Michael Rafferty Appeal?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe they're just sending him a message that his appeal is garbage and doesn't stand a chance. Delaying costs less tax dollars.

It's torture for family (and us) to go through waiting for dates to come and go only to have them postponed over and over.

I can't wait to read that his leave to appeal has been denied.

When I see that bas*ards name, I get really angry.

I was just thinking of Victoria today, and being brutally murdered in the Amish laneway by those sick mothers.

I do not know how her loved ones can move on. I have a hard time with it myself.

Rest in peace, innocent Victoria. :(

The fact this guy is continuing to try to BS his way out of this, with or without his 50 hits of oxy a day, is proof that he is a sociopathic liar and should remain behind bars forever. JMO

I totally agree it is not fair to Tori's family for this appeal to be dragged on and on. They need to have closure and this is just prolonging it. My gut feeling is MR will not be granted the funding. I assume he (someone known to him) is checking out every avenue possible to keep stirring the pot. I won't be surprise if and when this phase is over, there will be something else he files to whine about. I assume he has someone who is helping him in his crusade of being a thorn in the side of the justice system as I believe he lacks the intelligence to figure this stuff out for himself. JMHO.

Wish the government didn't feel the need to close KP down as it's a very fitting place for the who were housed in there. I just don't get it. There is a shortage of prisons now and they closed one of the best. The government will eventually build state of the art prisons for these sickos with taxpayers dollars, when IMO some of the money could be invested into KP to modernize it and fix it up. I'm sure the structure is sound. Just another way of spending taxpayers hard earned dollars.

Interesting read. MR is not mentioned in this article either. Bet that would pee him off if he knew he was not mentioned.

What worries many people now is what will happen to the penitentiary after it shuts Monday. The biggest fear? That it will be torn down, despite its designated status, and turned into a subdivision.

But if politicians needed any proof of how much Kingstonians love KP, they need only look at the results on the online sale of tickets to tour it in mid-October, in a fundraiser for the United Way.

“We sold close to 9,200 tickets and raised about $158,000,” said Bhavana Varma, the organization’s president and CEO. “All the tickets were gone within minutes.”

And what of the inmates who have moved out of KP? Up to a week ago there were at least 400 men there. All have gone. Most have been taken to Millhaven, a half-hour’s drive to the west.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-most-famous-prison/article14598900/?page=all

How would anyone really know what really went on anyway except for the two directly involved? We know they both showed up at a home to buy drugs and he went home after the murder to sleep with a friend. I think most people are sickened by what "really went on" based on the little info we have. Anyone who has inside info coming from the perp who is appealing his case best be careful and not post info on here that comes from him directly. JMO

That schlup will spend the rest of his life in jail for raping and murdering a little girl. No matter what he says. He is a known liar and can keep on working his magic on those unfortunate to believe him.

That schlup will spend the rest of his life in jail for raping and murdering a little girl. No matter what he says. He is a known liar and can keep on working his magic on those unfortunate to believe him.

Agreed Matou and hopefully there are not too many who are gullible enough to believe his lies. It's a proven fact; proven in a court of law by many witnesses, the Crown and Judge, he is nothing but a pathetic, chronic, pathological, sexually deviant, cad, liar.

The truth is and evidence proved, TLM abducted Tori as per the monster's planning and instructions, walked her to the 's car where he was hiding in the nursing home parking lot in his car. The monster then drove Tori to that secluded lane way where he raped, tortured and brutally murdered her, burying Tori's deceased and broken body under a pile of rocks. That IMHO is all that anyone needs to know.

I feel certain Tori's loved ones and everyone who has been affected by Tori's demise could have closure and move forward if this MONSTER (as Judge Heeney labeled him) would stop tormenting them with his illegitimate, pathetic appeal. Someone NEEDS to tell him he is not welcome in our society and many wish him dead. Therefore there will never be any fear of him in our society. He is exactly where he belongs and deserves to be with him own kind; the other creepy, sick, demented, monsters who have murdered innocent people. JMHO.

And what of the inmates who have moved out of KP? Up to a week ago there were at least 400 men there. All have gone. Most have been taken to Millhaven, a half-hour’s drive to the west.
[/I]
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-most-famous-prison/article14598900/?page=all

They should have sent MR, Russell Williams, and that Bernardo guy to Millhaven. It is a fitting place for those animals. It's a terrible place. I visited my brother there, he was there for 3 years before they moved him to British Columbia, it really was an awful place fitted only for the worst of the worst. I've never been to Kingston Pen, so I cannot compare, but Millhaven was bad enough.

How would anyone really know what really went on anyway except for the two directly involved? We know they both showed up at a home to buy drugs and he went home after the murder to sleep with a friend. I think most people are sickened by what "really went on" based on the little info we have. Anyone who has inside info coming from the perp who is appealing his case best be careful and not post info on here that comes from him directly. JMO

I have 2 theories, either MR participated fully in killing Tori after doing his other bit, or he egged TLM into killing her, either way, they're both monsters who should be locked up for life and I do mean life.

What I don't understand is that there may be a lawyer out there who would want to defend this knowing what this did. I know that we all deserve a fair defense, but he has already had a trial and a lot of bad stuff came out at that trial and after it. Whatever anyone (MR or another lawyer) says, we all know MR was there (because his first lawyer as much as admitted it) and it led to the death of a little 8 year old girl who had no defences against this monster. How could anyone agree to defend him knowing all this.

I have been praying every day for his legal aid to be denied a 2nd time, however, some lawyer may decide to defend him (if he gets an appeal) pro-bono just to get this notorious case as a notch on his belt. Some people have no scruples.

And I also wonder what the heck the hold up is. There has to be a reason for all delays.

Agree with all posts above me..this is just my opinion ...I wish with all my <3 that Steve Harper would have allowed a discussion in legislature that would rid us ppl like the accused ( can't even write his name) ....I tried hard with many to have theses wishes of the Tori Family be fulfilled ...PASS the FULL TORI LAW ....and ppl who commit crimes on children with NO QUESTION on evidence...Guilty Guilty Guilty ....3 counts ...be GONE...! again JMO and I have voiced it thru out this thread...MY feelings Only....than there would be no more appeals and evil tricks at the PUBLICS expense ...not to mention the pain it is causes the victims family.....": let Tori change Canadian laws and may she be remembered for the changes made for Canada >>>a safer place for ALL children....my strong feelings on this matter....robynhood. NOT intended for discussion..just my thoughts...amen.

I agree, I hate reading his name in the headline. His name didn't make this article, but others did.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/take-a-tour-of-kingston-penitentiary

His name is in this article tho:

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/list-of-notable-kingston-penitentiary-inmates

List of notable Kingston Penitentiary Inmates

"Michael Rafferty: He kidnapped and murdered Tori Stafford, 8, of Woodstock, Ont., in April 2009 with the help of his girlfriend Terri-Lynne McClintic. Tori's remains were found in a wooded area three months after the couple abducted her outside her school."

MR's lawyer, D Derstine could only get evidence thrown out (the computer searches) in order to save his azz. That was the best defense, that was all he had. Now MR wants to tell his bs story?? He had the best lawyer he could have gotten and it didn't help. Pathetic.

It is total bs that any of the ones that are involved not get a full punishment. They tortured a young girl. They murdered her. They are torturing her family now with these appeals. Tieing up our tax dollars to get a lighter sentence for something IMO they should have got life for with no chance of parole.

I totally agree with this robynhood!!!!!!!!
Agree with all posts above me..this is just my opinion ...I wish with all my <3 that Steve Harper would have allowed a discussion in legislature that would rid us ppl like the accused ( can't even write his name) ....I tried hard with many to have theses wishes of the Tori Family be fulfilled ...PASS the FULL TORI LAW ....and ppl who commit crimes on children with NO QUESTION on evidence...Guilty Guilty Guilty ....3 counts ...be GONE...! again JMO and I have voiced it thru out this thread...MY feelings Only....than there would be no more appeals and evil tricks at the PUBLICS expense ...not to mention the pain it is causes the victims family.....": let Tori change Canadian laws and may she be remembered for the changes made for Canada >>>a safer place for ALL children....my strong feelings on this matter....robynhood. NOT intended for discussion..just my thoughts...amen.

I am curious as to what anyone would consider concrete evidence in this case as to his full involvement.

I saw pictures and bank receipts and a lot of people from his past and present (at the time) that were put into evidence at the trial but not one tangable, credible person or shred of evidence that proves directly and clearly that he did this to this poor helpless girl. Imo there are people who end up taking the fall for something that they shouldn't only to justify our own needs as a society.

When you have a messed up girl like TLM admitting to the whole thing, changing her story numerous times as to the sequence of events, getting charged before this and directly after this for assault I start to scratch my head and wonder.

It is possible that a female can be the monster.....it doesn't have to be a man.

Just saying.....

I am curious as to what anyone would consider concrete evidence in this case as to his full involvement.

I saw pictures and bank receipts and a lot of people from his past and present (at the time) that were put into evidence at the trial but not one tangable, credible person or shred of evidence that proves directly and clearly that he did this to this poor helpless girl. Imo there are people who end up taking the fall for something that they shouldn't only to justify our own needs as a society.

When you have a messed up girl like TLM admitting to the whole thing, changing her story numerous times as to the sequence of events, getting charged before this and directly after this for assault I start to scratch my head and wonder.

It is possible that a female can be the monster.....it doesn't have to be a man.

Just saying.....

All that matters is that he was there, TLM & Rafferty both had a hand in the brutal murder, we will never know the whole truth but they were both there so they were both charged. There are numerous female monsters out there, no one has said there couldn't be.

Just saying.....

And I am just saying, THE PERVERT IS GUILTY!!! Proven on all three counts. The is a pervert and there was tons of evidence to PROVE it. Number one reason why Tori was abducted. As far as taking the fall as you mentioned above...yeah right. A normal human being at 27 years of age does not go along with some 17 year olds sick MONSTER'S idea to abduct a child, drives her miles from her home, make stops throughout the journey; one for drugs, one to an ATM machine to get money for the other to go into HD and buy the murder weapon while he parked away from other vehicles because he knew he had an abducted little girl in his car. Tori was found naked from the waist down...GO FIGURE. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. HTH and MOO. Just a suggestion, maybe you should read a few of the numerous article on this case before trying to defend the monster as Judge Heeney rightfully called him. MOO.

A single full day of deliberation is all it took the jury to consider the mounds of evidence heard in a 10-week trial against Michael Rafferty: He is a murderer. He is a kidnapper. He is a sexual sadist.

They are equally guilty, regardless of who swung the hammer that bashed in Tori&#8217;s skull and fractured her ribs, regardless of who orchestrated the youngster&#8217;s abduction as she left school in Woodstock, regardless of who decided the target of their conjoined villainy had to die, tossed beneath a pile of rocks at the end of a lonely country lane.

From the beginning, however, the prosecution emphasized that it didn&#8217;t matter which of them wielded the hammer McClintic bought at a Home Depot that afternoon, April 8, 2009, while Rafferty idled in his car out front, Tori forcibly hunkered beneath a coat in the back seat.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ael_rafferty_in_a_case_that_was_so_wrong.html

McLean also testified that a mixture of blood and semen was found on the back of the front passenger seat.

She said that Rafferty could not be excluded as the source of the semen and Terri-Lynne McClintic, who pleaded guilty to the first-degree murder of Tori two years ago, could not be excluded as the source of the blood.

McLean also described how investigators found a gym bag inside the car which had DNA from three individuals. Testing showed that two of those were likely Rafferty and Tori.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/stafford-s-blood-almost-certainly-found-in-rafferty-s-car-1.1297181

&#8220;You sir are a monster,&#8221; he told the sniffling 31-year-old killer, convicted Friday night of first-degree murder, sexual assault causing bodily harm and abduction.

&#8220;You have snuffed out the life of a beautiful, talented, vivacious little girl. a &#8216;tomboy diva&#8217; in the trustful innocence of childhood.

&#8220;And for what? So that you could gratify your twisted and deviant desire to have sex with a child. Only a monster could commit such an act of pure evil.&#8221;

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-tells-rafferty-at-sentencing/article4184350/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill
Back