Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The order gives a lot of detail. Signs of struggle, footprints and possible dna left at the scene. I tend to beleive that forensics is coming back with the release of the vehicle and also the testimonial evidence released. I think that an arrest could be soon. Hope so for Michelle and her family.

I think the footprints will be significant. JY is a big man. This would definately rule out a lot of people. His footprints would not be mistaken for female.

Also signs of a struggle, in the testimonial order gives reason for body photographs, hair and other forms of dna.

Did anyone else catch the fact that the testimonial order also included pubic hair? I thought this was rather strange and would imagine that it would only be requested if they found some at the scene.

From the NTO

" Crime scene indicates possible struggle between victim and perpertrator, which could have resulted in injuries to the perpertrator, which injuries, or evidence thereof, may heal, or become undetectable over time."

raisincharlie said:
If you check the link:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1133617/

and go down a ways to the right there is a link for "The request for Evidence"

This is the order and it is very interesting.
Lol, no need to go there. I have a print out on my desk :)

Good to see everyone here.....and glad of some news too

Sami
*advertiser censored*

Samiya said:
Lol, no need to go there. I have a print out on my desk :)

Good to see everyone here.....and glad of some news too

Sami
*advertiser censored*
You better watch out ! Those "print outs" could be deadly :eek:

I don't think some fellow posters saw that link off to the side...just in case!

pack_fan said:
Did anyone else catch the fact that the testimonial order also included pubic hair? I thought this was rather strange and would imagine that it would only be requested if they found some at the scene.
It's not unusual to gather pubic hair for evidence....there ae some hubby's who fake a sexual assault...who have absolutely NO idea that they'll get plucked, lol. (actually combed, but if none come out....they are plucked)

Hand me a bowl of wax and I'll do Jas properly :)

Sami

Wow. Footprints and skin cell evidence, possible injuries to JY. This is BIG. Thanks you guys!!

raisincharlie said:
You better watch out ! Those "print outs" could be deadly :eek:
I'm safe, my hubby's at work and my house is well armed :) We have interior and exterior alarms. The person would have to be under 2 ft tall to get around the exterior alarms and all the door locks and handles are 4 ft plus window bottom ledges are 3ft off the ground.

He won't be sneaking back in in a hurry, lol.

Sami

packerdog said:
It's good to see some new news coming out. Now I wonder about the sun glasses.

Me too packerdog. I still can't get over all the men wearing sunglasses either as if to coverup so to speak with JY. If he did have some scratches or whatever to his eye, surely his family must be a little nervous.

Samiya said:
It's not unusual to gather pubic hair for evidence....there ae some hubby's who fake a sexual assault...who have absolutely NO idea that they'll get plucked, lol. (actually combed, but if none come out....they are plucked)

Hand me a bowl of wax and I'll do Jas properly :)

Sami
I guess if I was going to play devil's advocate for a minute, a sexual assault could explain a lot. I had sort of discredited the sexual assault thing but it could explain some questions I had. I thought the perp had just the intention of coming in the house with murder in mind. That would narrow the list of suspects rather quickly.

Although I have no reason to suspect that the reports are wrong, I wonder how LE can state so quickly that they were having financial difficulties. I doubt that they had pulled financial records so quickly to determine the Young's net worth. Just because they lived in a big house doesn't mean they had financial problems. They had two houses, not just one. I just have a hard time beleiving that she would be considering cutting back time at work if they were barely scraping by as is.

As for the LI, a million isn't that much considering the two houses, they probably both had student loans, two cars, and a second child on the way. That could wipe out a million quickly. The timing of the insurance is suspicious for sure but also they had recently found out that she was pregnant again. Upping the life insurance could have been necessary.

The circumstancial evidence is somewhat overwhelming. The timing of the insurance, out of town, fax-printout, no forced entry, everything. I can say this, either he did it, or he is the unluckiest person alive.....

pack_fan said:
I guess if I was going to play devil's advocate for a minute, a sexual assault could explain a lot. I had sort of discredited the sexual assault thing but it could explain some questions I had. I thought the perp had just the intention of coming in the house with murder in mind. That would narrow the list of suspects rather quickly.

Although I have no reason to suspect that the reports are wrong, I wonder how LE can state so quickly that they were having financial difficulties. I doubt that they had pulled financial records so quickly to determine the Young's net worth. Just because they lived in a big house doesn't mean they had financial problems. They had two houses, not just one. I just have a hard time beleiving that she would be considering cutting back time at work if they were barely scraping by as is.

As for the LI, a million isn't that much considering the two houses, they probably both had student loans, two cars, and a second child on the way. That could wipe out a million quickly. The timing of the insurance is suspicious for sure but also they had recently found out that she was pregnant again. Upping the life insurance could have been necessary.

The circumstancial evidence is somewhat overwhelming. The timing of the insurance, out of town, fax-printout, no forced entry, everything. I can say this, either he did it, or he is the unluckiest person alive.....
LE did remove documents from the house on the first day - they had 20 officers working on it as I recall I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility of knowing the financial status very quickly. Perhaps MF or LF were aware of it through conversations with MY as well.

Something tells me MY was aware of it, and it wasn't because they were living beyond their means IMO. I have wondered why after the accident JY was driving a 2004 ford - just one thought.

I can see uping the insurance when she was pregnant back in the spring - but to up it again 3 months before her murder does not make sense IMO.

pack_fan said:

If this occurred in the bedroom and pubic hairs were found (which should be normal in a bedroom), I'm sure they would collect his to match against all pubic hair found in order to rule out that anybody else was in the home. Imagine if they found pubic hair and didn't do testing on it to determine if it was his or not his. A defense attorney would jump on that and say - oh, they didn't test it. It could be from an intruder that they never checked out.

less0305 said:
If this occurred in the bedroom and pubic hairs were found (which should be normal in a bedroom), I'm sure they would collect his to match against all pubic hair found in order to rule out that anybody else was in the home. Imagine if they found pubic hair and didn't do testing on it to determine if it was his or not his. A defense attorney would jump on that and say - oh, they didn't test it. It could be from an intruder that they never checked out.
Makes perfect sense, thanks.

less0305 said:
It also mentions the $1 to $2 million insurance policy. Doesn't say when it was taken out, but says it's a rather large policy.
And that she planned to cut back on work after her maternity leave. The home value is listed at $379,000, purchased in May 2005, but that still doesn't explain the need for a $1-2million life insurance policy.
:waitasec:

raisincharlie said:
Something tells me MY was aware of it, and it wasn't because they were living beyond their means IMO. I have wondered why after the accident JY was driving a 2004 ford - just one thought.

I can see uping the insurance when she was pregnant back in the spring - but to up it again 3 months before her murder does not make sense IMO.
Do we know what type of vehicle they were driving when that accident occurred? I still think something might be true about the rumor of online gambling or such ~ in other words, a debt that Michelle didn't incur.

panthera said:
And that she planned to cut back on work after her maternity leave. The home value is listed at $379,000, purchased in May 2005, but that still doesn't explain the need for a $1-2million life insurance policy.
:waitasec:
The house may have had a mortgage on it. Part of a post I just put up at ctv..

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica] Michelle alone would've had to had a "HUGE" income to be paying off a house of that expense, plus rates, regular bills, Cassidy's needs (daycare costs etc)......to to top it all off, her hubby is away "apparently" 3 to 4 nights a week according to some person.

Now if he was away like that and it was never actually on business....bye bye finances.....

Sami
[/font]

Samiya said:
The house may have had a mortgage on it. Part of a post I just put up at ctv..

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Michelle alone would've had to had a "HUGE" income to be paying off a house of that expense, plus rates, regular bills, Cassidy's needs (daycare costs etc)......to to top it all off, her hubby is away "apparently" 3 to 4 nights a week according to some person.

Now if he was away like that and it was never actually on business....bye bye finances.....

Sami
[/font]
You're right, Michelle's income alone wouldn't support a home like that, with all the accompanying bills. And we don't know exactly how much Jason was earning, but wouldn't his expenses for travel be covered by his employer? Or as you say, he may not have been "away at business" all the time, and Michelle found out? At any rate, it sure looks now like he is the one who committed this murder.

I was sooo glad to see that they took photographs of his body. I kept thinking that IF he was the perp, any injuries he may have sustained would be healed. But, it looks like they got to him early. Good!

IMHO, there's much going on behind the scenes. I just wish they'd hurry up! :doh:

JMHO
fran

http://www.wral.com/news/local/flash/1133639/

"Photographs of body (injuries to body),..."

..............snip................

"There is probable cause to believe that an offense punishable as a felony or a Class A1 or Class 1 misdemeanor has been committed and reasonable grounds to suspect that the person named or described above committed the offense. The results of the requested non testimonial identification procedures will be of material aid in determining whether this person committed the offense."

fran said:
I was sooo glad to see that they took photographs of his body. I kept thinking that IF he was the perp, any injuries he may have sustained would be healed. But, it looks like they got to him early. Good!

IMHO, there's much going on behind the scenes. I just wish they'd hurry up! :doh:

JMHO
fran

http://www.wral.com/news/local/flash/1133639/

"Photographs of body (injuries to body),..."

..............snip................

"There is probable cause to believe that an offense punishable as a felony or a Class A1 or Class 1 misdemeanor has been committed and reasonable grounds to suspect that the person named or described above committed the offense. The results of the requested non testimonial identification procedures will be of material aid in determining whether this person committed the offense."
I agree that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes.

IMO, LE has all the pieces of the puzzle right there in front of them if JY is the perp. The news and observer article says that the evidence collected was to COMPARE against evidence found at the scene. So they do have dna at the scene, just have to match it. There will be a lot more presented at trial but the dna alone, assuming it is under her fingernails or possibly on something she used to protect herself, should be enough to convict.

I can't find the link now that included a statement by local LE, but it basically said LE believe they know who did this crime and they will solve it. They are just gathering evidence and when they have enough to make an arrest they will. They just aren't there yet.

So, I guess we'll just have to continue to have patience and know LE is doing their job. :snooty:

FWIW, IMHO, I do believe $1 million is excessive insurance in this case. Enough to cover paying of the house off, maybe, but a million, no way!

I believe on the policy being between $1 to $2 million is because it MAY have a double indemnity clause for accidental death. Oh, and MURDER is considered 'accidental' so it would probably be $2 million.

I highly doubt the insurance company has paid a dime on this yet, especially due to the husband being a POI, as LE is indicating.

Guess JY didn't watch the SP case. :slap: The insurance company put the $$ in a 'trust account' until after the trial. SP never collected a dime and neither did his family.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members