MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the back of my mind , I still wonder if he gave them to a family member, to take to a point unknown. There was one traveling back during that initial time period ...found it then on a FB and was reported to LE...nothing must have come of it. Hmm will try to go back and see anything new on that.

Is the relative a woman? Could it be related to the sighting at the donut shop?

Is the relative a woman? Could it be related to the sighting at the donut shop?

That, in part, is what I wondered and why the info was given to LE. IMHO,The reactions, or maybe better said, lack of reactions, from the paternal side have always bothered me. Might be my overactive imagination, but they left me feeling...uh, odd.

Bump, bump, bump. Three little boys are still missing. Lord, help us find them!

As a mommy of three little boys and ties to MI, I've always had this case in my head.

I wish I could say that I think these three little guys are alive, but the very fact that the father says he gave them to a shelter group makes me think that's not what happened. Perhaps I just watch too many Lifetime movies, but those kind of groups insist on complete subterfuge and anonymity. He went with the story from the beginning, and that might have complicated the "escape" that the group was enacting.

Also, without knowing how this kind of group works, wouldn't they have come forward after the initial press onslaught? Or do they accept these children knowing that the non-custodial parent could have a motive? They then can't return them because their whole cover is blown? Wouldn't they drop them off at a truck stop somewhere? I don't know. The shelter group idea has always sounded so dramatic and fictional to me. I pray that it's true, of course, just as I hope these kids were at least taken and hidden by a relative. But it's hard enough to hide one kidnapped child. Three boys would stand out, especially when they're verbal.

I don't know. I kinda depress myself. I've just never had a good feeling about this one and I feel like LE and the media kinda gave up the ghost when he went to prison. But what puzzles and alarms me more is the lack of web presence. There's a site full of adorable little anecdotes, but no updates. THREE children went missing in one sweep, and it's like no one cares. I'd have to think as a parent that I'd be blogging daily. No one can take five minutes to post on a site devoted to the kids? The news/updates page is still "coming soon"?

Just a little rant. I've never been one of the people to cast aspersions on their mother, but this whole case is odd. If she was involved i don't think he'd take the fall, but I don't think he was the only one involved if it was an abduction.

As a mommy of three little boys and ties to MI, I've always had this case in my head.

I wish I could say that I think these three little guys are alive, but the very fact that the father says he gave them to a shelter group makes me think that's not what happened. Perhaps I just watch too many Lifetime movies, but those kind of groups insist on complete subterfuge and anonymity. He went with the story from the beginning, and that might have complicated the "escape" that the group was enacting.

Also, without knowing how this kind of group works, wouldn't they have come forward after the initial press onslaught? Or do they accept these children knowing that the non-custodial parent could have a motive? They then can't return them because their whole cover is blown? Wouldn't they drop them off at a truck stop somewhere? I don't know. The shelter group idea has always sounded so dramatic and fictional to me. I pray that it's true, of course, just as I hope these kids were at least taken and hidden by a relative. But it's hard enough to hide one kidnapped child. Three boys would stand out, especially when they're verbal.

I don't know. I kinda depress myself. I've just never had a good feeling about this one and I feel like LE and the media kinda gave up the ghost when he went to prison. But what puzzles and alarms me more is the lack of web presence. There's a site full of adorable little anecdotes, but no updates. THREE children went missing in one sweep, and it's like no one cares. I'd have to think as a parent that I'd be blogging daily. No one can take five minutes to post on a site devoted to the kids? The news/updates page is still "coming soon"?

Just a little rant. I've never been one of the people to cast aspersions on their mother, but this whole case is odd. If she was involved i don't think he'd take the fall, but I don't think he was the only one involved if it was an abduction.

Honestly, I don't know about "underground" groups, but I would think they would make contact with LE in some way to let them know that the boys are alive and well, at least, if such a group existed and had the boys. And how on earth would this guy have found such a group anyway, if the police can't?

It is so difficult to keep these cases going and in the public eye when there is no news...I don't know what the answer is to that, except as Marc Klass of Klaas Kids says, it really is up to the parents. They are the only lasting advocate for the child or children. If they are not active in making noise and drumming up interest, etc...no one will. JMO

Yeah, I guess that's what I was insinuating. With the exception of the anniversary interviews, we've hardly heard anything from mom or family. And those anniversary stories are usually sought by the media. I know everyone's different, but you would not be able to shut me up. I know the media was never crazy over this story. Maybe it's because it was a parental abduction or maybe because they were boys. I just think they needed a family information officer or whatever. Someone who fed the media tidbits, did updates, updated the website, organized vigils, etc. This case is swimming in apathy. As cute as the website is it feels like they threw something together because that's what people do. There was nothing done to it after the pics and anecdotes were added. Where are the grandparents? Is it life as usual now?

In terms of the groups, I know they wouldn't want any contact with LE because they're actively interfering with custody agreements. They'd be just as guilty as the father of kidnapping. Once they commit, they're probably committed. But like you, I'm not so sure these organized groups exist and how they would be found. It's not like they can advertise on Craigslist. I can see women's shelters being involved and doing some kind of underworld "referral" but that just sounds farfetched. To me, it really feels like he watched a movie at one point and got this idea. There was a TV movie with Brian Austin Green (I think) where the dad feared for his son's life and went underground with help of a group. New identities, etc. Or perhaps it was a way to explain away the disappearances while demonizing the mother.

The "underground" shelter group story confuses me as well. Would these groups take away a child without getting all of the information first? If so, they don't seem very reputable and I wouldn't want them taking ANY child anywhere! Obviously, none of the accusations about the mother molesting the boys was true (or they couldn't find evidence of it, at the very least). Did they know that the father wasn't the primary custodial parent? Did they check his background before they would have taken the boys?

I would want to know all this if I was truly trying to get these kids out of danger. I mean, how would they even know that they were really his kids except by his word? Or that they were really in danger? Also, if I were these boys, and I was given to someone by my father and whisked away, I would think I was being kidnapped and scream and kick and cry to try to escape. The father did not go with them so how was he supposed to know if they were being taken care of?

I obviously have no idea how these groups work, but I would imagine if I was trying to get me and/or my kids out of a bad situation, if we went underground, we ALL would go together.

And there was no evidence of communication to any strange numbers or people. You would have to arrange this ahead of time, and, again as I said before, if you were only leaving your kids with this group, you would most likely tell your kids that these people are safe or have them meet sometime before the exchange happened.

Most likely Tanner, Andrew and Alexander are gone from this world. But I certainly hope that they were placed somewhere that the public will stumble upon eventually, and give the family some closure. I fear that he placed them in dumpsters and they are so untraceable now that we will never find these precious boys.

If there's a chance that the Skelton brothers are still alive, I think it's possible that they are being hidden by members of John's family. IIRC, he has relatives in Florida, and maybe someone there is keeping the boys. Not quite sure how they wouldn't have been discovered by now, but John's family didn't seem to show much emotion when the boys "disappeared". Their lack of concern about the missing brothers was more than a little odd under the circumstances, and I felt that they might know more than they let on about the whereabouts of the children. :moo:

I have contemplated their lack of emotion and I wonder if it's something similar to what we saw with Josh Powell's family. They may have loved the boys, but when a family member falls under suspicion maybe that fear and resentment and denial outweighs what they feel for the victims/missing. They come off as somewhat aloof and like they're betraying the kids' memory because they can't bring themselves to accept what their loved ones did.

Just my armchair psychologist take on it. What part of Florida is the family from? I sure hope LE has gone down that road more than once. Florida is such a gateway state, too. They could be in South America or Mexico or some Bahamian island. Surely there'd be a witness that would have come forward to say they saw three little boys entering customs around the same time, but it's not like this case ever got the media attention that some of these children get. And there were three. Maybe that works against them. Not one cute little identifiable face. Three of them. A lot to take in. No one has ever seen the McStay children either, but they looked like they'd fit into Mexico better than these three little pale Michigander boys.

Do not know if this has been posted yet....................:blushing:

I have been AWAY.

535546_3472594461251_1462853374_33121301_1418544008_n.jpg

All the Wisconsin Peeps Take Note!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, I know of a "group" In this area that I could see taking in these boys....
In addition, yes I have notified LE

hmm haven't seen this- any idea where the Janesville and Rhinelander mentions came from?

hmm haven't seen this- any idea where the Janesville and Rhinelander mentions came from?

Not Sure, Sreshowtime........... Checking into that now... There is a group that is closer to the Waupun area that also has ties in Minnesota and has been known to take children and hide them for parents that have “said” there child were being Sexually Abused. This group has a religious base to it. And its own compound and everything. :waitasec:

Im just so thrilled to see you all here!
We cant forget about these little guys.

:rose: I think of these precios boys often. :rose:

Ok, I know most people in Rhinelander WI..... Not sure what the link of anyone there would be to Janesville...

Don't Know anyone in Janesville....

However the Aunt only lives 40 miles from Janesville in East Troy...

From and Article way back in 12/9/2010

"He told them the boys are safe and warm and well-fed and being cared for," said Skelton's aunt, S. A., 50, a registered nurse in East Troy, Wis. "He said he doesn't want to say where yet."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...fe-and-warm/UPI-42471291904871/#ixzz1s4eL1bup

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back