Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi otto: yep - overplanned is a good way of putting it! Ugh, I can't HELP but bring out more nasty shadows from the Scott era:

REMEMBER ... with the fax, otto - Scott goes to the warehouse to retrieve an 'important fax' and the boat is there - no one knows he had it - and he rsponds the boat was a CHRISTMAS SURPRISE FOR LACI

Seems Jason Rumour has it Jason had a Surprise Christmas Gift, via a fax, at an odd location and a whole heap more, for Michelle. This is so close to the origina version it's ridiculous.

JMO.

There are indeed interesting parallels emerging, which is probably why it's so tempting to jump to conclusions. We've also all become a bit "war weary", if that's the correct phrase, about giving the benefit of the doubt (I think). When I read that the police want verification of alibis provided by family members, it doesn't bother me a bit. It used to bother me but after all the nonsense with Scott Peterson, it's easy to understand why the police become jaded. Jason is still innocent until proven innocent, but the more evidence he can provide to support his alibi, the more innocent he'll seem. Without something or someone to corroborate Jason's 'family' alibi, then it just seems like another fact for the police to trip over. That's also true of the fax, the surprise Christmas present and all the other points that are just as questionable now as they were with Peterson.

(Thinking aloud again!) One thing that REALLY bothered me when listening to the 911 call was that Meredith asked Cassidy to go to into her bedroom and close the door. I thought to myself, "How does she know the killer isn't still in the house?" I'm not saying that Meredith had anything to do with it, but it really made me wonder if she thought "something" else was wrong with her sister--miscarriage? fall? (she did ask Cassidy if her mother had fallen) But STILL!

Didn't someone post a link to her Myspace account? I know that I clicked on the link but didn't really look at it for long. It didn't seem to have a lot of information on it although I'm sure it had her age.

I really wish we had some new information to go on...

texasgirl said:
(Thinking aloud again!) One thing that REALLY bothered me when listening to the 911 call was that Meredith asked Cassidy to go to into her bedroom and close the door. I thought to myself, "How does she know the killer isn't still in the house?" I'm not saying that Meredith had anything to do with it, but it really made me wonder if she thought "something" else was wrong with her sister--miscarriage? fall? (she did ask Cassidy if her mother had fallen) But STILL!
One of the online news articles said the crime was "violent", and that she was found lying face down in a pool of blood. Last night on Greta the blood splatter, etc. was being discussed. These statements lead me to believe that Meredith should've recognized immediately that it wasn't a "fall" or miscarriage. Maybe she was just talking to the child in that manner ("did mommy fall?").

Wow, just tried to catch up on 4 pages since I last checked in ... just a couple of points to add:

Close Enough ... "Wake County deputies were called to a home in the Enchanted Oaks subdivision in south Raleigh around 1:30 p.m. Friday after 29-year-old Michelle Young's sister found her body."
http://www.wral.com/news/10236933/detail.html
... So it indeed was just after 1.

I also found the link to the statement that it was unusual for the sister to retrieve anything from the house:

"If the media is accurate, the SIL said it was unusual for Jason to call and ask her to retrieve a fax from the house. IIRC, it was stated that he'd never done that before." posted at court tv by hey paula on Nov 12. I have not read it confirmed in the media, but relied on that information. (I hope it's okay to quote that here, if not please delete). I have not yet found a media source.

texasgirl said:

Didn't someone post a link to her Myspace account? I know that I clicked on the link but didn't really look at it for long. It didn't seem to have a lot of information on it although I'm sure it had her age.

I really wish we had some new information to go on...

I don't have a problem with Meredith asking Cassidy to go into her room and close the door for "two secs". The 911 operator told her to secure the child so Meredith could verify Michelle's condition. Every time the guy asked her if Michelle was dead, she said she didn't know. She was obviously a little confused and it definitely seems like she doesn't want to say it out loud - because then it makes it real. She says there's blood everywhere, that Michelle is cold, that she's stiff. Secondly, Cassidy had been in the house for some time alone, obvious from the footprints, so the chance of a bad guy still being in the home was low. Finally, the 911 operator didn't even think about the possibility that there was an intruder in the home since he asked Meredith to secure the child somewhere while Meredith went into the bedroom alone to assess the situation.

I haven't come across any links to a myspace account from any of the family members.

Also, when Meredith asks Cassidy if she knew what happened, I hear her say "Daddy" and then there's a bump on the recording so it's hard to understand what she says ... but I'll bet that recording is being enhanced to get a clear understanding of what she said. I'm speculating but if the family is suspicious of the husband, it may be because they already know what Cassidy said. She seems to be a very articulate child for her age. The problem with testimony from very young children is that they sometimes name the most important people in their lives when they're afraid.

The 911 operator seems a little odd if you ask me. How many times did he have to be told that Michelle was cold before he understood that she was cold!

otto, your assessment of the 911 call is exactly how I interpreted it. I see protection of the child in Meredith's demeanor. And, I see controlled panic. The 911 operator seemed slightly oblivious, however,with that said, the deputies were already on the way so it is a stalling technique IMO.

They actually covered the case on NG tonight but nothing new.... I'm desperate for some more info.

otto said:
The 911 operator seems a little odd if you ask me. How many times did he have to be told that Michelle was cold before he understood that she was cold!

I had the same concerns about this dude (post 269). At one point, I actually threw my hands up in the air thinking Come On!!!!!

panthera said:
That actually sounds quite logical. Does anyone know if this is a one or two-story house? When I was watching Greta last night, the bedroom seemed to be referred to as "up".
:confused:

About Meredith having a key, we have a keypad on our house and a few family members have our code. Also, people in our family share keys so in case we lose the keys or get locked out, someone can help.

Come to think of it, Jason must have known that Meredith had access to the house because that is the only way that Jason could have asked her to pick up the fax while thinking that Michelle was away. It makes me ask another question ... who else in the family had a key or code?

It definitely looks like a 2 story house ... check out the video on this page: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/13/earlyshow/main2175238.shtml
"The Youngs bought their 2,800-square foot home in May 2005 for $379,000, according to court records. Michelle Marie Young graduated in 1999 from N.C. State University with an undergraduate degree in accounting." http://www.newsobserver.com/167/story/506181.html

jilly said:
I had the same concerns about this dude (post 269). At one point, I actually threw my hands up in the air thinking Come On!!!!!

It was almost frustrating listening to the guy ... I found myself smiling thinking ... "come on, are you paying attention!" but it makes sense that it is a stalling technique to just keep her talking until help arrived. He asked her several times what her name was ... I wanted him to pay attention. I think she sounds genuinely in shock during the phone call. He's getting her to stay calm and a couple of times it sounds like she's about to be overwhelmed by the situation. Pretty sad.

Hope it's not 'here we go again' . . . but I was thinking if he was sending his SIL over to get a FAX that his wife shouldn't see . . . how was she going to get it without his wife knowing? Wouldn't the wife get a bit suspicious? Also, I guess if I was the SIL and was sent on this errand....I would be planning to read the FAX - no matter what my conscious told me.
But his SIL never had to make the decision...I'm sorry but her sister must have been in shock because she sounded pretty calm and collected from the recording I heard after she discovered her sister. Plus, why didn't she just grab the baby and run from the house just in case the murderer was still in the house? Also, why didn't the police tell her to run with the baby just in case? The sister didn't die naturally wasn't there blood all around her - that would make me grab my nephew and run screaming from the house.
I'm certainly not accusing the SIL of anything but I think the police should have intructed her to get out of the house. She was certainly calmer than I would have been -
If the husband is (was) involved, and I'm not accusing him - but could he have wanted his daughter not to be left in the house alone? He needed someone to get her and the fax was a ruse?
Plus, it seems so many men run to their mothers' homes - Peterson, Entwistle (to England) and now Jason? Scott Peterson has forced me to keep my antenna ever vigilant. :behindbar

otto said:
He sounded as if that was the first time he'd been on a homicide call.
;)

otto said:
It definitely looks like a 2 story house ... check out the video on this page: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/13/earlyshow/main2175238.shtml
"The Youngs bought their 2,800-square foot home in May 2005 for $379,000, according to court records. Michelle Marie Young graduated in 1999 from N.C. State University with an undergraduate degree in accounting." http://www.newsobserver.com/167/story/506181.html
Thanks for the links, but after I posted that, I saw a picture of it during the daylight on Nancy Grace, and it definitely is a two-story house.

czechmate7 said:
Has anyone heard anything else about the fax? I'm sure LE retrieved it...wonder what it was about?

We're all waiting for Greta's show coming on here shortly!:D

Nancy's show had a segment tonite but nothing much there. There don't appear to be any leaks here, so we're all just left to wonder.

panthera said:
He sounded as if that was the first time he'd been on a homicide call.
;)

You are probably right. He was all set to get Meredith to do CPR on a cold face-down body in a pool of blood ... what could have been going through his mind!

jilly said:
We're all waiting for Greta's show coming on here shortly!:D

Nancy's show had a segment tonite but nothing much there. There don't appear to be any leaks here, so we're all just left to wonder.

I think 'no leaks' is very, very good. I think we've all seen what happens when every rumour, fear and suspicion is posted all over the news ... people not only get really confused, but the investigation could be comnpromised.

fran said:
The most dangerous time for a pregnant woman in an abusive relationship is the first and last trimester. This was stated over and over and over again leading up to and during the Peterson trial.

Michelle was murdered in her second trimester. (Oh no, this couldn't be the husband then!)

They were a wonderful couple, so happy. They were so successful for their age. (Have we heard this before?)

One of the reasons Scott P was suspected was because if it was a 'stranger' murder, he wouldn't bother 'hiding' her body. Well..............Michelle was left where she would be found. (Oh no, this couldn't be the husband!)

SP had no alibi. This guy, uhhhhh.........has an alibi of sorts, his mom and step dad. OH, who by the way, the parents have NOT given a formal statement to LE as of yet (It's only been a WEEK!). (Oh no, again, this couldn't be the husband, he had an alibi.............ehhhh at 3:30 a.m.?)...(also, the inlaws are so concerned with catching the 'real' killer, they haven't sat down and talked to LE???????????????)

But...............step dad to son....................don't talk to the cops and get a HIGH PROFILE attorney!!! OHHHKKKAAAYYYYYYY

The husband (IF he did it) is usually not the one to call LE to report the crime. Jason was out of town............ But, oh, Michelle wasn't missed so her work didn't call to see where she was,............so........voila!...........for the first time EVER, the victim's sister is asked to go to the home (when no one is there) to retrieve a (mysterious) fax he doesn't want his wife to see. (again, it couldn't have been the husband, he was out of town!)

Gosh! Wonder what the fax was? Was there a fax? WHO sent the fax?

OH, FWIW, did you all see the video of Jason walking at the funeral? I just thought it was interesting he was wearing shades and staring at the ground and whenever anyone spoke to him, (in the clip I saw anyway), he didn't even look up at them but continued to stare at the ground.....................interesting.

JMHO !
fran
Regarding Jason's behavior at the funeral: did anyone else notice that when he went to hug someone, he had this smile on his face...I can't describe the smile except to say it looked like a happy smile. Just a feeling it gave me, like something is wrong here. The shades couldn't hide that smile ! Remember Scott Peterson the day Laci disappeared,(at his first and only news interview for months) with his baseball cap pulled way down over his eyes?

nanandjim said:
Then, Michelle must have been Super Woman. She works a
full-time, demanding job, has a 2-year-old, is pregnant with another and has a lover. I feel certain that she also was the main person who maintained and cleaned the household. My, my, how did she do it all?? :waitasec:
n&j- what was her occupation? tia

wicket said:
Hope it's not 'here we go again' . . . but I was thinking if he was sending his SIL over to get a FAX that his wife shouldn't see . . . how was she going to get it without his wife knowing? Wouldn't the wife get a bit suspicious? Also, I guess if I was the SIL and was sent on this errand....I would be planning to read the FAX - no matter what my conscious told me.
But his SIL never had to make the decision...I'm sorry but her sister must have been in shock because she sounded pretty calm and collected from the recording I heard after she discovered her sister. Plus, why didn't she just grab the baby and run from the house just in case the murderer was still in the house? Also, why didn't the police tell her to run with the baby just in case? The sister didn't die naturally wasn't there blood all around her - that would make me grab my nephew and run screaming from the house.
I'm certainly not accusing the SIL of anything but I think the police should have intructed her to get out of the house. She was certainly calmer than I would have been -
If the husband is (was) involved, and I'm not accusing him - but could he have wanted his daughter not to be left in the house alone? He needed someone to get her and the fax was a ruse?
Plus, it seems so many men run to their mothers' homes - Peterson, Entwistle (to England) and now Jason? Scott Peterson has forced me to keep my antenna ever vigilant. :behindbar

the SIL, Meredith, was under the impression that Michelle was at work...she said "Michelle wasn't suppose to be there" .... IMO, i don't think the fax was a ruse, so to speak....i think it went along w/his alibi, if he killed Michelle...he would know that LE would be all over the fax, once they found out about it..it was a reason to have the SIL go to the house & find a dead Michelle, while he's 300 miles away, AND to take care of his daughter, which he knew was there alone, at that time...

all of this is IF Jason killed Michelle....

j2mirish said:
n&j- what was her occupation? tia

it was said tonight on NG that she had a "good job" in the financial dept at a place called Charter One....i could be wrong about the name of the company though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela