???

I do hope they are safe and he didn't do the "unthinkable" to hurt their mother....JMHO

This case of these three beautiful angels has ripped my heart out. It is so hard to even conceive someone could be so evil to do harm to any child, let alone their own. I am voicing my own opinion here, but this man, JS, appears to be a coward. I am so afraid this was a failed "murder/suicide" where he was in a frame of mind like Susan Smith; i.e., making up a story about someone taking her car with the boys still in it. I think it later it came out that she was allegedly planning to commit suicide by being in the car with the boys, but somehow did not do that. Also, with LE making statements about spending a lot of time searching records, trying to locate this woman he said he gave the boys to, and they now don't believe she exists worries me. I hope they were still actively searching everywhere they could possibly search while still searching for this woman. This time spent following that scenario could have taken valuable search efforts away from the boys at one of the most critical times. (This is probably what this sick man intended anyway by making up this story about this JT woman) Unfortuanately, so many parents would actually do evil acts just to keep from having to pay child support. How can anyone be this evil? Seems to me there would have been some clues in his demeaner that he could be such a dark person. I don't think he just suddenly "snapped". This appears to be a very well thought out act to have these boys supposedly just disappear.

Here is my problem with the "I dumped them" story. If he just dumped them (god forbid) I think he would have coughed out the info of where they were dumped by now, he would have to know that they would sure die at some point due to exposure.

If I was his mother I would be all over him like flies on you know what !

Prayers for these boys..... this is just heartbreaking :(

I hope the are checking his search history and Internet activity. The one myspace comment from the mom to him that actually had any substance reads as though he was down on himself/ low self esteem and she was trying to build him up. I wish we had access to his facebook or any other sites he participated in so we could see his current frame of mind.

I would like to see more pics of the boys. I know the ones that are on the news are the best head shot type picture but no one is crying and pleading for the return of these boys. There's no family pics out there? I don't understand why we have heard from schoolmates, LE, neighbors, and a spokesperson for mom but what about the boys older sister ot aunts pleading? The mom seemed to like to communicate via internet even recent postings so why so quiet now when the public needs to see these boys in every light possible? It's understandable that she'd be embarrassed (you'd think) about her rso status but thats already out there and I'd be darned if anything would embarrass me too much to be vocal about finding my kids.iykwim?

I know she is a victim and her record has nothing to do w/ this incident. Again her moral compass is a problem for me, if and when the boys are returned to her.
And I'm just grasping for anything right now

I completely agree! I have found it very strange that the mom has not been on the news making appeals and her "spokeswoman" from what I've seen isn't doing her any favors. None of the older children are being seen, but from what is written, her two daughters were 12 & 6 when they told their father about her sexual relationship with the boy (obviously she had no qualms about inappropriate behavior in front of her own small children if THEY were the ones that told on her!) Her ex got custody of those children and I'm assuming they really don't have a relationship with her. I am not totally convinced that this is not a ploy/diversion of his cuz he took them underground,(in his last filed court papers he stated she had violated sex laws)
and I must say, with reading his poem about "Dumpster", I'm a little suspect of the grandmother perhaps knowing more than she's telling.
IDK...I am still clinging to the fact that the boys are alive and "on the run" so to speak. Lack of reported forensic evidence in the van is keeping that hope alive for me.
It's warm here today...55 degrees, rainy tho....searching may be difficult and dogs don't do well in rain.

Here is link to more details about marriages, exes, children, sex charge, custody..
http://www.detnews.com/article/20101130/METRO/11300364/1409/Father-took-boys-away-previously

Here is my problem with the "I dumped them" story. If he just dumped them (god forbid) I think he would have coughed out the info of where they were dumped by now, he would have to know that they would sure die at some point due to exposure.

If I was his mother I would be all over him like flies on you know what !

Prayers for these boys..... this is just heartbreaking :(

I'd like to think that, but I think dad is kind of like Floyd (Sharon Marshall case) and is just not gonna tell. It's his way of believing he has control over the pain he can instill on mom. No doubt this guy is a sociopath. This is more than just despair on his part imo. I think in his sick twisted mind he believes he did the boys a favor not having to live with the challenges of a seperated household.

It's a shame they can't beat an answer out of him about the boys location.

jmo

MORENCI, Mich. (WXYZ) - Police will update the search for three missing Morenci boys during an 11:00 a.m. Tuesday news conference.

WXYZ.COM WILL PROVIDE LIVE STREAMING COVERAGE OF THE NEWS CONFERENCE AS IT HAPPENS.

http://www.wxyz.com/

dang it, at work, no audio. Hope ya'll will nutshell it for me when it starts.

I don't like the fireman's term....that John may have 'dumped' the boys off on the side of the road. I think that's very telling.
I think it's pretty obvious that someone would have come forward with a sighting or to hand over the three small children they found wandering on the road. The chances of a kidnapper happening along that road at that time BEFORE dozens of concerned adults would have driven by is unlikely, IMHO.
Further, I think that ANY father who actually had living children who might be out in the cold, on the side of the road, suffering would have broken down and said where he 'dumped them'. Instead, it doesn't appear he's saying much at all.
I can't understand how a man could fight so hard to keep his children only to harm them. I understand he was likely depressed, angry at his ex., and had taken the boys before.....but he was driving them to his parents house.....not 'dumping' them on the side of the road.
imho.

Detroit's on EST, right? Presser in about a half hour?

You know, I'm not believing what the dad is saying but we have'nt heard that he was angry or abusive. And for some reason I'm not getting that he murdered his beautiful boys. I realize saying that on this forum is ridiculous just for the sheer volume of parents that we know have killed their kids. He has tried to run w/ them and I think since the last trip to FL he knew he'd have to have a good story and cover up to make them disappear. BUT i can't imagine him getting the kids away from their mom out of spite and not wanting to be reunited w/ them. That won't be possible as long as they are missing and he is lying.
The suicidal gesture is what hangs me up on that. I would have thought his injury would've been ligiture marks on his neck of some sort but not a broken ankle. No way cause if he strained the noose so much that it broke and he fell and broke an ankle, there would be neck wounds. I think he got the ankle injury walking around the woods at night. During the 4 am to 7 am window.
I so want to hear from the friend that answered his distress call and took him to the hospital. I also wonder if he instructed him to go to that hospital in OH because the route would take him pass where he took the boys, to see if LE was there?

You guys love it when I have 3 pots of coffee and just ramble huh?:)

I just can't quit thinking about these boys. I'm a mom to boys and have always wanted about 10 of them. These boys have been a pawn for the parents for months now. Someone mentioned in the 1st thread how their smiles don't reach their eyes, I think they were fully aware of the problems w/ their parents. Just since school started we know they have been taken and driven away from their school and home and who knows what eles.

Well friends, looks like we aren't the only ones who thought the "suicide attempt" was bogus.

Snipped
Criminal Profiler Pat Brown told CBS's Morning News that she does not believe anything that Skelton has told police.

"The suicide attempt? Don't buy that one either. How do you fail to hang yourself?" Brown wondered.

http://wkzo.com/news/articles/2010/nov/30/police-man-did-not-give-missing-boys-friend/

Well, people do fail to hang themselves. It happens.
He may not have really wanted to do himself in.

It doesn't sound good for the children. His 'note' where he states he loves his wife and asks forgiveness.....to me, that says something. What is he sorry for?

Someone bought up the pond. Wonder if they searched it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini_Mind