Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taximom said:
Why would getting a new job affect your spouse's life insurance, FactsareFacts? Other than MY being listed as a beneficiary on any life insurance rec'd through work, I can't see how this would affect it. I'm just wondering out loud, Facts!

Gosh, if you can get 1mill for about $500 per year, hubby and I are seriously doing something wrong. We are paying more than that for WAY less than 1 mill. Hmm. :cool:
I'm in HR (Human Resources) and I can tell you that many benefit plans will provide free life insurance for the employee, usually at some multiple of the person's annual salary, and also will offer additonal optional insurance - where the employee can pay for extra insurance for themselves and for family members. It is usually a good deal because it's offered at group rates and there is no qualifying for it (if you sign up when it's initially offered).

If JY did get insurance on Michelle at the time he changed jobs, it would not be all that unusual.

Alright, I'm back. Too much going on to sleuth, have to sneak some time away.

Back to the insurance policy. I am a little older than JY but have a child around the same age. Speaking to an insurance salesman (who wants you to give everything you have and name your first born after them) a million would not seem excessive to me. I will ignore the two million for the time being, that would seem like overkill to me but could be part of the accidental death and I'm not going there. Could have been quite the motive but seems there could have been plenty of motives for JY.

Just in my situation, my wife and I bought a new house. To pay off the mortgage on the house, assure college for our child, and loss of income of one of the parents would be substantial. Child care alone while one of the parents worked would be a significant amount. Raleigh is certainly not LA by any means but it would be rather expensive compared to smaller towns in the area or even major cities across the us. Raleigh is a up and coming town which has lots of bio medical and research firms in the area. NC is not the farming capital of the world like it used to be. This doesn't account for any car loans, college loans, or personal debt. Remember that there were two homes not just one. IMO, a million would let JY or MY basically break even. Probably enough to pay for Cassidy to go to college, but neither one would be living it up. Young couples out of college tend to have tons of debt and spend beyond their means. I don't think anyone here should beleive that JY would be moving to an island to live the life of the rich and famous. Not saying that it couldn't have gotten him out of a bad situation, but certainly not buying him an oceanfront pad.

I would think that the choice of vehicle would depend on what kind of deal her dad would get them. Both seemed reasonable finacially, not wanting to buy a new car to impress the neighbors.

Charlie, I keep thinking about the footprints as well. Will be very telling if the perp made a dash to the door or hung around a while. Certainly LE can determine if the perp tried to clean up or took the shoes off after the fact. I would tend to beleive that there is at least one good footprint at the scene if they are taking size measurements of his feet. This would basically exclude everyone with less than a size 11 or less from commiting this crime. Someone would have to be very clever to wear oversized shoes to commit the crime.

pack_fan said:
Alright, I'm back. Too much going on to sleuth, have to sneak some time away.

Back to the insurance policy. I am a little older than JY but have a child around the same age. Speaking to an insurance salesman (who wants you to give everything you have and name your first born after them) a million would not seem excessive to me. I will ignore the two million for the time being, that would seem like overkill to me but could be part of the accidental death and I'm not going there. Could have been quite the motive but seems there could have been plenty of motives for JY.

Just in my situation, my wife and I bought a new house. To pay off the mortgage on the house, assure college for our child, and loss of income of one of the parents would be substantial. Child care alone while one of the parents worked would be a significant amount. Raleigh is certainly not LA by any means but it would be rather expensive compared to smaller towns in the area or even major cities across the us. Raleigh is a up and coming town which has lots of bio medical and research firms in the area. NC is not the farming capital of the world like it used to be. This doesn't account for any car loans, college loans, or personal debt. Remember that there were two homes not just one. IMO, a million would let JY or MY basically break even. Probably enough to pay for Cassidy to go to college, but neither one would be living it up. Young couples out of college tend to have tons of debt and spend beyond their means. I don't think anyone here should beleive that JY would be moving to an island to live the life of the rich and famous. Not saying that it couldn't have gotten him out of a bad situation, but certainly not buying him an oceanfront pad.

I would think that the choice of vehicle would depend on what kind of deal her dad would get them. Both seemed reasonable finacially, not wanting to buy a new car to impress the neighbors.

Charlie, I keep thinking about the footprints as well. Will be very telling if the perp made a dash to the door or hung around a while. Certainly LE can determine if the perp tried to clean up or took the shoes off after the fact. I would tend to beleive that there is at least one good footprint at the scene if they are taking size measurements of his feet. This would basically exclude everyone with less than a size 11 or less from commiting this crime. Someone would have to be very clever to wear oversized shoes to commit the crime.

I read the Porco case looking for similarities. There was absolutely no blood in the vehicle, none on the perp, no footprints, false allegations about gambling problems, long hours of driving, no forced entry, bludgeoned, financial (insurance) motive and there's probably more that I can't think of right now. Bludgeoning with an axe, like Porco, allowed him to be at least a yard/metre away from the injuries. Porco could sleep like a baby after both the murder and the conviction. Porco worked at a vet clinic and his employer testified that he gave instruction to Porco on how to bath a dog without getting wet, with the implication being that Porco could have used similar techniques to avoid blood spatter. As for wearing coveralls, I think that's very possible ... like disposable paint coveralls (http://paint-and-supplies.hardwares...ng-coveralls/disposable-coveralls-456467.aspx). Porco took 2 hours and 45 minutes to kill one person and maim another. That included staging a break-in, no robbery and coming out clean. Porco probably didn't shower because his father wasn't dead and was able to walk, so if there was someone in the shower, his father would have confronted him (evidence doesn't support that). The "no robbery" decision was made right away because Joan Porco's purse was on the table and the house wasn't ransacked. The Raleigh police probably made the same quick assumptions without needing anyone to verify whether anything was taken. I doubt Jason stayed around to shower, maybe just quickly washed up his hands and face, stripped off some coveralls and hit the road. Porco was wearing old running shoes the night before and probably threw them away after the event ... Jason probably did the same thing. What really sunk Porco was his initial statement to police and how that conflicted with evidence. Jason not giving a statement was a very smart thing to do. Porco's vehicle was caught on video and I bet that if Jason did this, he too was caught somewhere on video. It seems medical buildings often have exterior video equipment.

raisincharlie said:
If you check the link:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1133617/

and go down a ways to the right there is a link for "The request for Evidence"

This is the order and it is very interesting.
YES!! Essentially saying it is reasonabe to consider he could have committed the felony crime of murder and that's why the request was being made -- and this was 11/11 I believe

Samiya said:
http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2007-01-11-0008.html

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The November murder of Michelle Young is now on the cover of a national magazine.

Authorities still have not identified her suspected killer, leaving many questions still unanswered.

Michelle Young was found dead in her home Nov. 3. Her 2-year-old daughter was found by her side, unharmed.

Sami
Sami, thanks for this link. Excellent video, I might add. So they are just now getting back lab tests, etc. Yay.

Interesting to me is that one article says Cassidy was "found wandering around the house" and others say "found by her (MY) side". I wonder which is truth and which is a reporter's doing.

Another quote I really like:
"Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison told NBC17 Thursday that he's happy with the pace of the investigation and that his people are working to make sure they build a good, solid case."

The Sheriff does not say "We are working hard to find MY's killer". Nope. He says they are working on building a good, solid case.

To me, that means they have their killer. :cool:
:D

scandi said:
Hey! Today is the day that RPD goes to look at the death photos. I'm interested to see what he reports.
Any news, scandi?

Hi Taximom,

I got out of bed to go check it out, and voila those guys had been going crazee over there.

He has to be approved by the coroner before they will let him view the photos as the report is not finished yet. So that was a letdown.

Just The Facts was there and so it was an interesting discussion. He let little bombs drop, like the insurance policy wasn't purchsed only 3 mos before the death, Michelle had a lot of lovely jewelry was missing along with the jewelry drawers, mmmm what else. Oh, he knows who killed her. Says RPD is a lady cop with the Raleigh Police Dept and shouldn't be posting on a public forum. So evidently RPD and Just The Facts must know each other. JTF was very upset RPD was going to view the photos. What else Sami?

scandi said:
Hi Taximom,

I got out of bed to go check it out, and voila those guys had been going crazee over there.

He has to be approved by the coroner before they will let him view the photos as the report is not finished yet. So that was a letdown.

Just The Facts was there and so it was an interesting discussion. He let little bombs drop, like the insurance policy wasn't purchsed only 3 mos before the death, Michelle had a lot of lovely jewelry was missing along with the jewelry drawers, mmmm what else. Oh, he knows who killed her. Says
RPD is a lady cop with the Raleigh Police Dept and shouldn't be posting on a public forum. What else Sami?
(my bold)
Well, that certainly makes sense, scandi. Sorry you got out of bed for nothing, but I just posted something you might be interested in. (edited to add: never mind!)

At CTV? Are you kidding? It was one of the most interesting reads I've had in a long time. Lots of insiders over there. Hot discussion. I posted the question as to why JTF changed his nik to Just The Facts. I think he puts a lot of wrong info out there and has a definate agenda. Plus he loves to post and is used to doing it. Guess who I think he is? :D

Did you find the article on line and post it? :cool: I see Charlie's been here. Bet he is pooped tonight searching for Ben all day. :hand: to you Charlie

Thanks Taximom for finding and posting that article. It is going to hit the hometown tomorrow and I think very soon we might see some real hot action in this case. I am READY ! Goona go read then hit the hay. Arthritis has hit my shoulder joint and is pressing a nerve and the pain is unyielding. Awful.
Tomorrow I'm gonna try and find out how to treat it.

scandi said:
Did you find the article on line and post it? :cool: I see Charlie's been here. Bet he is pooped tonight searching for Ben all day. :hand: to you Charlie

Thanks Taximom for finding and posting that article. It is going to hit the hometown tomorrow and I think very soon we might see some real hot action in this case. I am READY ! Goona go read then hit the hay. Arthritis has hit my shoulder joint and is pressing a nerve and the pain is unyielding. Awful.
Tomorrow I'm gonna try and find out how to treat it.
I'm tempted to subscribe tonight, but guess I'll just get it tomorrow at the store. Mid-morning reading w/coffee.

I hope you find some relief soon for your shoulder. Nite.

Samiya said:
http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2007-01-11-0008.html

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The November murder of Michelle Young is now on the cover of a national magazine.

Authorities still have not identified her suspected killer, leaving many questions still unanswered.

Michelle Young was found dead in her home Nov. 3. Her 2-year-old daughter was found by her side, unharmed.

Sami

Thanks for the article Sami. It states that the insurance policy was taken out 3 months before her death and also says that he had been in contact with MM for 3 months before MY death. Thats what I brought up yesterday. Big red flag to me.

packerdog said:
Thanks for the article Sami. It states that the insurance policy was taken out 3 months before her death and also says that he had been in contact with MM for 3 months before MY death. Thats what I brought up yesterday. Big red flag to me.

Sorry, but is JY playing with a full deck? :bang:

The timing, 3 months for the LI, 3 months for the affair, then murder!

Guess he didn't follow the Peterson trial.

There is NO COINCIDENCE when it comes to MURDER! :woohoo:

JMHO
fran

Samiya said:

Sami

I get the distinct impression that they are closing in on Jason. If this goes to trial, the first thing the defense lawyer will complain about is that the police zeroed in on Jason and didn't look anywhere else. I suppose the police will anticipate this antic and have investigators looking into other perps in the area.

The really big clue will be who took out the policy on MY. If he is the only one who purchased the policy and she had no clue about it, then it tells me he planned it. If she has one on him, taken out at the same time, it still doesn't absolve him. He could have suggested insurance. I could take a policy out on Raisin Charlie if I wanted to. Double indemnity if he gets trampled by a horse. Employers take out policies on key personnel and sometimes never cancel them when they leave a company. Then when they die they get paid, even years later.

fran said:
Sorry, but is JY playing with a full deck? :bang:

The timing, 3 months for the LI, 3 months for the affair, then murder!

Guess he didn't follow the Peterson trial.

There is NO COINCIDENCE when it comes to MURDER! :woohoo:

JMHO
fran
Boy, do I agree with your statement about
coincidences Fran. That's why I think that JY taking their
car down that 100 foot embankment is very suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member