Midwest States - IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, SD, ND, NE, WI, OH - Weather Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy rain in Wichita, Derby, Mulvane Kansas earlier today. Now it’s cold 29 degrees windchill 13 with gusts up to 47 mph. Snow and ice possible with wind continues.

son lives in SL....he is getting hit hard now.

a F1 tornado came through in late May early June....we saw some shingle damage so with this wind I am calling out Insurance company. My son fixed som shingles temporarily last week!

The house shakes so bad from the gusts I think of Dorothy’s house in Oz flying!
Stay safe all.

Please be safe if you are in the path of the current winter storm. So far in my neck of the woods (Rochester Hills in Oakland County, MI) we are just getting heavy rain. Wind is pickup up, and temperatures are supposed to drop. DH has gone out to Costco so he can be back before the rain turns to ice. I hope we don't lose power.

LIVE UPDATES: Winter storm moving through Michigan this weekend

DETROIT
– A winter storm will bring dangerous rain, ice and snow to Michigan this weekend.

Flooding is the main concern in Metro Detroit. Ice and power outages are the biggest concerns north of M-59 and into Southern Central and Western Michigan...

The heaviest snow is falling across the southern parts of the state where a 6"-8" could fall for places from Marshall to Mankato east to Rochester. Isolated heavier amounts are possible in that area and totals of 9 inches or above have already been seen in places like Minneota and New Ulm.

WEATHER: Heavy snow falling in metro, southern MN

Reactions: byo
ALERT DAY - SNOW, WIND, COLD
Bitter wind chills, dangerous blowing snow and frigid temperatures are a fixture through Thursday morning. As wind gusts reach 30 mph from the northwest, watch for the travel scene to be greatly impacted. At the same time, brutal cold is rushing in. We'll be sub-zero by midnight and wake up into the -10s. Wind chills will -25 to -40° by morning, a very dangerous level.

The snow isn’t too bad here yet, but the fog on top of it made it a nightmare drive home!

It passed us by, shifting at the last minute. Frankly, I would not have minded being snowed in today. I didn’t really want to get out of bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18