Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 2 *D. Stewart guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2008 "event" is the one that has the most information. (based on this news report)

In June 2008 DS claimed that he was attacked by VS, during which the oldest daughter was also injured. Apparently VS was at some point was on probation for domestic violence, allthough it isn't clear if it is for the same incident.

In July 2008 DS files for divorce and VS obtains a PPO claiming physical abuse, threats and DS having an apparent sexual interest in her (which I though was an odd thing to have in a PPO filing). It isn't clear which came first, but if all this stemmed from the June incident then the DS filing probably preceeded the VS PPO. All this legal stuff is a tit for tat retaliation, so the first person to file is likely the aggrieved party. It would be interesting to know which came first I think.

In August DS gets a PPO himself. In that he claimed that she had some sort of mental disorder and was on medication, which she was failing to take. I'm not sure how these PPOs work, but if you are making a claim of fact I expect you would be have to produce evidence for it.

Interestingly, all of the VS filings were made in St. Joseph county, while all of the VS filings were apparently in Kalamazoo county. Don't know what that means, but maybe there is some significance there.

Then at some later date they appear to reconcile and everything is dismissed.

It appears that there was some sort of blowup in June and they were clearly in the process of splitting up, both parties made it very clear that they didn't want to be around each other.

Schoolcraft is in Kalamazoo County. So DS must have been living in their family home in Schoolcraft when this all went down and she probably moved in with her parents in Colon after her DV charge. The parents live in St. Joseph County so that's where she would have to file her PPO. Did DS have custody of the children at that point? Was the DV charge in Kalamazoo or St. Joseph County?

Great post and very informative.

I've seen LD a few times...who is this person? Can somebody post a link to something with this LD person in it? Or give some background into who she is?Sorry, I must have missed it the first time around. Thanks! :)

I don't know who she is. I just hope she's not an innocent party being sleuthed.

Apparently LD has been connected to Douglas in VA. Some new girlfriend? Not sure where that info came from but I did a background ck and a criminal background ck and nothing came up - Either my info is wrong and/or she doesn't live near Doug at all. Hard to imagine he would have a girlfriend at this point in time. moo

What criminal wrongdoing did she do to Rachael in regards to her disappearance? I haven't seen a name with those initials mentioned by LE or the media.

I've been reading it all along as "LD" is one of his myspace friends, specifically the 18 year old who posted she'd seen him on the news with a 'lol' at the end of her message. I can't seem to find his page on a google search, so maybe I'm thinking of the wrong person. If that's who you all are talking about, where does it indicate she's his g/f? I'm confused ...

I've been reading it all along as "LD" is one of his myspace friends, specifically the 18 year old who posted she'd seen him on the news with a 'lol' at the end of her message. I can't seem to find his page on a google search, so maybe I'm thinking of the wrong person. If that's who you all are talking about, where does it indicate she's his g/f? I'm confused ...

IIRC he hadn't logged into his myspace account for a very long time until shortly after the disappearance. The girl who commented on his MS page is not LD and is from Kalamazoo.

IIRC he hadn't logged into his myspace account for a very long time until shortly after the disappearance. That leads me to believe that LD is in Michigan because back when that was said, there wasn't anything on the news in Virginia about any of this.

Well, I found the MS link on this thread and the person I was thinking of (lol girl) doesn't have those initials.

A search for "girlfriend" comes up with this:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI-Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, ABDUCTED #2

Not sure how they managed to do a background on someone with just that information, unless they found the person on either his myspace or facebook friend list that matches. Either way, it sounds as if it's just gossip so I don't understand why they are being checked out.

In that post, Orb4me plainly stated it was a rumor.

snipped from that post:
Ive heard sorta 25th handed down gossip/backyard/overthefence/told by the neighbor of the neighbor that her initials are LD.

I don't see a FB page for him up any longer. So I have no idea where those initials came from (they don't match any on his MS). I guess someone must have posted a name that has since been deleted and it snowballed from there?

I have seen some posts regarding Doug's filing for divorce and questions as to how that shows a controlling person. Many times the abuser threatens the other person in the relationship with divorce and an added threat (many times) is a refusal to help financially with the children. By the time this sort of behavior progresses, usually the spouse that is abused is cut off from friends and family, the abuser knows her resources are minimal. This sets up fear in the person being abused, often they feel they have no other options as they have been isolated and have small children to care for. The fact that Doug did not follow through with the divorce proves he wasn't that serious about it, in my opinion. This is all based on my personal past experiences, and while I could be mistaken about THIS case, the signs of abuse are there, IMO.

Venus filed for a protection order first, Doug followed with one of his own. If Doug really felt he needed protection, wouldn't he have been the first one to file ? I see his filing as retribution. Again, this is based on my opinion and experiences.

If you have never been in a relationship like this, it may be hard to understand the dynamics involved. Venus chose to leave with her children and only the clothes on their backs, now she is nowhere to be found.

Taken from NG front page:

Apparent blood stains found in both vehicles belonging to the estranged husband of a Michigan mom abducted when she went to the mailbox in her pajamas to post a letter! Plus, search warrants reveal a receipt discovered in the husband's truck for a shovel, tarp, cap, and gloves. Is this a new break in the case? Nancy Grace has the latest breaking developments, 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

All this says is that there was blood found in BOTH vehicles belonging to Doug!

A receipt was found for a shovel, tarp, hat and gloves in Doug's vehicle.

Because it originates with NG I continue to doubt the info., but if true, what's the incriminating evidence? His blood in both vehicles and the receipt hardly makes him a murderer. Does it? moo

It's changed again:

Breaking News! Police execute search warrants at the home of missing mom Venus Stewart's estranged husband! According the warrants, an "apparent blood stain" was found on the front driver's side door of the husband's car! Also in the truck, investigators find a Walmart receipt for a "shovel, tarp, cap and gloves." Is Venus Stewart's estranged husband's alibi crumbling? Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking developments every night!

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

It's changed again:

Breaking News! Police execute search warrants at the home of missing mom Venus Stewart's estranged husband! According the warrants, an "apparent blood stain" was found on the front driver's side door of the husband's car! Also in the truck, investigators find a Walmart receipt for a "shovel, tarp, cap and gloves." Is Venus Stewart's estranged husband's alibi crumbling? Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking developments every night!

WOW!

That is too specific to be a misread IMO.
NG has some inside info.

What criminal wrongdoing did she do to Rachael in regards to her disappearance? I haven't seen a name with those initials mentioned by LE or the media.

I was asked to check her out - I was given a name that matched the initials here on the thread. I looked her up and couldn't find anything - nobody with those initials popped up. When a question was asked regarding the initials I responded they had no meaning and I was unable to connect anyone with Doug. The only reason I posted the info was to answer a question about where they came from. Apparently a rumor was posted with the initials and people discussed it from there. I never saw the initials and can't say where they came from.

Hope that helps

If there is a blood stain in his car and a Wal-Mart receipt in his truck for those items...there is NO WAY he is not involved. IMO

So....according to NG....warrants were obtained AFTER finding the blood and Wal-Mart receipt? :waitasec:

Well, I found the MS link on this thread and the person I was thinking of (lol girl) doesn't have those initials.

A search for "girlfriend" comes up with this:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI-Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, ABDUCTED #2

Not sure how they managed to do a background on someone with just that information, unless they found the person on either his myspace or facebook friend list that matches. Either way, it sounds as if it's just gossip so I don't understand why they are being checked out.

You're right - can't do a background without a name - I was given a name, checked it out and found nothing. Never said anything about it cause I had no idea where the initials came from or the name and thought it was irrelevant.moo

However, there was a question about the initials saying they had been seen several times and wondering what they were. I gave the best answer I could - tried to squash any rumors saying this person does not exist on any background check. not in the info I found. moo

It's changed again:

She posted this on her facebook page this morning as well. Thanks for getting to it before I could. :)

So....according to NG....warrants were obtained AFTER finding the blood and Wal-Mart receipt? :waitasec:

Yes, I think she's saying that warrants were obtained to search his home after finding these things via the search warrants for the vehicles...I just don't know why NG is the only one reporting this still. You'd think the locals would have it by now if it was breaking news...we'll see.

IF NG really has breaking news, should it be in HLN news during the day? I mean, this sounds like real news in a current case, something that should not be held for days until her prime time show airs...JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases