Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pack_fan said:
I agree that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes.

IMO, LE has all the pieces of the puzzle right there in front of them if JY is the perp. The news and observer article says that the evidence collected was to COMPARE against evidence found at the scene. So they do have dna at the scene, just have to match it. There will be a lot more presented at trial but the dna alone, assuming it is under her fingernails or possibly on something she used to protect herself, should be enough to convict.

I bet you're right. I imagine she probably did scratch the perp. IF it's JY's dna under her nails, he's toast! ;)

FWIW and as horrible as it sounds, I've always told my girls that if they're ever attacked, no matter what, scratch the SOB. At least, IF they don't survive, there's evidence of who did it.

JMHO
fran

panthera said:
Do we know what type of vehicle they were driving when that accident occurred? I still think something might be true about the rumor of online gambling or such ~ in other words, a debt that Michelle didn't incur.
A 2004 Mitsubishi

fran said:
I bet you're right. I imagine she probably did scratch the perp. IF it's JY's dna under her nails, he's toast! ;)

FWIW and as horrible as it sounds, I've always told my girls that if they're ever attacked, no matter what, scratch the SOB. At least, IF they don't survive, there's evidence of who did it.

JMHO
fran
I'm wondering if there was a broken wedding photo and perhaps the perp cut his foot on it. I am intrigued by the footprint and measurements taken of JY. Almost makes me think he did cleanup in the home and stepped in (at least partially) something (i.e.blood) when stripping down and did not realize it.

No point in measuring his foot against Cassidy's prints, I doubt Meredith was barefoot when she came by, did MY have big feet ? So might be some other reason they want his foot print and measurements...unless the other perp is a bare foot killer. JMO

ETA - perhaps our mystery machine ? http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?id=29886&siteSection=18

fran said:
I can't find the link now that included a statement by local LE, but it basically said LE believe they know who did this crime and they will solve it. They are just gathering evidence and when they have enough to make an arrest they will. They just aren't there yet.

So, I guess we'll just have to continue to have patience and know LE is doing their job. :snooty:

FWIW, IMHO, I do believe $1 million is excessive insurance in this case. Enough to cover paying of the house off, maybe, but a million, no way!

I believe on the policy being between $1 to $2 million is because it MAY have a double indemnity clause for accidental death. Oh, and MURDER is considered 'accidental' so it would probably be $2 million.

I highly doubt the insurance company has paid a dime on this yet, especially due to the husband being a POI, as LE is indicating.

Guess JY didn't watch the SP case. :slap: The insurance company put the $$ in a 'trust account' until after the trial. SP never collected a dime and neither did his family.

JMHO
fran

Hi Fran, I think the amount of the insurance is excessive too. I am sure she has life insurance through the company she works for, it wouldn't,be that much though, unless she added to it. I also find it odd that it was taken out 3 months ago. She had been with the company 3years or so. Where were the LI papers found? I had heard that they were in the SUV but that might be a rumor.

raisincharlie said:
I'm wondering if there was a broken wedding photo and perhaps the perp cut his foot on it. I am intrigued by the footprint and measurements taken of JY. Almost makes me think he did cleanup in the home and stepped in (at least partially) something (i.e.blood) when stripping down and did not realize it.

No point in measuring his foot against Cassidy's prints, I doubt Meredith was barefoot when she came by, did MY have big feet ? So might be some other reason they want his foot print and measurements...unless the other perp is a bare foot killer. JMO

Good thoughts on the footprints Charlie. Maybe they have a shoeless house (like I do) . An intruder wouldn't know that and wouldn't take off his shoes anyway. I have to laugh, years ago I had white carpeting in the living room and I had vacuumed it in perfect rows, I could tell if anyone walked in the room. That was always checked first when we returned from vacation.LOL

pack_fan said:
As for the LI, a million isn't that much considering the two houses, they probably both had student loans, two cars, and a second child on the way. That could wipe out a million quickly. The timing of the insurance is suspicious for sure but also they had recently found out that she was pregnant again. Upping the life insurance could have been necessary.

that's what i feel. these days, $1m really doesn't go far. considering expenses as far as home, childcare and schooling, etc. are concerned. IMO.

raisincharlie said:
A 2004 Mitsubishi
Thanks raisincharlie. I don't think it's odd that he has a 2004 Explorer now though ~ especially if he was supposed to be travelling on business.

Great news coming out today, finally! Thanks guys.

In the non-protective order it implied they found evidence that told them JY was the perp. Anyone have any idea what this could have been? They wouldn't be able to look at footprints and tell they were from his shoes. Maybe she was not dressed from the waist down with only a top as we heard from someone. and something was done to her down there. Possibility if it had to do with the pregnancy.

Hey! Today is the day that RPD goes to look at the death photos. I'm interested to see what he reports.

packerdog said:
Good thoughts on the footprints Charlie. Maybe they have a shoeless house (like I do) . An intruder wouldn't know that and wouldn't take off his shoes anyway. I have to laugh, years ago I had white carpeting in the living room and I had vacuumed it in perfect rows, I could tell if anyone walked in the room. That was always checked first when we returned from vacation.LOL
You're right and the type of carpeting in the house would matter, for instance if it were a thick plush or not. Shoe prints could flatten the pile of the carpet.

scandi said:
Great news coming out today, finally! Thanks guys.

In the non-protective order it implied they found evidence that told them JY was the perp. Anyone have any idea what this could have been? They wouldn't be able to look at footprints and tell they were from his shoes. Maybe she was not dressed from the waist down with only a top as we heard from someone. and something was done to her down there. Possibility if it had to do with the pregnancy.

Hey! Today is the day that RPD goes to look at the death photos. I'm interested to see what he reports.

Scandi, I don't know if it's true, but a saw somewhere that JY has large feet.

Why is RPD looking at the 'death photos?'

JMHO
fran

packerdog said:

packerdog:
This is a little off topic but I had a friend and her parent's home had shag carpeting. Her mom used to wait up for her to get home from her dates so she could 'rake' the carpet before she went to bed! :D

fran

panthera said:
Thanks raisincharlie. I don't think it's odd that he has a 2004 Explorer now though ~ especially if he was supposed to be travelling on business.
Considering the accident happened in May 2006 - I don't kow why he wouldn't take the insurance money and buy a newer vehicle - especially if he was traveling a lot or expected to travel alot. I think the ford came from MY's Father's dealership - surely he could have gotten a good deal on a new vehicle. JMO

OMG Fran, that is too funny! :p She'd drive me nuts for sure.

They published a notice in the paper that anyone could go look at the photos as they are public info. He was going this afternoon and it is already 5pm there. Hopefully tonight we'll learn something.

I think the pubic hairs are normal to be right there. Once I read on this forum that in the average home you will find pubic hairs in every room of the house. I don't know why. Maybe they are easily transfered or blown from one area to the next.

raisincharlie said:
I have wondered why after the accident JY was driving a 2004 ford - just one thought.

Please someone explain what may be wrong with driving a 2004 ford? does everyone get a new car yearly in the states?

raisincharlie said:
Considering the accident happened in May 2006 - I don't kow why he wouldn't take the insurance money and buy a newer vehicle - especially if he was traveling a lot or expected to travel alot. I think the ford came from MY's Father's dealership - surely he could have gotten a good deal on a new vehicle. JMO
Or an even better deal on the 2004? Not knowing how much the insurance paid for the wrecked Mitsubishi, your guess is as good as mine on this one, charlie!!

Floh said:
Please someone explain what may be wrong with driving a 2004 ford? does everyone get a new car yearly in the states?
Not at all, floh!! And I'm finding it rather funny since I also have one!! :D

Floh said:
Nothing wrong with driving a 2004 Ford - I am simply wondering if the reason he is driving a 2004 Ford is because they simply did not have enough $ beyond the insurance payout to purchase a new one, even with an obvious discount that could have been obtained through MY's Dad. Seems reasonable to wonder about it if we are now hearing there were financial troubles - perhaps this lends a bit of credence. The wreck was in 2006 -the vehicle wrecked was a 2004 - why not just get a new one in May 2006 ?

raisincharlie said:
Nothing wrong with driving a 2004 Ford - I am simply wondering if the reason he is driving a 2004 Ford is because they simply did not have enough $ beyond the insurance payout to purchase a new one, even with an obvious discount that could have been obtained through MY's Dad. Seems reasonable to wonder about it if we are now hearing there were financial troubles - perhaps this lends a bit of credence. The wreck was in 2006 -the vehicle wrecked was a 2004 - why not just get a new one in May 2006 ?
Yes, I agree that they likely only had the insurance payout and it was more or less an even trade, even with any help they might have gotten from Michelle's father's business.

less0305 said:
It also mentions the $1 to $2 million insurance policy. Doesn't say when it was taken out, but says it's a rather large policy.
Haven't read through everything yet, so sorry if this is repetitive --

We have 2 children, and have 1.5 mil insurance on my husband, less on me as he is the sole wage earner. We were told based on our chidren being young, being in fairly new mortgage, wanting to know kids college woud be covered, etc -- it is a reasonabe amount and premium is less than $700 a year on the 1.5. I woud bet it has more to do with timing if it is a new policy -- but as others have said, if it came about as a change in employment, that will be the counter argument by his side to be sure.

I have a friend that has an insurance company and he said that he never insures a child for more than the parents. I wonder how much insurance they had on Cassity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99